Author Topic: NPC's new bikini division  (Read 15886 times)

hifrommike

• Getbig III
NPC's new bikini division
« on: November 12, 2008, 11:33:12 PM »
CONFIRMED: NPC to add Bikini Division in 2009

Isaac Hinds | News, Hardbody Exclusive, Breaking News, Industry News, misc | Monday, 10 November 2008

There’s been talk for months about a possible bikini division being added to the NPC and IFBB. I have confirmed that there will be a bikini division in the NPC next year. There will not be a bikini division in the IFBB, at least not yet. When the word “bikini contest” is mentioned many people think Hooters or your local bar holding a contest. This is not what this division will be like. This is not a division for women to think they don’t have to diet or train. The women will still need to show muscularity but not at the level of a fitness or figure competitor. It will take more than a fake breasts and a wink to win the bikini contest in the NPC. A complaint often mentioned with female competitors is that they don’t have the genetics or ability to get as muscular as the top figure and fitness competitors. This division is intended to cater to those types of women as well as others who simply like to work out and enjoy competing. Those of you wondering what type of physiques will be rewarded I am told to look at the FLEX bikini model search that was held at the Olympia. The women who won this contest were in shape, had muscle but not as much as a figure competitor.

The bikini division will begin in 2009 and any NPC promoter wishing to add it to their contest may do so. The first national level version of the bikini division will most likely be the 2009 NPC Jr. USA contest in Charleston, SC. What will be required to qualify, when and how will be explained next week at the NPC Nationals meeting by NPC President Jim Manion. Stay tuned for more information next week during the NPC Nationals."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: NPC's new bikini division
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 11:35:25 PM »
Excellent.  Return some integrity to this sport!

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 11:46:36 PM »
ANOTHER women's division?  If they don't have enough to even do figure, maybe a few years  of heavy, hard training? A lot of guys don't have enough muscle to compete yet, so they have to keep training. Don't get me wrong I LOVE to see good figures in bikinis, but this is supposed to  be bodybuilding, not sports illustrated swimsuit edition.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 11:54:58 PM »
What is the difference between the current bikini divisions (fitness, figure) and this one? Let's see, girls wearing tiny bathing suits (but still MUCH MORE than the FUCKING MEN WEAR)? Check. Awful tit jobs? Check. Strippers looking for attention? Check. The only possible difference I can think of is this; less use of anabolics and cutting agents.
HAHA, RON.....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 11:57:12 PM »
She's All Anavar. 

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 12:01:29 AM »
BTW, I didn't get this Muscle Phone update.  >:( What's with that?
HAHA, RON.....

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 03:31:09 AM »
What is the difference between the current bikini divisions (fitness, figure) and this one? Let's see, girls wearing tiny bathing suits (but still MUCH MORE than the FUCKING MEN WEAR)? Check. Awful tit jobs? Check. Strippers looking for attention? Check. The only possible difference I can think of is this; less use of anabolics and cutting agents.
They will have to wear thongs.
Consider it the Getbig rule.
As empty as paradise

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 06:12:11 AM »

>:( >:(
I must meltdown yet again; Fitness isn't a bikini division - thats the one where they do all the backflips, one arm pushups, splits etc. True athleticism is displayed. Eg: my avatar

The rest you say holds kinda true imo. Bikini is just a way to lower the entry barrier even more then they did with figure, and most important bump up entry fees and ticket sales.

At least there is no where else to go now - they brought out figure for girls who didn't want to train and do a fitness routine, now bikini for girls who don't want to even train for a very in-shape physique...unless they bring out the coach potato division there is nowhere left to go.

Stu

• Getbig IV
  • Faggotry˛
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 06:14:14 AM »
Here comes the hot favorite now....

spinnis

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 06:37:05 AM »
I love the fitness comp, where girls that doesnt even diet enter, I have female friends that are in better shape Without dieting then 90% of the lineup.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 07:25:31 AM »
Excellent.  Return some integrity to this sport!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 07:29:46 AM »
ANOTHER women's division?  If they don't have enough to even do figure, maybe a few years  of heavy, hard training? A lot of guys don't have enough muscle to compete yet, so they have to keep training. Don't get me wrong I LOVE to see good figures in bikinis, but this is supposed to  be bodybuilding, not sports illustrated swimsuit edition.

