Author Topic: Day off-complete rest, cardio session, or somewhere in between?!?!  (Read 1266 times)

roastbeef1

• Getbig II
  • where's the beef?
okay, so I am taking a day off.  Any suggestions as to what a day of should entail?   Do you guys suggest doing some light cardio, stretching, or just kicking back and relaxing.  I train 5 days a week, and while I do not devote a day to cardio right now, I take relatively short breaks inbetween sets, roughly 30-45 secs or so, and I can feel my heart rate up at or near the same as when I do occasionally jog or hit the bike.  I will gladly hit the gym up for some cardio if need be(enjoy the routine of the gym as much as anything else), but if you guys suggest just taken it easy on a day off, I am certainly up for that too.   :)

THX

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: Day off-complete rest, cardio session, or somewhere in between?!?!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 04:51:07 AM »
Just relax.

If you do sports, it should be on a playstation.

After all, it's an OFF day.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 06:53:54 AM »
DK is right."Rome wasn't built in a day" ;)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 08:40:30 AM »
Depends what you wanna achieve.

Myself I only got 1 day a week that is complete rest, otherwise I do sports or work cardio, sometimes twice a day.

This is pretty common.
Z

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 09:18:51 AM »
Depends what you wanna achieve.

Myself I only got 1 day a week that is complete rest, otherwise I do sports or work cardio, sometimes twice a day.

This is pretty common.

yes sure you do.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 10:20:51 AM »
yes sure you do.

Yes, because thats what you do when you like me train martial arts, you might run in the morning then have class at night, or if you compete you might hit both cardio and weight lifting and class and compete on the weekends. This isnt uncommon.

Only bodybuilders feel they need to rest all the time because they hit shoulders with a couple of sets...

Might wanna check out how real athletes train in numerous sports and you'll find that the 3-4 days a week bodybuilding program aint shit.

Z

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 11:19:27 AM »
::)

wildsteve

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 06:08:38 PM »
Yes, because thats what you do when you like me train martial arts, you might run in the morning then have class at night, or if you compete you might hit both cardio and weight lifting and class and compete on the weekends. This isnt uncommon.

Only bodybuilders feel they need to rest all the time because they hit shoulders with a couple of sets...

Might wanna check out how real athletes train in numerous sports and you'll find that the 3-4 days a week bodybuilding program aint shit.

Share your split, workouts, routines, everything. I'm  curious, not trying to be a dick.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 05:00:31 AM »
Rest sounds good if you are training 5 days a week and not worried about trying to drop body fat in a hurry.

:)

The Coach

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 08:46:01 AM »
okay, so I am taking a day off.  Any suggestions as to what a day of should entail?   Do you guys suggest doing some light cardio, stretching, or just kicking back and relaxing.  I train 5 days a week, and while I do not devote a day to cardio right now, I take relatively short breaks inbetween sets, roughly 30-45 secs or so, and I can feel my heart rate up at or near the same as when I do occasionally jog or hit the bike.  I will gladly hit the gym up for some cardio if need be(enjoy the routine of the gym as much as anything else), but if you guys suggest just taken it easy on a day off, I am certainly up for that too.   :)

THX

Nothing.