Author Topic: Sarah Palin Interviewed While Turkeys are Being Slaughtered  (Read 8704 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Sarah Palin Interviewed While Turkeys are Being Slaughtered
« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2008, 01:32:39 PM »
what? everything that has been leveled against her is by her own doing, like this video.

She is stupid, not even close to fit to run for president of the united states, how cant you see this. the prank call, the couric inteview, the magazine question, this video etc etc etc...

clearly not the brightest. Nothing but the cream of the crop should be viable for election. You let smart people research, do medicine and engineering but when it comes to running the country this moron with an 100 iq could be in the running? ridiculous. Let the smart people run the nation like they run everything else.

If ZERO were given the same scrutiny as she has gotten, he would be mocked as well. 

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2008, 02:01:48 PM »
what? everything that has been leveled against her is by her own doing, like this video.

She is stupid, not even close to fit to run for president of the united states, how cant you see this. the prank call, the couric inteview, the magazine question, this video etc etc etc...

clearly not the brightest. Nothing but the cream of the crop should be viable for election. You let smart people research, do medicine and engineering but when it comes to running the country this moron with an 100 iq could be in the running? ridiculous. Let the smart people run the nation like they run everything else.

do you believe everything that partisan political pundits say on tv?  is there a little spoon that comes out from the tv and gets poured ever so gently into your head?  the media did what they wanted to with her.  was she a great vp candidate?  no.  but was the media overwhelmingly biased against her?  yes absolutely. 

did i vote for her?  no.  i dont think she was qualified.  but do i think she is stupid?  lol.  no i dont.  if you ever want people with at least a little bit of intelligence to take you seriously,  quit attacking a woman for trying her best in a lose lose situation.  go spew your hatred somewhere else.  i sense that most people who exhibit this type of hatred for a person that they've never met have something missing in their life. 

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2008, 04:38:45 PM »
God she's video still caption: "people who post stuff like this are pitiful"

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2008, 05:39:11 PM »
Actually dumb is looking for a hypoallergenic dog for your kid and making it public........when there is no such thing.

That's not true... A Bichon Frise doesn't shed and has hair like a human.

It's not "fur".

It is hypoallergenic in every sense.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #104 on: November 21, 2008, 06:52:00 PM »
Actually dumb is looking for a hypoallergenic dog for your kid and making it public........when there is no such thing.

Joe, ...they're simply looking for a dog that will not trigger their daughter's allergy. What's so stupid about that?
w

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #105 on: November 21, 2008, 08:01:16 PM »
Joe, ...they're simply looking for a dog that will not trigger their daughter's allergy. What's so stupid about that?

Considering the source of the input... stupid is as stupid does.

The Coach

« Reply #106 on: November 21, 2008, 08:50:14 PM »
Poodles and schnauzers are considered hypoallergenic because they have hair rather than fur. Someone in the family is obviously allergic to fur.

No such thing. Allergies don't come from the fur or hair but rather skin and saliva.

The Coach

« Reply #107 on: November 21, 2008, 08:55:50 PM »

HAHAHAHA joeloco ownd again, is he ever correct on anything?

joe do you know anything?

Owned again numbnuts, Busted, when will you even learn......

Obama Family Wants a Dog That Won't Trigger Dog Allergy in Daughter; What Are Their Options?
By Miranda Hitti
WebMD Health NewsReviewed by Brunilda Nazario, MDNov. 12, 2008 -- Hypoallergenic dogs have gotten a lot of buzz lately as the Obama family searches for a dog to bring with them to the White House -- without triggering dog allergies in older Obama daughter, Malia.

A quick glance at the Internet shows lots of web sites devoted to "hypoallergenic dogs" and "hypoallergenic dog breeds." But no dog may be free of potential allergens, cautions allergy and asthma expert Corinna Bowser, MD, of Havertown, Pa.

WebMD talked with Bowser about hypoallergenic dogs and dog allergies -- and what the Obamas might consider to help avoid triggering Malia's dog allergy.

(How do pets and allergy sufferers co-exist in your home? Share your suggestions on WebMD's Allergy Support Group message board.)

Is there such a thing as a hypoallergenic dog?
"I don't think there is such a thing as a hypoallergenic dog," Bowser tells WebMD.

