Author Topic: Annoying people in the gym...  (Read 38566 times)

John O

• Getbig III
Re: Annoying people in the gym...
« Reply #150 on: April 14, 2006, 01:14:58 PM »
All these reasons are why I lift at home. Took me a few years, but now have a squat cage, Smith machine
flat /incline bench,  combo lat pulldown, tricep machine. hex dummbells free weights &  Motorized treadmill. Built a little tv stand above it with a tv/vcr, Watch music videos  LOL.

MY Sweat on the machines. My music on. My free time. Only down side, no hot girls to see... 'cept in the music videos I taped.
Masters- 50-54
148#

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #151 on: April 14, 2006, 01:31:54 PM »
The douche who interupts concentration in the middle of a heavy set to ask me how many more sets. Fortunately I'm too busy to strangle him. ::)

Selfish nerd pumping 13" bis with a 5-minute giant set using 20 lb., never getting anywhere near failure-and the point of these sets is...?? Standing beside him he ignores the hint, so you finally ask him: with no hint of embarassment he unhurredly mentions he'll be "two more sets". >:(

The nude guy lurking an hour in the showers & sauna, always ensuring that the schlong just happens to be in full view. "Thanx" :-X

Someone who looks like they have cancer asking for general training advice: "but I don't want to get too big". ::)

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #152 on: April 14, 2006, 01:40:37 PM »
"the talker" - I'm dealing with this right now. It's a guy or girl that does nothing but run their mouth nonstop at the gym. It wouldn't really bother me so much if they were talking to someone else, but while I am trying to do reps this dude is standing next to me yakking away. They have no comprehension of the fact that those of us who take workouts seriously need to concentrate.
tiny-tit bounty hunter

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #153 on: April 14, 2006, 01:46:23 PM »
the 140 lb. geek who does supersets of side bends, 30 lb. fixed bar curls and hanging leg raises and watches you pull deadlifts off the floor and do heavy rows and then says to you when you're breathing like a steam engine, "tiring huh?"
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #154 on: April 14, 2006, 01:47:53 PM »
the dude in my gym who uses all the 20kg plates for leg press leaving none for me today forcing me to use 20lb plates for rows today lol.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: April 14, 2006, 01:57:11 PM »
the dude in my gym who uses all the 20kg plates for leg press leaving none for me today forcing me to use 20lb plates for rows today lol.
hahahaha i know that guy, Captain eigth rep.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

White Bread

• Getbig I
« Reply #156 on: April 14, 2006, 01:57:59 PM »
I go to the gym at like 530 in the a.m, so its generally pretty quiet. EXCEPT for this one goonie guy that lets out a huge “HUP...HUP...HAA!’” loud as hell with each rep. Even rope pushdowns with like 50 pounds on it. Then when he is done he looks in the mirror and poses. Then there is this other typical ass that throws the dumbells across the room when he does his last rep of incline presses. I tell you, if he ever hits me in the foot with one of them, you will be reading about it in the papers cause I will open a can of whoop ass.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #157 on: April 14, 2006, 01:59:22 PM »
this one goonie guy that lets out a huge “HUP...HUP...HAA!’” loud as hell with each rep.
A Bob Chick trainee-the lighter the weight the louder the grunts.

White Bread

• Getbig I
« Reply #158 on: April 14, 2006, 02:20:08 PM »
1. chicks that wear half shirts that have big red arrows coming from all directions pointing to that oh so original ink stain they call a tattoo on the small of their back. so impressive. I got nothing against ink, but come on.

2. the group of 5 guys training (I use that term loosely) on the same piece of equipment and jabbering away as they swap stories about the chick they did one time.....like at band camp.

