Author Topic: Muscle Tears chances  (Read 5457 times)

ASJChaotic

Re: Muscle Tears chances
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2008, 09:10:55 AM »
is the decline bench as dangerous as the flat bench?

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2008, 10:52:08 AM »
I'm drug free and I've had 4 muscle tears, one very serious.

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2008, 12:20:21 PM »

I don't do flat bench, I did it couple of times just to try it, but my angle is usually an incline
I think the flat bench is way over rated and puts more stress on the shoulders and pectoral tendon

Not that I'm saying it's the best thing ever, but it's hard to call something overrated when you've barely used it enough to see any results from it.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2008, 02:38:40 PM »
I'm drug free and I've had 4 muscle tears, one very serious.

damn! tell us which muscles and how

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2008, 11:40:29 PM »
Hamstring(semitendinosis)-that was the serious one. Did it during a sprint, racing a friend.  Also re-tore it during the healing process in another area, likely in the biceps femoris.

Soleus, 2x, once during jump rope, once don't have any idea how I did it.  These last three minor ones were totally and completely painless when it happened-it wasn't until several days later when they bruised up that I noticed it.  My calf tears easily because it only has partial function from a back injury I incurred many years ago. The ham tore for a similar reason but more due to overwork.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2008, 04:32:18 PM »
I wish the relative ridiculousness of this comment would be enough to warrant you not handing advice out on the training board like you've been training for 10 years.  It completely destroys your credibility and shows an extreme lack of experience.

As for your original question, most steroid users tend to tear muscles because tendons and ligaments don't grow in size and strength at the same rate muscles do while on AAS.  So you have a tendon capable of moving, for example, 225 lbs in a bench press, supporting a muscle that can now move 405 lbs.  Something has to give.  It's like using an elevator cable rated for 1000 lbs on an elevator rated for 2000.

Naturals tend to tear muscles because of excessive or sloppy range of motion coupled with too much weight.  Dumbbell flyes that are either too heavy, too relaxed or too deep would be an example.

You pretty much nailed it on the head.  A six week cycle of juice can increase strength at a drastic rate and the tendons can't keep up.  It's like putting a souped up motor into VW bettle chassic.  It will run fast but it will tear apart the car.  There are two tears.  One is a muscle rupture where the muscle if pulled off the bone by tearing the tendon off fully or partially.  The other is an actual muscle tear.  I tore my bicep completly off the bone while deadlifting and shaking a pool table.  A couple of the balls wouldn't come out of the commercial pool table. Some guys have partial bicep tears and this was complete.  The bicep rolled up toward my shoulder.  Surgery 4 days later fixed it almost as good as new after a 6 month recovery. 

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2008, 05:12:04 PM »
it's very rare for natural bodybuilders to tear muscles am I right?
Does anybody know how much the chances of tearing a muscle go up when steroids are introduced?
Do steroids weaken the tendons or the muscles and cause the tear?

I'm planning on going very heavy and training almost like a power lifter, just don't wanna tear anything
and would appreciate some tips. 
Of course all natural.

::)

Seriously though you don't need to be on steroids to tear a muscle.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2008, 05:19:05 PM »
No you can tear without steroids but it sure increases the odds when using.  I am completely natural and I tore my bicep.