Author Topic: How come no one saw Ronnie Coleman coming?  (Read 14520 times)

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: How come no one saw Ronnie Coleman coming?
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2008, 12:19:29 PM »
No true , many instances I could post them if you like?

Bullshit

He's hit the spot on that one.

Apart from you and a select few other idiots, no one would dream of fighting such a ridiculous argument

But hey, you gave it a shot.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2008, 01:20:24 PM »

Bullshit

He's hit the spot on that one.

Apart from you and a select few other idiots, no one would dream of fighting such a ridiculous argument

But hey, you gave it a shot.

No one? you say?

Special Ed : Ronnie if Dorian competed in 1998 would you have smoked him?

Ronnie Coleman : NO I think he would have kept on winning as long as he competed I don't think he would have lost.

From Special Ed's radio show

Taken out of FLEX nov 1999, page 90.  interview by jim schmaltz with ronnie before the 99 Olympia.

Jim:  What would have happened last year if Dorian Yates (recently retired winner of 6 straight Mr. Olympias) had competed?

Ronnie:  Dorian would have won again.

Jim: You think so?

Ronnie:  I know so.  Dorian has a big physique - hard- and he's been the man to beat, and its hard to knock the champion off the block.  He's a big guy and has a lot going for him.  He overcame so many adversities, like his torn biceps, I couldnt see too much else stopping him.

Flex magazine

Shawn Perine Ironage Dec 11, 2004

As much as I love Haney and my IA champs, I think Ronnie circa '98 or at the 2001 Arnold is pretty much untouchable. Except by Dorian Yates 6 weeks out from the '93 O as photographed by our own KMH. Both men, on those specific occasions carried so much dry muscle mass in good proportion and with good lines that it's almost unfair to compare them to others.

From Ironage

4. A lot of people say that you are the only pro bodybuilder that could go head to head with Ronnie Coleman.  Like him, you were the only other to be able to gain so much mass in one year. What are your thoughts on this?

A. I get asked that question all the time, and I can’t really give an answer.  I have actually beaten Ronnie, but then he wasn’t at the stage he is now.  He is probably carrying more muscle than I did, but I feel I had better conditioning than him.  It would be close but that’s down to the judge’s decision as always.  All the things that we have in common – Lee Haney, Ronnie Coleman and myself – is that we are all stable mentally, training hard, not messing around partying.  You have to keep the focus and it’s usually the mind that is the deciding factor, over physical capabilities.

From Bodybuilding.com

Lee Priest

HOW DO YOU FEEL DORIAN WOULD FAIR AGAINST RONNIE COLEMAN NOW?

I think Dorian at his best (1993) would easily beat Ronnie. Dorian might not be as symmetrical as Ronnie, but all over he was more complete and in better condition at his best.

from Musclenet.com

Peter McGough Flex Magazine August 2005

Personally, the best physique I ever saw onstage (there was a contender for best-ever that I saw offstage: those crazy photos of sock-footed Dorian Yates taken seven weeks before the 1993 Mr. Olympia) was Ronnie's at the 2001 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic.

Flex magazine

FROM MARKUS RUHL

October 2000, FLEX page 166   (notice how it is post 1999)

"DORIAN YATES HAD THE BEST BACK IN THE HISTORY OF BODYBUILDING.  HIS LAT SPREAD WAS UNBELIEVABLE.  HIS SIZE, MASS, AND CONDITIONING WERE PERFECT,"

Flex magazine

Samir Bannout on Cutler 2001

Jay Cutler blows the other bodybuilders away with the crisp detail of his muscularity from top to bottom. He has superior calves, hamstrings and glutes. His back is detailed and big, but it does not match up well against Ronnie, who has the second-best back in the history of bodybuilding behind the great Dorian Yates

Ronnie has the second best back behind the great Dorian Yates

Flex Magazine

Flex magazine October 2003 from Mike Matarazzo about Dorian

DESCRIBE DORIAN YATES: The ultimate warrior. A straight-up no-bulls-t bodybuilder. He backed up everything with his physique. He silenced his critics with action. He bowed out at the end of his career with grace and style. He may go down in history as the greatest bodybuilder of all time.

