Author Topic: RON PAUL ON GUN CONTROL - THIS GUY GETS IT!  (Read 9913 times)

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
Re: RON PAUL ON GUN CONTROL - THIS GUY GETS IT!
« Reply #100 on: December 19, 2008, 08:50:54 AM »

How about some original thoughts instead, sport?

You make decker look smart. Stunning logic. Thus my comments about your ignorance. If anyone wants to educate you, that's up to them. I supplied a full study from that Harvard Journal regarding gun laws/gun ownership and it's effects on murder, etc, and you ignored it. That tells me again, you have no interests in actually researching the topic, just posting to hear yourself blather on.

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #101 on: December 19, 2008, 08:52:29 AM »
Are you on drugs?????  Other countries have gun producers and guns get smuggled from oversea to criminals all the time.  Like Russian and Chinese AK 47s, SKS, Saiga's, etc.

Additionally, there are milllions and millions of guns already in circulation.  It is impossible to impound every one of them.

You are clearly living in fantasy land.

The 2nd amendment in OUR COUNTRY was so that the citizens themselves had the power to defend themselves from tyrants both domestic and abroad.

Yes, but he's an expert on our country 'cause he took a course here his senior year.  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #102 on: December 19, 2008, 09:11:17 AM »
Chicago and police officers lose case and $7.7 million for false arrest
Woman pulled cop from wrecked car in 2002, but police said she stole service weapon
By Monique Garcia and David Heinzmann
June 12, 2008

A trained nurse, Rachelle Jackson immediately ran toward the sound of the crash. A Chicago police car had collided with another vehicle and was starting to smoke, two officers still inside. Fearing an explosion, she quickly pulled one officer from the passenger side.She never imagined her act of kindness nearly six years ago would land her in jail for more than 10 months on charges that she robbed, battered and disarmed a peace officer.

Jackson filed a lawsuit, and on Thursday a federal jury found against the city and several Chicago police officers, awarding Jackson $7.7 million for false arrest, malicious prosecution, coercive questioning and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

“I’m going to go home and lie down for a little bit,” an ecstatic Jackson, 41, said after the verdict. “I feel relieved. I’m happy, and I’m thanking God.”

The case began in November 2002, when a car ran a stop sign in Jackson’s neighborhood, slamming into the squad car. Jackson was walking nearby and rushed to the scene. When she arrived, the officer behind the wheel was unconscious and the passenger, Officer Kelly Brogan, was dazed.

She pulled Brogan from the wreckage and helped her to a nearby stoop. Soon after, police approached Jackson and told her that the driver’s weapon had been stolen. When she was asked to go to the police station for questioning, she thought it was as a witness to the accident.

Instead, Jackson was accused of the theft. She was held for two days with little food and water and was threatened with violence until she agreed to sign a statement police had prepared for her. She was then charged and spent more than 10 months in the Cook County Jail awaiting trial.

Her case was later thrown out by a Circuit Court judge. Jackson sued the city, Brogan and the two interrogation officers in 2003.

Defense attorney Andrew Hale said the amount the jury awarded Jackson was “excessive” and that he would file post-trial motions to have the amount reduced.

He also questioned Jackson’s intentions when she pulled the officer from the car.

“The officer said [Jackson] came at her, tried to get her gun and put her in a full-Nelson hold,” Hale said. “I’m disappointed the jury could think that would be a legitimate rescue technique.”

But Jackson’s attorneys said it was clear she was trying to help the officer, not harm her.

“This was an innocent woman who saved a police officer from a burning car,” said Chris Smith, who tried the case with Dan Alexander. “There were many heroes out there who helped the police, but they all turned into suspects because some guy ran away with the gun.”

mcgarcia@tribune.com

dheinzmann@tribune.com
________________________ ________________________ ______ 

DOES ANYONE THINK THESE ARE THE TYPES OF COPS WHO WILL PROTECT US?????????????????

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #103 on: December 19, 2008, 09:30:14 AM »
Yes, but he's an expert on our country 'cause he took a course here his senior year.  ::)
You were the one questioning whether I had any knowledge of the US Constitution.
I simply gave you an honest reply and now you're mocking that?
Too funny.

I don't see why you need to have a degree in political science to be allowed to discuss politics.
I don't discriminate that way at least.

Btw, you still haven't shown me exactly what my previous ignorant comments were. 
As empty as paradise

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: December 19, 2008, 09:37:20 AM »
I have a B.A. in Poli Sci, and a J.D. (Law Degree) and am avid reader of history.   

I think I know what I am talking about in these matters. 

