Author Topic: Egyptian "lawyer" to Israeli women: "Leave the land so we won't rape you"  (Read 3931 times)

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
Re: Egyptian "lawyer" to Israeli women: "Leave the land so we won't rape you"
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2008, 11:34:43 AM »
What's not true? Grammatically speaking, it's true only the actions of the ideology are banned, subscription not so.

No, saying that the Nazi ideology is banned in Germany is just an outright LIE. Its symbols have been shunned from PUBLIC display, but anyone interested in the matter can just walk into any Nazi bar in any town in Germany and see to the opposite of wat you are saying.

Now, insinuating that you can somehow "ban" and ideology... WOW!! That takes some imagination!!

You may ask: "How does this guy know?". I've been to one myself.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2008, 11:47:10 AM »
The constitution isn't perfect, but it's irrelevant here considering islam and the constitution exist mutually exclusively.

It is irrelevant from YOUR point of view. Besides, I just included that example to show how we use double standards depending on who does the hating. If we do it, it's not "relevant". If we're talking about Islam then it's a free for all. The usual Hypocrisy.

You can't ban thought, but banning expression of thought outright is different.

"Accusations against all these radical Islamic extremists" "No they were accused on counts of murder, plans to commit murder, etc. All in an INDIVIDUAL basis."

What connects them?

That they're murderers!

Had they been Buddhists, would they have committed the same atrocities? What was their driving force, their inspiration?

You're dangerously levitating back to insinuating that it's Islam that kills and not the "nutcases" that think about the 70 virgins waiting for them up there when they blow up 70 virgins here on earth.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2008, 01:38:54 AM »
So your whole argument is that islam doesn't commit the crimes therefore is OK?

And mine is that islam is an inspiration and justification for such murders. In this way islamic ideology is the danger and frank debate (which you in the past wished to censor) is the key weapon.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2008, 05:57:40 AM »
So your whole argument is that islam doesn't commit the crimes therefore is OK?

And mine is that islam is an inspiration and justification for such murders. In this way islamic ideology is the danger and frank debate (which you in the past wished to censor) is the key weapon.

No dude, no. Firstly, I've never censored A SINGLE WORD you said. You have to learn that just because someone does not agree with you does not mean they automatically disagree. I happen to agree with some of the stuff you post, but I happen to know that my religion has caused worst fate onto humanity (be it 20, 50 or 100 years ago... or 1000 years ago).

LET THEE WHO HASN'T SINNED CAST THE FIRST STONE.

Remember that?

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2008, 01:30:57 AM »
No dude, no. Firstly, I've never censored A SINGLE WORD you said. You have to learn that just because someone does not agree with you does not mean they automatically disagree. I happen to agree with some of the stuff you post, but I happen to know that my religion has caused worst fate onto humanity (be it 20, 50 or 100 years ago... or 1000 years ago).

LET THEE WHO HASN'T SINNED CAST THE FIRST STONE.

Remember that?

I'm not religious, no religion is mine, I bare no guilt for its action anywhere, anytime.

Could you explain how Christianity has killed more than religion x, y or z? ???
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2008, 06:00:48 PM »

I'm not religious
[...]

Of course you're not! That is why half of your shit has a religious undertone to it.  ::) ::) ::) ::)

[...]no religion is mine[...]

Of course not! That is why you are such an Islamophobe and yet, in the same sentence, ask me to explain why I say that Christianity has killed more human beings than any other religion.

Cheers mate!

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2008, 01:36:35 AM »
Of course you're not! That is why half of your shit has a religious undertone to it.  ::) ::) ::) ::)

Of course not! That is why you are such an Islamophobe and yet, in the same sentence, ask me to explain why I say that Christianity has killed more human beings than any other religion.

Cheers mate!

You made the assertion that I believe to be false, considering using your own logic, NO RELIGION has ever killed a single person or is responsible.

