Author Topic: GOP Looks to Louisiana's Governor  (Read 4976 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: GOP Looks to Louisiana's Governor
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2008, 08:34:53 PM »
LOL oh ya but the same could be said about obama as well.

Obama defeated the CLinton, then Rovian political machines.

Palin was SELECTED so "all us girls can finally break that glass ceiling!"

Obama was the smartest person in the Dem primary, although not experienced.  He was also the best speaker, was on the right side of the war issue.

Palin showed up and held angry rallies.  She wasn't the "best" at anything out of the other repub candidates.  She was hired for her looks, plain and simple.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2008, 08:46:43 PM »
Obama defeated the CLinton, then Rovian political machines.

Palin was SELECTED so "all us girls can finally break that glass ceiling!"

Obama was the smartest person in the Dem primary, although not experienced.  He was also the best speaker, was on the right side of the war issue.

Palin showed up and held angry rallies.  She wasn't the "best" at anything out of the other repub candidates.  She was hired for her looks, plain and simple.
LOL we arent comparing the twos resume here...your statement was
2008 sure was.  You don't think Palin's appearance had anything to do with her getting the nod over many more qualified, educated, and experienced people?
If you dont realize that obamas race did play a part in his getting the primary and the election then again your not being objective bro. He even realized it and played up the fact of his race, do you not remember this?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2008, 08:50:28 PM »
LOL we arent comparing the twos resume here...your statement was If you dont realize that obamas race did play a part in his getting the primary and the election then again your not being objective bro. He even realized it and played up the fact of his race, do you not remember this?

yes and no...

I remember the interviews with lots of Dems who proudly said they're not voting Obama cause of his skin color.  That racist belt of Penn, Ohio, Virginia...

Clinton won 90+% of the African-American vote.
Obama won 95+% of the African-American vote.

Was the extra 5% from his skin color, or the economy being so bad?

Hell, Mccain won the white vote by a mile, just as Bush did.
And Palin won a lot of Dem voters who voted Vagina.

To say Jindal won't enjoy an Indian vote is naive.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2008, 08:52:46 PM »
yes and no...

I remember the interviews with lots of Dems who proudly said they're not voting Obama cause of his skin color.  That racist belt of Penn, Ohio, Virginia...

Clinton won 90+% of the African-American vote.
Obama won 95+% of the African-American vote.

Was the extra 5% from his skin color, or the economy being so bad?

Hell, Mccain won the white vote by a mile, just as Bush did.
And Palin won a lot of Dem voters who voted Vagina.

To say Jindal won't enjoy an Indian vote is naive.
again it was meant to imply that it wouldnt be the same as obama as in not a big difference.
To think that obamas race didnt play a role in his election is niave as well...again he pandered to it during his campaign.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2008, 09:09:47 PM »
I do not doubt that there could be many Indians across the USA who would vote for Jindal based on complexion,
...however, there will also be many others who will not. If Jindal is to get the nomination, it should be because he is the best person for the job, and not because the Republicans think they can use him as a "token" to run a Republican Obama. if they try that, the people will see right through it and it WILL cost them votes, ...maybe not the ones that say "I don't care, I'm voting for him because he's Indian.", just like he said in the video  - 'The important thing is the message, not the messenger." Those who focus primarily on the messenger always get it wrong... Palin is a good example. ha!

It will be interesting to see what transpires, ...especially as a result of events in recent days.

I don't doubt a President that looks like Jindal could go a long way towards undermining the prevalent theme of the past 8 years vis-a-vis those with his complexion. I doubt elements in Pakistan would be crazy about having an Indian in the white house tho, ...there are a lot of messages one could read into that, ...especially the paranoid in Pakistan. 
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2008, 09:18:22 PM »
I do not doubt that there could be many Indians across the USA who would vote for Jindal based on complexion,
...however, there will also be many others who will not. If Jindal is to get the nomination, it should be because he is the best person for the job, and not because the Republicans think they can use him as a "token" to run a Republican Obama. if they try that, the people will see right through it and it WILL cost them votes, ...maybe not the ones that say "I don't care, I'm voting for him because he's Indian.", just like he said in the video  - 'The important thing is the message, not the messenger." Those who focus primarily on the messenger always get it wrong... Palin is a good example. ha!

