Author Topic: Off-season update.  (Read 14439 times)

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
Re: Off-season update.
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2008, 07:52:40 PM »
"king"

do you consider your back one of the best ones ever? also i would like to know whats your oppinion about lobarede having one of the best delts (as it was published once in one of those losy bodybuilding mags)

ASJChaotic

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2008, 08:03:23 PM »
MemberX:  Strength always came easy for me. When I was a gymnast I had no problem performing the strength moves as a matter of fact in the State (Virginia) I was known as the Iron Cross guy. I could do the Iron Cross 3 different ways and hold it for a long period of time. Now mind you I don't train like a powerbuilder anymore.. That would be too dangerous and stupid at this point in my career. Here are some personal bests:

Flat Dumbbell Presses:  180's for 8
Bench Press: 585 lbs. for 6
Military Presses: 315 for 6
Squat: 700 lbs. for 3
Deadlift: 700 lbs. for 3 or 4.. I can't remember.

HOLY SH*T  :o
A LOT stronger than I thought

Have a great season big guy  8)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2008, 09:09:09 PM »
Taking advantage of the rebound and staying lean. Something that most will not do since it requires some discipline. Of course this will only last for so long. Oh, and no way will he ever see 320. What he weighs is no no importance anyway.

Stavios

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2008, 06:20:34 AM »
One final note.. I would love to be "on" but in order to improve one has to be able to get smaller in the off-season and let the body go back to normal.

yeah most don't agree with this but I feel the same way.
After I have been "on" for a while, I feel the gains stops. I have to go Off for a while and then when I go back on again it works fine

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2008, 07:43:52 AM »
Gotta` clean out those receptors and let the body recoup.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2008, 07:48:58 AM »
King,looking real good bro.....never beleive that you cannot make gains/progress while off the juice......it`s all a head game,be mentally strong/positive,and you`ll still progress.

Keep pumping!

Stavios

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2008, 07:53:13 AM »
Gotta` clean out those receptors and let the body recoup.

agreed !
some guys prefer to stay on all the time but it doesn't work for me, I prefer taking breaks

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2008, 08:47:14 AM »
Here are some personal bests:

Bench Press: 585 lbs. for 6
sorry king, but i must call bs on that ;D

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2008, 08:52:34 AM »

yes, it was 585 for 10.  ::)

ASJChaotic

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2008, 08:58:26 AM »

it was surprising to see he is stronger than Kevin Levrone and Ronnie Coleman in that lift.

King Kamali

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Back With A Vengeance
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2008, 12:03:44 PM »
benz:  One of the best ever.. Not yet... Still need more lumps.

triple_pickle: Well if 6 plates on each side is 585 lbs. than yes I have done it for a few reps. I did 405 lbs. for 12 on Thursday with reletavive ease.. I did a photo shoot with Ronnie, Rico, and Aaron Maddron a few years back and we were throwing around some serious weight. Ronnie was spotting me when I went to 450+ on the incline bench for 8... Next time you see Big Nasty just ask him about that shoot :-*

DonkeyKong:  I train at Premier Fitness in Nanuet NY everynight at 5:30 PM. You are more than welcome to come and join me for a training session. I would recommend coming on Tuesdays (legs) ;).. I'm sure it will be an eye opening revelation for you.

MemberX: That statement is not true.. I have personally seen Kevin rep out 405 like it was 225.. I'm sure he could have done it. And as for Ronnie... Come on man..

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2008, 12:19:12 PM »
MemberX: That statement is not true.. I have personally seen Kevin rep out 405 like it was 225.. I'm sure he could have done it. And as for Ronnie... Come on man..

What did Ronnie do in his video, 500 for a couple?

It all depends on how you do the lift, if you have the spotter fingers under the bar ("no spot I swear, it's all you"  :D) etc. I don't think there's a pro who could rep a 585 free bar full range bench. If Ronnie or Kevin claimed a single, sure, I could believe it.

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2008, 12:35:36 PM »
What did Ronnie do in his video, 500 for a couple?

It all depends on how you do the lift, if you have the spotter fingers under the bar ("no spot I swear, it's all you"  :D) etc. I don't think there's a pro who could rep a 585 free bar full range bench. If Ronnie or Kevin claimed a single, sure, I could believe it.

i think joelocal benched 500 back when he was 18

ASJChaotic

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2008, 01:52:02 PM »

LOL see for yourself

Ronnie struggling to do 495 for 5

Kevin struggling to do 500 for 4

wnybodybuildingfan

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2008, 07:27:48 AM »
King you are looking great.  When will we see you on stage again? 

