Author Topic: What's more important in a gym?  (Read 1692 times)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
What's more important in a gym?
« on: December 05, 2008, 06:56:25 PM »
A good squat rack and plenty of free weights or a good juice/smoothie bar? It's such an inconvenience to make your own shakes and bring them in, plus they always seem to taste better when someone else makes them for some reason. On the other hand, squatting, while hard and a bit too labor intensive for me personally, is a decent way to make your legs grow. This is a tough one.
E

Klaus Deurring

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
Re: What's more important in a gym?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 06:59:41 PM »
i dont like homosexuals.

aglifter

• Getbig III
  • Conan! What is best in life?
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 07:13:14 PM »
Is this a serious question?

ASJChaotic

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 07:15:42 PM »
so you're asking what would be better in a GYM
a smoothie bar or weights?  ???

go to a smoothie bar for smoothies

go to a gym for weights and working out

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 07:16:33 PM »
Weights...followed closely by hot pussy....
HAHA, RON.....

aglifter

• Getbig III
  • Conan! What is best in life?
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 07:18:36 PM »
If i had to choose I would say a water fountain so I can hang around it and pretend to work out.

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 08:11:54 PM »
I think besides the proper equipment. I think a cool staff is important. A staff the loves the gym and brings a positive feeling to the place and keeps it clean. Dirty gyms and jerk off trainers are the worst.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 06:29:20 AM »
I think besides the proper equipment. I think a cool staff is important. A staff the loves the gym and brings a positive feeling to the place and keeps it clean. Dirty gyms and jerk off trainers are the worst.

Staff is important, but staff that can make a mean protein shake is even better.
E

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 06:30:34 AM »
smoothie bar cuz u dont need lots of equipment to get a good workout in
w

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 06:32:29 AM »
Staff is important, but staff that can make a mean protein shake is even better.

Yep - I always feel that a nice lounge area is always important too - you know, somewhere you can sit and shoot the breeze with "the guys" and point out all the mistakes that the poor schmucks are doing in the gym area working hard like idiots while I'm sitting in the lounge area improving my social life and chatting to all the fitness sluts.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 06:32:57 AM »
smoothie bar cuz u dont need lots of equipment to get a good workout in

That's what I was thinking Gene. Sometimes too much equipment is a waste anyway. Just target the muscles with big compound movements and sip on your smoothie.
E

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2008, 06:33:39 AM »
That's what I was thinking Gene. Sometimes too much equipment is a waste anyway. Just target the muscles with big compound movements and sip on your smoothie.
x2
w

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2008, 06:34:11 AM »
Yep - I always feel that a nice lounge area is always important too - you know, somewhere you can sit and shoot the breeze with "the guys" and point out all the mistakes that the poor schmucks are doing in the gym area working hard like idiots while I'm sitting in the lounge area improving my social life and chatting to all the fitness sluts.

You and I think alike. That's why I am trying to get a Starbucks as well as a kick ass smoothie bar added to my gym, or at least find a gym that has those things.
E

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2008, 06:38:41 AM »
A good squat rack and plenty of free weights or a good juice/smoothie bar? It's such an inconvenience to make your own shakes and bring them in, plus they always seem to taste better when someone else makes them for some reason. On the other hand, squatting, while hard and a bit too labor intensive for me personally, is a decent way to make your legs grow. This is a tough one.

How a bout a smoothie bar with a squat rack??

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2008, 06:40:08 AM »

That's it? Just a squat rack? How about a Bench press and a pulldown machine? You can't gt big from squatting alone.
E

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2008, 06:44:42 AM »
That's it? Just a squat rack? How about a Bench press and a pulldown machine? You can't gt big from squatting alone.

WTF??

It's not a gym, it's a smoothie bar not a gym.

If you can squat 500 for ten reps, you get a strawberry smoothie for free.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2008, 06:46:11 AM »

Agreed, a smoothie rack.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2008, 06:46:32 AM »
WTF??

It's not a gym, it's a smoothie bar not a gym.

If you can squat 500 for ten reps, you get a strawberry smoothie for free.

I don't see the synergy there tbh. A gym needs a smoothie bar, most people wouldn't go there without one. Now a smoothie bar doesn't really need a squat rack. Have you ever had a smoothie? They sell themselves, they are delicious.
E

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2008, 06:52:01 AM »
Agreed, a smoothie rack.

how about smoothiebarbells?

I don't see the synergy there tbh. A gym needs a smoothie bar, most people wouldn't go there without one. Now a smoothie bar doesn't really need a squat rack. Have you ever had a smoothie? They sell themselves, they are delicious.

i disagree. people go to the gym to get lean and muscular, not to stuffe themselves with sugary shit.

If you put a squat rack into a smoothie bar, all the health-type people would go there, because they know they can work off the calories from the smooothie right there with some squats.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2008, 06:54:09 AM »

i disagree. people go to the gym to get lean and muscular,

That is actually just a bonus. Most people go to socialize and have delicious drinks. Sometimes I go for the smoothie and tanning and figure since I am there I may as well do a few sets.
E

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2008, 07:08:03 AM »
As a trainee the weights
A gym owner...the bar...my gym has a kitchen type thing...makes more money than the membership combined from everyone

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2008, 07:10:00 AM »
Sometimes I go for the smoothie and tanning and figure since I am there I may as well do a few sets.

Hardcore..lifting the smoothie can be considered a few extra sets. You must be a monster lol

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2008, 07:13:49 AM »
danielson, some of those broke clowns don't know what it's like to have someone prepare your shake for you...unless it's at McD's....hahaha, pathetic.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2008, 07:15:56 AM »
Naturally he would be more interested in things like a juice bar, tanning, and wine tasting in a gym then actually going in to do some work and make himself grow. Danielson is a metrosexual and part of a new movement where the gym is viewed as a social club. I try to ignore these people when i see them in the gym but it can be pretty difficult sometimes when they are laying on equipment you need. They are typically profiled as skinny fat in the 130-160 range, wearing sleeveless shirts, and stink boy polyester shorts of some sort. Hey Danielson, can you post that crazy vacuum shot for us all to see? Very impressive. Danielson, why is it in every community you try to be apart of you have to be on the fringe? I mean i know how fun it is to try to go against the grain and that's usually how i conduct myself as well but the act is getting kind of old.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2008, 07:19:18 AM »
Naturally he would be more interested in things like a juice bar, tanning, and wine tasting in a gym then actually going in to do some work and make himself grow. Danielson is a metrosexual and part of a new movement where the gym is viewed as a social club. I try to ignore these people when i see them in the gym but it can be pretty difficult sometimes when they are laying on equipment you need. They are typically profiled as skinny fat in the 130-160 range, wearing sleeveless shirts, and stink boy polyester shorts of some sort. Hey Danielson, can you post that crazy vacuum shot for us all to see? Very impressive. Danielson, why is it in every community you try to be apart of you have to be on the fringe? I mean i know how fun it is to try to go against the grain and that's usually how i conduct myself as well but the act is getting kind of old.

Leafy don't anger danielson...he will get his butler to pop round and give you what for...