It will be interesting to see what transpires, ...especially as a result of events in recent days.

I don't doubt a President that looks like Jindal could go a long way towards undermining the prevalent theme of the past 8 years vis-a-vis those with his complexion. I doubt elements in Pakistan would be crazy about having an Indian in the white house tho, ...there are a lot of messages one could read into that, ...especially the paranoid in Pakistan. 
well whether you want to admit it obama wasnt the most qualified, most experienced or best candidate that the dems could have put up. So basically what you said wouldnt work for the reps seemed to work for the dems although the situation had a great deal to do with it.

Jindal has already shown his leadership under pressure and will have another 4 years of experience when the next election comes around...barring any unforseen events or burried skeletons he will be a major front runner for the rep nomination.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2008, 09:37:26 PM »
well whether you want to admit it obama wasnt the most qualified, most experienced or best candidate that the dems could have put up. So basically what you said wouldnt work for the reps seemed to work for the dems although the situation had a great deal to do with it.

Jindal has already shown his leadership under pressure and will have another 4 years of experience when the next election comes around...barring any unforseen events or burried skeletons he will be a major front runner for the rep nomination.

It's as those Republican pundits called it a few months ago, ...when Republicans try to run on narrative, ...they lose!

If the relationship between Pakistan and India worsens, Republicans will have a lot to overcome in the mentality of their voter base.
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2008, 10:00:21 PM »
It's as those Republican pundits called it a few months ago, ...when Republicans try to run on narrative, ...they lose!

If the relationship between Pakistan and India worsens, Republicans will have a lot to overcome in the mentality of their voter base.
iono this guy was born and raised in lousianna, listen to him talk his accent makes him sound like a good ol boy I dont think they will have a big problem getting ppl to vote for this person

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2008, 12:20:06 AM »
iono this guy was born and raised in lousianna, listen to him talk his accent makes him sound like a good ol boy I dont think they will have a big problem getting ppl to vote for this person

The Republicans will run nothing but soundbytes and will keep the pictures to a minimum! Mark my words!  :D
w

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2008, 05:52:45 AM »

He does sound like a generic Republican politician but the problem is he's reading from last years script and people clearly aren't buying that bullshit anymore.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2008, 07:51:20 AM »
He does sound like a generic Republican politician but the problem is he's reading from last years script and people clearly aren't buying that bullshit anymore.
can you elaborate and give instances?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2008, 07:52:32 AM »
The Republicans will run nothing but soundbytes and will keep the pictures to a minimum! Mark my words!  :D
doubtful in my mind, weve seen what happens when you do that.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2008, 08:08:25 AM »
can you elaborate and give instances?

I could but no time this morning.  I watched the tape before I left for work this morning and all I heard were the same old talking points .....though I didn't make it all the way to the end so maybe he tried out a few new talking points that I haven't heard yet.  Either way, he's sounds 5x better than Palin and he'd tie her in knots if they ever had a debate

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2008, 08:12:16 AM »
I could but no time this morning.  I watched the tape before I left for work this morning and all I heard were the same old talking points .....though I didn't make it all the way to the end so maybe he tried out a few new talking points that I haven't heard yet.  Either way, he's sounds 5x better than Palin and he'd tie her in knots if they ever had a debate
elaborate when you get a chance please

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2008, 08:15:37 AM »
elaborate when you get a chance please

I don't watch videos @ work (my own personal rule) so I'll have to look again later tonight when I get home.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2008, 08:19:07 AM »
I don't watch videos @ work (my own personal rule) so I'll have to look again later tonight when I get home.

thats fine i wasnt trying to be dick just interested in what you think is the same...whenever you get around to it

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2008, 09:19:07 AM »
thats fine i wasnt trying to be dick just interested in what you think is the same...whenever you get around to it

no worries, I didn't think you were being a dick. 

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2008, 10:56:34 AM »
Jindahl is a very impressive guy.  He runs circles around Palin IMO.

2012 is too far for me yet.  I am waiting to see what Obama does.  His cabinet picks so far aren't bad and if he keeps taxes relatively low, I am excited to give him a chance.