Author Topic: Question for people with kids  (Read 3251 times)

Hereford

• Getbig V
Question for people with kids
« on: November 13, 2008, 09:37:47 AM »
Are kids really worth it? Are they worth the sacrafices and cost?

You seem to hear a 50/50 split on them being 'better than life itself' and really major downers.

Thoughts?

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
Re: Question for people with kids
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 09:42:45 AM »

You seem to hear a 50/50 split on them being 'better than life itself' and really major downers.

Thoughts?

I  have 2 boys 8 and 5 greatest thing in the world and the hardest at times. To see a child grow and learn from you is great.A nd before i start sprouting flowers out of my ass ill stop there ;D
p

The Coach

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 09:46:14 AM »

Thoughts?

Yes, they are worth it (whatever thats supposed to mean). You make it sound like you're buying a car.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 09:48:07 AM »
Yes, they are worth it (whatever thats supposed to mean). You make it sound like you're buying a car.

Everything in life should be looked at in terms of the big picture Coach.

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 09:50:49 AM »
I hear once you have kids you feel a sense of immortality, simply because who you are runs through them.
I couldnt see myself not having kids one day, that would be one of the biggest tragedies in my life.

dan18

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 09:55:32 AM »
Then you're life will suck even though deep down inside you may never admit it.
  example after my 1st son i was happy and content my wife wanted 1 more i didn't
i just thought of no sleep, dipears ,money, if it wasn't for her we never would have had my 2nd boy because i was to busy looking at the big picture...
p

ASJChaotic

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 09:58:32 AM »
you never played the Sims did you?  :D

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 10:03:56 AM »
you never played the Sims did you?  :D

Don't spend a lot of time playing video games, no.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 10:06:24 AM »
Don't spend a lot of time playing video games, no.
fun game, you can have a partner, have kids etc
then you'll have to care for the kid
it's like real life

as for myself, I'll want kids someday, the house would be quiet without them  ;)

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 10:06:57 AM »
My daughter is turning 1 tomorrow.

Best thing in the world. 

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 10:09:28 AM »
it's like real life

as for myself, I'll want kids someday, the house would be quiet without them  ;)
Please, for the sake of mankind...don't reproduce. Morons like you, however, love to breed another group of morons..It really seems to be a viscious cycle with the most ignorant ass people :-\

ASJChaotic

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 10:10:54 AM »
Please, for the sake of mankind...don't reproduce. Morons like you, however, love to breed another group of morons..It really seems to be a viscious cycle with the most ignorant ass people :-\
I own your mind soon to be "Bottom Boy"

dan18

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 10:19:08 AM »
it's like real life

YOU HAVE NO CLUE when i come home and my boys come running yelling papas home.It can bring even the toughest man to his knees   
p

ASJChaotic

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2008, 10:21:59 AM »
YOU HAVE NO CLUE when i come home and my boys come running yelling papas home.It can bring even the toughest man to his knees   
exactly, children are a joy of life  ;)

I catch alot of shit for being 19, not fucking random whores, wanting to get married and have kids someday
but that's just how I am  :)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2008, 10:24:35 AM »
All that you're seeing here is the usual split between those whose lives seem to revolve around kids and those who could care less. Mostly comes down to existing preferences.

There's another middle group that isn't sure either way, that generally has to go thru it to find out. Ends up either thrilled and greatly surprised by having kidz around, or abhor the experience. In those cases you almost have to try it to find out, or be smart and do a lot of babysitting of others kidz and hanging out with those who have em to try to get the flavor before pulling the trigger. ;)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 10:25:08 AM »

Thoughts?
yes, my kids are special because they will decide what nursing home i'll be in   lol

dan18

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2008, 10:29:26 AM »
All that you're seeing here is the usual split between those whose lives seem to revolve around kids and those who could care less. Mostly comes down to existing preferences, though there IS a middle group that isn't sure either way and either is thrilled and surprised by having kidz and those who abhor the experience.
That holds alot of truth i started late in life my oldest is 8 and im 42. wasnt ready early on in life.
p

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2008, 10:31:31 AM »
Kids are great. Irony is... I enjoy them so much more being divorced, LOL!

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2008, 10:34:46 AM »
All that you're seeing here is the usual split between those whose lives seem to revolve around kids and those who could care less. Mostly comes down to existing preferences.

There's another middle group that isn't sure either way, that generally has to go thru it to find out. Ends up either thrilled and greatly surprised by having kidz around, or abhor the experience. In those cases you almost have to try it to find out, or be smart and do a lot of babysitting of others kidz and hanging out with those who have em to try to get the flavor before pulling the trigger. ;)

My position. Hence, the question.

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 10:37:56 AM »
I finally realized why I was put on this earth when my son was born.

Being a father is to the the greatest thing I have ever done.  Its amazing when you think about when you were a kid what your thoughts and fears were and then hepling your kids with those same issues.

Its not always a cake walk, but its unbeliveably rewarding. I never thought I would have fun watching someone else do rides at the carnival or running around on a playground or watching kiddie movies at the theatre.

You really learn alot about youself when you have kids. Sometimes you get so pissed you want to explode, but you gotta remember you are the adult and they are the child and they are looking at you for guidance and boundries.

I have two boys and man they are a blast. very different personalities too.

Its funny it makes me feel sorry for my parents, because I know i was a little shit.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2008, 10:39:33 AM »
My position. Hence, the question.

Answered. You're not gonna find out much from the polar extremes. Do the research to get as close to the experience as possible thru 3rd parties first. Read, talk to those undecideds who eventually went one way or the other, and in particular, put yourself into contexts with parents and kidz for long periods of times to experience the pluses and minuses during different parts of the week and during holidays. Direct experience coupled with dialogue and some reading on various parenting online boards/books.

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2008, 10:43:22 AM »

Thoughts?

Depends on the attitude you go on it with also...  I dont consider them a sacrifice at all and if you do, you should wait until you are good and ready.

We were married 6 years before we had kids. We went to Eupope twice, went snowboarding, mountain biking every year and just generally had a lot of fun. Take your time and be ready for it imo.

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2008, 10:46:57 AM »
I love my 2 daughters but i'm extremely tired now after the second one...i had the first at 29 and the second at 39...2 dad's ;D and that's why they are far in part at age. I looked the best in my life at 35ish but now after being tired my body has gone to pot :'(

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2008, 10:49:53 AM »
If that's the case ??? You're parents Phucked up!

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2008, 10:54:55 AM »
I love my 2 daughters but i'm extremely tired now after the second one...i had the first at 29 and the second at 39...2 dad's ;D and that's why they are far in part at age. I looked the best in my life at 35ish but now after being tired my body has gone to pot :'(

Work on getting the baggage over with, then with the right workout/diet program you'll be surprised how good you can still look. Actually, some women look better in middle-age.