Author Topic: THE BIZARRE BODYBUILDING.COM SUICIDE KID AFFAIR - The one and only thread  (Read 35576 times)

ASJChaotic

Re: Do we need a Getbig suicide to compete with BB.coms recent attention whoring?
« Reply #200 on: November 21, 2008, 01:21:09 PM »
Well I think we should nominate some people.

Has to be good looking
White
Good family
needs over 500 posts
pm's mindspin that he's natural for proof.

I'm not gonna do it, damn it  >:(

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: Do we need a Getbig suicide to compete with BB.coms recent attention whoring?
« Reply #201 on: November 21, 2008, 01:21:45 PM »
Well I think we should nominate some people.

Has to be good looking
White
Good family
needs over 500 posts
pm's mindspin that he's natural for proof.

I also think it should be someone who has posted pics, just so we know the guy isn't just paying someone off the streets to off himself for us, then just starting another account and laughing at us for being naive. I would hate to be scammed like that.
E

ASJChaotic

« Reply #202 on: November 21, 2008, 01:21:48 PM »
If Bluto loves GetBig as much as he claims he does he needs to step up and get the job done.  Stop pussyfooting and jam that screwdriver through your neck already.
I say he should jump in boiling water, that'll be entertaining

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #203 on: November 21, 2008, 01:22:00 PM »
I nominate Daddy Waddy!  :)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #204 on: November 21, 2008, 01:23:39 PM »
"I almost died for you bitches!"

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
« Reply #205 on: November 21, 2008, 01:25:38 PM »
sorry for not finding this thread funny

mikediesel

• Getbig III
« Reply #206 on: November 21, 2008, 01:29:28 PM »
Classic thread by danielson  ;D

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #207 on: November 21, 2008, 01:29:43 PM »
I nominate Daddy Waddy!  :)
he alreaddy started, we need someone that will catch people by surprise, another junkie ODing on heroin doesnt make the news
The Number 2 in Scranton

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #208 on: November 21, 2008, 01:30:11 PM »
sorry for not finding this thread funny

Come back tomorrow, when your other personality is in charge.  8)

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #209 on: November 21, 2008, 01:31:10 PM »
Perhaps MooseGay has already taken care of it for us

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #210 on: November 21, 2008, 01:31:35 PM »
I nominate GH15

ASJChaotic

« Reply #211 on: November 21, 2008, 01:32:57 PM »
I wonder how "onlyme" is feeling  ;D

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: November 21, 2008, 01:37:27 PM »
It looks like Flexington Steele already did

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
News Articles Related to the Bodybuilding.com Suicide
« Reply #213 on: November 21, 2008, 01:37:28 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,455945,00.html

A Florida teenager committed suicide before a live webcam audience after posting messages online about his plan to kill himself, an official told FOXNews.com on Friday.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gtO167ywBhMURgOmp4ScpR7rBdvgD94JFG600

Abraham Biggs, 19, died Wednesday from a toxic combination of opiates and benzodiazepine, a drug used to treat insomnia and depression, said Wendy Crane, an investigator with the Broward County medical examiner's office. At least one of the drugs was prescribed to him and it's unclear how he got the others, Crane said.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1233188/teenager_abraham_k_biggs_commits_suicide.html

It is alleged that some users have deleted their posts from the forum. In light of the ongoing court case involving the suicide of 13-year-old Megan Meier as a result of alleged cyberbullying from neighbor Lori Drew, users fear that they may in some way be held responsible are well grounded.

http://www.reuters.com/article/internetNews/idUSTRE4AK6J420081121

The Miami Herald newspaper said another suicide in Broward County was broadcast live on the Internet a few years ago.

Last year, a 42-year-old man killed himself in front of a webcam in what was believed to be Britain's first suicide on the Internet. Viewers saw him climb onto a chair, tie a rope around a ceiling joist and hang himself.

The Bodybuilding.com thread and the YouTube video have been deleted, but here's his MySpace:

http://www.myspace.com/http://www.myspace.com/forgettingthepastagain

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #214 on: November 21, 2008, 01:39:01 PM »
It looks like Flexington Steele already did

We gotta get some good press like that.
E

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: News Articles Related to the Bodybuilding.com Suicide
« Reply #215 on: November 21, 2008, 01:43:10 PM »
people should have helped him out.

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #216 on: November 21, 2008, 01:44:35 PM »
A sad day for the Goodrum family.
The Number 2 in Scranton

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: November 21, 2008, 01:45:48 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,455945,00.html

A Florida teenager committed suicide before a live webcam audience after posting messages online about his plan to kill himself, an official told FOXNews.com on Friday.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gtO167ywBhMURgOmp4ScpR7rBdvgD94JFG600

Abraham Biggs, 19, died Wednesday from a toxic combination of opiates and benzodiazepine, a drug used to treat insomnia and depression, said Wendy Crane, an investigator with the Broward County medical examiner's office. At least one of the drugs was prescribed to him and it's unclear how he got the others, Crane said.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1233188/teenager_abraham_k_biggs_commits_suicide.html

It is alleged that some users have deleted their posts from the forum. In light of the ongoing court case involving the suicide of 13-year-old Megan Meier as a result of alleged cyberbullying from neighbor Lori Drew, users fear that they may in some way be held responsible are well grounded.

http://www.reuters.com/article/internetNews/idUSTRE4AK6J420081121

The Miami Herald newspaper said another suicide in Broward County was broadcast live on the Internet a few years ago.

Last year, a 42-year-old man killed himself in front of a webcam in what was believed to be Britain's first suicide on the Internet. Viewers saw him climb onto a chair, tie a rope around a ceiling joist and hang himself.

