Author Topic: Anyone ever tried 20 rep squats? WidowMakers?  (Read 11029 times)

Balloon

• Getbig III
Anyone ever tried 20 rep squats? WidowMakers?
« on: December 12, 2008, 05:08:23 PM »
Take a weight u can do 10 reps with.....and no matter what...complete 20 reps...
lots of deep breaths between reps.

Anyone tried it? apparently it leaves u completely exhausted and really jacks up your cardiovascular system,
as well as promoting tremendous muscle growth

I don;t think i could handle it
Just 1 set..thats all it is

Emmortal

• Getbig V
Re: Anyone ever tried 20 rep squats? WidowMakers?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 05:14:27 PM »
Yes, extremely effective for a growth burst.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 05:16:03 PM »
Brutal stuff!

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 05:17:07 PM »
yes I have.  I could not take the heavy weight any longer on my knees so I chose to go with high rep squats.  5x20
finish with extensions and curls and hit the treadmill to cool down.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 07:59:34 PM »
I always do high reps on squats.

I do 4 sets and keep the reps between 12-20. My legs just seem to respond better to higher reps.

My left knee is playing up again, so i haven't actually trained legs in about 2 weeks. Hopefully it'll be feeling good next week and i'll do some leg work.
No doubt about it...

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 01:59:07 AM »
Did something like this with front squats.  Used a weight I could usually barely get 20 with, then did a number of sets making sure I got to 30.  That shit fucked me up, I stumbled around my house for awhile with my head burning, ears ringing and my vision blurry and grey, then passed out in my bathroom.

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 02:04:59 AM »
Extremely effective for gaining mass quick, but you can't continue for long, especially drug free.  :-\

If you'd like to modify it slightly so that you can continue with it, do it once every 5 days.  ;)

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 02:41:41 AM »
Extremely effective for gaining mass quick, but you can't continue for long, especially drug free.  :-\

If you'd like to modify it slightly so that you can continue with it, do it once every 5 days.  ;)

what if one was to increase to say 10 cups of piss a day for a 20 week bulk cycle?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 02:50:01 AM »
Too hardcore for me
Z

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
windsor88 urine therapy obsession
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2008, 02:51:51 PM »
what if one was to increase to say 10 cups of piss a day for a 20 week bulk cycle?
You and webcke are more obsessed with urine therapy than anyone on Getbig.
This is precisely why you string it on at every opportunity...

Why? Your conscience is bothering you. You know it's good for people, you know many people utilize it, and--HERE'S THE BIG ONE--All those little voices in your head keep telling you that YOU should do it(!).

Well I've got good news, windsor88... Those voices are not lying to you, many, many people do utilize urine therapy across the globe, it is better for them than anything else they could have ever done for themselves, and it would be better for you, yes, YOU than anything you could possibly do for yourself.  ;) 

Just give it a shot, windsor88. You will be grateful you did.
You will live far better and far longer than you ever could have without it.
Permanently enhance your own life and do a favor for the you that you will get to be for the rest of it.

(PS> Good suggestion on the 10 cups. You'd yield far greater gains than you ever could have without it.  ;))

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2008, 04:27:53 PM »
How come on the main page this thread reads...

Last post by Soundness
in windsor88 urine therapy ...
on Today at 02:51:51 PM

But the title of the actual thread is..Re: Anyone ever tried 20 rep squats? WidowMakers?

???

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2008, 04:35:00 PM »

Last post by Soundness

But the title of the actual thread is..Re: Anyone ever tried 20 rep squats? WidowMakers?

???

lol...Sounder is delusional.   His posts are like an infomercial or a telemarketer script.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2008, 04:42:13 PM »
lol...Sounder is delusional.   His posts are like an infomercial or a telemarketer script.
No way he drinks his own piss..he is saying this in the hope some idiot here trys it..

If he truly means what he says he would piss in a cup ,drink it and tape it..

But he wont , because he doesnt really do it..

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2008, 07:14:09 PM »

here's the last time I tried a set of 20 reppers...

3 short @325

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
WILL WILL GRANT GRANT HIMSELF A WILL?
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2008, 07:24:23 PM »

Last post by Soundness

???
Because what you refer to is that powerful, Will.  ;)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2008, 09:15:00 AM »

here's the last time I tried a set of 20 reppers...

3 short @325
good stuff Geo, that's intensity.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2008, 09:20:05 AM »
do you guys go up in weight between sets or stay at the same weight for all sets?

