Author Topic: Annoying people in the gym...  (Read 38584 times)

Jaded

• Getbig II
Annoying people in the gym...
« on: February 23, 2005, 08:40:14 PM »
Any of you guys have annoying people in the gym???

There's this guy in my gym... everytime he finishes a set, he does a karate stance and starts doing some moves... he probably wants everyone to know that he knows karate  ::)... one time i saw him try to kick the smith machine... really annoying!

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
follow the arrows

240 or bust

Re: Annoying people in the gym...
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 09:24:03 PM »

There's this guy in my gym... everytime he finishes a set, he does a karate stance and starts doing some moves... he probably wants everyone to know that he knows karate  ::)... one time i saw him try to kick the smith machine... really annoying!

i was drunk at my band's show this past weekend... and I did a few roundhouse kicks to my drummer's crash cymbals. He whined like a baby.

Mark1

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 12:31:51 AM »
well we've got some skinny guy that spas with his girlfriend in our gym.  ::)

pushinweightwi

• Getbig III
  • One man's trash, is another man's treasure.BSpears
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 03:28:08 AM »
I find that alot of people at the gym annoy me.  I live in an area that is upper middle class and man o man do people think there s**t don't stink around here.  So you got the people who's noses are so high in the air they are walking into lat pull down bars(I might be exaggerating, but you get the point).  I also find that in general people annoy me at the gym.  I think this has to do more with me being in a very serious mood and all business when I am there.  Its like I am driving at nascar speeds through the worlds worst traffic jam.  And then you have the people that are just plain ridiculous.  There is this one lady who does about 20-30 sets of abs using giant sets occupying all sorts of benches in the process.  The best move she does is she grabs a DB in her right hand and a low cable in the left and does side bends.  Anyone with half a brain can tell you that the two weights COUNTER BALANCE each other!  All in all though I do have some good people there too and everyone stays out of my way so its not all bad.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2005, 07:28:50 AM »
I think the people who do the karate moves out in public are just idiots.

I feel the same way about shadow boxers in non-boxing gyms.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2005, 10:13:56 AM »

Was that World's in Seekonk Mass?  If not I guess every gym has their own Bruce Lee.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Xecutioner

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2005, 12:21:27 PM »
I used to box and never would I EVER shadow box between sets in a non-boxing gym. I have a guy like that at the gym I'm going to right now and he drives me mad. He obviously wants everyone to know he boxes but why is what eludes me. (I'm sure we can all come up with more than a few possible reasons)

240 or bust

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2005, 12:54:49 PM »
I don't know which is worse... the dumb ass freshman that does pullups off the BAR in the smith rack at the university... or the dumb ass freshman gym employees that hang out with him as he does the pullups.

It just can't be good for the rack.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2005, 01:02:18 PM »
D*ckhead that do curls in the squat rack.

C*nts that wear low-cut tops, thongs then do one arm rows or deadlifts and then act all p*ssed when ten tongues hit the floor.

Idiot trainers with their "core training" b.s.
and keep moving!

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2005, 01:36:02 PM »
PTs who prey on naive newbies (most often women).

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2005, 01:49:13 PM »
I don't know which is worse... the dumb ass freshman that does pullups off the BAR in the smith rack at the university... or the dumb ass freshman gym employees that hang out with him as he does the pullups.

It just can't be good for the rack.

its definitely the employees.  while they don't break equipment, they get in the way and cause more annoyance.
:-)

Icarus

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2005, 02:20:00 PM »
Idiot trainers with their "core training" b.s.

*Sigh* Sad but true, as a PT myself it's hard to avoid this crap, I think it's more of a sales tactic then anything else.  However it does work to a degree, I use it for ONE of my clients she has scoliosis and she has a herniated disk and is only 17. Other then that its a pile of crap and a way to get more sessions. I have 4 clients that have come to me from other trainers because I produce results they can see i.e. lose weight fast, fit into a bikini, etc. and yes I do use "core strength techniques" and I don't have any of my clients on one foot, or preping to join the circus.  It works but it's not meant for anyone who is not fresh out of rehab.
Squats and Deadlifts make the world go round.

oc4l17

• Getbig II
  • Squat till painless just feels wierd.
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2005, 02:20:21 PM »
C*nts that wear low-cut tops, thongs then do one arm rows or deadlifts and then act all p*ssed when ten tongues hit the floor.
I love those   ;D
TEAM.....umm????

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2005, 06:40:03 PM »

fat chicks wearing spandex in a size 1.... you would think they would have checked their fat ass spilling out of their shorts like a tsunami wave..

then they come to the gym and rape my eyes... it takes me like eyeing 20 hot babes to get my vision 100% correct again...

>:(

~geo~

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2005, 06:50:33 PM »
I hate people who hump my leg in the shower

really annoying !