The Bodybuilding.com thread and the YouTube video have been deleted, but here's his MySpace:

http://www.myspace.com/http://www.myspace.com/forgettingthepastagain

I raise you a video

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Re: Bodybuilding.com member kills himself on webcamera
« Reply #218 on: November 21, 2008, 03:01:58 PM »
Everyone has problems. I mean there are dudes working 16 hours a week in third world countries and this little drama queens addicted to pills decides to off himself due to minor emotional and drug problems. He should have dealt with it like so many of us do, and HE should have triumphed, as he's in a country of hope and opportunity. He's a little pussy and the world is better off without his weak ass. 

Why would anyone kill himself over minor emotional problems? Think about it. Everyone thinks of suicide sometime, however fleetingly. But to take that step, in most instances, means severe mental issues. I wouldn't say it's an easy solution; I couldn't do it. You probably couldn't either, and wouldn't want to anyway, since you aren't as messed up.

Here's a wikipedia entry, from two points of view

Suicide and mental illness

Studies show a high incidence of psychiatric disorders in suicide victims at the time of their death with the total figure ranging from 98%[33] to 87.3%[34] with mood disorders and substance abuse being the two most common. A person diagnosed with schizophrenia may commit suicide for a number of reasons, including because of depression. Suicide among people suffering from bipolar disorder is often an impulse, which is due to the sufferer's extreme mood swings (one of the main symptoms of bipolar disorder), or also possibly an outcome of delusions occurring during an episode of mania or psychotic depression. Major depressive disorder is associated with a higher than average rate of suicide, especially in men.
World map of suicide rates per 100,000.

Criticism

Many studies measuring incidence of psychiatric disorder in suicides employ after-the-fact diagnosis. Such studies are often criticized for lack of objectivity. The main argument is that a decision of the psychiatrist is biased if he believes that suicidal people must be mentally ill. This bias is indirectly confirmed by statistics: "the highest estimate of mental illness when a sample had been diagnosed before suicide was 22 percent. Afterward the highest estimate was 90 percent."[35]

Use of after-the-fact diagnosis may lead to a kind of tautology. In simple words, "We say, in essence, 'All people who attempt suicide are mentally ill.' If someone asks, 'How do you know they are mentally ill?' the implied answer is, 'Because only mentally ill persons would try to commit suicide.'[36]

So make up your own mind. I have a hard time believing most suicides aren't very depressed or don't have other mental disorders.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #219 on: November 21, 2008, 03:07:53 PM »
has the family made a statement yet?..

I am sure there is some politician out there that is going propose a law that will require live video sites and possible message boards register the real name and addresses or users, via  a credit card check, and ban minors. Wait, maybe they do already, how did the police find him so fast?

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #220 on: November 21, 2008, 03:21:04 PM »
will prob be linked to steroids.

Guy clearly had issues. Sad for his family more than anything else

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
« Reply #221 on: November 21, 2008, 03:55:23 PM »
Regarding this situation, I have thought about it a lot over the last 24.  

As most of you know on here know, I have bipolar depression and borderline personality disorder.  That kid talked about how bb.com was like all he had etc etc.  Look, as lame as it sounds, getbig.com is my outlet and one of the few joys I have.  I have very very few friends in real life because I am hard to hang out with as I tend to change moods ultra quick.  I don't leave my apartment much because I am prone to violence in public.  So ya, its weak, but getbig is like a little community for me that I dont have irl.  

I think about suicide a lot, but not in the manner of running out and doing it.  For years I have struggled with voices at times that tell me to just go out and do it.  I did the pill thing once also, not much fun having a 3 foot plastic tube shoved into your stomach through your mouth.  Ya, I get fucked up, but offing myself is a selfish thing to do and I do anything in my power to beat that issue.  And to do it on camera, man I just don't get that.  But I do understand what that kid was going through, and I feel for his family.  It's been tough on my family too, and I hate putting them through this shit.

The people who egged him on and especially the one who phoned him and told him to die homo, I hope karma meets them one day.  No matter whether they are serious or not, when someone is talking about killing themself, take it seriously and don't be retarded and tell them to go for it.

In essence, I relate strongly to that kid who did that yesterday.  I think what he did was shitty, but depression can be a huge struggle.  And to people who say "snap out of it" or "its in your head"--fuck you.  Anyways, I just wanted to vent about what happened, thats all.

cliff notes:
bb.com kid kills self
sometimes internet community is all we have
I have depression and borderline personality disorder
suicide is lame--but I understand
people who egged him get bad karma
just me venting blah blah blah

Good post.  You're a good man and a valued member of GetBig.

sad2see

• Time Out
  • Getbig I
Bodybuilding suicide blog >>>>>
« Reply #222 on: November 21, 2008, 04:26:52 PM »
Hi people...

I'm glad I could create an account here.

I'm not sure if they are aware of this at bodybuilding.com or not. I tried to register over there but for whatever reason their system isn't sending me my activation information.

Anyways, I wanted to express my sympathy for the guy (Abraham K. Biggs) that commited suicide. It really is a sad situation. 

There's a blog going on about the suicide at www.bodybuildingsuicide. com

Army of One

• Getbig V
Re: Bodybuilding suicide blog >>>>>
« Reply #223 on: November 21, 2008, 04:28:21 PM »
PIP.

spinnis

Re: Bodybuilding suicide blog >>>>>
« Reply #224 on: November 21, 2008, 04:28:53 PM »
who the fuck gives a flying fuck.
People kill themself every day.