Author Topic: Obama election spurs race crimes around country  (Read 1503 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Obama election spurs race crimes around country
« on: November 15, 2008, 11:03:34 PM »
Obama election spurs race crimes around country
By JESSE WASHINGTON, AP National Writer Jesse Washington, Ap National Writer

Cross burnings. Schoolchildren chanting "Assassinate Obama." Black figures hung from nooses. Racial epithets scrawled on homes and cars.

Incidents around the country referring to President-elect Barack Obama are dampening the postelection glow of racial progress and harmony, highlighting the stubborn racism that remains in America.

From California to Maine, police have documented a range of alleged crimes, from vandalism and vague threats to at least one physical attack. Insults and taunts have been delivered by adults, college students and second-graders.

There have been "hundreds" of incidents since the election, many more than usual, said Mark Potok, director of the Intelligence Project at the Southern Poverty Law Center, which monitors hate crimes.

One was in Snellville, Ga., where Denene Millner said a boy on the school bus told her 9-year-old daughter the day after the election: "I hope Obama gets assassinated." That night, someone trashed her sister-in-law's front lawn, mangled the Obama lawn signs, and left two pizza boxes filled with human feces outside the front door, Millner said.

She described her emotions as a combination of anger and fear.

"I can't say that every white person in Snellville is evil and anti-Obama and willing to desecrate my property because one or two idiots did it," said Millner, who is black. "But it definitely makes you look a little different at the people who you live with, and makes you wonder what they're capable of and what they're really thinking."

Potok, who is white, said he believes there is "a large subset of white people in this country who feel that they are losing everything they know, that the country their forefathers built has somehow been stolen from them."

Grant Griffin, a 46-year-old white Georgia native, expressed similar sentiments: "I believe our nation is ruined and has been for several decades and the election of Obama is merely the culmination of the change.

"If you had real change it would involve all the members of (Obama's) church being deported," he said.

Change in whatever form does not come easy, and a black president is "the most profound change in the field of race this country has experienced since the Civil War," said William Ferris, senior associate director of the Center for the Study of the American South at the University of North Carolina. "It's shaking the foundations on which the country has existed for centuries."

"Someone once said racism is like cancer," Ferris said. "It's never totally wiped out, it's in remission."

If so, America's remission lasted until the morning of Nov. 5.

The day after the vote hailed as a sign of a nation changed, black high school student Barbara Tyler of Marietta, Ga., said she heard hateful Obama comments from white students, and that teachers cut off discussion about Obama's victory.

Tyler spoke at a press conference by the Georgia chapter of the NAACP calling for a town hall meeting to address complaints from across the state about hostility and resentment. Another student, from a Covington middle school, said he was suspended for wearing an Obama shirt to school Nov. 5 after the principal told students not to wear political paraphernalia.

The student's mother, Eshe Riviears, said the principal told her: "Whether you like it or not, we're in the South, and there are a lot of people who are not happy with this decision."

Other incidents include:

_Four North Carolina State University students admitted writing anti-Obama comments in a tunnel designated for free speech expression, including one that said: "Let's shoot that (N-word) in the head." Obama has received more threats than any other president-elect, authorities say.

_At Standish, Maine, a sign inside the Oak Hill General Store read: "Osama Obama Shotgun Pool." Customers could sign up to bet $1 on a date when Obama would be killed. "Stabbing, shooting, roadside bombs, they all count," the sign said. At the bottom of the marker board was written "Let's hope someone wins."

_Racist graffiti was found in places including New York's Long Island, where two dozen cars were spray-painted; Kilgore, Texas, where the local high school and skate park were defaced; and the Los Angeles area, where swastikas, racial slurs and "Go Back To Africa" were spray painted on sidewalks, houses and cars.

_Second- and third-grade students on a school bus in Rexburg, Idaho, chanted "assassinate Obama," a district official said.

_University of Alabama professor Marsha L. Houston said a poster of the Obama family was ripped off her office door. A replacement poster was defaced with a death threat and a racial slur. "It seems the election brought the racist rats out of the woodwork," Houston said.

_Black figures were hanged by nooses from trees on Mount Desert Island, Maine, the Bangor Daily News reported. The president of Baylor University in Waco, Texas said a rope found hanging from a campus tree was apparently an abandoned swing and not a noose.

_Crosses were burned in yards of Obama supporters in Hardwick, N.J., and Apolacan Township, Pa.

_A black teenager in New York City said he was attacked with a bat on election night by four white men who shouted 'Obama.'

