Author Topic: Q&A with IFBB Pro Vinny Galanti  (Read 113562 times)

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
Re: Q&A with IFBB Pro Vinny Galanti
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2008, 07:24:52 PM »
Great to see you staying lean in the offseason. I think thats a big mistake most bb'ers make. Getting too fat in the offseason.

Looking forward to seeing you on a pro stage in the near future ;D

i have no idea what the end result will be when i step on stage in my first show.

however, i will say...what it took for me to turn pro is what im going to do to compete as a pro, i'm not going to ruin my shape.

ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2008, 07:44:07 PM »
vin,other than ur great usa look as a middle,i feel your next best other than turning pro this yr, was 98-2000 lightheavy back to back 3rd place,how did u feel then placing and the look u achieved ,i know richardson was tough that one year.you seem to have no sour grapes or regrets,i thought one of those yrs u nailed it.imo....

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2008, 04:58:27 AM »
vin,other than ur great usa look as a middle,i feel your next best other than turning pro this yr, was 98-2000 lightheavy back to back 3rd place,how did u feel then placing and the look u achieved ,i know richardson was tough that one year.you seem to have no sour grapes or regrets,i thought one of those yrs u nailed it.imo....

believe it or not, i was holding on by a thread back then with my energy level to train for shows.
i was burned out real bad, and was listening to too many people...big mistake on my part.

i placed 4th in 97, 3rd in 99 and 2000.

all three i deserved those placings....

Craig and I have always had a good relationship, and im looking forward to geting back on stage against him one day...i think we brought out the best in both of us those couple of years.

when you compete at the top of the national level, you have to respect the guys up there or your just a real dickhead....lol

ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2008, 06:46:57 AM »
vin,what was deal with muscle media ,were u doing promotional stuff or part of phillips empire lol...remember u getting in magazine there a bit for a while.good guy or no.

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2008, 09:54:08 AM »
vin,what was deal with muscle media ,were u doing promotional stuff or part of phillips empire lol...remember u getting in magazine there a bit for a while.good guy or no.

i hustled to get my name out there, i made phone calls, contacted everyone...and bill liked my look enough to put me on the cover of muscle media.
i did get a lot of coverage for back then...i actually had to write letters to EVERYONE in every magazine...no internet back then.

Bill seemed like a decent guy.

it was the ONLY cover i ever been on.
ANIMAL

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2008, 10:26:10 AM »
Hi Vinnie and welcome.

1. Do you realize you represent a standard for body building regardless of how you have been "judged" so far ?

2. Did you find an offseason and precontest that works for you and you strive to bring a complete package each time ? Or do you plan a drastic change ?

3. Besides your frame which is god given as well as shape.....did you make a conscious effort to keep everythingsymetric and in proportion ? training and diet wise ..

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2008, 10:45:42 AM »
Hi Vinnie and welcome.

1. Do you realize you represent a standard for body building regardless of how you have been "judged" so far ?

2. Did you find an offseason and precontest that works for you and you strive to bring a complete package each time ? Or do you plan a drastic change ?

3. Besides your frame which is god given as well as shape.....did you make a conscious effort to keep everythingsymetric and in proportion ? training and diet wise ..

i don't understand question #1

i am very fortunate that i dont get real fat in the offseason and can pretty much eat what ever i want...i still eat my bodybuilding food as i outlined earlier, but if i want McDonald's or pizza i'm going to eat it. i am trying to have one of the best offseasons ever.

it took me 16 fuckin years to get here, i'd be fool to not pay attention to what i need to do this offseason to improve....lol

years ago i actually tried to get huge, but that never happened...i could never pack on size like king or dexter....i'm more like a new version of frank zane...lol

i think we all try to get big when we first start out...but i quickly realized what kind of package i had, and never tried to play the size game.

ANIMAL

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2008, 10:52:39 AM »
First question refers to the fact that for the past 15 years personally I considered you a standard for body building physique wise ...

You ARE a modern Zane ...and that in itself is the best compliment ...

I'm saying thisa in a totally non gay way  :D

(you realized what your frame can optimally hold and stuck with it ...this is what they all should do IMO )

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2008, 12:54:28 PM »
i hustled to get my name out there, i made phone calls, contacted everyone...and bill liked my look enough to put me on the cover of muscle media.
i did get a lot of coverage for back then...i actually had to write letters to EVERYONE in every magazine...no internet back then.

Bill seemed like a decent guy.

it was the ONLY cover i ever been on.
cover thing 1 time is shame vin,i have that mag still ,and muscle mag vin pec training lol.....i'm a pack rat my wife wants to burn all of them.

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2008, 12:55:40 PM »
First question refers to the fact that for the past 15 years personally I considered you a standard for body building physique wise ...

