Author Topic: Fears of Democrat crackdown lead to gun sales boom  (Read 6600 times)

Decker

• Getbig V
Re: Fears of Democrat crackdown lead to gun sales boom
« Reply #100 on: November 12, 2008, 06:45:52 AM »

Would you paraphrase please.  I can't watch your video proof.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #101 on: November 12, 2008, 07:49:32 AM »
Forgive me but you're overblown protests smack of mild paranoia.

I'm sorry, you just dont want to believe your messiah has these plans in place already.  His "change.gov" site was scrubbed and other thigs went missing as well as his brown shirt plan for mandatory community service and civilian defense forces.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: November 12, 2008, 07:51:34 AM »
I'm sorry, you just dont want to believe your messiah has these plans in place already.  His "change.gov" site was scrubbed and other thigs went missing as well as his brown shirt plan for mandatory community service and civilian defense forces.
Listen to yourself. 

I suppose we'll just have to cross these legislative bridges when they come up.

Which they won't.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: November 12, 2008, 08:21:48 AM »
Listen to yourself. 

I suppose we'll just have to cross these legislative bridges when they come up.

Which they won't.

My honest belief is that the Pelosi Reid Congress is going to force Obama to sign very liberal and controversial legislation.  While Obama himself may want to govern from the center, I think Pelosi and Reid are not going to let that happen and put all sorts of nonsense at his desk, including a huge gun bill that makes the 1994 bill look like nothing.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: November 12, 2008, 08:37:44 AM »
My honest belief is that the Pelosi Reid Congress is going to force Obama to sign very liberal and controversial legislation.  While Obama himself may want to govern from the center, I think Pelosi and Reid are not going to let that happen and put all sorts of nonsense at his desk, including a huge gun bill that makes the 1994 bill look like nothing.
Pelosi and Reid are disappointments.  They don't have the stones to push Obama in any direction.  God I hate spineless politicians.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: November 12, 2008, 09:22:01 AM »
Pelosi and Reid are disappointments.  They don't have the stones to push Obama in any direction.  God I hate spineless politicians.

Pelosi is another liberal hag married to a multimillionaire who employs illegals at her ranch. 

Reid is a hack Vegas politician who made $$$$ on weird real estate deals.

That is why I am in favor of strict term limits.   

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: November 12, 2008, 09:25:13 AM »
Pelosi is another liberal hag married to a multimillionaire who employs illegals at her ranch. 

Reid is a hack Vegas politician who made $$$$ on weird real estate deals.

That is why I am in favor of strict term limits.   
We have term limits, they are called elections.  We want politicians that are seasoned, i.e., get better with experience.  Term limits kill that possiblity.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: November 12, 2008, 09:30:16 AM »
We have term limits, they are called elections.  We want politicians that are seasoned, i.e., get better with experience.  Term limits kill that possiblity.

The power of incumbancy makes it almost impossible for challengers to really mount an effective campaign. 

I am in favor of strict term limits for congress.  If the president is term limited, so should congress be, even if it requires an amendment.

The current hacks in congress, like McCain, Pelosi, Reid, Specter, Byrd, Kennedy, etc, really need to make way for new people in there.

The original intent was citizen legislators who would serve and go home.  What we have now are hacks on both sides who do the bidding for everyone other than those who pay their salaries.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #108 on: November 12, 2008, 09:35:50 AM »
The power of incumbancy makes it almost impossible for challengers to really mount an effective campaign. 

Not really... major overturning in congress in 08, with a lot of long-time greats being shown the door.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: November 12, 2008, 09:45:39 AM »
Would you paraphrase please.  I can't watch your video proof.
LOL he has shown himself to be extremely anti gun...voted against hand guns, was in favor of a national hand gun ban, restrictions on gun owners and gun sellers. He always says he wants "common sense" gun laws but never went into detail I WONDER WHY? LOL you ppl who believe he wont go after guns or introduce more gun control are not informed on the subject.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: November 12, 2008, 09:46:24 AM »
Not really... major overturning in congress in 08, with a lot of long-time greats being shown the door.

Solely because of Obama coattails.

I also think the gerrymandering of districts has had a terrible impact on the turnover in congress.  I live in NYC and there are districts that will FOREVER be democrat solely due to gerrymandering.  Charlie Rangle gets 98% of the vote every time.  That is not healthy.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: November 12, 2008, 09:56:16 AM »

That goes to the heart of the problem in a way:  campaign financing.  Plus the problem of the people decrying pork barrel spending yet re-electing politicians who bring home the bacon.

It's a complex issue.