_In the Pittsburgh suburb of Forest Hills, a black man said he found a note with a racial slur on his car windshield, saying "now that you voted for Obama, just watch out for your house."

Emotions are often raw after a hard-fought political campaign, but now those on the losing side have an easy target for their anger.

"The principle is very simple," said BJ Gallagher, a sociologist and co-author of the diversity book "A Peacock in the Land of Penguins." "If I can't hurt the person I'm angry at, then I'll vent my anger on a substitute, i.e., someone of the same race."

"We saw the same thing happen after the 9-11 attacks, as a wave of anti-Muslim violence swept the country. We saw it happen after the Rodney King verdict, when Los Angeles blacks erupted in rage at the injustice perpetrated by 'the white man.'"

"It's as stupid and ineffectual as kicking your dog when you've had a bad day at the office," Gallagher said. "But it happens a lot."

___
!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Obama election spurs race crimes around country
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 04:11:23 AM »
sad, very sad...What it really boils down to is that people are are scared. If black people stay at their "relegated" postions of Athletics and Entertainment, it okay. People don't mind cheering for the black gladiator to score points in the football arena, or shooting hoops for their hometown teams, that brings money in. People don't mind black men dating their ugly, fat daughters, but let them aspire and to achieve other bigger and better things, there is a "problem",

For centuries in the US, as long as you are "better than black man" you ae doing good. And if you aren't, that elicits hatred and violent jealousy. 

And if something happens to Obama, all the KKK members better lcok their doors that night, and all those White supremists in prison, better pray to whatever god that they are in touch with, because not only did you kill the President of the US, but for what, because one is so blind, that his ignorant hatred for another race prevailed over common sense?

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 04:16:11 AM »
People don't mind black men dating their ugly, fat daughters,

I don't know if this is appropriate, sorry if it's not;

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH AHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAH AHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA HAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA HHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA HHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHH AHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA HAH
GHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

;D ;D ;D ;D
S

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 04:22:18 AM »
sad, very sad...What it really boils down to is that people are are scared. If black people stay at their "relegated" postions of Athletics and Entertainment, it okay. People don't mind cheering for the black gladiator to score points in the football arena, or shooting hoops for their hometown teams, that brings money in. People don't mind black men dating their ugly, fat daughters, but let them aspire and to achieve other bigger and better things, there is a "problem",

For centuries in the US, as long as you are "better than black man" you ae doing good. And if you aren't, that elicits hatred and violent jealousy. 

And if something happens to Obama, all the KKK members better lcok their doors that night, and all those White supremists in prison, better pray to whatever god that they are in touch with, because not only did you kill the President of the US, but for what, because one is so blind, that his ignorant hatred for another race prevailed over common sense?

No, racist people... the rest of us really don't give a shit. Nice hint of racism in your post Parker. Don't paint everyone with the same brush, that's a good reason why many blacks under achieve.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 06:35:50 AM »
No, racist people... the rest of us really don't give a shit. Nice hint of racism in your post Parker. Don't paint everyone with the same brush, that's a good reason why many blacks under achieve.

Sorry, that ain't racism. Racism is about power. Try the states. College football draws huge amounts of money and huge crowds, and that is just College Football. College basketball as well. You live in a country where only one sport draws huge numbers. Try living in country where you have not just the College football team vying to play in Bowls, but when March Madness comes around....

As I was saying, it's okay for black men to exist in a mode in which people are used them existing. Black men have always been the "workhorses", whether it be for physical labor, or sports. And that is the realm in which many people, including black people are used to them being...

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 07:26:03 AM »
Any racial incident is horrendous....but they make it seem like this is widespread.  Nothing like that has happened where I live, no news of any of this.  I imagine these are few and isolated incidents.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 07:31:19 AM »
Any racial incident is horrendous....but they make it seem like this is widespread.  Nothing like that has happened where I live, no news of any of this.  I imagine these are few and isolated incidents.

Stuff like that is happening in here in Maryland...and it's not just kids.  Grown folks are saying stuff at the office and whatnot. People that you'd think weren't racist are saying some crazy stuff. Females saying stuff like, "oh my god, Michelle looks like a money, and her butt is way too big"  I'd say, yeah she got a badonkadunk...but WTF is with people...

At one middle school the principal had ask for teachers not to talk about the election....because the kids were upset, they take after their parents....