She explains that the major allergen in dogs is a protein found in dog serum, and dogs excrete that allergen in sweat and shed it from their skin. "It also gets secreted into the saliva, and possibly a little bit in the urine," Bowser says.

Since all dogs have that protein, no dog is completely allergy-free, according to Bowser.

Karl Jandrey, DVM, an assistant professor at the University of California, Davis' School of Veterinary Medicine, agrees with Bowser. "There really is no truly allergy-free dog," Jandrey tells WebMD via email. But Jandrey also notes that "low-allergen" dog breeds may include poodle, bichon frise, and Maltese.

What about dog breeds?
Bowser says she didn't find much evidence in medical literature about dog breeds being better or worse for allergies.

But she did find a German study, published this year, that tracked allergies among people exposed to various dog breeds. "They said factors related to individual dogs seem to influence the allergenicity more than breed or gender, which I thought was interesting," says Bowser.

In other words, it was a dog-by-dog issue more than a breed-by-breed issue in that particular study, which Bowser says is the only one she found that involved specialized allergy tests.

Jandrey agrees that "some people who have been allergic to one dog may be less allergic to other dog breeds or individual [dogs] within the same breed."

Does the dog's size or hair length matter?
"The size of dog could matter in terms of the overall amount of allergen," with smaller dogs contributing less allergen, says Bowser.

"Hair length could have something to do with how it spreads in the house," Bowser says. She explains that shorter dog hairs may not stick as much as long hair to furniture, clothes, and other surfaces, "so maybe the allergen does not stick as much, but the amount of allergen should be the same."

What about dogs with no hair? "Hairless animals have a lower allergenicity but the dander from the skin can still pose a problem for anyone sensitive to it," Jandrey says.

Obama Family Wants a Dog That Won't Trigger Dog Allergy in Daughter; What Are Their Options?(continued)
So are all dogs off limits to the Obamas?
Bowser has no ties to the Obamas, but she says that "if this was my patient ... I would say it's probably better not to get a dog."

"Of course, now he [Obama] made the promise and he kind of has to," she says. So Bowser recommends doing two things before bringing a puppy home: Dog-sit and see how Malia's allergies fare, and set some rules about how they'll handle any allergy issues.

"What we tell our patients is draw an imaginary line in the sand. If the child has an ER visit for asthma or needs significantly more medication, or whatever you want to determine as the line, that's when the dog has to go. And set these rules ahead of time, because then everybody knows that's when the dog has to go," Bowser says.

What can a family do once they've brought a dog home?
Here are Bowser's tips:

Keep the dog out of the allergic child's bedroom, since the child spends a lot of time there.
Wash your hands after petting the dog.
Keep the house clean.
Consider using an air purifier.
Bowser speaks from experience. She's allergic to cats, but her husband had a cat when they married. So their cat is banned from their bedroom, and they use air filters; she washes her hands after petting the cat so that she doesn't rub her eyes and wind up with swollen, itchy eyes.

Bowser also mentions the "hygiene hypothesis," which holds that exposure to animals and less-than-sterile environments may reduce the risk of developing allergies.

Could a dog allergy fade?
Allergies to dogs and cats may shift over time, notes Bowser.

For instance, she says some patients who grew up with a dog develop symptoms of dog allergies after being away from home for a long time, such as college students returning home for the holidays. "They visit their parents for Thanksgiving ... and they have symptoms where they never had symptoms before," says Bowser.

"We know of certain allergens that are always bad for people with allergies. For example, the dust mite or cockroach -- they're always bad. But dog or cat are kind of in the gray zone," Bowser says, adding that she's getting used to her husband's cat. "That's my experience," she says. "I'm actually not really doing bad with this cat."

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: November 21, 2008, 10:49:38 PM »
Hair or fur has nothing to do with a persons allergic reaction to a dog. Whoever thinks that has no idea what they are talking about. Most dogs have hair, not fur.

oh ok, explain to me what the difference is then. What type of hypersensitivity are we taking? type 1 with ige, or maybe type four with memory t cells, spill the beans.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: November 21, 2008, 10:54:22 PM »
Owned again numbnuts, Busted, when will you even learn......

