Author Topic: Americans angry over US-Mexico border fence  (Read 9368 times)

Decker

• Getbig V
Re: Americans angry over US-Mexico border fence
« Reply #100 on: December 09, 2008, 03:01:02 PM »
good lord im not reading all that, you keep harping on how much it will cost but ignore the fact that we pay billions a year in dealing with the problems that illegal immigrants create.
No I don't ignore the costs.  Do you know the billions illegals add to our economy?

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #101 on: December 09, 2008, 03:20:59 PM »
No I don't ignore the costs.  Do you know the billions illegals add to our economy?
You seriously think having large numbers of undocumented people in the U.S. is a good thing, Decker?  ???
!

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #102 on: December 09, 2008, 03:23:11 PM »
You seriously think having large numbers of undocumented people in the U.S. is a good thing, Decker?  ???

I'm starting to think he's an illegal immigrant with regular access to the internet  ;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: December 09, 2008, 03:28:36 PM »
i agree but those jobs they do can be done by legal citizens could they not? whether those jobs are done by illegals or citizens will still add to the economy but by limiting the illegals it will limit the costs do you not see that?

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: December 09, 2008, 03:38:28 PM »

I'm starting to think he's an illegal immigrant with regular access to the internet  ;D
Shit, some of these illegals make good (tax free) money. He might have a better computer than you or I.  ;D
!

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2008, 06:45:43 AM »
No.  It's not fair to the legal immigrants.

The problem is so intertwined with the interests of big business, societal considerations and punitive realities that there is no THE answer.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2008, 07:05:34 AM »
No.  It's not fair to the legal immigrants.

The problem is so intertwined with the interests of big business, societal considerations and punitive realities that there is no THE answer.

By over-complicating the problem, the result is usually nothing being done and the problem getting worse. 

Any time there is a crakdown on illegals, the parade of whiners and sob-stories comes out of the wood work to try to garner sympathy.  Sadly, it usually works on liberal do gooders who dont have to live in proximity to this invasion.

Of course there is no one single answer, however, there are many steps to be taken immediately that would greatly curtail the mess we have today.

No. 1 - stop all welfare to illegals.

No. 2.  have hospitals treat all illegal aliens but as a condition of accepting state aid, they have to notify ICE when illegals show up for treatment. 

No. 3.  Severly fine employers caught hiring illegals.

No. 4.  The wall and fence.

No. 5.  End the anchor baby situation.

This would go a long way. 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2008, 07:56:26 AM »
By over-complicating the problem, the result is usually nothing being done and the problem getting worse. 

Any time there is a crakdown on illegals, the parade of whiners and sob-stories comes out of the wood work to try to garner sympathy.  Sadly, it usually works on liberal do gooders who dont have to live in proximity to this invasion.

Of course there is no one single answer, however, there are many steps to be taken immediately that would greatly curtail the mess we have today.

No. 2.  have hospitals treat all illegal aliens but as a condition of accepting state aid, they have to notify ICE when illegals show up for treatment. 

I agree with the INS sweeps and fines but Big Business has a strong lobby and those fines would be shut down.

I think I've given this topic enough.  Illegal immigration is just not that big a deal.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: December 10, 2008, 08:02:12 AM »
I agree with the INS sweeps and fines but Big Business has a strong lobby and those fines would be shut down.

I think I've given this topic enough.  Illegal immigration is just not that big a deal.

Maybe to you.  Everyday on the drive to work I get to see hundreds of these people lined up and down the streets resembling Mexico City. 

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #109 on: December 10, 2008, 08:07:12 AM »

It's a shame you think that...illegal immigration is a big deal. It is another major problem that nobody wants to do what is necessary to fix.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: December 10, 2008, 08:18:32 AM »

I think I could co-sign this. Just add on that when illegals are found, they should be given 48 hours to pack up their shit before deportation.
!

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: December 10, 2008, 08:53:42 AM »
Ending public payments to illegals is the most effective step. These 3rd worlders have financially broken California.

