Author Topic: RON PAUL ON GUN CONTROL - THIS GUY GETS IT!  (Read 9968 times)

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
Re: RON PAUL ON GUN CONTROL - THIS GUY GETS IT!
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2008, 10:23:17 AM »
Actually, I can.  It's my scenario and my rule.
Wrong about the rock and you are dead wrong with your reasoning.  You're using the specious "guns don't kill people, people kill people" argument and here is why that's wrong:  It's easier and much more feasible to kill a person with a gun than it is a rock.

Irrelevant as already explained.

Old myths snipped. See above articles and consider actually reading the data on the topic. If actually interested in knowing the facts, consider www.gunfacts.info

Not that you would ever want to let the facts get in the way of a good emotional based position or anything....

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2008, 10:25:23 AM »
I would rather face a gun than a knife. 

With a gun, I am dead, with a knife, that is BBBBBBBAaAAADDDDDD news.

A knife wielding assailant is deadly and the best thing to do is RUN!. 

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2008, 10:41:11 AM »
I would rather face a gun than a knife. 

I would rather face neither, but would prefer the ability to have something to counter it with besides wishful thinking and 911. BTW, under 20 ft, the knife has the advantage and many an unfortunate cop has learned that the hard way. There is something known as the "21 foot rule" with gun vs knife known well now by LEOs. Not to mention knives go right through bullet proof vests like butter, and you have a bad scenario.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2008, 10:49:28 AM »
I would rather face neither, but would prefer the ability to have something to counter it with besides wishful thinking and 911. BTW, under 20 ft, the knife has the advantage and many an unfortunate cop has learned that the hard way. There is something known as the "21 foot rule" with gun vs knife known well now by LEOs. Not to mention knives go right through bullet proof vests like butter, and you have a bad scenario.

I used to take a class by a guy John Perkins and Col Al. Ridenhour both military and law enforcement, and they always say a knife is better than a gun in most circumstances.  we used to do a drill where a person would have a black marker and someone had to try to "disarm" the attacker.  Most times, the person wound up with black all over themselves.  Guess what the black marks represent????

Check it out.   www.attackproof.com

These guys are no joke.  Col. Al has been in both Gulf Wars and is a seriously bad mofo.  We get mma guys in there who want to roll around with BJJ and get stomped when they dont even know how to stop a punch to the face or boot kick to the shin, etc.

Granted, a seasoned MMA guy will almost always win against a regular martials arts student, but for the most part, these guys teach bad ass stuff.

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2008, 11:06:47 AM »
I used to take a class by a guy John Perkins and Col Al. Ridenhour both military and law enforcement, and they always say a knife is better than a gun in most circumstances.  we used to do a drill where a person would have a black marker and someone had to try to "disarm" the attacker.  Most times, the person wound up with black all over themselves.  Guess what the black marks represent????

Check it out.   www.attackproof.com

These guys are no joke.  Col. Al has been in both Gulf Wars and is a seriously bad mofo.  We get mma guys in there who want to roll around with BJJ and get stomped when they dont even know how to stop a punch to the face or boot kick to the shin, etc.

Granted, a seasoned MMA guy will almost always win against a regular martials arts student, but for the most part, these guys teach bad ass stuff.

I'm no MA expert, but that reminds a lot of Wing Chun. Always wanted to try some Crav Maga myself.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2008, 11:15:03 AM »
I'm no MA expert, but that reminds a lot of Wing Chun. Always wanted to try some Crav Maga myself.

A lot of both.  They stress the basics and alot of balance.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2008, 11:33:50 AM »
great thread guys!

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2008, 11:58:27 AM »
Irrelevant as already explained.

Old myths snipped. See above articles and consider actually reading the data on the topic. If actually interested in knowing the facts, consider www.gunfacts.info

Not that you would ever want to let the facts get in the way of a good emotional based position or anything....
You've explained nothing.  You completely avoided the topic.  Are you actually claiming that guns do not make killing easier?

You missed your calling.  You should write books about conceal/carry of rocks.  I mean rocks...guns....what's the difference?

Only an idealogue like yourself would see no qualitative difference btn the two.