Obama Family Wants a Dog That Won't Trigger Dog Allergy in Daughter; What Are Their Options?
By Miranda Hitti
WebMD Health NewsReviewed by Brunilda Nazario, MDNov. 12, 2008 -- Hypoallergenic dogs have gotten a lot of buzz lately as the Obama family searches for a dog to bring with them to the White House -- without triggering dog allergies in older Obama daughter, Malia.

A quick glance at the Internet shows lots of web sites devoted to "hypoallergenic dogs" and "hypoallergenic dog breeds." But no dog may be free of potential allergens, cautions allergy and asthma expert Corinna Bowser, MD, of Havertown, Pa.

WebMD talked with Bowser about hypoallergenic dogs and dog allergies -- and what the Obamas might consider to help avoid triggering Malia's dog allergy.

(How do pets and allergy sufferers co-exist in your home? Share your suggestions on WebMD's Allergy Support Group message board.)

Is there such a thing as a hypoallergenic dog?
"I don't think there is such a thing as a hypoallergenic dog," Bowser tells WebMD.

She explains that the major allergen in dogs is a protein found in dog serum, and dogs excrete that allergen in sweat and shed it from their skin. "It also gets secreted into the saliva, and possibly a little bit in the urine," Bowser says.

Since all dogs have that protein, no dog is completely allergy-free, according to Bowser.

Karl Jandrey, DVM, an assistant professor at the University of California, Davis' School of Veterinary Medicine, agrees with Bowser. "There really is no truly allergy-free dog," Jandrey tells WebMD via email. But Jandrey also notes that "low-allergen" dog breeds may include poodle, bichon frise, and Maltese.

What about dog breeds?
Bowser says she didn't find much evidence in medical literature about dog breeds being better or worse for allergies.

But she did find a German study, published this year, that tracked allergies among people exposed to various dog breeds. "They said factors related to individual dogs seem to influence the allergenicity more than breed or gender, which I thought was interesting," says Bowser.

In other words, it was a dog-by-dog issue more than a breed-by-breed issue in that particular study, which Bowser says is the only one she found that involved specialized allergy tests.

Jandrey agrees that "some people who have been allergic to one dog may be less allergic to other dog breeds or individual [dogs] within the same breed."

Does the dog's size or hair length matter?
"The size of dog could matter in terms of the overall amount of allergen," with smaller dogs contributing less allergen, says Bowser.

"Hair length could have something to do with how it spreads in the house," Bowser says. She explains that shorter dog hairs may not stick as much as long hair to furniture, clothes, and other surfaces, "so maybe the allergen does not stick as much, but the amount of allergen should be the same."

What about dogs with no hair? "Hairless animals have a lower allergenicity but the dander from the skin can still pose a problem for anyone sensitive to it," Jandrey says.

Obama Family Wants a Dog That Won't Trigger Dog Allergy in Daughter; What Are Their Options?(continued)
So are all dogs off limits to the Obamas?
Bowser has no ties to the Obamas, but she says that "if this was my patient ... I would say it's probably better not to get a dog."

"Of course, now he [Obama] made the promise and he kind of has to," she says. So Bowser recommends doing two things before bringing a puppy home: Dog-sit and see how Malia's allergies fare, and set some rules about how they'll handle any allergy issues.

"What we tell our patients is draw an imaginary line in the sand. If the child has an ER visit for asthma or needs significantly more medication, or whatever you want to determine as the line, that's when the dog has to go. And set these rules ahead of time, because then everybody knows that's when the dog has to go," Bowser says.

What can a family do once they've brought a dog home?
Here are Bowser's tips:

Keep the dog out of the allergic child's bedroom, since the child spends a lot of time there.
Wash your hands after petting the dog.
Keep the house clean.
Consider using an air purifier.
Bowser speaks from experience. She's allergic to cats, but her husband had a cat when they married. So their cat is banned from their bedroom, and they use air filters; she washes her hands after petting the cat so that she doesn't rub her eyes and wind up with swollen, itchy eyes.

Bowser also mentions the "hygiene hypothesis," which holds that exposure to animals and less-than-sterile environments may reduce the risk of developing allergies.

Could a dog allergy fade?
Allergies to dogs and cats may shift over time, notes Bowser.

For instance, she says some patients who grew up with a dog develop symptoms of dog allergies after being away from home for a long time, such as college students returning home for the holidays. "They visit their parents for Thanksgiving ... and they have symptoms where they never had symptoms before," says Bowser.