Anyone think it's strange that a household of 8-10, incliding 6 kids can live on a couple minimum wage jobs? People from foreign lands actually come here just to have kids and go on various welfare programs.

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #112 on: December 10, 2008, 11:13:50 AM »
Even Canada doesn't allow anchor babies for illegal immigrants. 

Just because a form is available doesn't mean immigrants actually fill it out!  Not to mention ID fraud because of the amount of fake SS cards floating around. 

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: December 10, 2008, 03:01:11 PM »
The big problem nowadays is that people don't have to prove anything to get public welfare. It's true that illegals can't apply for most welfare handouts, but all they have to do to beat the system is not do anything in terms of proving their identity.

When an illegal gets a job, they present a Social Security card. Even if it's fake you (the employer) has to take it. It takes 6 F*ING MONTHS for the government to do anything about seeing if it's real or not, and even then the illegal has 90 days to reply. If they don't respond (and I'd imagine 100% do not) they get another letter, etc., etc.

When it comes down to 'brass tacks', they buy another card off the black market and start the process all over again....

There is so much identity fraud in this country it's unbelievable.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #114 on: December 10, 2008, 11:14:46 PM »
The big problem nowadays is that people don't have to prove anything to get public welfare. It's true that illegals can't apply for most welfare handouts, but all they have to do to beat the system is not do anything in terms of proving their identity.

When an illegal gets a job, they present a Social Security card. Even if it's fake you (the employer) has to take it. It takes 6 F*ING MONTHS for the government to do anything about seeing if it's real or not, and even then the illegal has 90 days to reply. If they don't respond (and I'd imagine 100% do not) they get another letter, etc., etc.

When it comes down to 'brass tacks', they buy another card off the black market and start the process all over again....

There is so much identity fraud in this country it's unbelievable.

If the government really wanted they could get rid of them in a couple of months...too bad they don't. :-\

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: December 11, 2008, 08:26:03 AM »

If the government really wanted they could get rid of them in a couple of months...too bad they don't. :-\

Funny how Visa can make a hologram, data-encrypted high-tech card, and the US Government can only come up with a typed ID card on cheap paper.....

I could go make 1000 fake SS cards right now on my desktop that would pass muster....

Something funny about that....

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: December 11, 2008, 08:33:11 AM »
Funny how Visa can make a hologram, data-encrypted high-tech card, and the US Government can only come up with a typed ID card on cheap paper.....

I could go make 1000 fake SS cards right now on my desktop that would pass muster....

Something funny about that....

They dont want to fix it! 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #117 on: December 11, 2008, 08:38:06 AM »

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #118 on: December 11, 2008, 08:46:37 AM »
333386, I would agree with that program as well.  I'd also like to see all criminals deported and a pathway to citizenship (with a fine) for illegals that are here and want to apply.

Decker is right, there is no easy answer the fence alone will not fix our problem.  And big business is probably pushing its weight around, as he said.  However, illegal immigration is a big issue that can change this country little by little.  Not as much as the financial crisis right now, but it is more important than a host of others that come up frequently.

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #119 on: December 11, 2008, 12:06:34 PM »
333386, I would agree with that program as well.  I'd also like to see all criminals deported and a pathway to citizenship (with a fine) for illegals that are here and want to apply.

Decker is right, there is no easy answer the fence alone will not fix our problem.  And big business is probably pushing its weight around, as he said.  However, illegal immigration is a big issue that can change this country little by little.  Not as much as the financial crisis right now, but it is more important than a host of others that come up frequently.

Exactly...the illegal immigration problem is a very slow wound that is bleeding.  It will eventually kill us if we don't plug it.(So will our foreign and monetary policy for the record)  It's like we are getting it from multiple sides and our government won't do a damn thing about any of it.  That's what really is bugging me...the bailouts(bullshit), Iraq(bullshit), etc.  It's like they all have their heads in the sand about the things that can and are currently hurting our country as a whole.

You know there is some corruption now when local police and municipal courts don't have the power to deport people when they do something wrong.