Author Topic: Is there anything original in the Jesus story?  (Read 58449 times)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
Re: Is there anything original in the Jesus story?
« Reply #350 on: October 07, 2009, 05:37:38 PM »
PLEASE!!! Most of what you know about historical figures comes from secondhand sources. But, I guess we should throw out all of ancient history, based on your rather stupid and baseless claims.

haha ok as opposed to what you know of historical figures?You know first hand right...oh brother....
DAWG

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #351 on: October 07, 2009, 06:20:05 PM »
haha ok as opposed to what you know of historical figures?You know first hand right...oh brother....

Ask McWay what he knows about Hesus... H-E-S-U-S

He knows lots about Jesus, doesn't like to discuss Hesus (one of the crucified gods from which Jesus was adapted).

The Luke

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #352 on: October 07, 2009, 06:56:00 PM »
Loco,

First off, apologies, been busier than usual... compounded by the holidays.

I think I can best fully explain the origin of these two details (1: Death by crucifixion; and 2: Sermon on the Mount) by first comparing the details of Jesus' life with a generic astrological metaphor godman who predates Jesus by several millennia and whose story DOES NOT involve crucifixion or resurrection, then source these two distinct details you have cited which crept into the generic astrological metaphor godman story later.

Would that convince you?

If I showed that:

-Jesus conforms very closely to the very earliest incarnations of the common astrological metaphor godman (EXCEPT for his 1: Death by crucifixion and 2: Sermon on the Mount)

-that the Sermon on the Mount was plagiarised from a known (extant) far eastern philosophy school

-that this plagiarism was accompanied by other blatant word-for-word plagiarisms

-that Jesus' death by crucifixion might well be lifted from the very same philosophy school

-that other Mystery Religions similarly influenced by eastern philosophy also adopted a metaphorical crucifixion and rebirth for their own particular solar-deity

-that the very same people who counterfeited the Jesus myth had access to the teachings of this far eastern school of philosophy

...if I could show all that, would that convince you that neither the Sermon on the Mount nor Jesus' death by crucifixion are original? Would you then concede such? Openly?

Please answer this BEFORE I go to the trouble of typing up a response... there's no point in me hammering away against a brick wall.

The Luke

Bump for The Luke to answer me.  It has been almost a year now.

1. Jesus Christ's death by crucifixion

2. Jesus Christ's Sermon on the Mount

How were these "lifted from a previous Pagan Mystery Religion"?

Challenge to Christians/Evangelicals:

Name or cite one single detail or incident in the Jesus story that is not:
-lifted from a previous Pagan Mystery Religion
-an astrological allegory

Bet you can't.

The Luke

PS... short succinct posts please so I can answer them.

I accepted your challenge, and you have failed.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #353 on: October 07, 2009, 07:40:03 PM »
Bump for The Luke to answer me.  It has been almost a year now.

1. Jesus Christ's death by crucifixion

2. Jesus Christ's Sermon on the Mount

...you quote my answer to your two questions then post your questions? How has it been a year, you just quoted my answer from December 28th 2008 with both of my answers on display.

You do realise that those reading this thread will read your two questions, my answers to your questions, then a post in which you quote my answers and then aske the questions again...?

Okay, okay... seems we've run into your reading comprehension problem again, so I'll be very explicit in answering your demand:
How were these "lifted from a previous Pagan Mystery Religion"?

Here you go:
1) Hesus, a pagan Gaullic version of the Mystery Religion dying/resurrecting godman is probably the primary source of the Jesus myth (and the name): Hesus was crucified between a watching lamb and elephant. Hesus represents the "lamb of God" who was crucified so that he could die for the sins of the world (represented by the elephant). Hesus was (supposedly) crucified in the ninth century BC.

2) The Sermon on the Mount is plagiarised from Buddhism. Buddhism predates Christianity.

Now I've answered you twice.

The Luke

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #354 on: October 08, 2009, 06:58:59 AM »
Ask McWay what he knows about Hesus... H-E-S-U-S

He knows lots about Jesus, doesn't like to discuss Hesus (one of the crucified gods from which Jesus was adapted).

