Author Topic: i WON..UPBF Battle Of Giants 2008  (Read 22321 times)

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: i WON..UPBF Battle Of Giants 2008
« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2008, 08:52:14 AM »
:o

Hey, isn't the guy in the back left of the pic, Tommi Thorvildsen?

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2008, 08:53:43 AM »
Apparently, he thinks competing in OTHER federations will increase his chances of getting in the IFBB.....

That's what i don't understand about him.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2008, 09:13:58 AM »
Apparently, he thinks competing in OTHER federations will increase his chances of getting in the IFBB.....

Here is what I don't understand.  Has Sami ever competed in the IFBB.  If so then ignore the rest of this.  But if not, why can't he compete in any show he wants for any organization he wants.  What is he supposed to do not compete at all while waiting to see if he can compete in the IFBB.  I don't understand that part.  He obviously has the body to compete in the IFBB. 

Does the IFBB have shows where he lives so he can compete.  If not, why not.  And if not does that mean he has to pay thousands of dollars to travel and compete in an IFBB and make barely enough to cover his expenses.  Shouldn't the IFBB start putting on shows outside the US more so more people like Sammy can compete. 

Is there a show in Sami's area that is a qualifier.

gymguy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2008, 09:15:33 AM »
as long as he keeps winning, he will compete everywhere he wants.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2008, 09:25:56 AM »
Here is what I don't understand.  Has Sami ever competed in the IFBB.  If so then ignore the rest of this.  But if not, why can't he compete in any show he wants for any organization he wants.  What is he supposed to do not compete at all while waiting to see if he can compete in the IFBB.  I don't understand that part.  He obviously has the body to compete in the IFBB. 

Does the IFBB have shows where he lives so he can compete.  If not, why not.  And if not does that mean he has to pay thousands of dollars to travel and compete in an IFBB and make barely enough to cover his expenses.  Shouldn't the IFBB start putting on shows outside the US more so more people like Sammy can compete. 

Is there a show in Sami's area that is a qualifier.

1. No, he has never been a IFBB pro

2. He can compete wherever he wishes, but, much like Priest...if your wish is to be in the IFBB, then it's probably not in your best interest while campaigning to be let in and recognised by the IFBB.

3. To answer the question of traveling, etc....he doesn't HAVE to do anything...it's all about choice. We have shows outside the US....

4. When you get into the IFBB Europe/ Asia and affiliates...it's conveluted at best. Unlike here in the USA...there are pretty clear guidelines as to how you win your card. Over there...you have to have the president of your countrys federation chapter basically reccomend you to the Pro League...

As for competing in other non-IFBB shows in the meantime....sure, he can do it...but it's like trying to date one girl in particular, but continuing to see others at the same time...where it might be a better course of action to show dilligence and a clear direction of what your intentions are.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2008, 10:25:46 AM »
As for competing in other non-IFBB shows in the meantime....sure, he can do it...but it's like trying to date one girl in particular, but continuing to see others at the same time...where it might be a better course of action to show dilligence and a clear direction of what your intentions are.

yes, having all those people competing in European basketball league or Caribbean Winter League Baseball is insulting to the NBA and MLB, and they should just forget about competing here.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2008, 11:05:40 AM »
yes, having all those people competing in European basketball league or Caribbean Winter League Baseball is insulting to the NBA and MLB, and they should just forget about competing here.

This aint Baseball or basketball....hope this helps.

The IFBB is under no obligation to make him part of the club...

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2008, 11:10:58 AM »

SNAP!! ;D

This aint Baseball or basketball....hope this helps.

The IFBB is under no obligation to make him part of the club...

that's true, baseball and basketball are sports :D
tank u jesus

Sami The Black-smith

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • You dont have to be the BIGGEST to be the BEST!
« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2008, 11:52:51 AM »

Excuse me?

First off, you're not an IFBB pro, and therefore not under my umbrella of representation.

Secondly, I did talk with Manion about your situation as a courtesy...