When I tell you that you are just plain ignorant on political and legal issues, take my word for it.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: December 19, 2008, 09:48:36 AM »
Babble snipped.
If that's the standard you set then obviously all your posts are on the chopping block.  nyahhhhhh

Again, anyone can look at posts I listed to see it. If anyone wants to look at ref that, my deal stands.
What deal?  That you're a dull-normal 'gun expert' who doens't even know what the fuck he's writing in some forum.

Ah, so now you admit you wrote the above? Again, your total lack of honesty here is telling.
You're the pinhead who's confused.

Everbody else in the universe knows that
this is a quotation on this forum
...everyone except for you.  Do you know that that is a quotation?  Do you see that now?

Or do your baseless complaints open the door for  you to argue for multiple posts that you are being wronged.  Another victim.  You're such a shmuck.  Oh poor you.  You don't address the topic and then you cry that people are putting words into your mouth

You are a disingenous sonofabitch.

Which exposes your ignorance. There's no such thing as a "gun criminal." As there are no car criminals, bat criminals, etc. There are only criminals. Attaching the criminal to the tool used, as if the tool had it's own brain, is par for the course with the ignorant and intellectually dishonest such as yourself. The very term shows your lack of ability to think. As far as being "soft" my position on criminals can be found in post #92.
I know it's a challenge to your emotionally-based argument that 'guns are just tools'  and are 'as dangerous as rocks' but 'gun criminals' are criminals who commit crimes with guns.  Or how about gun-runners...are those gun criminals?

Everybody else in the universe thinks so.  Do a google of "gun criminals". 

Did that stretch your vast intellect?

You are soft on gun crime.  20 years in the can for gun crimes can be quite a deterrent.

You make your ridiculous points on minutiae b/c you just can't admit that a gun IS different than a rock or an SUV b/c it is a lethal weapon that does make killing easier.  Otherwise the US army would go into battle driving SUVs armed with rocks.

Do you acknowledge that simple fact?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: December 19, 2008, 01:18:07 PM »
I have a B.A. in Poli Sci, and a J.D. (Law Degree) and am avid reader of history.   

I think I know what I am talking about in these matters. 
Great to pol sci scholar on the board.
Then I take it at least you will agree that the US political system heavily favors a two party rule? 
As empty as paradise

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: December 19, 2008, 01:59:02 PM »
Great to pol sci scholar on the board.
Then I take it at least you will agree that the US political system heavily favors a two party rule? 

The current system does, but it is not in the constitution.  In fact, the original, George Washington warned against strong political parties.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: December 19, 2008, 02:05:36 PM »
The current system does, but it is not in the constitution.  In fact, the original, George Washington warned against strong political parties.
The constitution regulates the election process, you know that.
As empty as paradise

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: December 19, 2008, 02:07:44 PM »
The constitution regulates the election process, you know that.

Please just stop now.  Your ignorance is just too much and you are spreading incorrect info.

The consitution is silent as to political parties.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: December 19, 2008, 03:48:23 PM »
Please just stop now.  Your ignorance is just too much and you are spreading incorrect info.

The consitution is silent as to political parties.
It is silent to party colors yes.
I've never claimed otherwise.
But you admits that the US political system favors the two big ones.
If you go back and re-read my posts you would see that my problem is not with the parties, but rather a system that makes it meaningless to vote for anything but either of the two big ones.
  And you can't change the political system to get more parties into the congress without changing the constitution.

Btw, what's with the constant remarks about ignorance? 
As empty as paradise

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #111 on: December 19, 2008, 04:42:05 PM »
I "pop up" in all manner of thread topics, so your reading comprehension is poor. Carry on wanna be GB troll person.  8)
Really? I've seen you engaged SO VERY OFTEN here on the politics board on topics other than your love for guns.  ::)

You can call me an internet troll, but you actually look like one. Schmoe.  ;D
!

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #112 on: December 21, 2008, 08:41:33 AM »
I didn't bother reading all the posts but are people suggesting there is no reason citizens should be allowed to be armed with a firearm? Could someone also point out where in the Constitution it specifically says that there can only be two major parties?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: December 21, 2008, 11:25:08 AM »
I didn't bother reading all the posts but are people suggesting there is no reason citizens should be allowed to be armed with a firearm? Could someone also point out where in the Constitution it specifically says that there can only be two major parties?

It doesn't say specifically in the constitution that there can only be two parties.

But, and this has been my point the whole time, the current system makes it pretty pointless to vote for anything but either of the two big two parties.

The party that wins a district wins that congress seat.

Instead of counting the votes in each state and then divide the seats accordingly to how many percent votes each party received.

The current system makes it pointless to vote for a small party, since they will never have a chance on getting a seat.