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2008, 03:37:09 PM »
do you guys go up in weight between sets or stay at the same weight for all sets?
You're going to take your 10 rep max, do it 20 times, and do that for a number of sets? WTF? NO.

ONE SET ONLY. ONLY DO IT ONE TIME.  ;)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2008, 07:57:26 AM »
You're going to take your 10 rep max, do it 20 times, and do that for a number of sets? WTF? NO.

ONE SET ONLY. ONLY DO IT ONE TIME.  ;)
sorry i didnt read that with that being said i think if you able to do 20 reps without reracking the weight no matter how long it takes you need to bump up the weight your doing you set of 10 with...LOL

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2008, 09:42:04 AM »
These are brutal but they can work for you.  I worked up to a decent amount of weight on these about 1.5 years ago.  Very draining.
Squishy face retard

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2008, 12:31:27 PM »
sorry i didnt read that with that being said i think if you able to do 20 reps without reracking the weight no matter how long it takes you need to bump up the weight your doing you set of 10 with...LOL
Here's how it works...you

1) Load up your 10 rep max weight; obviously a weight heavy enough you'd fail on the 11th rep attempt.

2) Do 10 reps then keep standing there holding the weight and breathing as deeply as you can, expanding your ribcage. You'll already feel spent. Just breathe until you feel you can do just 1 more. Then do it.

3) Continue to stand there, breathing as deeply as you can, expanding your rib cage while you breathe, until you feel like you can again get just one more rep out of yourself. When you can, do 1 more and repeat. Continue with this breathing squats technique until you hit 20.

***If you actually use your 10 rep max and pull 20 out of yourself, it will feel like it almost kills you. You will not even dream of doing another squats set(!). In fact, there's a good chance this 1 single set will make you unable to walk and cause you to puke. But...IT WILL ALSO MAKE YOU GROW;)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2008, 01:01:27 PM »
i did it for about 8 months in every leg training.

Two sets of heavy squats, then one widow maker. Brutal.  :-X :-X

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2008, 01:15:28 PM »
Here's how it works...you

1) Load up your 10 rep max weight; obviously a weight heavy enough you'd fail on the 11th rep attempt.

2) Do 10 reps then keep standing there holding the weight and breathing as deeply as you can, expanding your ribcage. You'll already feel spent. Just breathe until you feel you can do just 1 more. Then do it.

3) Continue to stand there, breathing as deeply as you can, expanding your rib cage while you breathe, until you feel like you can again get just one more rep out of yourself. When you can, do 1 more and repeat. Continue with this breathing squats technique until you hit 20.

***If you actually use your 10 rep max and pull 20 out of yourself, it will feel like it almost kills you. You will not even dream of doing another squats set(!). In fact, there's a good chance this 1 single set will make you unable to walk and cause you to puke. But...IT WILL ALSO MAKE YOU GROW;)
LOL i believe it i kinda want to puke just thinking about it I dont think there is anyway i could get 20 reps but i thinki im gonna try it next leg day just to change things up.

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2008, 01:21:44 PM »
LOL i believe it i kinda want to puke just thinking about it I dont think there is anyway i could get 20 reps but i thinki im gonna try it next leg day just to change things up.
Oh it is FUCKING HELL! (But, some of the most miraculous gains come from it.)

That's what you always think, "I may not be able to hit 20," especially when you're at 10, 11, and 12. You have to avoid that and somehow have faith that you will. You have to just breathe and remain controlled and take it one rep at a time no matter how long it takes until you hit 20. DON'T THINK ABOUT "20" ONLY THINK ABOUT THE NEXT REP, THAT'S IT.

Like I said, you use your 10 rep max, so you already feel dead at 10. Then you just stand there breathing deeply, expanding your rib cage until you feel you can do just one more. And you do that until you hit 20, no matter how long it takes, you force yourself. MAKE SURE YOU DO IT IN A POWER RACK! Good luck, you will need it.  ;)

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2008, 01:52:25 PM »
Take a weight u can do 10 reps with.....and no matter what...complete 20 reps...
lots of deep breaths between reps.

Anyone tried it? apparently it leaves u completely exhausted and really jacks up your cardiovascular system,
as well as promoting tremendous muscle growth

I don;t think i could handle it
Just 1 set..thats all it is

I used to do that at the end of every leg day. Would try for around 60% of what ever my best low rep set for the day was for 20 reps. There's nothing that compares to just how hard that is if you do it right...

Will @ BrinkZone.com