The Luke

You mean just like Attis was crucified.......OOOPS!!! He cut his nuts off!!

Oh, you mean like Osiris......Uh OH!!! He got drowned!!!

Wait, wait!!! You mean Dionysus.....Ummm NO!!! He gets burned to death!!!!

You really meant Adonis.....Awww shucks!!! He gets gored by a wild bull!!!

And that's just the short list of all the gods you claimed lived, died, and resurrected like Jesus Christ.

And, of course, everytime your claims about one figure get shown to be FALSE, you jump to another.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #355 on: October 08, 2009, 07:09:44 AM »

One of these days, you'll realize how silly you sound, making statements like this. The point, which you apparently can't grasp in that head of yours, is that data from most ancient figures comes from secondhand sources.

Therefore, your sense-bereft claims about the documents, regarding Jesus Christ, fall quite flat on their faces.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #356 on: October 08, 2009, 07:14:19 AM »
...you quote my answer to your two questions then post your questions? How has it been a year, you just quoted my answer from December 28th 2008 with both of my answers on display.

You do realise that those reading this thread will read your two questions, my answers to your questions, then a post in which you quote my answers and then aske the questions again...?

Okay, okay... seems we've run into your reading comprehension problem again, so I'll be very explicit in answering your demand:

Luke,
If you really think that those reading this thread will think that you have answered my questions, you must really think that everybody here is stupid.

You seem to be having reading comprehension problems when reading your own posts.  Read the bold text below.  You said that you were going to show me that Jesus Christ's death by crucifixion and that Jesus Christ's Sermon on the Mount were copied from earlier myths.  Yet you never showed me anything.  I'm not getting any younger.  Go ahead, show me.

Loco,

First off, apologies, been busier than usual... compounded by the holidays.

I think I can best fully explain the origin of these two details (1: Death by crucifixion; and 2: Sermon on the Mount) by first comparing the details of Jesus' life with a generic astrological metaphor godman who predates Jesus by several millennia and whose story DOES NOT involve crucifixion or resurrection, then source these two distinct details you have cited which crept into the generic astrological metaphor godman story later.

Would that convince you?

If I showed that:

-Jesus conforms very closely to the very earliest incarnations of the common astrological metaphor godman (EXCEPT for his 1: Death by crucifixion and 2: Sermon on the Mount)

-that the Sermon on the Mount was plagiarised from a known (extant) far eastern philosophy school

-that this plagiarism was accompanied by other blatant word-for-word plagiarisms

-that Jesus' death by crucifixion might well be lifted from the very same philosophy school

-that other Mystery Religions similarly influenced by eastern philosophy also adopted a metaphorical crucifixion and rebirth for their own particular solar-deity

-that the very same people who counterfeited the Jesus myth had access to the teachings of this far eastern school of philosophy

...if I could show all that, would that convince you that neither the Sermon on the Mount nor Jesus' death by crucifixion are original? Would you then concede such? Openly?

Please answer this BEFORE I go to the trouble of typing up a response... there's no point in me hammering away against a brick wall.

The Luke

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #357 on: October 08, 2009, 07:25:17 AM »
1) Hesus, a pagan Gaullic version of the Mystery Religion dying/resurrecting godman is probably the primary source of the Jesus myth (and the name): Hesus was crucified between a watching lamb and elephant. Hesus represents the "lamb of God" who was crucified so that he could die for the sins of the world (represented by the elephant). Hesus was (supposedly) crucified in the ninth century BC.

Hesus, or Esus, was not crucified between a watching lamb and elephant.  Esus was not crucified at all.  Where did you get that from?  Please list your source!  

And please don't say that your source is "The World's Sixteen Crucified Saviors - Christianity Before Christ" by Kersey Graves or "Anacalypsis" by Sir Godfrey Higgins.  These two books have long been dismissed as unscholarly and unreliable sources by atheist scholars.

By the way, almost all of the Jesus myth hypothesis are based on these two unscholarly and unreliable sources.

2) The Sermon on the Mount is plagiarised from Buddhism. Buddhism predates Christianity.