Flex magazine

http://www.musclemayhem.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25103

MuscleMayhem poll asking who is the worse Mr Olympia

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/pro-bodybuilders-pictures/best-back-all-time-you-decide-39990-9.html

elitefietness poll on who has the best back

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=953337&page=2

bodybuilding.com poll who was the best conditioned bodybuilder ever

dozens of comments on Yates being better than Ronnie

one of the more recent issues of MD they discuss if Yates could beat Ronnie , Shawn Ray said Ronnie 1998 would beat Dorian if he didn't have bitch tits lol

I mean shall I continue? now what was that about ' bullshit ' ? yeah I thought so

Ronnie HIMSELF said on multiple occasions he couldn't beat Dorian , now that speaks volumes.  ;)

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2008, 02:02:05 PM »
No one? you say?

Ronnie Coleman : NO I think he would have kept on winning as long as he competed I don't think he would have lost.

Taken out of FLEX nov 1999, page 90.  interview by jim schmaltz with ronnie before the 99 Olympia.

Jim:  What would have happened last year if Dorian Yates (recently retired winner of 6 straight Mr. Olympias) had competed?

Ronnie:  I know so.  Dorian has a big physique - hard- and he's been the man to beat, and its hard to knock the champion off the block.  He's a big guy and has a lot going for him.  He overcame so many adversities, like his torn biceps, I couldnt see too much else stopping him.

Flex magazine

As much as I love Haney and my IA champs, I think Ronnie circa '98 or at the 2001 Arnold is pretty much untouchable. Except by Dorian Yates 6 weeks out from the '93 O as photographed by our own KMH. Both men, on those specific occasions carried so much dry muscle mass in good proportion and with good lines that it's almost unfair to compare them to others.

From Ironage

4. A lot of people say that you are the only pro bodybuilder that could go head to head with Ronnie Coleman.  Like him, you were the only other to be able to gain so much mass in one year. What are your thoughts on this?

A. I get asked that question all the time, and I can’t really give an answer.  I have actually beaten Ronnie, but then he wasn’t at the stage he is now.  He is probably carrying more muscle than I did, but I feel I had better conditioning than him.  It would be close but that’s down to the judge’s decision as always.  All the things that we have in common – Lee Haney, Ronnie Coleman and myself – is that we are all stable mentally, training hard, not messing around partying.  You have to keep the focus and it’s usually the mind that is the deciding factor, over physical capabilities.

From Bodybuilding.com

Lee Priest

I think Dorian at his best (1993) would easily beat Ronnie. Dorian might not be as symmetrical as Ronnie, but all over he was more complete and in better condition at his best.

from Musclenet.com

Personally, the best physique I ever saw onstage (there was a contender for best-ever that I saw offstage: those crazy photos of sock-footed Dorian Yates taken seven weeks before the 1993 Mr. Olympia) was Ronnie's at the 2001 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic.

Flex magazine

FROM MARKUS RUHL

"DORIAN YATES HAD THE BEST BACK IN THE HISTORY OF BODYBUILDING.  HIS LAT SPREAD WAS UNBELIEVABLE.  HIS SIZE, MASS, AND CONDITIONING WERE PERFECT,"

Flex magazine

Jay Cutler blows the other bodybuilders away with the crisp detail of his muscularity from top to bottom. He has superior calves, hamstrings and glutes. His back is detailed and big, but it does not match up well against Ronnie, who has the second-best back in the history of bodybuilding behind the great Dorian Yates

Flex Magazine

DESCRIBE DORIAN YATES: The ultimate warrior. A straight-up no-bulls-t bodybuilder. He backed up everything with his physique. He silenced his critics with action. He bowed out at the end of his career with grace and style. He may go down in history as the greatest bodybuilder of all time.

Flex magazine

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/pro-bodybuilders-pictures/best-back-all-time-you-decide-39990-9.html

one of the more recent issues of MD they discuss if Yates could beat Ronnie , Shawn Ray said Ronnie 1998 would beat Dorian if he didn't have bitch tits lol

I mean shall I continue? now what was that about ' bullshit ' ? yeah I thought so

Ronnie HIMSELF said on multiple occasions he couldn't beat Dorian , now that speaks volumes.  ;)

I'm glad i made you waste your time with this post.

Yes ND you're right.

The debate "rages" on elsewhere

You're not alone in this campaign.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2008, 02:05:35 PM »
No one? you say?