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 02:17:38 PM »
I guess some people are just assh-les.  Not sure...but nothin like that going on here.  Actually, there are still Obama signs everywhere.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 02:30:45 PM »
Stuff like that is happening in here in Maryland...and it's not just kids.  Grown folks are saying stuff at the office and whatnot. People that you'd think weren't racist are saying some crazy stuff. Females saying stuff like, "oh my god, Michelle looks like a money, and her butt is way too big"  I'd say, yeah she got a badonkadunk...but WTF is with people...

At one middle school the principal had ask for teachers not to talk about the election....because the kids were upset, they take after their parents....

I like a nice fat ass myself.

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 09:16:15 PM »
School children chanting "Assassinate Obama."

My kids experienced something similiar to this at church (of all places) but I immediately informed their parents and the children were quickly scolded for their behavior.

Some kids at church told my kids they "wished Obama would get killed (assassinated), so our country would be good again" and then said "your parents probably voted for Obama because he is black."

The parents, who were very apologetic, said they must have picked this up from kids at school.

HM (Alive and kicking in a country where racism continues)

W

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 10:33:15 PM »
this kinda of shit is ridiculous and very ignorant at the same time remember the lady who had a sarah palin doll hanging from a noose in her front yard? most lefties on here didnt even bat an eye at it.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 10:45:08 PM »
America is still filled with rednecks.  Just go to the midwest or the south.  LOL.  I'm proud to have a black President in the White House.  Black people deserve it.  Now if they'd just shut the fuck up and wait and see what the negroid does they might not look so fucking stupid when he takes an already troubled country and makes it ten times worse.  If you think white people are racist you should hang out with some of the Phillipinos at my work.  Some of the most racist fucks I've ever met.  And they should talk, they fucking stick to their kind like stink on shit.  There will always be racism unfortunately and this multi-culti love fest going on in America won't change that.  The only thing that will change racism is teaching our kids a different perspective.  Judging by some of the replies in this thread that's obviously not going to happen.  It amazes me some of the parents I meet who have bred and spread their disgusting seed around this earth. 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2008, 02:39:41 AM »
Terrible to see these inbreeds acting unpatriotic.

Rednecks should welcome a black president. Because then the argument that the black man is held down is less valid.
Then again, sound reasoning were never a strong point with the redneck inbreeds. 
As empty as paradise

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2008, 04:47:19 AM »
Sorry, that ain't racism. Racism is about power. Try the states. College football draws huge amounts of money and huge crowds, and that is just College Football. College basketball as well. You live in a country where only one sport draws huge numbers. Try living in country where you have not just the College football team vying to play in Bowls, but when March Madness comes around....

As I was saying, it's okay for black men to exist in a mode in which people are used them existing. Black men have always been the "workhorses", whether it be for physical labor, or sports. And that is the realm in which many people, including black people are used to them being...

Nice bunch of assumptions... football, rugby, formula one, cricket, boxing, snooker are all huge sports in Britain.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2008, 05:11:20 AM »
America is still filled with rednecks.  Just go to the midwest or the south.  LOL.  I'm proud to have a black President in the White House.  Black people deserve it.  Now if they'd just shut the fuck up and wait and see what the negroid does they might not look so fucking stupid when he takes an already troubled country and makes it ten times worse.  If you think white people are racist you should hang out with some of the Phillipinos at my work.  Some of the most racist fucks I've ever met.  And they should talk, they fucking stick to their kind like stink on shit.  There will always be racism unfortunately and this multi-culti love fest going on in America won't change that.  The only thing that will change racism is teaching our kids a different perspective.  Judging by some of the replies in this thread that's obviously not going to happen.  It amazes me some of the parents I meet who have bred and spread their disgusting seed around this earth. 

There is just as much hispanic/black racial crimes on each other yet the media never focuses on that.  Why????

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2008, 01:23:38 PM »
Nice bunch of assumptions... football, rugby, formula one, cricket, boxing, snooker are all huge sports in Britain.

Not as big as American football or NBA...in america, nobody cares about the sport you just listed, unless it's Soccer (football0

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2008, 02:02:35 AM »
Not as big as American football or NBA...in america, nobody cares about the sport you just listed, unless it's Soccer (football0

Comrade, you're the very reason why blacks might get unsatisfactory representation in politics and other areas where they are under represented.

Respect is a two way street, don't disrespect things you quite clearly know nothing about. Rugby and cricket are global sports.

Your second most popular sport is an English creation also.

Get some humility.
الاسلام هو شيطانية