Now I've answered you twice.

The Luke

No, The Sermon on the Mount isn't plagiarized from Buddhism.  You have no sources and no evidence to back that up.

Again, I've taken your challenge and you have failed.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #358 on: October 08, 2009, 07:31:53 AM »

Here you go:

Way off the mark, once again. Not only does Hesus/Esus NOT die via crucifixion, he apparently prefers sacrificing his victims by either impaling them or stabbing them to death. And the animals involved ain't lambs or elephants but birds and bulls.

In fact, how (or even IF) Esus dies appears to be unknown.

Esos

Celtic God of the Willow

Though there is no direct evidence for the worship of Esos - the ‘Good Master’ - in Britain, and little elsewhere, he is mentioned by the Roman poet, Lucan, as a powerful Celtic god encountered by Caesar’s troops in Southern Gaul. Equated with Mars, he was apparently savage, cruel and "Horrid Esus with his wild altars" demanded human sacrifices. Later commentators indicate that the male victims were stabbed, hung in trees and allowed to bleed to death. The implication is that Esos was widely reverred, but archaeological evidence is scant.

He is best attested on a large decorated pillar bearing his name, but dedicated to Jupiter. It was discovered below the Notre Dame in Paris in 1711 and depicts a muscular man chopping away at a willow tree. A juxtaposed scene shows a bull with three cranes or egrets on its back, named Tarvostrigaranus - the 'Bull with Three Cranes'. Similar iconography appears on a stone from Trier.

The symbolism is almost impossible to interpret and may relate to some long lost mythology. The Willow and the Cranes are associated with the water's edge, so perhaps Esos was a marshland god. The tree is presumably that in which his victims were sacrificed, by why he prunes it is uncertain. Possibly it shows the destruction and rebirth of the Tree of Life in Winter and Spring. The birds may represent spirits during the former process. They are natural and matually beneficial companions for the Bull, which enhances the fertility symbolism of the tree. Magical groups of three birds appear in Welsh mythology and, to the Irish, cranes may reprsent women. In this context, the Tarvostrigaranus may just possibly be represnted by a small bronze triple-horned bull figurine found at the Roman Temple within the hillfort of Maiden's Castle (Dorset). It shows three female humoid figures perched on its back

http://www.chronarchy.com/esus/aboutesus.html

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #359 on: October 08, 2009, 11:32:42 AM »
I don't get this obstructionist argument, you guys use double standards at every turn.

You want primary sources for the (oral) Mystery Religion, even though Christianity doesn't have any.

You want to cite the four canonical gospels as evidentiary, but dismiss the 76 other gospels and the Gnostic gospels despite them all being of equal provenance.

You want to cite the obvious interpolatons in Josephus histories, but neglect to mention that Christian Church Fathers such as Origen had read (and quoted) Josephus yet never noticed these supposed Jesus references... neglecting to use them even when citing every other faked piece of evidence for the historicity of Jesus in their apologist screeds.

You dismiss the similarities between Jesus and MYSTERY RELIGION gods, based solely on the discrepancies between the Jesus story and the FOLKLORE VERSIONS of these gods... different religions guys, one is astrological (Mystery Religion) and one is allegorical (folklore). That's akin to claiming Batman never fought the Penguin 'cos the Penguin hasn't appeared in the Christopher Nolan Batman movies. Danny DeVito would disagree.

You likewise dismiss every similarity between Jesus and Issa, despite their being no discrepancies and Issa loudly claiming to actually be Jesus... that's just plain dishonest.

Let me get this straight...

So, the only sources that count are the ones literalist Christians accept.

The gods similar to Jesus don't count because alternate folklore versions of their stories differ from the Jesus story... and the folklore versions of the Jesus story don't count because you guys don't accept them.

And the Issa guy doesn't count as a match for Jesus because he matches Jesus.

So I should find you guys a god that predates Jesus and matches Jesus in every single way with any difference grounds for disqualification, but doesn't match Jesus in every single way cause that likewise disqualifies him?

I simply can't provide you with references to back my point from Christian apologist websites... and that's all you guys will accept.

