Author Topic: LBA from trueprotein  (Read 19300 times)

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
Re: LBA from trueprotein
« Reply #150 on: November 20, 2008, 08:20:15 PM »
lol i was scared of adding sugar :-[

Go with the BSL or trueprotein premium flavor packs. the sugar in them is negligible. Also, if you email carl (at) trueprotein.com, they can fix it for you.

Jason

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #151 on: November 20, 2008, 08:22:54 PM »
Go with the BSL or trueprotein premium flavor packs. the sugar in them is negligible. Also, if you email carl (at) trueprotein.com, they can fix it for you.

Jason
cool, im going to take it as is tho. And just correct it when i order again.
A

ScottMcD1

• Getbig II
  • SAM210 saves 5% off at TrueProtein.com
« Reply #152 on: November 20, 2008, 08:24:22 PM »
No sugar in either, it's artificial sweeteners.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #153 on: November 20, 2008, 08:53:53 PM »
cool, im going to take it as is tho. And just correct it when i order again.

Yeah, a pound wouldnt really be that big of a deal. Definitely spring for it when you go big though!  definitely worth it.

Jason

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #154 on: November 22, 2008, 11:56:31 AM »
When I order, do I want the food grade bag or the jug?  I plan on ordering about 20 lbs worth.

ScottMcD1

• Getbig II
« Reply #155 on: November 22, 2008, 11:59:31 AM »
When I order, do I want the food grade bag or the jug?  I plan on ordering about 20 lbs worth.

With large quantities I always go with bags. They are cheaper and take up less space.  You could always use an old 2-10 lb jug and transfer what you need for the short term and keep the bag sealed up in a pantry out of the way till it's time to fill the jug up again.

Keep in mind the bags don't come with a scoop, you'll either need an old 70cc(regular 30 gram) scoop from old protein jugs or purchase one in the accessory section for I think 60 cents.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #156 on: November 22, 2008, 12:00:18 PM »
With large quantities I always go with bags. They are cheaper and take up less space.  You could always use an old 2-10 lb jug and transfer what you need for the short term and keep the bag sealed up in a pantry out of the way till it's time to fill the jug up again.

Keep in mind the bags don't come with a scoop, you'll either need an old 70cc(regular 30 gram) scoop from old protein jugs or purchase one in the accessory section for I think 60 cents.

Thanks for all of the great advice bro!  Appreciated.

ScottMcD1

• Getbig II
« Reply #157 on: November 22, 2008, 03:29:14 PM »
Thanks for all of the great advice bro!  Appreciated.

No problem, I thought I posted this earlier but guess it didn't go through..

What are you planning on ordering?   Let me know if you need any more help.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #158 on: November 22, 2008, 03:42:34 PM »
No problem, I thought I posted this earlier but guess it didn't go through..

What are you planning on ordering?   Let me know if you need any more help.

I was planning on getting the Whey Cold Filtered Isolate w/out any additives.  I'm going to Dave Palumbo's ketogenic diet, and this is the Whey he recommended.  Any other suggestions?

ScottMcD1

• Getbig II
« Reply #159 on: November 22, 2008, 04:09:57 PM »
I was planning on getting the Whey Cold Filtered Isolate w/out any additives.  I'm going to Dave Palumbo's ketogenic diet, and this is the Whey he recommended.  Any other suggestions?

That's a perfectly good choice for the way he does things... all I would say is be sure to get premium flavoring. If you want to split it up with multiple flavors but don't want to lose that 5% discount for ordering 16+ lbs simply order it all as say dutch chocolate and in the comments section write that you would like it 1/4 chocolate 1/4 french vanilla 1/4 banana strawberry 1/4 mint chocolate or whatever flavors you want.  They will see the note and split it up accordingly.  If you ordered 5 lbs of each flavor you would miss out on the 5% off... nice little trick :) Your other option is to order it unflavored and purchase seperate premium flavor packs so you can add whatever you want however strongly you like the flavoring but that is a little more leg work.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #160 on: November 22, 2008, 06:36:16 PM »
That's a perfectly good choice for the way he does things... all I would say is be sure to get premium flavoring. If you want to split it up with multiple flavors but don't want to lose that 5% discount for ordering 16+ lbs simply order it all as say dutch chocolate and in the comments section write that you would like it 1/4 chocolate 1/4 french vanilla 1/4 banana strawberry 1/4 mint chocolate or whatever flavors you want.  They will see the note and split it up accordingly.  If you ordered 5 lbs of each flavor you would miss out on the 5% off... nice little trick :) Your other option is to order it unflavored and purchase seperate premium flavor packs so you can add whatever you want however strongly you like the flavoring but that is a little more leg work.