In fact, here's what you said:

Focusing on the tool used vs the end result and intent of the person doing the killing is what matters. Murder should carry the same sentence regardless of the tool used.
My contention is that any intentional use of a gun during a crime gun should carry a stiff penalty as an aggravating factor--maybe slap on 10-20 years.  I would even increase such the penalty for the negligent use of firearms.  We already have increased sentences for the use of a gun in assault or battery.  I just take that idea and push it a little further on criminal killings and irresponsible gun use. 

Since a gun makes killing or harming another person easier, our leaders decided that some crimes committed with guns have increased penalties, see aggravated battery and assault. 

If criminal penalties as a modifier of behavior mean nothing, as you aver, then we can just shitcan a huge rationale for criminal law--deterrance (the other being punishment).

Why are you defending gun criminals?  Are you soft on crime?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2008, 12:17:38 PM »
I have no problem adding to a sentence if a gun is used to commit a crime like robbery or assault.

However, I have a huge problem with states that want to tax ammo, ban CCW permits by law abiding citizens, and make it harder to exercise a right guaranteed by the constitution that the SC, and even Obama said, is an individual right.   

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2008, 12:19:02 PM »
You've explained nothing.  You completely avoided the topic.  Are you actually claiming that guns do not make killing easier?

What part of the word/term "irrelevant" didn't you understand? Hint: guns make it "easier" to defend ones self, and defensive uses exceed criminal uses in the US. Again, read the data, or stop running your pie hole.

You missed your calling.  You should write books about conceal/carry of rocks.  I mean rocks...guns....what's the difference?

Only an idealogue like yourself would see no qualitative difference btn the two.

And only those who are not well read (read ignorant) on the topic make such comments. Again, resources for your education were supplied.

In fact, here's what you said:
My contention is that any intentional use of a gun during a crime gun should carry a stiff penalty as an aggravating factor--maybe slap on 10-20 years.  I would even increase such the penalty for the negligent use of firearms.  We already have increased sentences for the use of a gun in assault or battery.  I just take that idea and push it a little further on criminal killings and irresponsible gun use.

Wow, your reading comprehension is so bad you use quotes I never said? The above never came from me, so "In fact, here's what you said" aint what I ever said. This does not bode well as proof of your debating skills...

Since a gun makes killing or harming another person easier, our leaders decided that some crimes committed with guns have increased penalties, see aggravated battery and assault.

Which has no effects on actual crime rates, thus we go in circles due to your ignorance of the topic and focus on the tool vs the outcomes. The data has shown gun laws either have no effects on crime rates (and crime rates are what matter...duh) or they increase crime, but they don't lower it. Again, see article above by Dr Lott on the effects of guns on crime rates, etc,. 

If criminal penalties as a modifier of behavior mean nothing, as you aver, then we can just shitcan a huge rationale for criminal law--deterrance (the other being punishment).

More babble, minus any objective data to support it. Your type always, and predictably goes from the "guns make it easier" to "guns are deigned to kill" arguments, all of which are worthless and fail to look at both data and history. What guns are intended for is irrelevant. Cars are intended for driving to work, yet kill 40,000 per year. Pools and bikes-designed for biking and swimming respectively-kill more kids per year then guns. What guns are USED for is what’s relevant. There are negative and positive uses for guns.

A negative use of a gun is when a person commits a crime using a gun to commit it. That person is what is known as a criminal and all legal and or physical punishment should be applied to said person.

The positive use of a gun would be to prevent a crime or save a life, such as the 120lb women who shoots the 210 rapist, the 80 year old man who prevents the burglar from coming into his home and doing him harm, or the shop owner who protects his life work from looters after a storm, and so on

In that context, the ONLY relevant question is, what is the ratio of good to bad uses of guns? Between 700,000 (FBI’s data) and 2.5 million (Klecks data) times per year a gun is used in the in the US. in the positive sense Guns are used approximately 5 times more often to prevent a crime/save a life then they are to commit a crime.

So why not just remove all guns from the hands of citizens to reduce crime (which is not even possible nor constitutional but mentioned here for the sake of argument) which should lower crime?  On a much larger historical picture, history has shown us over and over and over what happens to a population that is disarmed by it’s own government: they become subjects, slaves, or dead. Hitler knew that all too well when he said:

“History teaches that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by doing so." --- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945), April 11, 1942, quoted in Hitlers Tischegesprache Im Fuhrerhauptquartier 1941-1942.

Thus, why the Second Amend exists and reveals a universal truth: the right to self defense - be it from criminals  or a tyrannical government - is a BASIC HUMAN RIGHT no government can grant or take away. Those who do not view  armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died at the hands of tyrants.