3. Dick on the counter of the sink while shaving? That calls for an accidental dumbell drop.

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #159 on: April 14, 2006, 02:25:31 PM »

3. Dick on the counter of the sink while shaving? That calls for an accidental dumbell drop.

WTF?!! You work out at Bally's or something? Seriously,I've never seen that kind of shit before.
tiny-tit bounty hunter

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: April 14, 2006, 04:53:41 PM »
WTF?!! You work out at Bally's or something? Seriously,I've never seen that kind of shit before.
try taking a blowdryer to your nuts, i've seen that one before a few times.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #161 on: April 14, 2006, 05:11:48 PM »
ILS!
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

gymrat1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #162 on: April 23, 2006, 01:47:51 PM »
There are people who get in the pool/whirlpool, and don't take a shower first.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #163 on: April 23, 2006, 01:57:02 PM »
I respect other people's lifting styles and quirks. I don't care how strong or weak you are too but please stop freeballin in the locker rooms, it's not hard to put a towel around your waist.

gymrat1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #164 on: May 17, 2006, 04:56:21 PM »
There are still a few more:

1. Ones who cut the sleeves & sides out of T-shirts.
2. Ones who use objectionable grammar.

flutterby me

• Getbig II
« Reply #165 on: May 17, 2006, 05:18:50 PM »
"personal trainers"=glorified title
and
old guys not acting their age eg: baseball cap on sideways! come on we know your going bald!!!!
i'll spread my wings

jpeso

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #166 on: May 17, 2006, 06:43:06 PM »
That skinny fat homo at my gym who ALWAYS walks around with his shoulders turned out.....like we don't realize you doing that >:(

Coincidentally, this douche only works biceps, abs and chest...and in that order

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #167 on: May 17, 2006, 07:08:54 PM »
This is a great thread...

here is my most recent update..

1. Nuclear stand-off:

when you do an exercise that has the same piece beside you and get a guy who wants to do more than whaterver you are doing... this of course is an act of war and usually ends up with me doing the entire stack and them slinking off to do a core exercise...

2. cardio vultures:

these people dont do cardio for any benefit, but to people watch...sometimes i think they are looking for road kill....funny thing is the way they perch/lean on the machine they look like a big ugly bird peering here and there sizing up something or somebody as a potential  morsel to eat

3. male locker room review:

people have mentioned this but it needs reinforcement: you old fucking bastards and homos: stop fucking lollygagging, nuts-a-swinging in my face as I drink my protein and creating post workout....take your cheap ass home and shower...do everyone a favor: nobody wants to see your wrinkled ass that looks like a huge fucking walnut parading around the locker room

4. Yap patrol:

this gym enthusiast is quite the "people" person and takes great joy is conversing with the entire fucking gym...I wonder...how can one get in a "workout" and still have time to say "wazz up"? to 150 people every evening.... believe when I say this oh king of conversation: nobody fucking cares what you did last night, where you went or what you watched on teh boob toob....end of discusion 

I am done

gymrat1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #168 on: May 29, 2006, 04:24:02 PM »
There are people who wear shoes on the pool deck.

sugarbear

• Getbig II
« Reply #169 on: May 29, 2006, 05:24:58 PM »
Any of you guys have annoying people in the gym???

There's this guy in my gym... everytime he finishes a set, he does a karate stance and starts doing some moves... he probably wants everyone to know that he knows karate  ::)... one time i saw him try to kick the smith machine... really annoying!

i know a fag like that i ended up wrapping him up like a present had him pinned up against the lockers cuz he tried to do that shit to me. anyways i think he does that shit to impress these skanky asian bitches he likes.

also we got this guy always checking himself out it reminded me of uncle rico of napolean dynamite "remember the seen where he's checking out his arms". and i told him so haven't seen him in the gym since then cuz i started calling him uncle rico in front of a group of people and he got laughed out of there.

body88

« Reply #170 on: May 29, 2006, 05:29:08 PM »
HOW MUCH YOU WANNA BET I CAN THROW THIS FOOTBALL OVER THEM THERE MOUNTAINSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Getbig III
« Reply #171 on: May 29, 2006, 05:49:19 PM »
HOW MUCH YOU WANNA BET I CAN THROW THIS FOOTBALL OVER THEM THERE MOUNTAINSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?

That's what makes the line hilarious.  ;D
Ron Paul 2012

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: May 29, 2006, 07:26:23 PM »

"back in 82 i could throw the pigskin a quarter mile"
Jaejonna rows 125!!

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #173 on: May 29, 2006, 07:29:56 PM »
"personal trainers"=glorified title
and
old guys not acting their age eg: baseball cap on sideways! come on we know your going bald!!!!

Chad Nicholls and Tom Prince workout in your gym?
HAHA, RON.....

body88

« Reply #174 on: May 29, 2006, 07:54:33 PM »

LOL