You ARE a modern Zane ...and that in itself is the best compliment ...

I'm saying thisa in a totally non gay way  :D

(you realized what your frame can optimally hold and stuck with it ...this is what they all should do IMO )

thank you, and i took nothing in a gay way...lol

ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2008, 02:20:27 PM »
i don't understand question #1

i am very fortunate that i dont get real fat in the offseason and can pretty much eat what ever i want...i still eat my bodybuilding food as i outlined earlier, but if i want McDonald's or pizza i'm going to eat it. i am trying to have one of the best offseasons ever.

it took me 16 fuckin years to get here, i'd be fool to not pay attention to what i need to do this offseason to improve....lol

years ago i actually tried to get huge, but that never happened...i could never pack on size like king or dexter....i'm more like a new version of frank zane...lol

i think we all try to get big when we first start out...but i quickly realized what kind of package i had, and never tried to play the size game.

always admired your stick to your way plan,,,,btw i remember u saying about your metabolism and staying lean,i remember billy saffold blast from the past huh?told me vinny got a metabolism and lean like a brutha...lol,,,

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2008, 04:00:18 PM »
always admired your stick to your way plan,,,,btw i remember u saying about your metabolism and staying lean,i remember billy saffold blast from the past huh?told me vinny got a metabolism and lean like a brutha...lol,,,

yeah billy what a trip....lol

yeah even the ladies say the same thing...lol
ANIMAL

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2008, 04:27:20 PM »
vinny i ahve a question on your diet
i know u put like olive oil on your food during the diet and the times u would take your food in tupperware how would u deal w/ the oil that leaked off the food and soaked into the bottom of the plastic tupperware? or would u not worry about the oil or would u worry about missing part of your meal?
thanks
w

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2008, 04:54:16 PM »
actually i hate olive oil...i use macadamia nut oil...and i never use tuperwear, i only use SNAPWEAR, much better than tuperwear.

i take the bottle and a measuring spoon with me, and put the oil on when i'm about to eat.

you can get all cool cooking and kitchen stuff at bed bath and beyond...every bodybuilder should visit one, its a dream store....lol

ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2008, 04:55:57 PM »
u still do 4 day wkout,breakdown your bodyparts if u still follow that plan or not.

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2008, 05:00:14 PM »
u still do 4 day wkout,breakdown your bodyparts if u still follow that plan or not.

yes

monday: chest/triceps
wednesday: back/traps/abs
friday: shoulders/biceps
saturday: legs

i been doing the HIT training for the last 4 months, and i like it.
ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2008, 05:05:30 PM »
yes

monday: chest/triceps
wednesday: back/traps/abs
friday: shoulders/biceps
saturday: legs

i been doing the HIT training for the last 4 months, and i like it.
i follow same routine except traps with shoulders ,i gotta try to switch,i go mon,wed,thurs,sat,we gotta do legs soon bro ,i keep blowing off the chance .i'll get u pass i do legs every sat,i'll hit u up soon if u want .

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2008, 05:11:26 PM »
i follow same routine except traps with shoulders ,i gotta try to switch,i go mon,wed,thurs,sat,we gotta do legs soon bro ,i keep blowing off the chance .i'll get u pass i do legs every sat,i'll hit u up soon if u want .

you been saying this for 4 years now.....we are never training legs together...and we live 20 min from each other.....lol
ANIMAL

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2008, 05:12:15 PM »
cool thanks vinny
w

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2008, 06:07:03 PM »
you been saying this for 4 years now.....we are never training legs together...and we live 20 min from each other.....lol

less than 20 minutes lol....this is it, i will set it up.u have to supply the torrent tho lol...

derekanthony

• Getbig IV
  • derekanthony.com
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2008, 06:35:25 PM »
HEY VINNY COOL DEAL NETWORK ,NETWORK ,NETWORK! LOTS OF LUCK AND SUCCESS.

PEACE,

DA

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2008, 03:07:29 AM »
HEY VINNY COOL DEAL NETWORK ,NETWORK ,NETWORK! LOTS OF LUCK AND SUCCESS.

PEACE,

DA

good to meet you last week.....

what was that a brazilian ?

lol
ANIMAL

wnybodybuildingfan

• Getbig II
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2008, 07:33:26 AM »
Vinny congrats on turning pro.  Definately an inspirtation to push on year after year until you reached your goal.  Must have felt like a ton of bricks falling off of you.  Good luck with the upcoming contest season!

CAPTAIN INSANO

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2008, 09:28:54 AM »
Hey Vinny,

Is it true that you don't train calves? ??? ???

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2008, 10:50:17 AM »
Aloha Vinny, good to see that you are here answering questions and helping all of us.  Train to win bro, 202's! Take care, Faildo