Author Topic: Is there anything original in the Jesus story?  (Read 57358 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Is there anything original in the Jesus story?
« Reply #450 on: November 06, 2009, 10:15:44 AM »
...McWay's only response to the whole issue of Issa is simply to dismiss him off-hand. An exact duplicate of Jesus in every single regard, but the refutation is simply putting your fingers in your ears? How convenient.

That doesn't constitute a proper argument. Instead it demonstrates that McWay couldn't find a pre-typed disingenuous apologist argument supposedly refuting Issa to sample from.

I won't be posting any links because you guys aren't allowed to read anything that doesn't come from Jeebus-freak websites... so what's the point?

Do your own research.  

You challenged me to give you one thing, just one thing about Jesus Christ that you couldn't show me was copied from ancient myths.  I gave you not just one, but two, Jesus Christ's death by crucifixion and Jesus Christ's Sermon on the Mount.

Now you claim that you can't show me because I'm not allowed to read secular websites and because I need to do my own research?   ::)

Epic cop out!

...the fact Christians celebrate Christmas on the first day a solar measurement shows a lengthening of the day after the mid-winter solstice clearly demonstrates cross-fertilisation between Christianity and paganism.

The Luke

So what?  Christians also use the Gregorian Calendar, a reform of the Julian calendar just like anybody else.  It does not follow that Christians share ancient Rome's pagan beliefs, or that Christian beliefs are copied from ancient Rome's pagan beliefs.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #451 on: November 06, 2009, 10:33:58 AM »
You challenged me to give you one thing, just one thing about Jesus Christ that you couldn't show me was copied from ancient myths.  I gave you not just one, but two, Jesus Christ's death by crucifixion and Jesus Christ's Sermon on the Mount.

Now you claim that you can't show me because I'm not allowed to read secular websites and because I need to do my own research?   ::)

Epic cop out!

Try Googling: "Orpheus Bacchus":

Then try Googling: "Sermon on the Mount Buddhism" ...like I told you; many, many papers, articles and even books have been written by serious academics highlighting the links between Buddhism and the Sermon on the Mount.

Would you like me to read them to you, too?

Besides, Saint Issa of Kashmir claims he was the one who gave the Sermon on the Mount because he was the original character later known as Jesus, and he was in Jerusalem to spread the teachings of Buddha.

The Luke

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #452 on: November 06, 2009, 10:42:27 AM »
Try Googling: "Orpheus Bacchus":

Then try Googling: "Sermon on the Mount Buddhism" ...like I told you; many, many papers, articles and even books have been written by serious academics highlighting the links between Buddhism and the Sermon on the Mount.

Would you like me to read them to you, too?

Besides, Saint Issa of Kashmir claims he was the one who gave the Sermon on the Mount because he was the original character later known as Jesus, and he was in Jerusalem to spread the teachings of Buddha.

The Luke

Which books?  Written by who?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #453 on: November 06, 2009, 10:45:32 AM »
...McWay's only response to the whole issue of Issa is simply to dismiss him off-hand. An exact duplicate of Jesus in every single regard, but the refutation is simply putting your fingers in your ears? How convenient.

That doesn't constitute a proper argument. Instead it demonstrates that McWay couldn't find a pre-typed disingenuous apologist argument supposedly refuting Issa to sample from.

I won't be posting any links because you guys aren't allowed to read anything that doesn't come from Jeebus-freak websites... so what's the point?

Do your own research.  

Are you smoking crack? I've cited SEVERAL references that crush your silly claims to powder, many of which were direct and not from apologetic cites.

Plus, you're hardly one to talk. You don't post links, because you're afraid that, once we read them, we can point out the plethora of foul-ups, bleeps, and blunders that are present there.

...the fact Christians celebrate Christmas on the first day a solar measurement shows a lengthening of the day after the mid-winter solstice clearly demonstrates cross-fertilisation between Christianity and paganism.

The Luke

The "cross-fertilization" came, courtesy of Constantine. But, that does NOT hold that Christ was formed from a pagan deity.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #454 on: November 06, 2009, 10:46:11 AM »
Which books?  Written by who?

Google is your friend.

The Luke

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #455 on: November 06, 2009, 11:04:22 AM »
Google is your friend.

