Author Topic: Jeff Willet, the greatest natural bodybuilder ever?  (Read 29115 times)

mazrim

• Getbig V
Re: Jeff Willet, the greatest natural bodybuilder ever?
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2008, 09:56:07 AM »
But Willet pounds down on a 50% diet of protein. That's bound to give you those types of results in the long-run.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2008, 11:57:05 AM »
Most people can not conceive how good a natural can get because they see very few of them walking around. There's only a handful of guys that are so dedicated that have trained hard for 10 years straight, have consistenly eaten correctly, taken the proper supplements, and of course have good genetics as well. It's very rare. So if someone does all this, shows up looking good, no one believes they are natural. Most young guys train for a couple of years, and then hop on the juice. To this day, I still have people think I'm juiced. They don't realize I've been training consistently for almost 30 years straight.

There are plenty of guys out there that train and diet very seriously in both categories, meaning natural and drug users. You look good, but you are nowhere near the size and quality of muscle the Jeff and Skip are and it has nothing to do with genetics. Just because someone takes steroids does not mean that they do not take their training seriously and it doesn't take 10 years to be a top level natural physique. Bottom line is though, once your reach your natural limit in size you are fooling yourself if you think that you can get any bigger.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2008, 12:05:20 PM »

There are plenty of guys out there that train and diet very seriously in both categories, meaning natural and drug users. You look good, but you are nowhere near the size and quality of muscle the Jeff and Skip are and it has nothing to do with genetics. Just because someone takes steroids does not mean that they do not take their training seriously and it doesn't take 10 years to be a top level natural physique. Bottom line is though, once your reach your natural limit in size you are fooling yourself if you think that you can get any bigger.
I agree with you and please note  that I never have claimed I was in the league with top level naturals, only that many on his board severely limit themselves when it comes to their vision of what can be achieved naturally. There's thread going on now where most of the people on it claim this guy's body is impossible to achieve without juice.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2008, 12:15:35 PM »
I agree with you and please note  that I never have claimed I was in the league with top level naturals, only that many on his board severely limit themselves when it comes to their vision of what can be achieved naturally. There's thread going on now where most of the people on it claim this guy's body is impossible to achieve without juice.

Funny cause I just posted on that thread about this guy. He is juicing for sure. And just to clarify I was not putting you down not that you thought I was. You look very good for a natty.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2008, 12:21:24 PM »

Funny cause I just posted on that thread about this guy. He is juicing for sure. And just to clarify I was not putting you down not that you thought I was. You look very good for a natty.
I think the guy is a juicer as well, although I have competition pics of me in my 30's where I have surpassed that, so I know that can be attained naturally. I respect your opinions because I know you work with a lot of top level guys and are very knowlegable.

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2008, 01:50:46 PM »
:o :o :o

i always thought that keith bullock was the man when it came to being natural. he's a lifetime natural federation competitor and we cant buy pro hormones or even bronchitis, cough medicine and sinus meds here..

keith is on the right.

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2008, 02:11:16 PM »
i always thought that keith bullock was the man when it came to being natural. he's a lifetime natural federation competitor and we cant buy pro hormones or even bronchitis, cough medicine and sinus meds here..

keith is on the right.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2008, 05:59:22 PM »
I think the guy is a juicer as well, although I have competition pics of me in my 30's where I have surpassed that, so I know that can be attained naturally. I respect your opinions because I know you work with a lot of top level guys and are very knowlegable.

Just wanted to add there is a difference between asking is this guy natural (the one pictured) and can one attained that amount of muscle mass without drugs. Hope that is clear for everyone.

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2008, 06:07:52 PM »
Just wanted to add there is a difference between asking is this guy natural (the one pictured) and can one attained that amount of muscle mass without drugs. Hope that is clear for everyone.

I agree,

So what is your opinion of Willet?

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2008, 06:09:29 PM »
Jim, do you think Willet is natural?
Not just AAS but GH ,T3 And amoung other goodies that can be used to acheive the look he sports,condition and fullness..I think he is far from natural my self..

Alex23

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2008, 06:18:44 PM »
:o :o :o

hahaha here we go.. the camel tool got told he looks like him (which he obviously doesn't) and now he's obsessing over it....

