Author Topic: The picture that MAY be worse than the OTHER picture....  (Read 9435 times)

m8

• Getbig V

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: The picture that MAY be worse than the OTHER pciture....
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2008, 06:38:26 PM »
Hard to say...
Not a lot of funny to be found in someone so profoundly handicapped. She probably struggles with more in a day than I probably will in a lifetime.  :-\

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2008, 09:13:19 PM »
I'm not joking here, I would think a mercy kill should have been performed on that poor child when she was born. No amount of reconstructive surgery can give her the life she deserves, and nothing can take away the pain and mental anguish she will have to deal with in her life.  I wouldn't think that was a life worth living.  Where's "god" on that one?
R u saying she should die because she doesn't look like you think she should?
Or maybe you think shell experience suffering because of people that make fun of her for being different like douchebags that try to prop themselves up by inciting others to make fun of her by starting 'analytic' threads about her?

boonasty

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2008, 09:15:32 PM »
Not a lot of funny to be found in someone so profoundly handicapped. She probably struggles with more in a day than I probably will in a lifetime.  :-\
fuckin a.

250goal

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2008, 09:19:52 PM »
AGREED!  If that were an animal people wouldn't think twice about putting it down.

What's the difference in a human?

The Coach

« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2008, 09:21:04 PM »
I'm not joking here, I would think a mercy kill should have been performed on that poor child when she was born. No amount of reconstructive surgery can give her the life she deserves, and nothing can take away the pain and mental anguish she will have to deal with in her life.  I wouldn't think that was a life worth living.  Where's "god" on that one?

One of the most heartless posts I think I've ever read on here. Her heart, soul and feelings were not taken from her, she's capable of loving and being loved. What wasn't givin to her at birth God will make up in other ways. Can't believe anyone would say that.

boonasty

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2008, 09:34:06 PM »

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2008, 09:34:51 PM »

you dont know that, perhaps she is exceptionally strong willed, happiness is not defined by exterior things. She literally could have a very happy life, many people with terrible illnesses are.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2008, 09:45:43 PM »
One of the most heartless posts I think I've ever read on here. Her heart, soul and feelings were not taken from her, she's capable of loving and being loved. What wasn't givin to her at birth God will make up in other ways. Can't believe anyone would say that.
If the doctors hadn't intervened, she would have been dead at birth.

Were the doctors playing "god"? Serious, Q.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The Coach

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2008, 09:50:29 PM »
If the doctors hadn't intervened, she would have been dead at birth.

Were the doctors playing "god"? Serious, Q.

Good question. But the way I see it, God gave them knowledge to save lives. I PERSONALLY think it was God's will to have that little girl survive. I know I probably just opened a can of worms with the non-believers here.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2008, 09:52:17 PM »
Good question. But the way I see it, God gave them knowledge to save lives. I PERSONALLY think it was God's will to have that little girl survive. I know I probably just opened a can of worms with the non-believers here.
I don't know.
Terrible situation.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The Coach

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2008, 09:53:46 PM »
I don't know.
Terrible situation.

Just realize that little girls life was spared for a reason.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2008, 09:56:08 PM »
Just realize that little girls life was spared for a reason.
For the doctors to get paid?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

io856

« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2008, 09:56:31 PM »
This "god" you speak of sounds pretty important. Is he the minister of health & ageing in the U.S?

strange name

The Coach

« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2008, 09:59:30 PM »
For the doctors to get paid?

How about for a chance at life. You don't know how her life will turn out especially if there is no psychological or physiological problems and normal brain function.

The Coach

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2008, 10:00:14 PM »
This "God" you speak of sounds pretty important. Is he the minister of health & ageing in the U.S?

strange name

Fixed

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2008, 10:03:47 PM »
How about for a chance at life. You don't know how her life will turn out especially if there is no psychological or physiological problems and normal brain function.
No psychological problems? Unless she's being kept inside away from the windows, she being exposed to public ridicule. If you've been to her site, you can see she's not being kept out of the public, or apparently school. So my point would be that kids can be cruel to "normal" kids, how do you think they are going to treat her, or the things they are going to say to her? It will all have a psychological effect on her. While the other girls are getting ready for their dates to the prom, what do you think she'll be doing?

It's all psychological Coach.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2008, 10:07:27 PM »
That's terrible. I don't think I could overcome my revulsion to her if I saw her face to face long enough to care if she was normal. Maybe when I'm more mature.
$

The Coach

« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2008, 10:18:37 PM »
No psychological problems? Unless she's being kept inside away from the windows, she being exposed to public ridicule. If you've been to her site, you can see she's not being kept out of the public, or apparently school. So my point would be that kids can be cruel to "normal" kids, how do you think they are going to treat her, or the things they are going to say to her? It will all have a psychological effect on her. While the other girls are getting ready for their dates to the prom, what do you think she'll be doing?

It's all psychological Coach.

You need to read her site. I just got done reading most of it. True, it's not going to be easy, but here is a little excerpt;

April 21, 2008 11:00 PM

Here we are almost at the end of another school year. Where has this year gone? Life only seems to go by faster each day. I have been trying to make mental notes of things that I wanted to tell everyone about, but do you think I can remember very many of them right now? Of course not!

The first thing that I have to tell everyone is that Juliana finally was able to start dance classes. She is doing a ballet and tap class. She is so cute in her tights, her leotard and her little skirts. She started her very first class a few weeks ago and she looks like she has been doing it for years.

She is doing fantastic in school! She really loves her teacher and her friends are great. The kids are so accepting of her. Some days when I pick her up I hear stories about the girls fighting on the playground over who gets to play with Juliana. I am getting nervous about transferring her to a new school yet again. That will be three different schools in three years.

IMO and from what I have read in the past, since she was born with this disfigurement, it will or may be easier to overcome than someone who was disfigured in lets say a car accident or fire or some other trauma.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2008, 10:31:14 PM »
Poor kid :'(

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2008, 10:32:50 PM »
No doubt about it...

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2008, 10:34:10 PM »
that's julia wetmore. she was born without a face, unbelievably enough. that picture (at least the head part) was taken after something like six operations just to give her eye sockets, cheeks, and a mouth. the tragic part is that she's not damaged mentally from what i've read, just her face is going to look like that for the rest of her life.  :-\

:-\
HAHA, RON.....

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2008, 10:39:28 PM »
the tragic part is that she's not damaged mentally from what i've read

Would it be less tragic is she had mental damage?  ???

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2008, 12:51:10 AM »

Well, you believe in a "god," so a rational arguement is out the window here... but seriously, that girl experiences more mental anguish in one hour than you will experience in a life time.  I do not see the point of the docs keeping her alive.  She is constantly being tortured, and if there were a god like the one described in the bible, this god/floating spaghetti monster would not let somethng like this occur. 

do yourself a favor and read l"etter to a christian nation" by timothy harris or ferris, and "the god delusion" by richard dawkins.

"what wasn't given to her at birth, god will make up in other ways."   wow... ignorance truly is bliss i guess.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2008, 05:37:11 AM »
Evidence for no god right there.
I hate the State.