I have to agree with you...sometime local "pre-judgings" can go on for hours and hours because of all the catagories they have for women.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 07:45:28 AM »
>:( >:(At least there is no where else to go now - they brought out figure for girls who didn't want to train and do a fitness routine, now bikini for girls who don't want to even train for a very in-shape physique...unless they bring out the coach potato division there is nowhere left to go.
Pole dancing? Or is that too athletic?  :D

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2008, 07:59:18 AM »
Pole dancing? Or is that too athletic?  :D

HA! HA! HA! Too funny...last time hubby, his friend and myself went to what THEY called a "pajama bar" one of the gals did a flip on the pole and hit the ceiling with her big ass clunky pumps...it made a huge noise and she started laughing and slid down...it was hilarious ;D

Colby

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2008, 08:04:31 AM »
I competed in a show in August that had over 50 figure competitors.  I too, love to see women in bikinis but as a bodybuilder I don't think it good idea for the competitors.  It took forever for them to get through it.  Imagine if this bikini class has a suit change.  It would turn into an all night affair. We have to stay dehydrated long enough as it is.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 08:08:13 AM »
fact in this matter is that who ever wins ( ::)) this contest will never have a hotter ass than any other 18-19 year old blonde Co-Ed from ASU/ any of the USC schools

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2008, 08:28:01 AM »
I competed in a show in August that had over 50 figure competitors.  I too, love to see women in bikinis but as a bodybuilder I don't think it good idea for the competitors.  It took forever for them to get through it.  Imagine if this bikini class has a suit change.  It would turn into an all night affair. We have to stay dehydrated long enough as it is.

There is no suit change, and the Figure will have one less....same timeframe.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2008, 08:38:51 AM »
They have to keep adding new divisions because the women keep getting bigger.  Womens bbers turned into mens bbers.  Fitness chicks look like female bbers.  Figure girls look like fitness girls now.  Craziness.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2008, 08:40:28 AM »
pics!  we need pics!!!!!

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 09:07:23 AM »
They have to keep adding new divisions because the women keep getting bigger.  Womens bbers turned into mens bbers.  Fitness chicks look like female bbers.  Figure girls look like fitness girls now.  Craziness.

Agreed, female pro bodybuilding should be banned altogether, they should stick them together with the trannies that plague after hours clubs. Yeeesh

Sexual Mustard

• Getbig III
  • DC Comics Pro and TEAM MUSCLECENTER
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2008, 10:18:12 AM »
this is as pointless as having a 1-piece round in the fitness/figure division.  What's next? Different classes for females who have worked out under 1 year, between 2-3 years, etc??

::)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2008, 10:40:27 AM »

All details will come out when the NPC reps meets in Atlanta for the NPC Nationals and annual meeting. 

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2008, 11:39:44 AM »
than any other 18-19 year old blonde Co-Ed from ASU/ any of the USC schools

pet peeve here:  there are only two USC schools:  University of South Carolina, and my alma mater, University of Southern California.   Perhaps you just mean UC:  Berkeley, Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, San Diego, Santa Cruz, San Francisco, Riverside, Davis, Irvine, Merced;  or just the UC schools in southern California

a problem with NPC shows is that they often have twice as many female as male contestants.   this will only make that worse.   while in Europe and Latin America they've had bikini divisions for quite a while, they also have male fitness (with a floor routine like female) and also male model.   if the NPC doesn't want to go that route, they should at least add classic bodybuilding, with height classes and height to weight ratio limitations.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2008, 11:58:01 AM »

io856

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2008, 12:02:55 PM »
Agreed, female pro bodybuilding should be banned altogether, they should stick them together with the trannies that plague after hours clubs. Yeeesh

Why should it be banned?
...because we don't find them sexually attractive?

heh... bad reason