To change this system, you would have to re-write the Constitution.
As empty as paradise

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: December 22, 2008, 12:53:57 PM »
I don't see anyone suggesting that, yet Brinkzone posts all kinds of stats addressing that topic.  He can't admit that guns make killing easier to do.  A simple fact. I don't see the controversy that he does.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #115 on: December 22, 2008, 03:48:54 PM »
I don't see anyone suggesting that, yet Brinkzone posts all kinds of stats addressing that topic.  He can't admit that guns make killing easier to do.  A simple fact. I don't see the controversy that he does.

It's pretty damn easy to kill with a knife too.

They don't "run out of bullets" and never jam.

A gun is just a tool like any other.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: December 23, 2008, 05:15:49 AM »
It's pretty damn easy to kill with a knife too.

They don't "run out of bullets" and never jam.

A gun is just a tool like any other.

"Gun control" is all about people control and the government wanting the citizens not to be able to have ample means to defend themselves and be solely reliant upon the government for protection.

It was done in Communist USSR - millions of citizens murdered
It was done in Nazi Germany - millions of citizens murdered
It is done in Communist China - who knows how many executed?
It is done in Communist Cuba -

The fools who think that the police are going to protect them should call 911 and see how long it takes for a cop to show up at their home and then ask themselves whether within that time frame they could have been murdered by the criminal??

Police respond to crime and write reports, they do not prevent crime.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: December 23, 2008, 06:43:57 AM »
Are you on drugs?????  Other countries have gun producers and guns get smuggled from oversea to criminals all the time.  Like Russian and Chinese AK 47s, SKS, Saiga's, etc.

Additionally, there are milllions and millions of guns already in circulation.  It is impossible to impound every one of them.

You are clearly living in fantasy land.

The 2nd amendment in OUR COUNTRY was so that the citizens themselves had the power to defend themselves from tyrants both domestic and abroad.

Using that logic we should all own F22's and C4. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: December 23, 2008, 06:54:29 AM »
Using that logic we should all own F22's and C4. 

If the Founders of this nation had your pussy attitude we would still be eating crumpets and sipping tea.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: December 23, 2008, 06:57:31 AM »

If the Founders of this nation had your pussy attitude we would still be eating crumpets and sipping tea.

Haha it wasn't the Founding Fathers that were dying on the field of battle for their freedom and liberty.  They sat in their "quarters" with their white hair and bellies signing papers dipshit.  It was the common man like myself that rose up against the british..  It was the Founding Father's that gave the commoner the spark and ideology.  But without the common man rising up their "America" was all but a wet dream. 

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: December 23, 2008, 06:58:34 AM »
By the way I'm not against guns nor do I believe in strict gun control laws.  But your logic is terrible and continues to push people away from gun ownership ideology. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: December 23, 2008, 06:59:29 AM »
Haha it wasn't the Founding Fathers that were dying on the field of battle for their freedom and liberty.  They sat in their "quarters" with their white hair and bellies signing papers dipshit.  It was the common man like myself that rose up against the british..  It was the Founding Father's that gave the commoner the spark and ideology.  But without the common man rising up their "America" was all but a wet dream. 

George Washington is a decorated war hero and true leader.  Without him, the war would never have been won as he held it all together when all chips were down.  

BTW - Many of the people executed by the British were lawyers, etc etc.    

Maybe you should read a history book for once.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: December 23, 2008, 07:00:54 AM »
By the way I'm not against guns nor do I believe in strict gun control laws.  But your logic is terrible and continues to push people away from gun ownership ideology. 

I guess following the constitution and knowing about the Bill of Rights is an "extreme position"?

Only a moron thinks that that 2nd amendment is about hunting for ducks.  It is and has always been about providing the people with the means of self defense from tyranny. 

Is that too hard for you to understand?   

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: December 23, 2008, 07:09:05 AM »
I guess following the constitution and knowing about the Bill of Rights is an "extreme position"?

Only a moron thinks that that 2nd amendment is about hunting for ducks.  It is and has always been about providing the people with the means of self defense from tyranny. 

Is that too hard for you to understand?   

No of course it's not.  But your ideology is misguided.  We don't live in the times of George Washington where our government is matched rifle to rifle with the people.  It's going to take a lot more than AR-15's and Glocks to protect our freedoms and liberty well into the 21st century when we are up against Missiles and Apache Gunships. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: December 23, 2008, 07:25:31 AM »
No of course it's not.  But your ideology is misguided.  We don't live in the times of George Washington where our government is matched rifle to rifle with the people.  It's going to take a lot more than AR-15's and Glocks to protect our freedoms and liberty well into the 21st century when we are up against Missiles and Apache Gunships. 

Waco made the govt very skiddish about overreaching as far as that goes.

I do believe we need a Boston Tea Party immediately against Paulson and the Fed and the Banks.