Author Topic: meaning of life  (Read 7275 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: meaning of life
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2008, 04:07:38 PM »
this post is gonna sound stupid, but today i was eating icecream with my girlfriend and i figured the meaning of life!!!

:)

hahaha

I bet you enjoyed the icrecream more than her company
Z

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2008, 04:10:18 PM »
I bet you enjoyed the icrecream more than her company

hahaha, it was pretty nice.. but i felt like god for a second while i was there..... hahaha

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2008, 04:13:49 PM »
It will make you realize that this is not a "fail" universe, but rather an astronomically mysterious one in which our influences stretch far beyond we can imagine, literally.

At the most minute level, everything is made of energy, which is so dynamic we are mostly unable to detect or measure it's mechanisms. We can't even figure it out because we're influencing reality and the makeup of reality as we try to figure it out. Things are never the same and never will be. Everything is not constant. It is all endlessly dynamic, always moving, always changing, never the same as it was, is, or ever will be.  

Only by realizing this, taking a few macro steps back from everyday life, and using the knowledge we do have of our influence on everything can we then determine what we are doing. We are influencing the overall energetic makeup of everything, and it is accumulating in time. This, in turn, empowers the energetic makeup of everything that exists, all that we perceive and can't perceive. We are accomplishing more than anything that ever existed before simply by existing. We can each individually influence this effect, this "empowerment" of everything to a maximum degree by accumulating maximum positive energy throughout our lives. Therefore, we each contribute to the empowerment of everything that exists, but the degree to which each of us contribute is determined by each of ourselves.

(What flagadajones discussed is true in a very, very material sense. It does not touch on the meaning, however. But when we're talking about the actual "meaning," it has more to do with a macro ("bigger-picture") view of our influence on all that exists, not our narrow, every day lives, or role in an ancient, hunter-gatherer society. That is too narrow to even be in the vacinity of actual meaning.)

Ok,

But if it has a meaning what makes that matter then?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2008, 04:20:26 PM »
This is the meaning of life.  :)
I hate the State.

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2008, 04:21:06 PM »

Ok,

But if it has a meaning what makes that matter then?

We don't know exactly yet, but what we do know is astonishing...

What we do know at this point is that at any point in time we have and are accomplishing something larger than the form of everything, as it ever was before that point in time, that we are constantly influencing it and the degree of that influence is under our control. It is accumulating endlessly. We also know that the energetic makeup of everything is then consequentially empowered, meaning the potential power of EVERYTHING increases. Yes, everything, including our little selves, is becoming more and more and more powerful. We have a part in this, a large, major part.

How does this effect us in life, to narrow in a bit?
Well, for one the experience of consciousness is progressively enhanced in time. That is profound.  ;)

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2008, 04:22:57 PM »

What we do know at this point is that at any point in time we have and are accomplishing something larger than the form of everything, as it ever was before that point in time, and that we are influencing it and the degree of that influence is under our control. We also know that the energetic makeup of everything is then consequentially empowered, meaning the potential power of EVERYTHING increases. Yes, everything, including our little selves, is becoming more and more and more powerful. We have a part in this, a large, major part.

How does this effect us in life, to narrow in a bit?
Well, for one the experience of consciousness is progressively enhanced in time. That is profound.  ;)

:o :o :o :o

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2008, 04:26:31 PM »

What we do know at this point is that at any point in time we have and are accomplishing something larger than the form of everything, as it ever was before that point in time, that we are constantly influencing it and the degree of that influence is under our control. It is accumulating endlessly. We also know that the energetic makeup of everything is then consequentially empowered, meaning the potential power of EVERYTHING increases. Yes, everything, including our little selves, is becoming more and more and more powerful. We have a part in this, a large, major part.

How does this effect affect us in life, to narrow in a bit?

Fixed.
I hate the State.

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2008, 04:33:29 PM »
i thought i got it... but it seems like i didnt hahaha :'( :'( :'(

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2008, 04:35:04 PM »
i thought i got it... but it seems like i didnt hahaha :'( :'( :'(

You did get it. Part of it.
Now just expand on what you already know; there's not actually a contradiction to what you found earlier.  ;)

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2008, 04:41:24 PM »
 ;D

its even harder for me cause i got to tranlate that shit on my head and understand it in spanish hahaha