Author Topic: How did Ronnie Coleman do it?  (Read 10586 times)

Figo

• Getbig V
Re: How did Ronnie Coleman do it?
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2008, 02:28:39 AM »
He went from a ripped  217 when he won he worlds to a ripped 287, 10 years later. That is 70, count 'em SEVENTY lbs of additional muscle on an already impressive world amatuer champ physique!

Thats the astonishing thing. To improve so much so late into career, on an already impressive physique.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2008, 02:37:15 AM »
Thats the astonishing thing. To improve so much so late into career, on an already impressive physique.

The only logical answer is that Ronnie hadn't juiced much.  This would explain his dramatic improvements from 98-03.  It is well known that "allegedly" Ronnie was a legit natural when he won the team universe which turned him pro.  He made improvements but not great improvements up until 97.  He then go with the Chad and exploded.  Is it a coincidence that he got with a "guru" and blew up?  I think pre Chad Ronnie was on very little and like he said in the steriod video that so poorly hid the ID of the pros, he only used when doing a show.

After Chad all that changed.  Bottom line is there is no other way to explain it unless there was some new drug discovered and only Ronnie has access to it ::)
Face it Ronnie was barely using.  Oh yeah and slin...this was the main ingredient for his massive growth.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2008, 06:34:33 AM »

Besides the obvious replies of up the dosage, slin, gh, wtf did this guy do to progress from very big to huge?

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/4852/ronniecomparoyz2.jpg

Besides that? Thats not enough to you?

Some people think that drugs are a joke.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
Re: How did he do it?
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2008, 07:53:59 AM »

ummmmmmmmm YES HE WAS there Dave.
any proof? picture of him standing on a scale with it reading 303 maybe?

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2008, 08:37:24 AM »
They claim he started juicing in about 95-96. I'm pretty sure I've seen Milos say this also. I think it's BS of course.

I've seen Milos claim this too. Not sure if here, or his own board or not. But I remember him talking about Ronnie and saying how Ronnie was a natty. Then at one contest (I want to say the Canada or something that Ronnie won, Milos finished second I think?) Milos leaned over to Ronnie and said "You're natural still and you come in looking like that?!?!?" and Ronnie said "I'm not claiming that anymore."

Now, I respect the hell out of Milos. His methods for training especially. But sometimes we can't always believe everything we read. I think Ronnie probably was juicing to some extent, probably all the way back to his football days.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2008, 08:44:14 AM »
I've seen Milos claim this too. Not sure if here, or his own board or not. But I remember him talking about Ronnie and saying how Ronnie was a natty. Then at one contest (I want to say the Canada or something that Ronnie won, Milos finished second I think?) Milos leaned over to Ronnie and said "You're natural still and you come in looking like that?!?!?" and Ronnie said "I'm not claiming that anymore."

Now, I respect the hell out of Milos. His methods for training especially. But sometimes we can't always believe everything we read. I think Ronnie probably was juicing to some extent, probably all the way back to his football days.

Milos also said the Malaysian bodybuilders are life time naturals and didn't even use insulin.  :D

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2008, 08:59:26 AM »

Remember, it is the training theories I believe Milos has down. His nutrition is extensive, though sometimes it doesn't work for me (the Fed-Ex drink for example), though it may for others.
The drug regimen may or may not be true. I'm not studied in that, and though I'm intrigued by it, it's not my part of my interests. So he could be bullshitting there as well...maybe certain guys do really only take 1.5g of test like he claimed in answer to gh15's post about 30g of test per week (;D) but again, I have no idea about most of that stuff.

willl

• Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2008, 09:56:22 AM »
how about his THIRD mass explosion from 2002 to 2003?  8)

the guy has been juicing all his life. difference is genetics and dosage and ability to handle dosage

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2008, 08:15:11 AM »
Besides that? Thats not enough to you?

Some people think that drugs are a joke.

You misunderstood what I meant, Im not implying that its just gh, slin, aas.

Im was asking for replies other than: "all drugs", "slin", "synthol"...

Know what I mean?

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2008, 08:21:21 AM »
Classic example of someone waiting until he reached his natural genetic limits before doing lots of A.S. He built the foundation on years of hard training and THEN hit the heavy pharmaceuticals.

That's how it's supposed to be done. These days it's 2-3 years of training and then right into 2 +grams of test a week and GH   :-\

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2008, 09:47:42 AM »
in fact where is the true...?
asstropin

Kentucky_cowboy

• Getbig II
  • Team Lean Face
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2008, 10:25:07 AM »
He started focusing more on FEELING the muscle, going for HIGHER reps and not lifting like a powerlifter.   :D

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2008, 01:44:14 PM »
any proof? picture of him standing on a scale with it reading 303 maybe?

he goes up to 320 in the offseason, hes shown his weight in his DVD's

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2008, 01:46:28 PM »
he goes up to 320 in the offseason, hes shown his weight in his DVD's
again, show me where at a show right before he steps onstage where the scale reads 303.

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2008, 01:49:42 PM »
again, show me where at a show right before he steps onstage where the scale reads 303.
you won't see any such picture, as Ronnie has never stepped on Stage at 303 (apart from guest posing)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2008, 01:51:05 PM »
you won't see any such picture, as Ronnie has never stepped on Stage at 303 (apart from guest posing)
exactly.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2008, 01:54:00 PM »
Remember, it is the training theories I believe Milos has down. His nutrition is extensive, though sometimes it doesn't work for me (the Fed-Ex drink for example), though it may for others.

What Milos advocates may work for guys who juice, but no natural guy could ever put on decent size and strength on a program of his where you do 500 reps with weights that don't go over 135 lbs in any exercise.

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2008, 02:21:06 PM »

Besides the obvious replies of up the dosage, slin, gh, wtf did this guy do to progress from very big to huge?
eat more, took more drugs.

thats it.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2008, 03:32:18 PM »
Classic example of someone waiting until he reached his natural genetic limits before doing lots of A.S. He built the foundation on years of hard training and THEN hit the heavy pharmaceuticals.

That's how it's supposed to be done. These days it's 2-3 years of training and then right into 2 +grams of test a week and GH   :-\

Eactly why those early useres never get close to what Ronnie showed on stage.
Once again, if it is nothing but AAS , where are all the ripped 280 lb physiques walking around?

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2008, 12:27:06 PM »
all year round cycles

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2008, 01:02:31 PM »
What Milos advocates may work for guys who juice, but no natural guy could ever put on decent size and strength on a program of his where you do 500 reps with weights that don't go over 135 lbs in any exercise.

My thoughts exactly.   I do agree with his philosophy and approach to nutrition which he detailed on "Secrets of the Pros".   Not the FedEx drink bullshit with the creatine, glutamine, vaseline; bend over and take it up the a$$ approach but the idea of stimulating your metabolism to lose fat instead of lowering calories. 

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2008, 10:41:42 PM »

i was in that show, amateur division, and thought Milos was going to win. but Ronnie did look different than all the other pros. for Milos to admit Ronnie was natty at or near that show gives strength to the drugfree argument, as Milos won't believe most people with substantial size can be clean.

i saw Ronnie guest pose a year later, and said "there's our next Mr. Olympia" he was totally transformed.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2008, 10:23:55 AM »
Can you see it now?

That's an 80 pound gain all in his CRANIUM  ;)

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2008, 10:26:12 AM »
What was ronnie at the '04 Olympia?

Around 300lbs wasn't he?

296 pounds according to him.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2008, 10:26:49 AM »
You are gay.

with a name like BEAR, isn't that calling the kettle...............  ::)