Great men of peace and war agree on that. For example:

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." -Mohandas K. Gandhi

and

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -- The Dalai Lama, (May 15, 2001, The Seattle Times)

Guns are a necessary evil but necessary to a democracy  and that fact was recognized by men far smarter then we are. For example;

"A FREE people ought...to be armed..." -George Washington, speech of January 7, 1790 in Boston Independent Chronicle, January 14, 1790.

And:

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws
make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides,
for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson  quoting Cesare Beccaria in On Crimes and punishment - (1764).

And a more recent opinion:

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or laborer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." --George Orwell

This is no less true today then it was then, perhaps even more relevant today then it was then some have argued.

Use your logical mind, do some research, leave what you think you know of the topic behind, and you will be shocked at what you find.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2008, 12:21:43 PM »
I have no problem adding to a sentence if a gun is used to commit a crime like robbery or assault.

However, I have a huge problem with states that want to tax ammo, ban CCW permits by law abiding citizens, and make it harder to exercise a right guaranteed by the constitution that the SC, and even Obama said, is an individual right.   
I would agree with you most of this.  In some instances, harsh sentencing is not a bad thing.

The point BZ seems to be making is that a gun is just like any any tool/weapon.  It clearly is not otherwise we'd go into battle with Bowie Knives instead of guns.  Guns are different from other weapons b/c of their lethality.  Why is that such a contentious point?  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2008, 12:24:14 PM »
Gun control is loved by criminals, tyrants, dictators, and kings - all of who Decker thinks should run this nation.

Look at DC, Chicago, Detroit, - all have the strictest gun control.  What good does it do???  Nothing.

Gun control does not work the same way as banning drugs does not work.  When people want something bad enough, they are going to get it.

It makes no sense at all to put law abiding citizens at a disadvantage in their home when criminals are not going to abide by any laws restricting guns.

The gun control phonies dont realize that guns are never going away and it is impossible to ban them completely because people will then just build them in their basements.

They are living in the land of make believe.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: December 18, 2008, 12:36:11 PM »
What part of the word/term "irrelevant" didn't you understand? Hint: guns make it "easier" to defend ones self, and defensive uses exceed criminal uses in the US. Again, read the data, or stop running your pie hole.
Is that 'exceed argument your baby?  Talk about irrelevant.

What's your problem with admitting guns are lethal weapons?  What's the big deal?  If you are such a relativist on the topic that rocks and guns are equally dangerous, why don't you carry a concealed pumice stone?

And only those who are not well read (read ignorant) on the topic make such comments. Again, resources for your education were supplied.
Ignorant?  You're the one that can't follow through on a train of thought.  You make a statement then post an irrelevant piece of crap article.  What's the point?  If you don't want to debate, don't. 
Wow, your reading comprehension is so bad you use quotes I never said? The above never came from me, so "In fact, here's what you said" aint what I ever said. This does not bode well as proof of your debating skills...
Is it your M/O to be an insulting fuck?  I think it is.

You absolutely typed those words you tool.
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=251474.50

This is what I mean when I say, "you don't know what you're talking about"....hell, even you can't follow your twisted arguments.  How do you expect others to follow your meandering?

Which has no effects on actual crime rates, thus we go in circles due to your ignorance of the topic and focus on the tool vs the outcomes. The data has shown gun laws either have no effects on crime rates (and crime rates are what matter...duh) or they increase crime, but they don't lower it. Again, see article above by Dr Lott on the effects of guns on crime rates, etc,. 
Typical gun lunacy.  We have laws against murder and theft and rape and those still happen.  Maybe we'd best abandon the criminal code.  Brinkzone thinks that's a good idea b/c gun laws, gosh darn it, just don't work b/c we still have gun crime.

More babble, minus any objective data to support it. Your type always, and predictably goes from the "guns make it easier" to "guns are deigned to kill" arguments, all of which are worthless and fail to look at both data and history. What guns are intended for is irrelevant. Cars are intended for driving to work, yet kill 40,000 per year. Pools and bikes-designed for biking and swimming respectively-kill more kids per year then guns. What guns are USED for is what’s relevant. There are negative and positive uses for guns.
You are one delusional person.  When's the last time a crook used an SUV to rob a liquor store?  You've built up in your mind such a twisted understanding of what a gun is and what it does that you miss the obvious.  You use tortured examples to make your ridiculous points.

