Author Topic: kettle bells  (Read 1121 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
kettle bells
« on: November 13, 2008, 11:37:30 PM »
just got a few for my clients to do work with and have since ordered myself a BIG one now that i've used them and know how to train with them. AWESOME pieces of equipment wether you're looking for a workout you can do at home that's worth your time or just for warming up and "cardio events" during workouts...

from now on.. all my days will start with kettle bell work!

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
Re: kettle bells
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 12:54:48 AM »
just got a few for my clients to do work with and have since ordered myself a BIG one now that i've used them and know how to train with them. AWESOME pieces of equipment wether you're looking for a workout you can do at home that's worth your time or just for warming up and "cardio events" during workouts...

from now on.. all my days will start with kettle bell work!

Yeah, they're great.

I'm currently studying for a diploma of Fitness, and just yesterday we had a guy come out and teach us about kettle bells and how to use them. Really interesting and you can come up with some good and hard exercises.

Have you tried the "Turkish get-up" ?

Bloody tough exercise...
No doubt about it...

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 05:38:06 AM »
But they're a bit gay arnt they?
Z

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 01:53:06 PM »

Not as gay as bowling.

Schoolboy #1

• Getbig I
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 07:45:47 PM »
Awesome piece of equipment is right.  Though I hate the fact that they're being maketed as a new invention alongside gimmicks like vibrating swis balls when they've been around for hundreds of years.
Also annoying the way people who have been on a day-course learning how to do swings, snatches etc. consider themselves qualified enough to instruct others on how to use them.
Turkish get-ups feel far better using a kettlebell than a dumbbell.  Have came close to dumping dumbbells on my head a few times.

JUSTJAXX

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 10:25:17 PM »

sounds like someone who's never tried training with one...its always fun to see these (apparently) strong and big guys try to do some KB work and start dying after a 2 min set, people always look at me strange when i'm training with them or training a client on them but the strength and conditioning gains you get are simply insane...make no mistake, KB's arent the best thing for bodybuilding style training but more for athletic conditioning.  try to find a professional MMA fighter who doesn't train with KB's

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 03:06:00 AM »
sounds like someone who's never tried training with one...its always fun to see these (apparently) strong and big guys try to do some KB work and start dying after a 2 min set, people always look at me strange when i'm training with them or training a client on them but the strength and conditioning gains you get are simply insane...make no mistake, KB's arent the best thing for bodybuilding style training but more for athletic conditioning.  try to find a professional MMA fighter who doesn't train with KB's

I can't recall seeing any MMA pro train with them
Z

The Coach

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 11:39:52 AM »
Turkish get ups are part of our strength training, I'll post up on youtube in the follwing week(s).