The Luke

Epic evasions and epic cop outs are yours!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #456 on: November 06, 2009, 11:14:28 AM »
LOL no worries luke is a economist, historian, and military expert dont you know?

again luke where did you go to school and what was your area of study?

let me take a guess luke...

youre a high school junior or senior consider yourself an intellect and more knowledgeable than the majority of other ppl?

your narcissistic tendencies and psuedo intellectual drivel only get you so far bro...go back to your philosophy, economic and history teachers and tell them you need more material... ;)

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #457 on: November 06, 2009, 11:22:21 AM »
LOL no worries luke is a economist, historian, and military expert dont you know?

...eh, no. I'm just well read. Try it.

again luke where did you go to school and what was your area of study?

...why do you keep hounding me on this topic? Why not address the arguments I make?

I have a degree in experimental physics. This is all well known on here, my full name and qualifications have even been reported (and verified) by American newspapers (who interviewed me about my Bigfooting).

The Luke

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #458 on: November 06, 2009, 11:48:01 AM »
...eh, no. I'm just well read. Try it.

...why do you keep hounding me on this topic? Why not address the arguments I make?

I have a degree in experimental physics. This is all well known on here, my full name and qualifications have even been reported (and verified) by American newspapers (who interviewed me about my Bigfooting).

The Luke
b/c the arguements you make are idiotic

ex.
the US has never won a war...
b/c sparta had gay soldiers(which you never gave proof for, I see a pattern forming here) the US should allow gays to openly serve
24 has a monopoly in the US

LOL bro the list goes on and on

the reason i keep hounding you is b/c is painfully apparent that you havent been educated, simply reading books google and wikipedia doesnt equate to education luke as you get older you will realize this...

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #459 on: November 06, 2009, 11:55:22 AM »
tonymctones,

I can only make a cogent argument... I can't make you comprehend it.

The Luke

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #460 on: November 06, 2009, 12:01:15 PM »
tonymctones,

I can only make a cogent argument... I can't make you comprehend it.

The Luke
LOL this is what you resort to when pushed into a corner on ya and also trying to put caveats on your idiotic statements

ya youre right though its everyone else that doesnt make sense, not you  ;)

your narcissism and delusions of grandeur are impressive you every see a therapist?

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #461 on: November 06, 2009, 12:14:41 PM »
LOL this is what you resort to when pushed into a corner on ya and also trying to put caveats on your idiotic statements

ya youre right though its everyone else that doesnt make sense, not you  ;)

your narcissism and delusions of grandeur are impressive you every see a therapist?

rather than attacking him why not come up with valid points that represent your stance on a given topic...
It is you who appear to have a patent on idiotic statements.As it is you who show your intelligence or lack there of with elementary school style attacks.Your not alone though theres a few others on this thread that can't make a post without inserting childish name calling before during and after they post there indoctrinated dogma.
DAWG

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #462 on: November 06, 2009, 12:52:02 PM »
rather than attacking him why not come up with valid points that represent your stance on a given topic...
It is you who appear to have a patent on idiotic statements.As it is you who show your intelligence or lack there of with elementary school style attacks.Your not alone though theres a few others on this thread that can't make a post without inserting childish name calling before during and after they post there indoctrinated dogma.
I can appreciate your sentiment L dawg but...
b/c the arguements you make are idiotic

ex.
the US has never won a war...
b/c sparta had gay soldiers(which you never gave proof for, I see a pattern forming here) the US should allow gays to openly serve
24 has a monopoly in the US
these are all real arguments argued by luke...this is just another one

seems to me that as stated earlier this thread is just going in circles

luke hasnt provided any links or citations simply said google it, he will learn if he goes to college that this doesnt fly and he will have to provide citations for sources  ;)

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #463 on: November 06, 2009, 04:15:33 PM »
luke hasnt provided any links or citations simply said google it, he will learn if he goes to college that this doesnt fly and he will have to provide citations for sources  ;)

...I left college (physics) nearly seven years ago. Haven't you even been reading the answers I've posted to YOUR questions?

I have explained why I don't post direct links... because then the source is attacked (unfairly) by those who themselves only post faulty apologist arguments from pro-Christian sites.

I've explained that this is a specific argument tactic... and it works.

I claimed that Attis was crucified.
McWay Googles an article about Attis and points out that Attis dies by castrating himself... but the same article he posted and selectively quoted (but obviously didn't read) also details how Attis' followers found his lifeless body and nailed it to a tree. So McWay learns a little something and makes my point for me.