A negative use of a gun is when a person commits a crime using a gun to commit it. That person is what is known as a criminal and all legal and or physical punishment should be applied to said person.
No shit.

The positive use of a gun would be to prevent a crime or save a life, such as the 120lb women who shoots the 210 rapist, the 80 year old man who prevents the burglar from coming into his home and doing him harm, or the shop owner who protects his life work from looters after a storm, and so on
You're on a roll.

In that context, the ONLY relevant question is, what is the ratio of good to bad uses of guns? Between 700,000 (FBI’s data) and 2.5 million (Klecks data) times per year a gun is used in the in the US. in the positive sense Guns are used approximately 5 times more often to prevent a crime/save a life then they are to commit a crime.
Who gives a shit?  What does that have to do with penalties for crimes committed with a gun?

You're so fucking high up on your soap box that you've lost sight of the discussion....again.

So why not just remove all guns from the hands of citizens to reduce crime.....
I'm not going to comment on the rest of your post b/c it just bleeds on and on.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2008, 12:38:19 PM »
I sincerely believe that the government should promote private gun ownership via the NRA, and should offer training classes for law abiding citizens to carry. 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #89 on: December 18, 2008, 01:51:00 PM »
Exactly.
You claim I make ignorant comments but can't find one single one when pressed to do so?

You disappoint me tough guy.
I thought you had a little more in ya.
As empty as paradise

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2008, 01:58:36 PM »
post an irrelevant piece of crap article.  What's the point?

Point is in article written by the top researcher in the field. But it does not jibe with your emotional ignorant stance (it uses those damn facts and data you avoid so much...) so it's a "irrelevant piece of crap." Brilliant debating skills. Your parents must be proud.

You absolutely typed those words you tool.
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=251474.50

You wrote those words in post #82, not I. That's how f-cked in the head you are. I wrote "Focusing on the tool used vs the end result and intent of the person doing the killing is what matters. Murder should carry the same sentence regardless of the tool used."

You applied your own quote to me. Take a look at the exact quote you attributed to me, which in fact YOU wrote.

Keep up them sharp debating skills.  :P

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2008, 02:14:21 PM »
I would rather face neither
So perhaps you would fancy extremely tough gun and knife laws after all?

BTW, under 20 ft, the knife has the advantage and many an unfortunate cop has learned that the hard way. There is something known as the "21 foot rule" with gun vs knife known well now by LEOs. Not to mention knives go right through bullet proof vests like butter, and you have a bad scenario.
I think you need to put down the Chris Ryan novel for a minute and return to reality.
As empty as paradise

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2008, 02:26:38 PM »
So perhaps you would fancy extremely tough gun and knife laws after all?

Again, reading comprehension skills lacking on your end. No place did I say anything or make any statements about "tough" laws or lack there of regarding guns or knives. I said crimes committed (rape, murder, assault, etc) should carry EQUAL weight regardless of tool used. Really, read carefully. Now, I would be thrilled if the actual sentence for those crimes were increased REGARDLESS of the tool uses to commit the crime. No parole, no serving shorter sentences 'cause you found God in prison, etc. I am for maximum penalty for crimes commited REGARDLESS of the tool use. I have to write that in caps it appears as you don't seem to "get it" otherwise. However (now follow with me sport) passing "tough" gun laws that have been shown to NOT reduce crimes rates and only effect law abiding citizens ('cause as shocking as this is, criminals don't care about additional gun laws) is illogical to the extreme. To repeat yet again, read article by Dr Lott and or URLs I put up.

Now, do I need to repeat all that yet again or can you simply not comprehend this simple concept?

I think you need to put down the Chris Ryan novel for a minute and return to reality.

And I think you should work on your basic reading comprehension skills. Again, I will keep using the hard data and facts that seem to get ignored by the "don't confuse me with the facts" types here. For example, Countries with the stricter gun laws have HIGHER rates of murder and violence, which was published in Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy (pages 649-694):

"Appearing in the current issue of the Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy (pages 649-694), the Kates/Mauser report entitled "Would Banning Firearms Reduce Murder and Suicide? A Review of International Evidence" is a detailed look at gun ownership and how it does not relate to the incidence of murder and violence. They conclude that

"nations with very stringent anti-gun laws generally have substantially higher murder rates than those which allow guns."

