Author Topic: Q&A with IFBB Pro Vinny Galanti  (Read 113631 times)

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
Re: Q&A with IFBB Pro Vinny Galanti
« Reply #475 on: July 01, 2010, 03:21:01 PM »
i remember some of the old ads,,i know u used metrx back in the day,did connelly ever formally try to get u onboard to represent them?

back in the day Met Rx had the BASE and the Plus. No product compared. It was stupid to change the formula.
anyone who used the base and plus, i'm sure did not stay on board very long using the new met rx formula.

i never met connelly, but i did get a contract with EAS from Bill Philips.
ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #476 on: July 01, 2010, 04:01:10 PM »
back in the day Met Rx had the BASE and the Plus. No product compared. It was stupid to change the formula.
anyone who used the base and plus, i'm sure did not stay on board very long using the new met rx formula.

i never met connelly, but i did get a contract with EAS from Bill Philips.
yeah that shit was costly lol,,,i remember some issues with u in muscle media some pics and the big cover ,i remember after your usa win jbn supp's had a good layout with some pics for there products and workout wear.i have so many old mags stuffed away my wife beats me up 4 it lol,,,,,calls me a pack rat.i asked before are u still on farahs plan or waiting till prep?

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #477 on: July 02, 2010, 02:27:50 AM »
yeah that shit was costly lol,,,i remember some issues with u in muscle media some pics and the big cover ,i remember after your usa win jbn supp's had a good layout with some pics for there products and workout wear.i have so many old mags stuffed away my wife beats me up 4 it lol,,,,,calls me a pack rat.i asked before are u still on farahs plan or waiting till prep?

holy crap....JBN I forgot all about them.....LOL

JBN was my very first sponsor out on PENN.

ANIMAL

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #478 on: July 02, 2010, 03:35:47 AM »
2 questions Vinny:

1. Your favorite Era of Bodybuilding?

2. If you could step in a time machine, who would you want to compete against regardless of the outcome

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #479 on: July 02, 2010, 04:19:59 AM »
2 questions Vinny:

1. Your favorite Era of Bodybuilding?

2. If you could step in a time machine, who would you want to compete against regardless of the outcome

1- right NOW. The 202 class is bringing conditioning back, and to a level we have not seen in a long time.
The bloated stomach is long gone, and rock hard ab's are back.

2- FRANK ZANE
ANIMAL

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #480 on: July 02, 2010, 06:10:53 AM »

1- right NOW. The 202 class is bringing conditioning back, and to a level we have not seen in a long time.
The bloated stomach is long gone, and rock hard ab's are back.

2- FRANK ZANE

Zane...Nice choice...

I know you have alot of things going on in your life right now but really.....when will we see you back on stage? I've watched you in the Amatures seemed like forever, not sure who had a longer tenure there...you or Chick (LOL)......I have MM2K mags with you and Danny Hester as the poster boys.......

Inquiring minds want to know

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #481 on: July 02, 2010, 08:51:04 AM »
Zane...Nice choice...

I know you have alot of things going on in your life right now but really.....when will we see you back on stage? I've watched you in the Amatures seemed like forever, not sure who had a longer tenure there...you or Chick (LOL)......I have MM2K mags with you and Danny Hester as the poster boys.......

Inquiring minds want to know

dont know as of yet. i'm enjoying a great offseason with a bunch of guest posings over the summer.

even though i'm 43, i dont feel that i'm done yet, and dont feel the need to rush into anything. it took me 16 years to get here, why not do it right. maybe i should never had competed last yr and took the yr off to settle, but it's working out great for me right now with the added time in the gym. the one thing that i battle with...i'm sick of sucking down into a weight class, so who knows...maybe i'll stay around 212 for my next show and mix up with some freaks in the open.

ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #482 on: July 02, 2010, 01:05:26 PM »
dont know as of yet. i'm enjoying a great offseason with a bunch of guest posings over the summer.

even though i'm 43, i dont feel that i'm done yet, and dont feel the need to rush into anything. it took me 16 years to get here, why not do it right. maybe i should never had competed last yr and took the yr off to settle, but it's working out great for me right now with the added time in the gym. the one thing that i battle with...i'm sick of sucking down into a weight class, so who knows...maybe i'll stay around 212 for my next show and mix up with some freaks in the open.

that'll work,,,i'm 42 and feel great,my wife is 34 and she's a slug lol,,,, 2 kid's will do that.training mid 30's till now is fantastic and no quit,training with same intensity and same weight and some movements more than i did in 20's and 30's,so all this crap about over the hill,hrt,,,is all good just not me right now or u as it seems.i do 4 day routine mon,wed,thurs,sat,and no cardio like u ,eat ,train,rest,repeat.zane and ur build i always liked to emulate or close to it.

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #483 on: July 02, 2010, 06:59:16 PM »
that'll work,,,i'm 42 and feel great,my wife is 34 and she's a slug lol,,,, 2 kid's will do that.training mid 30's till now is fantastic and no quit,training with same intensity and same weight and some movements more than i did in 20's and 30's,so all this crap about over the hill,hrt,,,is all good just not me right now or u as it seems.i do 4 day routine mon,wed,thurs,sat,and no cardio like u ,eat ,train,rest,repeat.zane and ur build i always liked to emulate or close to it.

it's funny, every guy i speak with that is in their early 30's say...noway at 40 will i be doing this.
i thought the same way when i was 33 and now that i found a good grove in training, past the ego stage, at 43 i feel good.

i just want to do it right, and not rush it.

i get alot of people saying...dont get huge and lose your v-shape. its not about getting huge for me, its all about not sucking down to make a weight anymore.

it was not enjoyable trying to make 198 all those years on the national level. and now, i just dont know what to do.
so thats why i'm doing NOTHING....lol

ANIMAL

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #484 on: July 02, 2010, 07:29:11 PM »
it's funny, every guy i speak with that is in their early 30's say...noway at 40 will i be doing this.
i thought the same way when i was 33 and now that i found a good grove in training, past the ego stage, at 43 i feel good.

i just want to do it right, and not rush it.

i get alot of people saying...dont get huge and lose your v-shape. its not about getting huge for me, its all about not sucking down to make a weight anymore.

it was not enjoyable trying to make 198 all those years on the national level. and now, i just dont know what to do.
so thats why i'm doing NOTHING....lol

i here ya vin,but what ur saying about getting huge in the 1st place that wasn't your goal or bodytype,think about all the guys u trained with or friends that were heavier or appeared bigger ,then u stripped down then it was all over due to your overall look,thats as important as trying to get bigger or being big.its all relative and everyone know matter what they do,take,force all peak size wise,its shape,structure,joint size,that u have no control over.you got enough respect over the yrs with what u had and did with it.its a tough challenge to take your body clean,unnatural and put it to yrs and yrs of eating to gain,leanout,train heavy,train with more intensity,over and over ect.fun stuff.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #485 on: July 02, 2010, 07:39:55 PM »
whats ur current diet like?training days?still h.i.t. training...

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #486 on: July 03, 2010, 03:45:44 AM »

Vinny,

I would love to see you go against someone like Hide who hovers around 215-220 but would really love to see you in the 202, maybe do some damage there and move up..

Will you be at the Universal booth at the Ct. Europa at the end of the month?

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #487 on: July 03, 2010, 08:06:45 PM »
whats ur current diet like?training days?still h.i.t. training...

no more HIT.

high volume training.

eating 5 meals daily with pro/carbs each meal
ANIMAL

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #488 on: July 03, 2010, 08:07:28 PM »
Vinny,

I would love to see you go against someone like Hide who hovers around 215-220 but would really love to see you in the 202, maybe do some damage there and move up..

Will you be at the Universal booth at the Ct. Europa at the end of the month?

we shall see....no i wont be in CT
ANIMAL

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #489 on: July 04, 2010, 11:00:22 AM »
no more HIT.

high volume training.

eating 5 meals daily with pro/carbs each meal

when you say high volume, what number of sets are we talking for each boddypart?

Also what would you reccommend for a guy with geneticaly weak abs? i have to get down to pretty low bf in order to fully see them.

what would you suggest (training wise) to do in order to make them thicker?

thanks

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #490 on: July 06, 2010, 01:43:05 PM »
when you say high volume, what number of sets are we talking for each boddypart?