The stuff you are posting is terrible.... for example:
The symbolism is almost impossible to interpret and may relate to some long lost mythology. The Willow and the Cranes are associated with the water's edge, so perhaps Esos was a marshland god. The tree is presumably that in which his victims were sacrificed, by why he prunes it is uncertain. Possibly it shows the destruction and rebirth of the Tree of Life in Winter and Spring. The birds may represent spirits during the former process. They are natural and matually beneficial companions for the Bull, which enhances the fertility symbolism of the tree. Magical groups of three birds appear in Welsh mythology and, to the Irish, cranes may reprsent women. In this context, the Tarvostrigaranus may just possibly be represnted by a small bronze triple-horned bull figurine found at the Roman Temple within the hillfort of Maiden's Castle (Dorset). It shows three female humoid figures perched on its back

...where do you guys get this hogwash?

"The symbolism is almost impossible to interpret".... bullshit... Esus is the sun; the Willow Tree is the Southern Cross constellation; the various birds are costellations and stars/planets in the Gaullish zodiac. 

Don't you guys comprehend metaphor?

Stop Google-Fu-ing encyclopedia entries and do some proper research.

There is nothing original in the Jesus story, but I can't explain that to you if you stubbornly refuse to concede any single similarity, no matter how obvious.

The Luke 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #360 on: October 08, 2009, 11:45:34 AM »
Hesus, or Esus, was not crucified between a watching lamb and elephant.  Esus was not crucified at all.  Where did you get that from?  Please list your source!

The Sermon on the Mount isn't plagiarized from Buddhism.  You have no sources and no evidence to back that up.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #361 on: October 08, 2009, 11:54:59 AM »
Hesus, or Esus, was not crucified between a watching lamb and elephant.  Esus was not crucified at all.  Where did you get that from?  Please list your source!

The Sermon on the Mount isn't plagiarized from Buddhism.  You have no sources and no evidence to back that up.

...you are basing this on Google-Fu and scanning a couple of ten line encycopedia entries right?

You haven't studied this in-depth and come to your own conclusion, have you? You read the Bible, accepted it as the literal truth and are now defending our delusions/beliefs, right?

Ask yourself, why did Matthew, Mark, Luke and John (then Paul) all name the Jewish Messiah after a Gaullish god when writing the gospels (an other texts)?

Why is Jesus named after Hesus?

The Luke 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #362 on: October 08, 2009, 11:58:09 AM »
...you are basing this on Google-Fu and scanning a couple of ten line encycopedia entries right?

You haven't studied this in-depth and come to your own conclusion, have you? You read the Bible, accepted it as the literal truth and are now defending our delusions/beliefs, right?

Ask yourself, why did Matthew, Mark, Luke and John (then Paul) all name the Jewish Messiah after a Gaullish god when writing the gospels (an other texts)?

The Luke 

I see!  In other words, no you do not have any sources and you do not have any evidence to back up any of your claims.  That's what I thought!

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #363 on: October 08, 2009, 12:16:47 PM »
I see!  In other words, no you do not have any sources and you do not have any evidence to back up any of your claims.  That's what I thought!

You won't accept any source other than the Bible, and won't do any research.

Where do YOU think the "Jesus" name came from? Why is a Jewish man wandering around Jerusalem named after a barbarian god? If he had been named Thor would that be an more unusual?

If you won't accept my sources, and won't concede any similarities between Jesus and other Mystery Religion gods... then maybe you can explain where this non-Jewish name came from?

The Luke

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #364 on: October 08, 2009, 12:21:29 PM »
I don't get this obstructionist argument, you guys use double standards at every turn.

You want primary sources for the (oral) Mystery Religion, even though Christianity doesn't have any.

You want to cite the four canonical gospels as evidentiary, but dismiss the 76 other gospels and the Gnostic gospels despite them all being of equal provenance.

You want to cite the obvious interpolatons in Josephus histories, but neglect to mention that Christian Church Fathers such as Origen had read (and quoted) Josephus yet never noticed these supposed Jesus references... neglecting to use them even when citing every other faked piece of evidence for the historicity of Jesus in their apologist screeds.

