Author Topic: In need of a training program  (Read 878 times)

Jae

• Getbig I
In need of a training program
« on: November 10, 2008, 05:27:04 PM »
Hello all I am new to this site but have been lifting pretty heavy (for me) all summer. I am still overweight cause I wasn't trying to lose and fat, and Oh yeah I love to eat! I am currently 5' 9 215 and have been pressing 235. I recently had some surgery that laid me up for a while but now I'm ready to dive back in. My girlfriend and I are wanting to start a fat loss/cutting/toning program and I don't know where to start other than diet. Anyone who could point me in the direction of a program or would be willing to help out would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!! Thanks

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: In need of a training program
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 03:26:11 AM »
how about adding brisk walks for an hour? that will cut calories
Z

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 05:44:18 AM »
how about adding brisk walks for an hour? that will cut calories

No...
Dieting will cut calories.
Walking will burn them.
 ;D

But Blutes is right.
Walking at a good clip for about 60 min. will help burn some fat while sparing muscle.

And to the thread's originator - yes, most of us do love to eat.
But you really should clean up your eating habits if you're planning to optimize fat reduction.

See the nutrition board.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 08:26:35 AM »
Might want to cut the carbs to 100 grams a day and see the fat lost reaction. If not any noticeable or slow results that have the carbs between 40 to 60 grams a day. This all will allow you to eat quite well and never be truly hungry. Doing endless cardio to lose fat is never the whole answer. You may also lose muscle mass in the long run.

Check out any form of circuit training. Or even the PHA system, for a fast paced workout more geared for increasing muscle mass and reducing body fat. This is a different slant on training, but can be very affective, over the standard way of working out. Good that you are training together with your GF. Each can nag each other (in a good way) for better workouts and eating plans. And sticking to it.Good Luck.
F