Author Topic: King, what do you mean when you say you would be "Dead"....  (Read 2932 times)

Alex23

King, what do you mean when you say you would be "Dead"....
« on: December 04, 2008, 12:06:35 PM »
Do you mean if you tried to keep on with the same conditioning you achieved in 2000-2001 or do you mean if you kept doing what other pros were or are still doing?

King Kamali

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Back With A Vengeance
Re: King, what do you mean when you say you would be "Dead"....
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 05:43:26 PM »
I am the type of person that would take things to the limits of near death if needed and I did so in 2001. I knew the only way I was going to be in the mix with freaks like Wheeler, Cormier, Coleman, El Sombaty, etc.... was to come in with insane conditioning and that my friend takes drastic measures. I blame no one but myself.. It was a decision I made and no one forced me to do so. In 2003 at the NOC I did everything correct and the night before the show I was given a choice by my trainer to push the limits or be safe and I chose to be safe. I looked fantastic and got the first call out against Victor and Titus and eventually placed 4th but I will be the first to say that if I had pushed it I would have been right there with Victor for the win. The Atlantic City this year is another good example.. You all have seen the pics of what I looked like hours before the show and once again Jim and I decided not to push things and play it safe. 1.5 pounds of water and I would have looked retarded but at a price. We made the right choice and I am healthy.

Alex23

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 06:01:14 PM »
Outstanding honesty.

Thanks King.

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 07:36:53 PM »
 STAY HEALTHY BRO.. DONT PUSH THE "CONDITIONING" THING TOO FAR.. AFTER ALL.. WHO ELSE WOULD SOME OF THESE GUYS HAVE TO ABUSE IF SOMETHING WERE TO HAPPEN TO YOU..LOL ;)

King Kamali

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Back With A Vengeance
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 09:27:43 PM »
Sorry for the late response LATS.. I was getting a blowjob from my hot ass wife. ;).. The abuse that Chic and I have dished out to the bucktooth jackasses is just about the biggest bitch slap to these nerds as you can get. LOL is just about right :-*

Alex23

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 01:10:21 AM »
King, when you say "pushing things" you're obviously referring to diuretics only? Have you ever had to take a step back and revisit your drug regiment in the offseason / prep phase?