The Abstract:

Abstract

The world abounds in instruments with which people can kill each other. Is the widespread availability of one of these instruments, firearms, a crucial determinant of the incidence of murder? Or do patterns of murder and/or violent crime reflect basic socio-economic and/or cultural factors to which the mere availability of one particular form of weaponry is irrelevant?

This article examines a broad range of international data that bear on two distinct but interrelated questions: first, whether widespread firearm access is an important contributing factor in murder and/or suicide, and second, whether the introduction of laws that restrict general access to firearms has been successful in reducing violent crime, homicide or suicide. Our conclusion from the available data is that suicide, murder and violent crime rates are determined by basic social, economic and/or cultural factors with the availability of any particular one of the world’s myriad deadly instrument being irrelevant.

Full paper downloaded here:

http://law.bepress.com/expresso/eps/1413/

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2008, 07:53:52 AM »
Point is in article written by the top researcher in the field. But it does not jibe with your emotional ignorant stance (it uses those damn facts and data you avoid so much...) so it's a "irrelevant piece of crap." Brilliant debating skills. Your parents must be proud..
Gun lunatics, such as yourself, cannot admit the obvious--a gun makes killing easier b/c it is a lethal weapon.  To lunatics, such as yourself, guns are tools that are a part of any normal person's daily life.  Heck, guns should be in the crib with newborns so they become accustomed to them and become comfortable with the instruments of death.

And I don't care whether your parents are proud of you or not b/c you're a jackass in everyone else's eyes.

You wrote those words in post #82, not I. That's how f-cked in the head you are. I wrote "Focusing on the tool used vs the end result and intent of the person doing the killing is what matters. Murder should carry the same sentence regardless of the tool used.".

You applied your own quote to me. Take a look at the exact quote you attributed to me, which in fact YOU wrote.
Wrong-o Mary Lou. 

You wrote this on the prior page:

"So beating a person to death with a rock is better? Focusing on the tool used vs the end result and intent of the person doing the killing is what matters. Murder should carry the same sentence regardless of the tool used. The dead person does not care what was used to kill them with. If a person drives his SUV into a crowed killing 10, he should get less time then the guy who kills one with a gun? Use your brain."

I excerpted and commented on a portion of it and you deny authorship.

Not only are you a font of irrelevant statistics and gun propaganda, you're a liar too.  Do you see the quoted portion?  Do you know why that's attributed to you?  Do you see the unquoted portion that I wrote underneath your quote?  You rail against people for their lack of reading comprehension and you are one of the worst offenders.

Keep up them sharp debating skills.  :P.
I'm stomping you like ripe grapes.  Why?  B/c I address the topic at hand.  You and your 'debating skills' amount to posting links and articles written by gun cranks with cherrypicked stats to prove your gun lunacy points.

Guns are just tools dop, dop, dop, dop,  Guns are as lethal as rocks dop, dop, dop.

You come off as a raving simpleton.

Yes, we have gun laws, yet we still have gun crime, so gun laws cause more gun crime and should be scrapped.  You would be laughed out of any formal debate with specious reasoning like that.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: December 19, 2008, 07:59:07 AM »
The thing is that a gun is a great equalizer in the hands of people not physically able to defend themselves with a baseball bat or golf club.

For example - drugged up rapist goes into home and tries to assault a 60 y/o woman.  How is she going to defend herself with a knife or a bat against a drugged up 20 or 30 y/o assailant?

It works both ways.

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #95 on: December 19, 2008, 08:11:38 AM »
Gun lunatics, such as yourself, cannot admit the obvious--a gun makes killing easier b/c it is a lethal weapon.  To lunatics, such as yourself, guns are tools that are a part of any normal person's daily life.  Heck, guns should be in the crib with newborns so they become accustomed to them and become comfortable with the instruments of death.

And again: emotional ranting babble about "lunatics" minus any objective info/data to support ant of said babble.

I excerpted and commented on a portion of it and you deny authorship.

People can simply look above to see you quoted yourself, attributed it to me, and are now back peddling by posting a different quote, which yes, I actually wrote.

Anyone reading this: see post #82 where he quotes himself and then claims I wrote it. Then see post #84 where I show he quotes himself and attributes it to me, yet refuses to admit  If I am wrong, I will pay Decker $100. If he's wrong, he has to admit it here with an apology. Deal?

