Author Topic: Jobs banks? Get paid not to work?? Your 'bailout' money at work  (Read 4095 times)

Hereford

• Getbig V
Re: Jobs banks? Get paid not to work?? Your 'bailout' money at work
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2008, 08:21:15 AM »
Its not your money.  Someone worked hard and busted their rear end for that money to pass it along to their heirs, not to Decker and his pet social engineering projects.

Yes, but here we go back to the foundations of liberalism...

"I believe you are responsible for your neighbors, and I can use the government to forceably take your hard-earned money to give to people who don't, and have no intention of holding their weight in society"

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2008, 08:43:19 AM »
Its not your money.  Someone worked hard and busted their rear end for that money to pass it along to their heirs, not to Decker and his pet social engineering projects.

Wrong.  The government can impose a tax on any conveyance of money to support the government of the People.  So the money is the government's and the government is the People.

Social engineering?  LIke bailing out Wall Street?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2008, 08:45:14 AM »
Yes, but here we go back to the foundations of liberalism...

"I believe you are responsible for your neighbors, and I can use the government to forceably take your hard-earned money to give to people who don't, and have no intention of holding their weight in society"

It's well a established fact that rightwing politicians do not spend tax dollars.  They cut taxes.  They also borrow billions to fund their own little gov. projects....but good rightwingers don't mention those.  B/c rightwingers cut taxes....never spend....never.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2008, 08:50:51 AM »
Wrong.  The government can impose a tax on any conveyance of money to support the government of the People.  So the money is the government's and the government is the People.

Social engineering?  LIke bailing out Wall Street?

I was against that. 

Why not impose a 100% tax on all income since it is a conveyance from the employer to the employee?????

You would love that wouldnt you?

35-50% is not enough for you, so why not 100%

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2008, 11:07:33 AM »
I was against that. 

Why not impose a 100% tax on all income since it is a conveyance from the employer to the employee?????

You would love that wouldnt you?

35-50% is not enough for you, so why not 100%
Yes I would love to see a tax of 100% income implemented.  67% of corporations pay no tax at all.  Warren Buffet pays less in taxes than his secretary.

Yet you can't stop forking over 50% of your earnings.  You need an accountant.  You're paying more than is required.