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2008, 10:52:33 AM »

He is using the Smith machine. 

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2008, 06:39:10 PM »
I gotta say you look really good  for off season. You're weak points don't look so weak there. Maybe you don't need to do as many chemicals as you did before? I'd bail on the synthol and insulin altogether, and keep the other ones modest. You have plenty of size, bro. Forget bodyweight, just bring the lines and shape and I'd see you top echelon easily. Just my 2 cents.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2008, 06:42:12 PM »
welcome back to the boards king
are u ready for xmas?
have u gotten a tree yet?
w

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2008, 07:31:44 PM »
King you are looking great.  When will we see you on stage again? 

I was wondering the same thing, be good to see the grizzled veteran up on stage kickin a little ass.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2008, 09:22:19 AM »
Sadly lots of naysayers will refuse t belive I guy can get decent size and be mostly clean.
Good for you KING, revamp that physique and return to stage with new, improved 2009 model.
It is a tough lineup now, but you know what needs to be done, good luck.
Howard in Ga

chaos:  Sorry about the confusion.. I will clear up what I mean by CLEAN:

1. No Anabolic steroids.
2. No Androgenic steroids.
3. No insulin.
4. No GH.
5. No IGF-1
6. No stimulants.
7. No Pro-Hormones.

flexingtonsteele:  Thanks man.. But the feeling is just not there. If not for the magic powder I would be losing my mind. ;)

King Kamali

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Back With A Vengeance
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2008, 09:30:13 PM »
wnybodybuildingfan:  Thanks... Don't know right now but Jim and I have a master plan. So far this has been my best off-season and the first time I have used the magic powder.. NY Pro looks interesting and so does the Europa.. We shall see.

intenceman:  Agreed on everything. I know I have the size I just wanted arms and sweeps to catch up to everything else and they are getting there fast. The next time I step on an IFBB stage I will have to match/beat my all time best conditioning.. It should be fun.

NaturalWonder83:  I have a tree with lots of presents already decorating it. It's all about my baby girl and she will get anything and everything she wants.

polychronopolous:  "Grizzled"??? Thanks, I guess ??? :-\

Howard:  I surprised myself this year with the size I kept cleaning out. I dropped the weight and increased the reps and ate 8 meals daily.. and of course the magic powder... It did the trick. BUT, being on is a feeling that cannot be replaced... Full and hard even in your sleep.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2008, 12:52:41 AM »
I positivly believes he is clean  :)

he had a show not too long ago, with the rebound afterward + the post cycle therapy, it is very believable that he is clean.

when you do a show, you will understand bro  :)
Staying "big" is much easier the few months that follows a show, even if he is clean.

no ...

a few months of clean would mean a quick reverting back to his smaller and smaller self ...

2 months clean and he is 297 ? come on now ...I actually like king but I never understood how a pro can post a pic at almost 300 lbs and try to convince me he's been clean for a few months ..

wnybodybuildingfan

• Getbig II
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2008, 04:21:29 AM »
King, definitely looking forward to seeing you on stage again.  You are one of the best modern day posers.  I always look forward to watching your entertaining routine.

King Kamali

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Back With A Vengeance
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2008, 08:25:46 AM »
sevastase:  Again I will take your comments as a huge compliment. It's a shame that you have convinced yourself that one has to be "on" to maintain size. Since the AC Pro I have done nothing, period. My advice to you would be to try what I do for one week (meaning: 8 meals daily, training heavy and intensity, deep tissue massage, 14 hours of sleep daily, etc...) and I'm sure you will start seeing results without drugs. Now, that being said I LOVE being "on" and nothing else feels like it but as for now, sorry bud but I am clean.

wnybodybuildingfan:  Thanks... The posing comes easy for me.. I just try to have fun. The best is yet to come.. I'm thinking about bringing a major celebrity on stage with me for a crazy posing routine the next time around.. Should be interesting.

EBA84

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2008, 01:38:11 PM »
What is this "magic powder" you keep referring to?

I believe you are clean. Like Jim said, if you do it right after a contest you can maintain good size and pretty decent conditioning for an extended period. Most guys just eat like pigs after a contest and miss out on the rebound.