I'm most certainly atheist.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2008, 05:26:19 AM »
You made the assertion that I believe to be false, considering using your own logic, NO RELIGION has ever killed a single person or is responsible.

I NEVER said such a thing. It was about the Nazi ideologies I was talking about, not religion. Trouble reading? Religion is not an ideology.

I'm most certainly atheist.

Right, that is why you love to indulge in verbal diarrhea about Islam, requiring little or no fact from the ones that take the bait and yet, all of a sudden, when someone says that Christianism has killed thousands of human beings, you expect links, quotes and 4-page dissertations to back your statement.

Riiiiiight!

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2008, 10:57:10 AM »
I NEVER said such a thing. It was about the Nazi ideologies I was talking about, not religion. Trouble reading? Religion is not an ideology.

Right, that is why you love to indulge in verbal diarrhea about Islam, requiring little or no fact from the ones that take the bait and yet, all of a sudden, when someone says that Christianism has killed thousands of human beings, you expect links, quotes and 4-page dissertations to back your statement.

Riiiiiight!

Sorry, islam is ideological - FACT.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2008, 11:11:26 AM »
Sorry, islam is ideological - FACT.

Is Islam a religion or not?

Let us see what, for example, Wikipedia has to say: "Islam (Arabic: الإسلام; al-'islām (help·info); pronounced: [ɪs.ˈlęːm][note 1]) is a monotheistic, Abrahamic religion originating with the teachings of the Islamic prophet Muhammad, a 7th century Arab religious and political figure."

Webster's online dictionary: "Islam, the monotheistic religion of Muslims based on the Koran.".

Note, no VERY BIG NOTE: A religion IS NOT an ideology.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2008, 11:16:06 AM »
[...]Could you explain how Christianity has killed more than religion x, y or z? ???

Take, for example, the account of de las Casas and his description of the "discovery" of America, its subsequent colonization and Christianization: "At a conservative estimate, the despotic and diabolical behaviour of the Christians has, over the last forty years, led to the unjust and totally unwarranted deaths of more than twelve million souls, women and children among them, and there are grounds for believing my own estimate of more than fifteen million to be nearer the mark."

Source.

Do you REALLY want me to keep going?

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2008, 11:28:15 AM »

Let us see what, for example, Wikipedia has to say: "Islam (Arabic: الإسلام; al-'islām (help·info); pronounced: [ɪs.ˈlęːm][note 1]) is a monotheistic, Abrahamic religion originating with the teachings of the Islamic prophet Muhammad, a 7th century Arab religious and political figure."

Sorry to interject myself into the midst of your argument with NS, but methinks you're splitting hairs here.  Religion, ideology...  really what's the difference?  It's more an issue of semantics and/or degrees and it sounds like you'd disagree with anything he said no matter what.  Like if he said "the sky is blue" you'd say "technically it's more of an azure color."  And to be fair, the reverse is probably also true.

And also to be fair, the Christians (or more specifically, the Catholic church) certainly don't have an unblemished record in the area of human rights.  But really you've got to go back hundreds of years to cite examples.

You've got to admit, the Christians haven't beheaded anybody recently or declared a fatwah on any authors of controversial books.  They've kinda moved on from that.  Whereas...  well, you know what I'm saying.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2008, 12:02:01 PM »
Sorry to interject myself into the midst of your argument with NS, but methinks you're splitting hairs here.  Religion, ideology...  really what's the difference?  It's more an issue of semantics and/or degrees and it sounds like you'd disagree with anything he said no matter what.  Like if he said "the sky is blue" you'd say "technically it's more of an azure color."  And to be fair, the reverse is probably also true.

And also to be fair, the Christians (or more specifically, the Catholic church) certainly don't have an unblemished record in the area of human rights.  But really you've got to go back hundreds of years to cite examples.

You've got to admit, the Christians haven't beheaded anybody recently or declared a fatwah on any authors of controversial books.  They've kinda moved on from that.  Whereas...  well, you know what I'm saying.