Third, your situation has everything to do with Raphael Santoja, as you are not under the pro division, nor my jurisdiction.

As for doing "nothing" for the athletes...I'll let my record (and the facts) speak.

THat said...just what do you believe I SHOULD have done for you?

If you believe talking trash about me will help your cause, then by all means continue.

Lets hear about more of what I do, and what I'm told in a federation you don't compete in and are not a part of....

WOW.............. finally i WON ur ATTENTION  BOB CHICK ;D ;D ;D  so do i have to say some thing BAD so u can give me some of ur time?!
WELL... u know i got nothing personal with u and i never said any thing bad about u, i just asked for a FAVOR befor to look in my case... and asking for a FAVOR not to be a PRO and i am NOT a PRO which i know and i know u got nothing to do with me BUT dont u think that i DESERVE a chance or little help to solve my case ??? ???

ALL what i wanted is to win ur attention and posting that post about u got u into this thread..... not bad at all ;)
~ The Black Smith ~

turnerg31

• Getbig III
  • Take that Bitches!
« Reply #134 on: November 14, 2008, 12:00:34 PM »
Well, here we go again. You know, I told myself that I wouldn't send another post on this ridiculous thread, where all that's getting accomplished is some of us are opening our mouths and letting the others know just how immature we really are. This seems really simple to me but maybe I'm missing something.  The last time I checked the IFBB was a business.  Okay, technically it's a Federation of Athletes but we all know the IFBB wouldn't be around very long if it wasn't making money.  That being said, why in the world would an organization touted (and rightfully so) as having the best bodybuilders in the world, not want to recruit the best athletes from around the world to compete within their ranks. I may be the only one out there but don't you think adding world class physiques like Sami's would only add to the popularity and success of the organization.  In my humble opinion, the bodybuilding powers that be seem to be moving towards awarding bodybuilders that posses the more aesthetic and well conditioned physiques.  The problem with the IFBB in the past was that bodybuilders represent a very small percentage of the public and as such our sport has struggled to win over the general public.  This has resulted in a stagnation of our sport. Now that the tables seem to be turning and bodybuilders such as Dexter Jackson are finally getting the rewards they deserve I think it may be a turning point for our sport.  That being said, physiques like Sami's would only serve to increase the popularity of our sport, bringing it more into the mainstream.  You haters out there (for lack of a better word) have to admit, wouldn't you love to see what Sami could do on stage with the best our sport has to offer.  Win or loose I bet you would be the first ones to log on to the net or buy you favorite  magazine to see what happened and compare and contrast physiques. (since we know most of us are professional armchair judges)  To me this is a no brainer.  Obviously there are rules and regulations that all organizations have to follow. I would think that individuals who have any responsability for the success of the IFBB would be doing all they can to recruit athletes like Sami.  Should he comply with whatever rules and regulations they set forth then I think it would be in the best interest of the IFBB as well as bodybuilding in general (that would include all of us) for the IFBB to implement a program or a set of guidelines for just such situations.  

Now, as far as the not competing in other professional organizations so you can wait on the IFBB, let me just say if you are a competitive bodybuilder then it's in your blood.  Sitting on your ass waiting is not an option.  Enough said. This one doesn't deserve to be discussed on this forum at all.  

Sami, keep up the good work. Do what you do and let your physique speak for itself.  Believe me, even Stevie Wonder can see your potential.  I'm praying that you will get your chance to "do what you do".  Enough said.

Pat

Stavios

« Reply #135 on: November 14, 2008, 12:04:50 PM »
WOW.............. finally i WON ur ATTENTION  BOB CHICK ;D ;D ;D  so do i have to say some thing BAD so u can give me some of ur time?!
WELL... u know i got nothing personal with u and i never said any thing bad about u, i just asked for a FAVOR befor to look in my case... and asking for a FAVOR not to be a PRO and i am NOT a PRO which i know and i know u got nothing to do with me BUT dont u think that i DESERVE a chance or little help to solve my case ??? ???