I'm thinking about going with the unflavored and unsweetened option, as I am going to add peanut butter to all of my shakes.  Am I missing out by not getting flavoring added?

Also, do I get a 5% discount if I enter a discount code on top of the 16+ lb 5% discount?

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #161 on: November 23, 2008, 10:38:41 AM »
I'm thinking about going with the unflavored and unsweetened option, as I am going to add peanut butter to all of my shakes.  Am I missing out by not getting flavoring added?

Also, do I get a 5% discount if I enter a discount code on top of the 16+ lb 5% discount?

The WPI Cf is pretty bland. if you got it plain it  would be ok. And you can use the discount coe on top of the bulk discount for 10% off.

Jason

ScottMcD1

• Getbig II
« Reply #162 on: November 23, 2008, 11:27:45 AM »

You'll be fine with getting it unflavored... I had a big 30 lb bag of CF whey that I would flavor with various sugar free pudidngs, crystal light or just take it straight up if I was lazy enough.  Has a slight taste to it... but really it will take on the flavor of whatever you add to it.

It will be 10% off the protein, 5% off the entire order.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #163 on: November 26, 2008, 09:13:12 PM »
I got my custom mix today :) My friends were asking, "what's that?" I said "drugs, the F.B.I. is going to raid us any minute. Just act cool." LOL One of them was shitting bricks for a second.  ;D
Time for a taste test ;D It tasted like mildly salted water, with a hint of chocolate. No aftertaste at all. It is pretty good, no bloat or problems at all. Great mix, with some nestqik, i bet this is going to rock as a post-workout shake.
A

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #164 on: November 26, 2008, 10:11:53 PM »
I got my custom mix today :) My friends were asking, "what's that?" I said "drugs, the F.B.I. is going to raid us any minute. Just act cool." LOL One of them was shitting bricks for a second.  ;D
Time for a taste test ;D It tasted like mildly salted water, with a hint of chocolate. No aftertaste at all. It is pretty good, no bloat or problems at all. Great mix, with some nestqik, i bet this is going to rock as a post-workout shake.

The salt taste is the egg white. the premium flavors cover it really well, you dont taste it at all.  Also, good call on the blender bottle. Ive got 4 of them!

Jason

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #165 on: November 26, 2008, 10:12:56 PM »
For those who are interested tp.com is having a sale through Sunday.

Every order over $100 (before shipping) using promotional code "TURKEY08" will receive ANY bottle of capsules available on the website AND free 30g samples of each of the four new NATURAL Premium flavors!! This promotion cannot be combined with any other 5% discount code, and will expire at 11:59PM Sunday, November 30th.

Jason

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #166 on: November 27, 2008, 01:00:09 AM »
Also, good call on the blender bottle. Ive got 4 of them!

Jason
Yeah i love them. lol
A

ScottMcD1

• Getbig II
« Reply #167 on: November 27, 2008, 07:34:59 PM »
My friends/neighbors think I'm the biggest cocaine and heroin dealer in town becaue I'm regularly recieving large bags of unmarked powder lol. 

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #168 on: November 27, 2008, 07:44:39 PM »
My friends/neighbors think I'm the biggest cocaine and heroin dealer in town becaue I'm regularly recieving large bags of unmarked powder lol. 

hahaha

Jason

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #169 on: November 27, 2008, 08:22:32 PM »
Price Comparision :

LBA from Trueprotein = 16 oz $12.99

TwinLab Amino Fuel Liquid from Vitamin Shoppe 32 oz
SALE PRICE: $13.82

BodyTech Liquid Amino Acid Complex VS-2417
32 Fluid Ounces Liquid
OUR PRICE: $16.99

Both of the above from the Vitamin Shoppe website.  Those are 32oz size, not 16oz like Trueprotein.

Optimum Nutrition Amino 2222 Liquid Punch - 32 Oz
By: Optimum Nutrition DPS Price: $14.99

Twinlab Amino Fuel Liquid - 32 Oz
DPS Price: $14.97   

The above two are from the DPS Nutrition website.
Again, those are 32oz size, not 16oz size.

24 units of 16oz trueprotein LBAs will yield 384 oz.  The cost is over $300
The most expensive brand listed (Bodytech) above would only cost you $204 for 384 oz  (12 of the 32oz bottles.)  The price drops if you go with another brand.

I fail to see what make Trueprotein or the EFX brand you used to hype so much better to justify the extra cost.

no answer for this?

DOGGCRAPP

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #170 on: November 27, 2008, 09:51:55 PM »
no answer for this?