No, not really. I've already told Nordic that I agree with some of the stuff he says. I mean, we agree on the fact that religions ought to be abolished. Period.

Now, on the fact that the differences are of the semantic kind... I have to disagree with you on that. A religion is a well organized body, with its own parallel institutions and books of faith. An ideology is not cohesively organized at all, and the majority of its actions are made ad hoc, not premeditatedly as with a religion. So if your argument is that, in this case, the difference between an ideology and a religion is not valid I obviously disagree.

All these discussions about Islam are terribly one sided. People have real difficulty in realising that ALL religions are fucked up. And I'm sorry, but many deaths have been caused by Christians just 60 years ago (look at the Jasenovac concentration camp or the protagonism of Spanish priesthood during the Spanish civil war, for example) for anyone to refute Christianity's supposed good intentions. So the entire argument, from the Christian side has been "see, we haven't killed anyone in the past 50 years. We are good. You Muslims are evil because you killed 50 (or 100 thousand) non-muslims in the past 10 years". What kind of stupid argument is that?

Not to say that Muslims are spring chickens, but I do see a certain tendency to act on the defensive on their part, which has, as of very recently turned to an offensive one due, in part, to our invasion of two Muslim countries (for whatever reason). Take the Moro Crater massacre, which may have not even taken place due to religious reasons, but multiply it by 10 and you will see plenty of motives for Muslims to be pissed. Add to it the fact that their opinions are NOTICEABLY absent from Western opinion and you have the situation we have now. Imagine a rich Muslim country invaded two Christian countries? All Christians would be up in arms putting together a Christian force to fight them. It's this level of hypocrisy that I can't stand and hence what motivates me to politely disagree with everything every Islamophobe has to say. I don't just disagree for the heck of it (which is what you are insinuating) I disagree because I know otherwise.

Ciao.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2008, 12:28:51 PM »
Yes, I am insinuating that the whole argument may have degraded somewhat and you can't deny that ideology is at the very least a subset of religion.

As far as organized religion--I don't think it's intrinsically bad (the good far outweighs the bad) but it does seem to attract the kooks, weirdos and nutjobs of society and give them a cause to attach themselves to, to lend credence and validity to their kooky obsessions.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2008, 01:06:49 PM »
Yes, I am insinuating that the whole argument may have degraded somewhat and you can't deny that ideology is at the very least a subset of religion.

Not at all. Is Nazism a subset of religion? Is capitalism a subset of religion?

As far as organized religion--I don't think it's intrinsically bad (the good far outweighs the bad) but it does seem to attract the kooks, weirdos and nutjobs of society and give them a cause to attach themselves to, to lend credence and validity to their kooky obsessions.

Yes, I agree, but if you look at it in human terms... Was the "discovery" of America worth the death of 20+ million human beings? Is the supposed segregation of Muslims in India worth the death of 150 people? And on and on. Yes, beautiful churches, beautiful cemeteries, yada yada yada, and at the same time, MILLIONS of dead motherfuckers. Nice.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2008, 01:15:43 PM »
Not at all. Is Nazism a subset of religion?

Yes, I agree, but if you look at it in human terms... Was the "discovery" of America worth the death of 20+ million human beings? Is the supposed segregation of Muslims in India worth the death of 150 people? And on and on. Yes, beautiful churches, beautiful cemeteries, yada yada yada, and at the same time, MILLIONS of dead motherfuckers. Nice.

I define one's religion as one's world view, more or less.  Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Atheism, Naziism, Humanism, etc (notice all the ism's)...  the set of principles and beliefs that guide one's life and daily decisions.  It seems pretty simple.