ALL what i wanted is to win ur attention and posting that post about u got u into this thread..... not bad at all ;)

I don't see what you don't understand Sami.
it's none of Bob's business !!!

he just told you that you have to speak to Raphael Santoja about that

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #136 on: November 14, 2008, 12:24:32 PM »
Okay, technically it's a Federation of Athletes but we all know the IFBB wouldn't be around very long if it wasn't making money.

technically it is a privately held company

he just told you that you have to speak to Raphael Santoja about that

The amateur IFBB is a separate company from the pro IFBB.  Santoja has no say about the goings on in the pro IFBB.    The only person that is preventing Sami from competing as a pro in the pro IFBB is Manion.

rk272727

• Getbig IV
« Reply #137 on: November 14, 2008, 12:45:19 PM »
its good Sami cant read the mother fuckin english to answer my stone simple question
he dont talk to idiots like you
b

turnerg31

• Getbig III
  • Take that Bitches!
« Reply #138 on: November 14, 2008, 02:57:37 PM »
technically it is a privately held company

The amateur IFBB is a separate company from the pro IFBB.  Santoja has no say about the goings on in the pro IFBB.    The only person that is preventing Sami from competing as a pro in the pro IFBB is Manion.

Thanks for the correction. That just solidifies my point even more .  A privately owned company is definitely focused on the bottom line.  It only makes good business sense to promote and recruit fresh new talent that can help to improve the marketability of the sport.  Not only to the muscleheads but to the general public.  That's what Sami can bring to the game. I'm not taking anything away from the mass monsters. They're incredible, but I don't think they are who will take the sport to the next level.  Obviously this is just IMHO. 

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: November 14, 2008, 03:13:11 PM »

If your goal was to gain my support and help by talking trash, it was probably not the best choice of action.

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #140 on: November 14, 2008, 03:26:36 PM »
Bob let swampi the cocksmith in the IFBB, the more competitors the better, more people/schmoes will buy tickets to contests
Thunderdome approved

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #141 on: November 14, 2008, 03:37:49 PM »
LOL!
tank u jesus

turnerg31

• Getbig III
  • Take that Bitches!
« Reply #142 on: November 14, 2008, 03:42:44 PM »
LOL!

Bobby, please don't humor the Clowns.  Maybe if we ignore them they will go away.

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #143 on: November 14, 2008, 03:44:06 PM »
yeah we can all hope that clowns like Chick go away
Thunderdome approved

gymguy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #144 on: November 14, 2008, 03:48:09 PM »
Chick is NOT the be-all end-all.  Don't put him on such a high pedistal..He does what's right for him...Doubt he really cares too much about anyone else.  Sami, your physique speaks for itself.  You ARE a PRO!

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #145 on: November 14, 2008, 03:58:31 PM »
Chick is NOT the be-all end-all.  Don't put him on such a high pedistal..He does what's right for him...Doubt he really cares too much about anyone else.  Sami, your physique speaks for itself.  You ARE a PRO!

"Pro" what?

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #146 on: November 14, 2008, 04:02:24 PM »
Pro G4P'er
Thunderdome approved

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #147 on: November 15, 2008, 04:23:53 AM »
Bobby, please don't humor the Clowns.  Maybe if we ignore them they will go away.

it's a funny gimmick though ;D
tank u jesus

gymguy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #148 on: November 15, 2008, 08:04:03 AM »

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #149 on: November 15, 2008, 08:16:01 AM »
Sami,
    You look awesome!!!  You have a great deal to be proud of as your determination and discipline are most obvious.  Very few people in the world can look like that, pro or not, IFBB or any other federation.  I doubt very much the trophy and the $8K are the predominant factors motivating you to achieve such an exceptional physique. 
    All of us who have ever picked up a weight or eaten a dry chicken cutlet have a deep appreciation and admiration for what you were able to achieve.
    Best of luck to you in the future.
Harley