I claimed that Issa was a direct copy of Jesus.
McWay Googles an article about Issa and counters that Issa is merely the Muslim name for Issa... but then I point out that a little more research will show Issa is buried in Kashmir. Again, McWay learns a little something and makes my point for me.

It works... let your detractors counter the claim, then use the source THEY cited to illustrate why they are wrong.

Just like this instance... you join this thread solely for the purpose of attacking me, then those reading the thread interject asking YOU to make proper arguments and stop the ad hominem attacks.

Have YOU learned anything by making my point for me?

The Luke

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #464 on: November 06, 2009, 04:25:47 PM »
...I left college (physics) nearly seven years ago. Haven't you even been reading the answers I've posted to YOUR questions?

I have explained why I don't post direct links... because then the source is attacked (unfairly) by those who themselves only post faulty apologist arguments from pro-Christian sites.

I've explained that this is a specific argument tactic... and it works.

I claimed that Attis was crucified.
McWay Googles an article about Attis and points out that Attis dies by castrating himself... but the same article he posted and selectively quoted (but obviously didn't read) also details how Attis' followers found his lifeless body and nailed it to a tree. So McWay learns a little something and makes my point for me.

I claimed that Issa was a direct copy of Jesus.
McWay Googles an article about Issa and counters that Issa is merely the Muslim name for Issa... but then I point out that a little more research will show Issa is buried in Kashmir. Again, McWay learns a little something and makes my point for me.

It works... let your detractors counter the claim, then use the source THEY cited to illustrate why they are wrong.

Just like this instance... you join this thread solely for the purpose of attacking me, then those reading the thread interject asking YOU to make proper arguments and stop the ad hominem attacks.

Have YOU learned anything by making my point for me?

The Luke
you never answered my until this thread as to what your field of study was, never have said when you graduated till this thread either.

as a religion basher im sure youre aware of russel's tea pot well it isnt up to MCWAY to validate your assertions its yours...

You know what I find extremely funny is a man who spends thousands of dollars and countless man hours searching for big foot condemning others for their beliefs...only on getbig i guess.

Has the employment market picked up ireland luke?

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #465 on: November 06, 2009, 04:45:37 PM »
Has the employment market picked up ireland luke?

...nope. Great Depression Two.

IMF austerity conditions here we come.

The Luke

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #466 on: November 06, 2009, 05:03:48 PM »
...nope. Great Depression Two.

IMF austerity conditions here we come.

The Luke
All bs aside I hope you find employment I graduated with a psych degree and couldnt find employment Im back in school for Finance which will hopefully lead to something but I know what its like to not be able to find a good job or be "overqualified" for a job.

Its no fun and can be very depressing at times

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #467 on: November 06, 2009, 05:05:24 PM »
Its no fun and can be very depressing at times

...I'm considering turning to crime, all this minimum wage bullshit and dead-end menial jobs are a waste of life.

The Luke

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #468 on: November 06, 2009, 05:08:24 PM »
...I'm considering turning to crime, all this minimum wage bullshit and dead-end menial jobs are a waste of life.

The Luke
hahhaha ever consider going back to school? I know its not the most pleasing thought but you gotta do what you gotta do.

why not go back to school for your masters or phd while not having the job you want. Thats what I decided to do I mean its either sit on your hands doing ish you dont want to do or get off your ace and do something about it.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #469 on: November 06, 2009, 05:21:44 PM »
hahhaha ever consider going back to school? I know its not the most pleasing thought but you gotta do what you gotta do.

A masters in physics takes 2-3 years, a PhD takes 5-6 years... either way, that's 50 hours a week for next to no money.

The Luke

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #470 on: November 06, 2009, 07:06:41 PM »
A masters in physics takes 2-3 years, a PhD takes 5-6 years... either way, that's 50 hours a week for next to no money.

The Luke
no doubt but what else are you doing with that time?

Im back in school for another undergrad dont know if ill finish i might apply for grad school after this semester but  see the thing is you can sit there and work a minimum wage job and wait for something to come along or you can get up and be proactive about the situation and try and put yourself in a better position to get a better job.

Just my line of thinking I guess Im not really doing much right now so Id rather be working toward something than sitting on my ace not saying you are.

I think about it like this Im going to be 3 years older in 3 years no matter what why not have an mba? Im not doing anything else at the moment that would prevent me from doing it and it will only help me so...