Also what would you reccommend for a guy with geneticaly weak abs? i have to get down to pretty low bf in order to fully see them.

what would you suggest (training wise) to do in order to make them thicker?

thanks

i'm doing about 16 - 20 sets per body part, and i'm getting real decent gains from it...considering i'm 43 and pretty beat up from training for over 25 yrs. this style of training is giving my joints a much needed break, but...i'm actually getting bigger from it.
i like doing old fashioned crunches off the floor and with the rope off a pully. i too need to be very lean in order to my abs.
ANIMAL

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #491 on: July 06, 2010, 01:56:41 PM »
I know Vinny is too modest to be posting pictures of himself (so i will lol!)
this pic is ridiculous!
(at 43 i think?)
Unreal!

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #492 on: July 06, 2010, 01:59:36 PM »
this pic is ridiculous!
(at 43 i think?)
Unreal!
awesome image of the Vin man!!!!! Thanks, Mike!

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #493 on: July 06, 2010, 02:02:27 PM »
awesome image of the Vin man!!!!! Thanks, Mike!
  n/p!   ;)

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #494 on: July 06, 2010, 02:04:34 PM »
Vin

When you train, do you use any super setting.....or drop sets???? How long will you rest between sets??? Do you feel that the magazines confuse readers by not reporting training routines accurately???

seems like the magazines don't correctly report training routines of the top bodybuilders....when you go out to venice, you see how the champs actually workout......do you agree with me here???

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #495 on: July 06, 2010, 08:30:07 PM »
i'm doing about 16 - 20 sets per body part, and i'm getting real decent gains from it...considering i'm 43 and pretty beat up from training for over 25 yrs. this style of training is giving my joints a much needed break, but...i'm actually getting bigger from it.
i like doing old fashioned crunches off the floor and with the rope off a pully. i too need to be very lean in order to my abs.
true,,other than some elbow pain ,i'always liked this style,chest and delts 14-16 set,back 15-18,bi's tri's 9-12,legs 12-14 hams 6-8 calves 2x per wk,yes abs on floor propped on bench 5lb plate in hand sets 20-25 ..cool stuff vin.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #496 on: July 15, 2010, 12:41:24 PM »
Vin,

Do you ever get acid reflux??? I recently quit drinking coffee due to the fact that the acid was killing me....to the point where I was unable to keep food down.....I did have an endoscopy done and they found nothing serious but they did tell me to get this under control. Just wondering if you ever suffer from this at all.....or people you know??? I may start using some papaya for easier digestion. Thanks in advance!

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #497 on: July 18, 2010, 10:16:38 AM »
this pic is ridiculous!
(at 43 i think?)
Unreal!

thanks mike, that pic was 2 days out from last years (2009) 202 ny pro age 42. i totally made bad choices to get "harder" the last 48 hours and i came into the contest in very flat condition.

can anyone post up both pictures side by side?

ANIMAL

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #498 on: July 18, 2010, 10:23:10 AM »
Vin

When you train, do you use any super setting.....or drop sets???? How long will you rest between sets??? Do you feel that the magazines confuse readers by not reporting training routines accurately???

seems like the magazines don't correctly report training routines of the top bodybuilders....when you go out to venice, you see how the champs actually workout......do you agree with me here???

i have been talking to john defendis for the last 6 months, and i have adopted his method of high sets and reps. i do around 15 - 20 reps per set and about 16-20 sets per body part. i did try even higher amounts of sets like 25, but i respond better to no more than 20.

i do drop sets, super sets, and even giant sets.

i been training since i'm 16 yrs old, have a shoulder injury and most of my joints need a good warm-up, this style of training works great for me.

i think the mags get it pretty close to what the guys do in the gym.
ANIMAL

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #499 on: July 18, 2010, 10:26:59 AM »
Vin,

Do you ever get acid reflux??? I recently quit drinking coffee due to the fact that the acid was killing me....to the point where I was unable to keep food down.....I did have an endoscopy done and they found nothing serious but they did tell me to get this under control. Just wondering if you ever suffer from this at all.....or people you know??? I may start using some papaya for easier digestion. Thanks in advance!

until i started using prevacid, i couldn't  bend over to tie my shoes without something coming up.

ANIMAL