Origen did notice those references. That's the reason he stated that Josephus didn't recognize Jesus as the Christ AND why he also criticized Josephus for not properly (in his mind) citing the death of Jesus' brother, James, as the reason for the Temple's destruction.

You dismiss the similarities between Jesus and MYSTERY RELIGION gods, based solely on the discrepancies between the Jesus story and the FOLKLORE VERSIONS of these gods... different religions guys, one is astrological (Mystery Religion) and one is allegorical (folklore). That's akin to claiming Batman never fought the Penguin 'cos the Penguin hasn't appeared in the Christopher Nolan Batman movies. Danny DeVito would disagree.

You haven't produced the "MYSTERY RELIGION gods", which you've been asked to do, for the better part of a YEAR.

And, what you call the "FOLKLORE VERSIONS" are the actual versions of those figures, that have been shown (time and time again) NOT TO MATCH Jesus Christ in the slightest.

You likewise dismiss every similarity between Jesus and Issa, despite their being no discrepancies and Issa loudly claiming to actually be Jesus... that's just plain dishonest.

Let me get this straight...

So, the only sources that count are the ones literalist Christians accept.

The gods similar to Jesus don't count because alternate folklore versions of their stories differ from the Jesus story... and the folklore versions of the Jesus story don't count because you guys don't accept them.

And the Issa guy doesn't count as a match for Jesus because he matches Jesus.

So I should find you guys a god that predates Jesus and matches Jesus in every single way with any difference grounds for disqualification, but doesn't match Jesus in every single way cause that likewise disqualifies him?

You not only can't find one that matches Jesus in every single way, the ones you've put forth hardly match Jesus AT ALL.

I simply can't provide you with references to back my point from Christian apologist websites... and that's all you guys will accept.

You can't provide references, because they either aren't there. Or, as Loco pointed out, they're from silly books that even some of the most ardent atheists have stated reek of poor scholarship.

The stuff you are posting is terrible.... for example:

...where do you guys get this hogwash?

"The symbolism is almost impossible to interpret".... bullshit... Esus is the sun; the Willow Tree is the Southern Cross constellation; the various birds are costellations and stars/planets in the Gaullish zodiac.  

I cited the source. It's there for you to view. Your foolishly trying to fuse some astrological mess, in an attempt to paint Jesus as a composite of other figures simply doesn't hold water.

And, as usual, you don't even have your facts right about Esus.

Don't you guys comprehend metaphor?

Stop Google-Fu-ing encyclopedia entries and do some proper research.

There is nothing original in the Jesus story, but I can't explain that to you if you stubbornly refuse to concede any single similarity, no matter how obvious.

The Luke  

We've done the proper research. But, you don't like the "Google-Fu-ing", because when the facts come up, your claims GO DOWN...in flames.

Luke, you continue to cry, when your pitiful takes get ripped apart. And when asked to back your statements, you flee and cower, as you've done with Loco and with me.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #365 on: October 08, 2009, 12:24:44 PM »

Where do YOU think the "Jesus" name came from? Why is a Jewish man wandering around Jerusalem named after a barbarian god? If he had been named Thor would that be an more unusual?

If you won't accept my sources, and won't concede any similarities between Jesus and other Mystery Religion gods... then maybe you can explain where this non-Jewish name came from?

The Luke

This is just pitiful!!

Jesus' Jewish name is Yeshua, which doesn't have a blessed thing to do with Esus. Once again, you've displayed your blatant lack of facts, making baseless claims that are easily dismissed.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #366 on: October 08, 2009, 12:27:58 PM »

The Luke

I won't accept your sources?  But you do not have any sources!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #367 on: October 08, 2009, 12:34:52 PM »
This is just pitiful!!

Jesus' Jewish name is Yeshua, which doesn't have a blessed thing to do with Esus. Once again, you've displayed your blatant lack of facts, making baseless claims that are easily dismissed.

I think Luke thinks that Jesus Christ is Puerto Rican.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #368 on: October 08, 2009, 02:16:50 PM »

...so where does "Jesus" come from?

Why is that borrowed from Hesus?

