Author Topic: LEGS 3 TIME A WEEK  (Read 1663 times)

bea

• Getbig II
LEGS 3 TIME A WEEK
« on: December 13, 2008, 09:48:39 AM »
Hello friend ,I make a great contest 15 days ago and have a good place but, all the bodybuilder that speak to me said , you need more legs, I want to know if someone has try to make legs 3 time a week for long time 3 or 6 months.And the result,I speak with uk man he has great body but arms to small he make arms every day for one yeaer and make incredible gain, but legs??
Thanks
bea.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: LEGS 3 TIME A WEEK
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 09:50:27 AM »
You writing is a thing of beauty. And 3 times is too much.
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 11:03:07 AM »
3-6 months isnt a long time.

train legs once or twice a week for 5 years straight then come back to us and tell us bout your progress.
Z

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 11:10:18 AM »
Once a week,but train heavier and harder, with more intensity.

What do you normally do for legs?

The Apprentice

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 07:43:41 PM »
right now i am approaching the end of the russian squat program where you back squat three times a week and although my primary goal is strength so far i have gained almost an inch on my legs so you may give it a shot

http://www.exrx.net/WeightTraining/RussianSquatProgramGenerator.html

as far as i recall the bodybuilder porter cottrell used some drastic methods to bring up his legs up to par, do not remember the details, you may have to look around for his program although i suspect he squatted two/three times a week

good luck

iron_dawg

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 11:56:46 PM »
right now i am approaching the end of the russian squat program where you back squat three times a week and although my primary goal is strength so far i have gained almost an inch on my legs so you may give it a shot

http://www.exrx.net/WeightTraining/RussianSquatProgramGenerator.html

as far as i recall the bodybuilder porter cottrell used some drastic methods to bring up his legs up to par, do not remember the details, you may have to look around for his program although i suspect he squatted two/three times a week

good luck
3 times a week my legs are sore for 3 days after training them

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 04:27:24 AM »
^ exactly.........the guy probably just ain`t training hard enough.

The Apprentice

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 08:02:28 AM »
3 times a week my legs are sore for 3 days after training them
you "only" do six work sets of squats per workout with every other workout being "light" so you cannot really compare it to the traditional bodybuilding way with as many as 20 sets

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 12:22:04 PM »
^ exactly.........the guy probably just ain`t training hard enough.

Most Russian training methods are nowhere near anything you see in Western programs.  Low volume, high frequency is the norm for them, and it has a lot of science to back it up.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 12:25:29 PM »
you should wait three days to train a body part, but you could train legs every 72 hours and that would be fine. make sure to have a day off from the gym at least once a week though. training like that (every 72 hours) is a great way to force gains. since most of the protein synthesis from training occurs the first 72 hours, (in fact the BULK of it occurs within the first few hours after training), its a smart move to train a body part that often.

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 02:03:19 PM »
3 time on 2 weeks is enough, squat press leg curl leg extension will be fine, and deadlift for back.
asstropin

Mr. big

• Getbig II
  • Drink and be merry for tommorow you die...sucka!
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 10:54:52 PM »
too much :)
+

bea

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2008, 08:56:26 AM »
Thanks friends I train hard for many years but legs are smaller that another part of my body they are not small.I speak with uk very big bodybuilder that have 48cm or his arms and it was to small in comparaison of the rest of his body he make arms 5 time a week  for one year and go to 52 cm.It is for that that I hask this question with my very bad english sorry
bea