I'm not just referring to nice churches and cemeteries but all the good that the vast majority of people in the world do on a daily basis, in an attempt to live true to their highest ideals, that never gets recognized by the world at large.  It is a shame that it all tends to get overshadowed by the despotic actions of a few.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2008, 02:36:22 PM »

Webster's online dictionary: "Islam, the monotheistic religion of Muslims based on the Koran.".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideology

An ideology is a set of beliefs, aims and ideas, especially in politics. An ideology can be thought of as a comprehensive vision, as a way of looking at things (compare Weltanschauung), as in common sense (see Ideology in everyday society below) and several philosophical tendencies (see Political ideologies), or a set of ideas proposed by the dominant class of a society to all members of this society. The main purpose behind an ideology is to offer change in society through a normative thought process. Ideologies are systems of abstract thought (as opposed to mere ideation) applied to public matters and thus make this concept central to politics. Implicitly every political tendency entails an ideology whether or not it is propounded as an explicit system of thought.

Does islam produce a all encompassing framework for society and its governing laws (sharia)? Because Wikipedia states it's a religion (which I never said it wasn't) it's not ideological?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2008, 04:06:58 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideology

An ideology is a set of beliefs, aims and ideas, especially in politics. An ideology can be thought of as a comprehensive vision, as a way of looking at things (compare Weltanschauung), as in common sense (see Ideology in everyday society below) and several philosophical tendencies (see Political ideologies), or a set of ideas proposed by the dominant class of a society to all members of this society. The main purpose behind an ideology is to offer change in society through a normative thought process. Ideologies are systems of abstract thought (as opposed to mere ideation) applied to public matters and thus make this concept central to politics. Implicitly every political tendency entails an ideology whether or not it is propounded as an explicit system of thought.

Does islam produce a all encompassing framework for society and its governing laws (sharia)? Because Wikipedia states it's a religion (which I never said it wasn't) it's not ideological?

Not only Wilipedia, Webster's dictionary, etc. If you want me to I will post many other sources, since you refuse to check it out yourself (or so it seems).

Are you saying Islam is a pseudo-ideology and not a religion?

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2008, 04:15:08 PM »
I define one's religion as one's world view, more or less.  Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Atheism, Naziism, Humanism, etc (notice all the ism's)...  the set of principles and beliefs that guide one's life and daily decisions.  It seems pretty simple.

Wow, wow, you're mixing pears and apples here. I'm an avid atheist and have no belief system nor do my principles have anything to do with atheist "non" belief, and all to do with humanism.

I'm not just referring to nice churches and cemeteries but all the good that the vast majority of people in the world do on a daily basis, in an attempt to live true to their highest ideals, that never gets recognized by the world at large.  It is a shame that it all tends to get overshadowed by the despotic actions of a few.

Sure, nazism had one of the best welfare system in human history, and it had a very positive economic impact on the German economy. Should we forget that nazis murdered almost 10 million human beings? No. Pure nonesense. ALL religions should be abolished from public display. Fuck God.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2008, 05:15:20 AM »
Not only Wilipedia, Webster's dictionary, etc. If you want me to I will post many other sources, since you refuse to check it out yourself (or so it seems).

Are you saying Islam is a pseudo-ideology and not a religion?

No, it's an ideology and religion.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2008, 03:02:45 PM »
I live in europe and I deal with muslim people pretty much every single day and I live in a suburb with a very high % habituated by muslims.

I can tell you that islam and it's culture makes it followers fuckin stupid. They are rude, won't assimilate and suppress women to a disgusting extent. They usually are very low-educated and happily builds "ghettos" and live on welfare money. As I said, I deal with them daily both through work and otherwise and if I wanna stand for good morals and critical thinking I simply cannot accept islam taking over my country.

The islamisation of europe doesn't have to be stopped in a Hitler genocide fashion but this politically correct bullshit about respecting islam and faith overall has to stop.
from incomplete data

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2008, 03:18:41 PM »
A Russian church for a Saudi mosque?
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=147332

interesting

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2008, 03:27:25 PM »
A Russian church for a Saudi mosque?
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=147332

interesting

Hahaha, I love it!  Bully for the Russians.  With that kind of attitude...  the US and Europe would do well to follow suit and not just tuck their respective tails between their legs in the face of this kind of outrageous hypocrisy.