I keep seeing you say this but when you price compare dont you check apples with apples and oranges with oranges?

Do any of those 3 products you named have the same ingredients as what you are comparing them to? No they dont. Here below is what you are listing in order that you noted them........

Twin-1)Filtered water, hydrolyzed gelatin, fructose, whey protein isolate, propylene glycol, citric acid, maltodextrin, egg white hydrolysate, vegetable oil, cellulose, inositol, choline bitartrate, orange flavor, sorbic acid, sodium benzoate, methylparaben, d-calcium pantothenate, niacinamide, l-carnitine, propylparaben, vitamin B6, riboflavin 5' phosphate sodium, thiamin hydrochloride, Para aminobenzoic acid, biotin, folic acid, cyanocobalamin, l-tryptophan.

BodyT-2)USP purified water, hydrolyzed gelatin, D-fructose, citric acid, maltodextrin, whey protein isolate, egg white hydrolysate, propylene glycol, potassium sorbate, methyl paraben, propyl paraben. Contains Milk and Egg.

Opt-3)Other Ingredients: Proprietary Protein Blend (Hydrolyzed Gelatin and Ion-Exchange Whey Protein Isolate), Crystalline Fructose, Natural and Artificial Flavor, FD&C Red #40, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate.

Now if Phil wants me to make any of the above products for him and there is a demand for it, I'll absolutely destroy the prices on those products with the exact same ingredients....its a matter of whether Phil wants that product or not.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #171 on: November 28, 2008, 11:40:18 AM »
Again, what makes YOURS better?

The only info you have available (and quite hidden at that.. ) is below :

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon
Servings Per Container: 32
Amounts Per Serving
Calories 20                                    Calories from fat 0
 % Daily Value*
 Total Fat 0g                                                        0%
 Saturated Fat 0g                                                0%
 Cholesterol  0g                                                   0%
 Total Carbohydrates 5g                                     1%
 Dietary Fiber 0g                                                 
 Sugar 0g                                         
Sugar Ester 5g
 Protein 5g                                         

There is no listing of the actual amino profile breakdown or such.  Assuming you copied the other LBA formula that Phil pimped, it would have to be :

Amino Profile: Alanine 425 mg, Arginine 385 mg, Aspartic Acid 280 mg, Cystine 5 mg, Glutamic Acid 525 mg, Proline 700 mg, Glycine 1040 mg, Histidine 55 mg, Hydroxyproline 520 mg, Isoleucine 190 mg, Leucine 190 mg, Lysine 195 mg, Methionine 45 mg, Phenylalanine 120 mg, Serine 135 mg, Threonine 95 mg, Tryptophan 10 mg, Tyrosine 50 mg, Valine 145 mg

TwinLab profile : same

Again, the question isn't about those products it is about YOURS.  I simply asked why YOURS is better.

Which no reason is given except for Phil's standard "just give it a try" line.  Which really isn't a reason at all. 

If you can make claims about your product, surely you can supply the reasoning behind them.   ???

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #172 on: November 29, 2008, 12:28:46 PM »
skim milk powder

The Apprentice

• Getbig II
« Reply #173 on: November 29, 2008, 01:14:30 PM »
i just ordered from an unnamed site 15 lbs of whey protein, 15 lbs of dextrose, 24 lbs of maltodextrin for a total of $147.62.  the shipping was free.  my calculation for an order of similar ratios from truprotein is $201.55-$205.73, which includes the bulk discount, the jason pegg promo code, and the shipping cost of $44.90 to where i live.  even though the trueprotein stuff may be of superior quality, the shipping cost was a deal breaker for me.  you guys should work a better deal with shipping companies.

DOGGCRAPP

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #174 on: November 29, 2008, 03:06:51 PM »
i just ordered from an unnamed site 15 lbs of whey protein, 15 lbs of dextrose, 24 lbs of maltodextrin for a total of $147.62.  the shipping was free.  my calculation for an order of similar ratios from truprotein is $201.55-$205.73, which includes the bulk discount, the jason pegg promo code, and the shipping cost of $44.90 to where i live.  even though the trueprotein stuff may be of superior quality, the shipping cost was a deal breaker for me.  you guys should work a better deal with shipping companies.

$201.55-$205.73? Where do you come up with those figures?

That would be 153 dollars from my site for the same exact things. You do know that the Mega Pack you ordered is predominantly Whey protein concentrate correct? The regulation is you must list what is in the highest ratios by order on the label......so that just might be 99% whey protein concentrate (heck noone but Now knows)

****i did see your ordered double of the maltodextrin now so yes I think I would be around 179