Author Topic: what do you think about doing cardio on an empty stomach?  (Read 974 times)

madmax

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
what do you think about doing cardio on an empty stomach?
« on: November 10, 2008, 06:11:16 PM »
people say my body will turn to fat for energy but some say it will turn to muscle for energy and hurt any gains ive made

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
Re: what do you think about doing cardio on an empty stomach?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 06:12:47 PM »
people say my body will turn to fat for energy but some say it will turn to muscle for energy and hurt any gains ive made

after 1 month since i injured my shoulder, im returning tomorrow and cardio on an empty stomach is exactly what im going to do :)

ps: and im adding 100mg of ephedrine to go the hardcore way

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 06:38:01 PM »

There’s no clinical data to support that “cardio on empty” is superior, but there is lots of anecdotal evidence.

Plenty of trainers – pro and amateur swear by this method.
I’ve personally gotten fantastic results doing it – better than any other protocol.

You’re going to burn some muscle – even if only a nominal amount.

Some points to remember:
1.) Don’t go too fast and/or too hard. There’s a formula to figure out your target heart rate that you want to maintain for 45-60 min., but I never make it that precise. If you understand about where you need to be, some estimation is okay here.
2.) Adjust your diet.
3.) Maybe take some BCAA’s with a little caffeine pre-cardio.

Do things smart and you can spare a lot of your muscle tissue.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 07:16:06 PM »
One of those anecdotes that never seems answered. In some respects there's no viable explanation as to why it would make a difference, yet there are some explanations about the order of burning fat stores first in doing it. The appeal could just be psychological, and there are considerable downsides to doing this without food. I'd have to go with someone with collective experiences training others on this, or someone who has taken the time to try with or without food over a period of time.

AVBG

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 07:17:42 PM »
I think it's good advice, I did my prep that way- and it worked perfectly, as long as the intensity is not high..the thing to keep in mind is that duration is far more important than intensity of the cardio  ;)

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 08:01:38 PM »

Don't.