Not only are you a font of irrelevant statistics and gun propaganda, you're a liar too.

Oh my, the expert here has decided they are "irrelevant statistics" because they don't jibe with emotional fear of guns. And your training and background to claim said stats, from one of the leading researchers in the field is what again? I'm guessing nothing would be the answer there...Dr Lott on other hand:

"Previously I held positions at the University of Chicago, Yale University, Stanford, UCLA, Wharton, and Rice and was the chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission during 1988 and 1989. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984."

The Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy being known for publishing bad data... :o

Do you see the quoted portion?

Yes, and you wrote it. Moron.

Do you know why that's attributed to you?

'Cause you're not real bright? Just a guess...

Do you see the unquoted portion that I wrote underneath your quote?  You rail against people for their lack of reading comprehension and you are one of the worst offenders.

Again, anyone can look above and see exactly what you did: quoted yourself and attributed it to me. That you are either not man enough/intellectually honest enough, to admit it, simply shows you to be generally not intellectually honest as you have been throughout. I yet to meet an anti gun type who was not intellectually dishonest, so you are in good company there.

I'm stomping you like ripe grapes.

Right.............. ::) What you are doing is simply shoving you foot yet farther down your ignorant pie hole. Congrats. Anything else you need to get off your chest son? Fire away!

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: December 19, 2008, 08:31:33 AM »
And again: emotional ranting babble about "lunatics" minus any objective info/data to support ant of said babble.
And you argue with facts and common sense and logic.  Please.  Your assertions are moronic and dull normal at best.

People can simply look above to see you quoted yourself, attributed it to me, and are now back peddling by posting a different quote, which yes, I actually wrote.
Children must play.  I quoted your words and now you're denying it.

Oh my, the expert here has decided they are "irrelevant statistics" because they don't jibe with emotional fear of guns. And your training and background to claim said stats, from one of the leading researchers in the field is what again? I'm guessing nothing would be the answer there...The Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy being known for publishing bad data... :o
Emotional arguments such as 'guns are just tools' or 'guns are no more deadly than rocks or SUVs' are your bread and butter.  You post links to gun sites covering unrelated topics and you think you've done something productive.

My morning bowel movement was more productive than you are.

Yes, and you wrote it. Moron.
You did.

'Cause you're not real bright? Just a guess...

Again, anyone can look above and see exactly what you did: quoted yourself and attributed it to me. That you are either not man enough/intellectually honest enough, to admit it, simply shows you to be generally intellectually honest as you have been throughout. I yet to meet an anti gun type who was not intellectually honest, so you are in good company there.
Simpleton.  It's your quote in the quote box.  I commented on it. 

Right.............. ::) What you are doing is simply shoving you foot yet farther down your ignorant pie hole. Congrats. Anything else you need to get off your chest son? Fire away!
Here is why you are an embarrassing 'authority on guns':

I make a post re increasing the penalty for gun crime by a 20 years and here's what you post in response:

Myth No. 1: When one is attacked, passive behavior is the safest approach.

Where's the relevancy?  You just spout shit into the air and think you've made some point.

How about this one from the same article, how is this relevant to the issue  of penalties for gun crime?

Myth No. 2: Friends or relatives are the most likely killers.

Or this:

Myth No. 3: The United States has such a high murder rate because Americans own so many guns.

Or this?

Myth No. 4: If law-abiding citizens are allowed to carry concealed handguns, people will end up shooting each other after traffic accidents as well as accidentally shooting police officers.

Or this?
   Myth No. 5: The family gun is more likely to kill you or someone you know than to kill in self-defense.

You're an idealogue spewing gun propaganda.  You are not responsive to the issue I raised except to note that:

Focusing on the tool used vs the end result and intent of the person doing the killing is what matters. Murder should carry the same sentence regardless of the tool used.

You claim you didn't write that.  But you did.

Here's what I wrote in response to your unresponive irrelevant quote: My contention is that any intentional use of a gun during a crime gun should carry a stiff penalty as an aggravating factor--maybe slap on 10-20 years.  I would even increase such the penalty for the negligent use of firearms.  We already have increased sentences for the use of a gun in assault or battery.  I just take that idea and push it a little further on criminal killings and irresponsible gun use. 

Why are you defending gun criminals?  Are you soft on crime?