"We know of certain allergens that are always bad for people with allergies. For example, the dust mite or cockroach -- they're always bad. But dog or cat are kind of in the gray zone," Bowser says, adding that she's getting used to her husband's cat. "That's my experience," she says. "I'm actually not really doing bad with this cat."

do you  really want to go down this road with me?

seriously is that suppose to be a credible source. post something from a journal of allergology and i will consider your response. is this md even involved in allergy or is this just a gp? seriously, i havent even researched this person but knowing you i fear the worst, she is a quack or a laymen in the field of allergy. You know there is a specilization for allergists right? GP;s know very little about allergy my friend. Im drunk as shit so i will respond fully tom, but i would advise you stop the nonsese.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #110 on: November 21, 2008, 11:25:45 PM »

How about looking for a president that doesn't trigger the world and nation allergy to him?  ;)

Damn...that was mean...lets all get closer together and praise the lord while we chant "god damn America"  :-*

BTW did Obama already released when he is gonna pardon Rezco?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #111 on: November 21, 2008, 11:28:16 PM »
Romney was never a lib.

Romney’s Liberal Economic Record (vanity)

Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2008 1:29:19 AM by a77

A myth coming out of the Romney camp is that he is the ‘economy candidate’. The problem is, and we’ve seen this movie before, his rhetoric doesn’t match his record. His four-year record as Governor of Massachusetts shows a substantial increase in fees and taxes, low job growth, and a large exodus of residents from the state. As Michael Widmer, president of the independent Massachusetts Taxpayers Foundation, told Reuters, "There's never been under his watch an economic turnaround to speak of," further saying, "We added a few jobs over the last three years of his tenure but very few. He also raised corporate taxes and fees and the (deficit) gap turned out to be less than $3 billion."

Governor Romney has made a habit of making inaccurate claims about his record throughout this race, but ironically you don’t even have to go back that far to see that Governor Romney is not a fiscal conservative. First, he supported farm and ethanol subsidies in Iowa. Senator McCain was considered politically crazy for not pandering to Iowans and stated his opposition to farm and ethanol subsidies relaying his dedication to free trade principles. In Michigan Governor Romney offered voters a $20 billion bailout to the auto industry, not something a fiscal conservative would do. Senator McCain instead told the truth that many of these jobs are not coming back, and offered a retraining program for displaced workers. Now that the race is headed down to Florida Governor Romney is offering incentives to the elderly. Governor Romney’s claim of being conservative is not only a turn-around from his record in Massachusetts, they’re a turn-around from statements he made just a few weeks ago.

Now the Governor is criticizing Senator McCain’s position on the Bush Tax Cuts. Senator McCain has clearly stated that he wanted spending cuts to accompany tax cuts, and if you look at his record and the record of congress over the last eight years its clear that there has been a massive government spending problem that he has battled against. He supports extending the tax cuts because a repeal would be practically the same as a tax increase, which he has never supported. That is a fiscal conservative. Now Governor Romney is offering a huge economic stimulus package the dwarfs President Bush’s. That is not a good thing, and not a conservative thing, that money has to come from somewhere, which in the end means it comes from the voters pockets. Senator McCain instead offers a series of corporate tax breaks, and tax incentives for start-up businesses and for research and development. Choosing to focus on stimulating growth and ingenuity over massive bailouts. The beauty and the frustration of running against a candidate such as Governor Romney whose rhetoric doesn’t match his record is that there is plenty of documentation to show what his record really is. So feel free to not believe me just check the record, and learn for yourself that this newly dubbed ‘economy candidate’ looks a lot like a Liberal.

The Coach

« Reply #112 on: November 21, 2008, 11:29:02 PM »

seriously is that suppose to be a credible source. post something from a journal of allergology and i will consider your response. is this md even involved in allergy or is this just a gp? seriously, i havent even researched this person but knowing you i fear the worst, she is a quack or a laymen in the field of allergy. You know there is a specilization for allergists right? GP;s know very little about allergy my friend. Im drunk as shit so i will respond fully tom, but i would advise you stop the nonsese.

Yes, how stupid of me to not post anything more credible than "WEB MD". Perhaps you have something more credible from CNN ::)?