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2005, 07:02:36 PM »
Circuit dude- Annoys me very much. Circuit trains using the entire fucking gym. Anyways, you won't see the fucker for a half hour, but as soon as you use ANYTHING, he comes and claims it.

The Shaver- This dude shaves every fucking hair off his body. EVERY SINGLE ONE! Always leaves a fucking mess.

The screamer- this guy sounds like a tugboat. You always know when he is training...
HAHA, RON.....

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2005, 08:14:23 PM »
I'm annoyed at the quantity of people in the gym who focus more on what other people are doing to annoy them than they are on their workouts.  I know some people make such a scene with thier stupidity in the gym that you just can't miss it or the offender is blocking your workout, but there are far too many people who seem like they came to the gym more to be annoyed by everyone.  I'm starting to think everybody in the gym is annoying to someone else.  It probably happens all the time.  X lifter is thinking, look at that jackass while another lifter is thinking what the hell is X lifter doing.  Knowing I'm going to go to the gym with no chance that these things are not going to occur, I just put my headphones on and do my best to tune out what everyone is doing.  It doesn't always work but most of the time my workouts are much better working around the stupidity rather than dwelling on it.  I've seen some people really flip in the gym over the stupidity, which is pretty annoying to everyone I'm sure.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2005, 12:10:25 AM »
I'm annoyed at the quantity of people in the gym who focus more on what other people are doing to annoy them than they are on their workouts.  I know some people make such a scene with thier stupidity in the gym that you just can't miss it or the offender is blocking your workout, but there are far too many people who seem like they came to the gym more to be annoyed by everyone.  I'm starting to think everybody in the gym is annoying to someone else.  It probably happens all the time.  X lifter is thinking, look at that jackass while another lifter is thinking what the hell is X lifter doing.  Knowing I'm going to go to the gym with no chance that these things are not going to occur, I just put my headphones on and do my best to tune out what everyone is doing.  It doesn't always work but most of the time my workouts are much better working around the stupidity rather than dwelling on it.  I've seen some people really flip in the gym over the stupidity, which is pretty annoying to everyone I'm sure.
Excellent point............
HAHA, RON.....

FecesInUrFace

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2005, 12:25:30 AM »
lets be real on this point; most of the a gym members are insecure persons who find an occasion to show off, even if they look like shit.This massive concentration of insecure persons in a small area can only result in a pitiful contest of "look at me im incredible" stupid posers.

The only thing i dont get is why i ve always been discreet, respectful and humble since the begining, and why there are always these newbies, with bony arms and wearing tank top,showing off their unbearable physique bitching around like if they were ahnold.

This lack of discretion and this total act of stupidity,that seems so comon,will never cease to amaze me. But i have to agree, most of these persons only show off for a week or less, and then, we never see em again, thanks god.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2005, 07:27:57 AM »
Why feces, who would have ever thought this is the way you conduct yourself in the gym.  I sure wouldn't have been able to tell by your online presence.  What do you call this other personality of yours?  ;D

240 or bust

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2005, 07:34:59 AM »
there are always these newbies, with bony arms and wearing tank top,showing off their unbearable physique b***hing around like if they were ahnold.

for some reason, after they train, they come out of the locker room and walk very slowly around the gym, on the way out, with no shirt on.

two 120 lb, 17 year olds... upper body completely tensed... carrying on a conversation while keeping their eyes fixed on the wall mirrors. Ppl don't even try to hide the laughter as they pass.

FecesInUrFace

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2005, 07:37:51 AM »
Why feces, who would have ever thought this is the way you conduct yourself in the gym.  I sure wouldn't have been able to tell by your online presence.  What do you call this other personality of yours?  ;D

shammy95

• Getbig II
  • I'm here to pump...YOU UP!
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2005, 07:40:15 AM »

This lack of discretion and this total act of stupidity,that seems so comon,will never cease to amaze me. But i have to agree, most of these persons only show off for a week or less, and then, we never see em again, thanks god.

I wonder why they never come back? Maybe it's because of douchebags like you who are so worried about what everyone else is doing.

Berserker makes an excellent point, put your head down and go to work. Quit bitching so much.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2005, 07:43:01 AM »
I try to be pretty focused, but here's a short list:

Stinky people. There's a huge difference between BO and sweat.

"I'll spot you" guy. Why does the skinniest guy offer to spot when you're squatting heavy? Like he could help anyways.

"I need a spot" guy. Normally he benches around 135 with a lot of effort and bad technique, but today 315 looks really doable. So he needs two lifts, one to get it up and another to get it off his chest.

People who talk too much.

Cell phones (except Jade, LOL!).

Guys that feel it's necessary to stare at your pecker in the locker room.