Can you follow that? 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: December 19, 2008, 08:43:54 AM »
Again, reading comprehension skills lacking on your end. No place did I say anything or make any statements about "tough" laws or lack there of regarding guns or knives. I said crimes committed (rape, murder, assault, etc) should carry EQUAL weight regardless of tool used. Really, read carefully. Now, I would be thrilled if the actual sentence for those crimes were increased REGARDLESS of the tool uses to commit the crime. No parole, no serving shorter sentences 'cause you found God in prison, etc. I am for maximum penalty for crimes commited REGARDLESS of the tool use. I have to write that in caps it appears as you don't seem to "get it" otherwise. However (now follow with me sport) passing "tough" gun laws that have been shown to NOT reduce crimes rates and only effect law abiding citizens ('cause as shocking as this is, criminals don't care about additional gun laws) is illogical to the extreme. To repeat yet again, read article by Dr Lott and or URLs I put up.

Now, do I need to repeat all that yet again or can you simply not comprehend this simple concept?

And I think you should work on your basic reading comprehension skills. Again, I will keep using the hard data and facts that seem to get ignored by the "don't confuse me with the facts" types here. For example, Countries with the stricter gun laws have HIGHER rates of murder and violence, which was published in Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy (pages 649-694):

"Appearing in the current issue of the Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy (pages 649-694), the Kates/Mauser report entitled "Would Banning Firearms Reduce Murder and Suicide? A Review of International Evidence" is a detailed look at gun ownership and how it does not relate to the incidence of murder and violence. They conclude that

"nations with very stringent anti-gun laws generally have substantially higher murder rates than those which allow guns."

The Abstract:

Abstract

The world abounds in instruments with which people can kill each other. Is the widespread availability of one of these instruments, firearms, a crucial determinant of the incidence of murder? Or do patterns of murder and/or violent crime reflect basic socio-economic and/or cultural factors to which the mere availability of one particular form of weaponry is irrelevant?

This article examines a broad range of international data that bear on two distinct but interrelated questions: first, whether widespread firearm access is an important contributing factor in murder and/or suicide, and second, whether the introduction of laws that restrict general access to firearms has been successful in reducing violent crime, homicide or suicide. Our conclusion from the available data is that suicide, murder and violent crime rates are determined by basic social, economic and/or cultural factors with the availability of any particular one of the world’s myriad deadly instrument being irrelevant.

Full paper downloaded here:

http://law.bepress.com/expresso/eps/1413/
You claimed you would rather not face either a gun or a knife.
So if there were no guns available at all, you would not have to face one, ever.
Right?
Perhaps even make gun production very limited, only the military and police forces could buy guns.  That way your dream of not ever having to face a gun could perhaps be possible.

Btw, back off the copy and pasting a bit, why don't you.
How about some original thoughts instead, sport?
As empty as paradise

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #98 on: December 19, 2008, 08:46:16 AM »

Babble snipped.

You claim you didn't write that.  But you did.

Again, anyone can look at posts I listed to see it. If anyone wants to look at ref that, my deal stands.

Here's what I wrote in response to your unresponive irrelevant quote: My contention is that any intentional use of a gun during a crime gun should carry a stiff penalty as an aggravating factor--maybe slap on 10-20 years.  I would even increase such the penalty for the negligent use of firearms.  We already have increased sentences for the use of a gun in assault or battery.  I just take that idea and push it a little further on criminal killings and irresponsible gun use.

Ah, so now you admit you wrote the above? Again, your total lack of honesty here is telling.

Why are you defending gun criminals?

Which exposes your ignorance. There's no such thing as a "gun criminal." As there are no car criminals, bat criminals, etc. There are only criminals. Attaching the criminal to the tool used, as if the tool had it's own brain, is par for the course with the ignorant and intellectually dishonest such as yourself. The very term shows your lack of ability to think. As far as being "soft" my position on criminals can be found in post #92.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: December 19, 2008, 08:50:15 AM »
Are you on drugs?????  Other countries have gun producers and guns get smuggled from oversea to criminals all the time.  Like Russian and Chinese AK 47s, SKS, Saiga's, etc.

Additionally, there are milllions and millions of guns already in circulation.  It is impossible to impound every one of them.

You are clearly living in fantasy land.

The 2nd amendment in OUR COUNTRY was so that the citizens themselves had the power to defend themselves from tyrants both domestic and abroad.