Good job. Keep on drinking, you obviously need it ::)

The Coach

« Reply #113 on: November 21, 2008, 11:34:40 PM »

Saved for posterity.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: November 22, 2008, 09:13:29 AM »
Yes, how stupid of me to not post anything more credible than "WEB MD". Perhaps you have something more credible from CNN ::)?

Good job. Keep on drinking, you obviously need it ::)

sorry what you posted was an opinon, and no webmd is not a credible source unless it has references. I wont take someones opinion. Is there such thing as a hypoallergenic dog? "i dont think so" , bwhaha ya that sounds definitive.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: November 22, 2008, 11:31:05 AM »
Ok.  Dont eat turkey on thanksgiving if you feel that strongly about it.  While your at it, dont eat hamburger, steak, or beef because you probably would object to how they kill those animals too.   Did I mention chickens?????  Oh - how about shark steaks??????

You clowns and fools who want to be divorced from the ugliness behind many aspects of life are choosing to remain ignorant about how food comes to your plate.  Do I like watchingt that? No.  However, I am not naive and ignorant to how many things happen in this world like you obviously are.   

As far as the law - I have a law practice and another business going, so go back to your dorm room and jerk yourself off again to Olbermann. 

Haha you're a lawyer?  LMAO!  That's what I was saying moron.  There ARE LAWS protecting animal welfare and animal slaughter in this country.  I'm VERY WELL aware of how food is produced in this country hence why I buy all my meat, poultry, eggs, milk from local farmers and co-ops.  I know exactly how the animals that feed me are treated and slaughtered.  My turkey this year will come from a free range pasture poultry farm.  Everyone in this country has a choice to be informed and educated themselves.  Most are either lazy or are like you and say I'm informed but what can I do about it?  Spend an extra $1 a pound or $1 a carton on meat and eggs if you want to make a difference. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #116 on: November 22, 2008, 11:33:14 AM »
Haha you're a lawyer?  LMAO!  That's what I was saying moron.  There ARE LAWS protecting animal welfare and animal slaughter in this country.  I'm VERY WELL aware of how food is produced in this country hence why I buy all my meat, poultry, eggs, milk from local farmers and co-ops.  I know exactly how the animals that feed me are treated and slaughtered.  My turkey this year will come from a free range pasture poultry farm.  Everyone in this country has a choice to be informed and educated themselves.  Most are either lazy or are like you and say I'm informed but what can I do about it?  Spend an extra $1 a pound or $1 a carton on meat and eggs if you want to make a difference. 

Did you ever think that maybe this issue is of more importance to you than others?????

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: November 22, 2008, 11:49:11 AM »
Did you ever think that maybe this issue is of more importance to you than others?????

Oh absolutey.  Most people live their lives with in their little bubble with their head buried in the sand spending their meaningless lives watching Monday night football or Dancing with the stars.  I don't know what's worse..........being ignorant about the issue or actually knowing what goes on and refusing to change your lifestyle because it's not important. 

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #118 on: November 22, 2008, 12:28:41 PM »
Romney’s Liberal Economic Record (vanity)

Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2008 1:29:19 AM by a77

A myth coming out of the Romney camp is that he is the ‘economy candidate’. The problem is, and we’ve seen this movie before, his rhetoric doesn’t match his record. His four-year record as Governor of Massachusetts shows a substantial increase in fees and taxes, low job growth, and a large exodus of residents from the state. As Michael Widmer, president of the independent Massachusetts Taxpayers Foundation, told Reuters, "There's never been under his watch an economic turnaround to speak of," further saying, "We added a few jobs over the last three years of his tenure but very few. He also raised corporate taxes and fees and the (deficit) gap turned out to be less than $3 billion."

Governor Romney has made a habit of making inaccurate claims about his record throughout this race, but ironically you don’t even have to go back that far to see that Governor Romney is not a fiscal conservative. First, he supported farm and ethanol subsidies in Iowa. Senator McCain was considered politically crazy for not pandering to Iowans and stated his opposition to farm and ethanol subsidies relaying his dedication to free trade principles. In Michigan Governor Romney offered voters a $20 billion bailout to the auto industry, not something a fiscal conservative would do. Senator McCain instead told the truth that many of these jobs are not coming back, and offered a retraining program for displaced workers. Now that the race is headed down to Florida Governor Romney is offering incentives to the elderly. Governor Romney’s claim of being conservative is not only a turn-around from his record in Massachusetts, they’re a turn-around from statements he made just a few weeks ago.