The Luke

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #369 on: October 08, 2009, 07:11:19 PM »
...so where does "Jesus" come from?

Why is that borrowed from Hesus?

The Luke

It's not borrowed from Hesus/Esus. What part of that hasn't sunk into your head yet?

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #370 on: October 08, 2009, 07:36:14 PM »
It's not borrowed from Hesus/Esus. What part of that hasn't sunk into your head yet?

...so where does it come from?

It's not a translation of Yeshua (intrusive syllables aren't redacted by colloquialism).

The Luke

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #371 on: October 09, 2009, 06:11:16 AM »
...so where does it come from?

It's not a translation of Yeshua (intrusive syllables aren't redacted by colloquialism).

The Luke

Yeshua is the short form for Yehoshua.

"Jesus" comes from an alternate spelling of the Latin (Iēsus).   Iēsus comes from the Greek name Iesous (Ιησους). In the Septuagint Ιησους is used as the Greek version of the Hebrew name Yehoshua (יהושוע, "God delivers" from Yeho — Yahweh [is] shua` — deliverance/rescue)

Matthew 1:21 (NIV)
"She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #372 on: October 09, 2009, 04:53:51 PM »
One of these days, you'll realize how silly you sound, making statements like this. The point, which you apparently can't grasp in that head of yours, is that data from most ancient figures comes from secondhand sources.

Therefore, your sense-bereft claims about the documents, regarding Jesus Christ, fall quite flat on their faces.

second hand sources?um no.....hearing something second hand would be like hearing about what happened last week/year/decade/and at the most a single life time...anything after that is well beyond second hand knowledge or (Fact)....factor in your jebus myths from thousands of years ago and it's like second hand,third hand,Fourth and fifth hand sixth hand well you get the idea....hence the reference to the game operator which is like a microcosm of what happens to all story's (Yes religious fables to)over time there at the most a mere fraction of the truth....but like I said whatever helps you sleep at night...keep fooling yourself that you know specific details of supposed events that occurred 40 generations ago...
DAWG

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #373 on: October 09, 2009, 05:31:29 PM »
Yeshua is the short form for Yehoshua.

"Jesus" comes from an alternate spelling of the Latin (Iēsus).   Iēsus comes from the Greek name Iesous (Ιησους). In the Septuagint Ιησους is used as the Greek version of the Hebrew name Yehoshua (יהושוע, "God delivers" from Yeho — Yahweh [is] shua` — deliverance/rescue)

Matthew 1:21 (NIV)
"She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."

The original Greek "Iesous" is a manufactured name.

It's a Gematria-coded pseudonym. It was shortened to "Iesus" in Latin when Constantine conflated Jesus and Hesus into one single Mystery Religion godman who would fall within the purview of the Sol Invictus cult (which he was instituting as the new state religion of Rome). Guess how "Hesus" is written in Latin. That's right: "Iesus".

Would you like to know what "Iesous" means? It's not a translation, it is a manufactured stage name for Mystery Religion gods.

The Luke

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #374 on: October 12, 2009, 07:19:46 AM »
second hand sources?um no.....hearing something second hand would be like hearing about what happened last week/year/decade/and at the most a single life time...anything after that is well beyond second hand knowledge or (Fact)....factor in your jebus myths from thousands of years ago and it's like second hand,third hand,Fourth and fifth hand sixth hand well you get the idea....hence the reference to the game operator which is like a microcosm of what happens to all story's (Yes religious fables to)over time there at the most a mere fraction of the truth....but like I said whatever helps you sleep at night...keep fooling yourself that you know specific details of supposed events that occurred 40 generations ago...

Secondhand simply means "not direct or immediate". And the simple fact is that the lion's share of information on most ancient figures comes from sources, written centuries after their lifetime.

Again, your utterly pointless and mindless rant is refuted by such examples as Alexander the Great, as most data on him comes from Arrian's "Anabasis of Alexander", written at least TWO CENTURIES after his death.

There is historical information on Jesus Christ, which dates closer to his lifetime than that. But, keeping fooling yourself that you actually have an accurate point to make.