Author Topic: 2008 NPC Nationals Prejudging Review & Pics  (Read 63374 times)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
2008 NPC Nationals Prejudging Review & Pics
« on: November 21, 2008, 08:30:18 PM »
How I saw the show go down.

Supers - The show looks like it belongs to Nunn but props to Atoyan for being at what looks to be his all-time best. Steve Kuclo also brought his best and will be in a top five spot. At 23 years old Steve showed loads of potential. Tre Brewer looks tons better than Jr. Nationals with a much more stream-lined physique.

Heavyweights - It looks like a battle between Alvisi, Liberatore and Huh. I'd actually give the nod to Jason Huh as he has a better back than Liberatore. Alvisi looked like he has better shape and in better conditioning than Liberatore. Liberatore will most likely take the class though.

Light-Heavy - Peter Putnam will take this class but he was far from his best. He had the worst tanning in the whole show as he was turning green in spots. He did get harder as he posed and has great wheels. Peter will most likely breathe a sigh of relief tomorrow as he was able to be good enough to beat the others. Ron Avidan feels Al Auguste took the class by a bit over Peter. Al Auguste looks to be in the runner-up spot with Chulsey Graham in third. I'd go Darrell Terrell fourth.

Middleweight - I have Guy Cisternino winning this class with Jeff Cook in second. Ronald Torres in third and Kam Gallman fourth.

Welterwight - I have Jocelyn Jean in first and JB Bartlett in second. Theodore Atkins in third. Atkins has a ton of potential and watch out for this guy in the future. Mark Ritter in fourth and Kevin Ofurum in fifth.

Lightweight could go between Marvin Ward and Leonardo Racheco.

Elevate Your Image.™

The Coach

Re: NPC Nationals Prejudging Review & Pics
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 08:37:52 PM »
How I saw the show go down.

Supers - The show looks like it belongs to Nunn but props to Atoyan for being at what looks to be his all-time best. Steve Kuclo also brought his best and will be in a top five spot. At 23 years old Steve showed loads of potential. Tre Brewer looks tons better than Jr. Nationals with a much more stream-lined physique.

Heavyweights - It looks like a battle between Alvisi, Liberatore and Huh. I'd actually give the nod to Jason Huh as he has a better back than Liberatore. Alvisi looked like he has better shape and in better conditioning than Liberatore. Liberatore will most likely take the class though.

Light-Heavy - Peter Putnam will take this class but he was far from his best. He had the worst tanning in the whole show as he was turning green in spots. He did get harder as he posed and has great wheels. Peter will most likely breathe a sigh of relief tomorrow as he was able to be good enough to beat the others. Ron Avidan feels Al Auguste took the class by a bit over Peter. Al Auguste looks to be in the runner-up spot with Chulsey Graham in third. I'd go Darrell Terrell fourth.

Middleweight - I have Guy Cisternino winning this class with Jeff Cook in second. Ronald Torres in third and Kam Gallman fourth.

Welterwight - I have Jocelyn Jean in first and JB Bartlett in second. Theodore Atkins in third. Atkins has a ton of potential and watch out for this guy in the future. Mark Ritter in fourth and Kevin Ofurum in fifth.

Lightweight could go between Marvin Ward and Leonardo Racheco.

Where do you think Dan Decker placed?

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 08:44:46 PM »
thanks for the info     I have class tonight.   I rarely ever follow the Nats   being from LA.  The USA has always been my show.
((-::

Alex23

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 08:49:26 PM »
thanks for the info     I have class tonight.   I rarely ever follow the Nats   being from LA.  The USA has always been my show.

Please tell us more.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 08:52:01 PM »
Full Prejudging Picshttp://www.flexonline.com/2008_npc_nationals_report/news/624

Peter Putnam's tanning??? ???

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 08:56:54 PM »
Mark Alvisi (heavyweight)

The Coach

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 08:58:27 PM »
Judging by those pics, if Putnam wins it's a definate fix and scam.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 08:59:28 PM »
Marvin Ward(lightweight)

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 09:06:32 PM »
Marvin Ward first easy.  I think this guy Torres in the MW class, but it is hard to beat one of Dave's guys.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 09:08:52 PM »
LOL it looks like Putnam ran out of roids.

TEAM Nasser

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 09:11:17 PM »
PP does not look good at all!
I am a big baby

pjaffe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2008, 09:28:30 PM »
pics of brewer?  ???

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2008, 09:29:52 PM »
LOL it looks like Putnam ran out of roids.

Oh geez....

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2008, 09:30:27 PM »
think PUtnam looks great..great flow and old school look...

doesnt look like he was in a pose yet in the 2nd pic

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2008, 09:36:14 PM »
pics of brewer?  ???

Go over to MD - they have a few up.  Brewer will not be turning pro tomorrow, that's for sure.  The kid is regressing...

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 09:36:48 PM »
nunn is shreddeeeddddddddd (look at those pecs  :o ) and atoyans quads look disguntingly sick...  gotta give the edge to nunn based on those pics bu they both loook freakishly awesome

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2008, 09:40:33 PM »
Flexonline first with shitty pics as usual.
Not one guy looks decent on them.

Alex23

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2008, 09:43:09 PM »
think PUtnam looks great..great flow and old school look...
doesnt look like he was in a pose yet in the 2nd pic

Looks like he's on his way out.. .

pjaffe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2008, 09:43:47 PM »
This vid was about the only thing I could find.  Doesn't really look like anything special.  Listen to these BSN toolbags though, oh brother  ::)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2008, 09:43:52 PM »
You can always count on most of these guys screwing up at the last minute by using diuretics insulin and improper carb up. Amazing that these guys never learn. Sean and Troy look terrible and I am at a loss as to why Putnam looks so bad.  ???

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2008, 09:45:37 PM »
This vid was about the only thing I could find.  Doesn't really look like anything special.  Listen to these BSN toolbags though, oh brother  ::)

I wonder what Ronnie REALLY thinks about Trey Brewer and his future in BBing.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2008, 09:48:39 PM »
hahaaaa, good ufcking job flexonline.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2008, 09:49:39 PM »
You can always count on most of these guys screwing up at the last minute by using diuretics insulin and improper carb up. Amazing that these guys never learn. Sean and Troy look terrible and I am at a loss as to why Putnam looks so bad.  ???

I don't understand how these guys spend so much time, effort and money on BBing, yet screw up royally at contest time.  Honestly, I think quite a few of these people don't know how to THINK for themselves and just do whatever their "guru" tells them.

What exactly are the responsibilities for a contest prep guru anyway?

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2008, 09:51:55 PM »
I don't understand how these guys spend so much time, effort and money on BBing, yet screw up royally at contest time.  Honestly, I think quite a few of these people don't know how to THINK for themselves and just do whatever their "guru" tells them.

really who are these phantom 'gurus'?  please step forward and identify yourselves.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2008, 09:53:15 PM »
I don't understand how these guys spend so much time, effort and money on BBing, yet screw up royally at contest time.  Honestly, I think quite a few of these people just don't know how to THINK for themselves and just do whatever their "guru" tells them.

All kidding aside it is a huge responsibility. You sometimes hold the guys win in your very actions. You tell them what to eat drink and so forth.  Funny thins is I if I am actually at the show I usually would lose about 5 to 7 pounds over the weekend from nerves.  ;D