Author Topic: Rear Delt growth  (Read 9124 times)

jpm101

• Getbig IV
Re: Rear Delt growth
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2008, 06:28:35 PM »
Congrats to Tbombz for being the 3,988's person to invent this combo one arm  DB row/up-right row exercise from since 1955. Some may call it cheat rows with either a DB or BB. Which has been a very popular movement in recent years by some of the better known Pro's.

Bradford presses (Jim Bradford) are not meant for everyone. Usually a heavier weight is used and the  hand position shifted out a little more when doing the PBN movement. And than back in a bit when returning to the regular front press if trouble is encountered when using the same hand spacing for both. Some guy's complain about too much stress on the shoulder joints, in either event. This is when the bar is lifted all the way overhead each rep. When the bar just clears the head (half rep or so) you are keeping TUT on the whole shoulder girdle. A good muscle builder for pure BB'ing. A moderate weight is advised.

Can also do that lateral raise version behind the back while lying on a steeper incline bench. Can also alternate lateral raises from the front to the back and than to the front again. In any event, Wes offers excellent BB'ing advice. Modern methods with an old school flair. Good Luck.
F

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2008, 04:14:23 AM »
Thanks jpm...........means a lot coming from you.

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2008, 06:38:00 AM »
Does anyone have any tricks for rear delt growth? My delts all seem to be some what in proportion but my rear delt sits to low. Any tips or tricks would be appreciated.

i dont know if it can be classified as a trick, but I managed to bring up my rear delts quite well by separating the rear delt exerscises from the main shoulder workout and doing them after back workout: I do 45 bench rear lateral raises (dumbells) and seated rear lateral machine to burn em a bit...doing them after the back session really works well for me

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2008, 05:28:14 PM »
Congrats to Tbombz for being the 3,988's person to invent this combo one arm  DB row/up-right row exercise from since 1955. Some may call it cheat rows with either a DB or BB. Which has been a very popular movement in recent years by some of the better known Pro's.

hahaha oh fuck. well ive never ever seen anyone do it and i showed it to a guy who is a state level compet. and he liked it too and had never heard of it or seen it (and he trained and lived in venice during late 80s early 90s)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2008, 05:30:58 PM »
hahaha oh fuck. well ive never ever seen anyone do it and i showed it to a guy who is a state level compet. and he liked it too and had never heard of it or seen it (and he trained and lived in venice during late 80s early 90s)
you have to remember "jpm" knows everything there is to know about training, one arm presses a 175 pound db overhead and has trained with all the greats, don't ask him to post his picture though. :D

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2008, 05:38:53 PM »
Of course I have have exercised my rear delts. I just wanted to see if anyone had any tricks (like wes did) for them. Why clog up the forum saying stupid shit like that?
Pandae was trying to help you, it would be best for you to thank him, "bigbychoice."

io856

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2008, 02:49:47 AM »
you have to remember "jpm" knows everything there is to know about training, one arm presses a 175 pound db overhead and has trained with all the greats, don't ask him to post his picture though. :D
BULLSHIT

You have to be a fuccking monster to do that... in that case he would gladly post a picture

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2008, 07:41:40 AM »
BULLSHIT

You have to be a fuccking monster to do that... in that case he would gladly post a picture
that's what he claims along with a bunch of other crazy made up lifts, go check out his training journal thread although he probably deleted all of his fake lifts out of embarassment.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2008, 08:22:30 AM »
I am starting a fund and will accept donations to send OuakerOats for treatment of his mental and emotional condition. Please send money(s) to www. i tard.mo/usa. Also like to throw in a course on Body Building 101 for the little fellow. Which he badly needs. Also selected funds for the National Stop Slobbing On The Keyboards While Thinking Of JPM101 Society (NSSOTKWTOJS). God bless all.

I do the one arm DB side press, not the one arm regular DB press. Have stated this over and over again to  that poor little butterball QO's. Does not seem to understand it, as yet. Let's all pray for him, shall we?

Anyone is quite free, and I encourage you, to do a search for the one arm SIDE PRESS. Any normal person can see the difference between the two exercises. Thank You and Good Luck.
F

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2008, 08:23:58 AM »
I am starting a fund and will accept donations to send OuakerOats for treatment of his mental and emotional condition. Please send money(s) to www. i tard.mo/usa. Also like to throw in a course on Body Building 101 for the little fellow. Which he badly needs. Also selected funds for the National Stop Slobbing On The Keyboards While Thinking Of JPM101 Society (NSSOTKWTOJS). God bless all.

I do the one arm DB side press, not the one arm regular DB press. Have stated this over and over again to  that poor little butterball QO's. Does not seem to understand it, as yet. Let's all pray for him, shall we?

Anyone is quite free, and I encourage you, to do a search for the one arm SIDE PRESS. Any normal person can see the difference between the two exercises. Thank You and Good Luck.
hahahaha, another meltdown by the huge lifter "jpm", i'll make a deal with you "big guy", post a picture of yourself and i'll delete my account, whaddya say?

bigbychoice

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2008, 09:02:07 AM »
Pandae was trying to help you, it would be best for you to thank him, "bigbychoice."

What would I be thanking him for? Sounded like sarcasm to me. Any way thank you to everyone who helped. Wes your idea of the super set is great. I am going to try it tonight.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2008, 01:06:16 PM »
Good luck bro!!

bigbychoice

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2008, 08:21:02 AM »
So I watched a clip on you tube of Gregg Valentino (The rambling freak) and his suggestion for getting bigger shoulders was training rear delts first. I did that last night and I really felt it in the upper part of my rear delt. Plus I got a much larger pump then I normally do in my delts. I think I am going to try this method for a while and see what happens.

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2008, 01:52:02 PM »
One pretty good rear delt/trap exercise that I discovered/invented/whatever the fuck I did is upright rows on an incline bench.  Set a bench at 30-45 degrees, lay chest down and row the bar up to the forehead with the elbows high and wide.  Pretty good for the shoulder girdle/upper back area.

bigbychoice

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2008, 11:57:12 AM »
One pretty good rear delt/trap exercise that I discovered/invented/whatever the fuck I did is upright rows on an incline bench.  Set a bench at 30-45 degrees, lay chest down and row the bar up to the forehead with the elbows high and wide.  Pretty good for the shoulder girdle/upper back area.

Nice! I am gonna try it.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2008, 08:21:21 PM »
I don't train them, they get enough stimulation while training back IMO

io856

« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2008, 09:23:33 PM »
by that logic don't train biceps, triceps, front delts etc

ASJChaotic

« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2008, 09:27:13 PM »
by that logic don't train biceps, triceps, front delts etc
I don't train front delts, they get enough stimulation from chest workouts
biceps and triceps are bigger muscles though

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2008, 03:40:28 PM »

Pretty sure you should be training everything, judging by the Mr. GB3 pics.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2008, 04:28:45 PM »
Pretty sure you should be training everything, judging by the Mr. GB3 pics.
;D ;D ;D
give me a break, I have only been training for 9 months

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2008, 04:32:32 PM »
;D ;D ;D

I'll pass.

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2008, 07:40:15 PM »
Have a look at this

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2008, 07:57:37 PM »
;D ;D ;D

all the better reason for you to be READING, not advising.

bigbychoice

• Getbig II
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2008, 08:33:34 AM »
Have a look at this

very nice thanks!

bigbychoice

• Getbig II
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2008, 09:58:13 AM »
all the better reason for you to be READING, not advising.

Very much so.