Now the Governor is criticizing Senator McCain’s position on the Bush Tax Cuts. Senator McCain has clearly stated that he wanted spending cuts to accompany tax cuts, and if you look at his record and the record of congress over the last eight years its clear that there has been a massive government spending problem that he has battled against. He supports extending the tax cuts because a repeal would be practically the same as a tax increase, which he has never supported. That is a fiscal conservative. Now Governor Romney is offering a huge economic stimulus package the dwarfs President Bush’s. That is not a good thing, and not a conservative thing, that money has to come from somewhere, which in the end means it comes from the voters pockets. Senator McCain instead offers a series of corporate tax breaks, and tax incentives for start-up businesses and for research and development. Choosing to focus on stimulating growth and ingenuity over massive bailouts. The beauty and the frustration of running against a candidate such as Governor Romney whose rhetoric doesn’t match his record is that there is plenty of documentation to show what his record really is. So feel free to not believe me just check the record, and learn for yourself that this newly dubbed ‘economy candidate’ looks a lot like a Liberal.

You should do a little research on the LDS. They are not Liberals in any way. Mitt Romney was raised in the Mormon church, went to BYU and was a Mormon Missionary. Mitt Romney's beliefs and extremely Conservative.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #119 on: November 22, 2008, 12:48:49 PM »
Romney had a strong anti-gun voting record as gover of mass.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: November 22, 2008, 01:04:55 PM »
Romney's a corporate suit douchebag like most politicians. 

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #121 on: November 22, 2008, 06:06:39 PM »
I've read "Skinny Bitch" which is basically about becoming organic and/or vegan.
The graphic detail about animal slaughter, farming, harvesting was enough to make me stop eating red meat.

Now, I would NOT give up my meat eating lifestyle, it did make me more aware of the practices of meat from the "farm to my table".

With this Palin interview, it was just bad  politics for her to on one hand save a turkey and then stand in front of a butchering of other turkeys.

You have got to see the stupidity of her being in that shot, especially if she was unaware of the impact of the visual of what was going on as she spoke.

Politics is about smoke and mirrors.
Being on the campaign trail with McCain....That lesson has not sunk in with Gov. Palin.

I see that she is a smart, decent person who I could relate to as a neighbor and PTA leader,mayor of my small town.
We chit chat about the kids, married life, politics...We know what is going on, but don't have the "inside dirt" on the national level.

If you need to step your game up.....no bloody turkey slaughter background during your televisesed speech,  Unless that is the topic of your press conference.
Sandra

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #122 on: November 22, 2008, 07:02:09 PM »

If you need to step your game up.....no bloody turkey slaughter background during your televisesed speech,  Unless that is the topic of your press conference.
Sandra

Interestingly enough, the photographer asked her if she wanted another backdrop for the interview and she said that one was fine. What an idiot. Can anybody even remember what she said? No. That's why she not only has no political savvy, ...but also no common sense.
w

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #123 on: November 22, 2008, 07:34:11 PM »
I've read "Skinny Bitch" which is basically about becoming organic and/or vegan.
The graphic detail about animal slaughter, farming, harvesting was enough to make me stop eating red meat.

Now, I would NOT give up my meat eating lifestyle, it did make me more aware of the practices of meat from the "farm to my table".

With this Palin interview, it was just bad  politics for her to on one hand save a turkey and then stand in front of a butchering of other turkeys.

You have got to see the stupidity of her being in that shot, especially if she was unaware of the impact of the visual of what was going on as she spoke.

Politics is about smoke and mirrors.
Being on the campaign trail with McCain....That lesson has not sunk in with Gov. Palin.

I see that she is a smart, decent person who I could relate to as a neighbor and PTA leader,mayor of my small town.
We chit chat about the kids, married life, politics...We know what is going on, but don't have the "inside dirt" on the national level.

Sandra

I've read skinny bitch...Although reading about the slaughter does something to the human soul, seeing a live video like in the movie "Earthlings" just brings it to a whole new level...