Flex magazine

From Ironage

From Bodybuilding.com

Lee Priest

from Musclenet.com

Flex magazine

FROM MARKUS RUHL

Flex magazine

Flex Magazine

Flex magazine

random person:  "ronnie are you natural?"

ronnie:  "yeah buddy"

E
E

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2008, 03:04:38 PM »
personally i dont think ron should have won 98.  sure he looked phenominal, but he had terrible gyno.  I think it should have been nasser or flex for 98, its a tossup between those two.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2008, 03:08:45 PM »
Maybe it was dark?  It's tough to see black guys in the dark...right  before your front bumper clips their shins.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2008, 04:39:07 PM »
I'm glad i made you waste your time with this post.

Yes ND you're right.

The debate "rages" on elsewhere

You're not alone in this campaign.

:) at least you're honest

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2008, 04:39:41 PM »
random person:  "ronnie are you natural?"

ronnie:  "yeah buddy"

E

Hey my puppy followed me here  ;)

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2008, 01:25:26 AM »
fuck ronnie and his rollypolly GHgut. yates could pound me to death in the cornhole with his freaky superfist of muscle. it would be the hottest death ever. then i could have an open casket funeral with my gaping asshole sticking straight up and filled with tasty thanksgiving stuffing for everyone to share after the service. fuck that would be hot.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2008, 01:30:49 AM »
fuck ronnie and his rollypolly GHgut. yates could pound me to death in the cornhole with his freaky superfist of muscle. it would be the hottest death ever. then i could have an open casket funeral with my gaping asshole sticking straight up and filled with tasty thanksgiving stuffing for everyone to share after the service. fuck that would be hot.

:o :o :o :-X :-X :-X ??? ??? ???

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2008, 01:34:06 AM »
That was one of the comments in the Yates video

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2008, 01:35:44 AM »
That was one of the comments in the Yates video

Dude you need to clarify next time....yikes  :-\

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2008, 10:40:13 AM »
Hey my puppy followed me here  ;)

yes to correct you

E
E

suckmymuscle

« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2008, 10:57:04 AM »
Discuss...

I must say I was very surprised when I looked on getbig and saw that he had won.  It left me scratching my head.  How come no one saw him coming?

I remember that I was very surprised that Ronnie won. I expected Nasser to win that one. I thought of Shawn Ray as a possibiliy, but he's too small, so Nasser was the obvious choice. I thought that, without Dorian and his huge back in the game, the judges would ignore Nasser's poor back ad give him the win based on size alone and also due to the fact that he was runner-up in 97'. I recall that Ronnie was working with Chad Nichols and that he was probably going to be much better in 98', since Nichols had turned his wife Kim into a freak and thus was very skilled in improving bdybuilders' conditioning, but I had no idea that Ronnie would improve that much from one year to the other. I expected Ronnie to crack the top 5 in 98' but not win the damn thing.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2008, 12:00:11 PM »
yes to correct you

E

Thanks for proving my point E  ;) I own you like Yates owned Levrone

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2008, 12:21:29 PM »
Discuss...

I must say I was very surprised when I looked on getbig and saw that he had won.  It left me scratching my head.  How come no one saw him coming?

1) Method of turning pro: Ronnie did so rather inconspicuously, winning his class at the Universe; whereas Kevin Levrone and Mike Matarazzo won the Nationals and USA, respectively.

2) Debut Olympia placing: Levrone debuted in 2nd place; Wheeler debuted in 2nd place; Cormier debuted in 6th place; Dillet debuted in 6th place; Coleman’s debut: “16th” place.

3) Highest Olympia placing: For Coleman, that was 6th place (after Nasser El Sonbaty got DQed); he dropped to 9th in 1997.

4) Flex Wheeler: He looked to be the heir apparent to the Olympia. Prior to 1998, of all the times Wheeler and Coleman faced each other, Coleman defeated Wheeler just once (barely; it took a tie-breaker to do it, with Coleman squeaking past Wheeler by one point).

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2008, 04:53:23 PM »
Thanks for proving my point E  ;) I own you like Yates owned Levrone

you're point is you need somebody to correct you?

that makes you the puppy because puppies crap in the house, you crap in these forums hahaha ;D

E
E

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2008, 05:29:00 PM »
you're point is you need somebody to correct you?

that makes you the puppy because puppies crap in the house, you crap in these forums hahaha ;D

E

Thanks for playing Earl is a stalker  ;)