Jeff Will = what you will never be.   

Hope this hurts.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2008, 06:26:17 PM »
The greatest natural ever would have to be black  ;)

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2008, 07:08:02 PM »

keith is on the right.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha
175lbs by 31st July

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2008, 09:17:01 PM »
Jim, do you think Willet is natural?
Not just AAS but GH ,T3 And amoung other goodies that can be used to acheive the look he sports,condition and fullness..I think he is far from natural my self..

IMO NO!   I will also add this, in that video of his face looks just like someone who is "off" if you get what I mean.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2008, 12:31:49 AM »
IMO NO!   I will also add this, in that video of his face looks just like someone who is "off" if you get what I mean.
Roger that  ;)

shadow

• Getbig I
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2008, 04:21:14 AM »
who knows for sure if he uses or has ever used gear i used to think that any physique like willets was not natural but now i think there are some people (a small percentage) of guys that are blessed with fantastic genetics, either way he looks great

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2008, 04:37:05 AM »
MemberX (2 months ago) Show Hide +2   Marked as spam Reply | Spam people are going to bitch no matter what Jeff
if you're drug free and you look 100 times better than them "he has great genetics" or "he is secretly using steroids" they will come up with an excuse to protect their own self esteem, it's human nature
you're an inspiration, keep up the good work
I have my first contest in 4 weeks

............ :D

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2008, 05:24:19 AM »
More impressive than most of ifbb pros.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2008, 05:45:37 AM »
you're not anywhere near this guys level.. you have a good build but nothing out of the ordinary. so how do you relate to this guy using growth drugs?
Earlier in the thread I was making a point, that on this board, anyone with a reasonable amount of development is usually considered to be on a cycle, and that even when I have posted these pics in the past, I have been accused. Then when I was asked to give my measurements, I just posted the pic. Never said I was in the league with Jeff Willet or any other top level natural.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2008, 09:41:58 AM »

as soon as I played the tape it was immediately apparent that he has an *androgen* voice.

You lose credibility with the "androgen voice" thing, he sounds fine. Maybe in a woman i could tell the difference, not here.

Most here on getbig haven't trained hard enough or long enough then assume that good development had to be from chemicals. When the truth is they're nowhere near their own potential because they didnt' make the effort. Willet's clearly training very hard, a higher level than most here will ever experience themselves.

The steroids assumptions are what i'd expect from the general public not guys who should know better but really don't.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2008, 09:48:43 AM »
credibility with you means dick to me... that's an androgen voice.

totally unnatural and easy to spot. I bet that guy had a much higher pitched voice at one point.

LOL ok tough guy. I don't think you train hard by the way, i've seen your pics. You're evidentally envious of the guy and can't accept he trains much harder than you ever will.

You know squat, the voice is fine you're only projecting your own paranoia.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2008, 09:57:10 AM »
Jeff Willet left something out.In 2000 Team Universe Jeff Willet was a light heavy weight and weighed around 198lbs, really soft and smooth, he got 10th place.Then a year later he came in at around 212lbs, and won the heavyweight class beating Skip Lacour.Then he came back in 2003, as a light heavyweight, and won the overall.I think Jeff Willet is a honest guy, but he left out the part were he did compete as a heavyweight in 2001.He said he always competed as a light heavyweight.How did his contest weight go from 198lbs (2000) , to 212 lbs (2002, then back to a light heavy weight (2003)? I could see if his weight was only 2-3lbs on stage, but we are talking 15 lbs on stage.From 198lbs- to 212lbs on stage in one year? Then back to 198lbs, a year later.I competed as a natural bodybuilder for 10 years, and my weight on stage never varied more then 2-4 lbs per year.To vary 15 lbs in a year in unheard of.I think Jeff WILLET IS A GREAT ATHLETE, AND A NICE GUY, BUT this mysterious 15lbs weigh gain on stage, then 15lb loss on stage weight is a little alarming.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2008, 09:58:29 AM »
I've never seen this guy train... what does that have to do with using drugs?

and how did you know I was a tough guy? ::)

Then watch his other videos. If you don't realize there's a correlation between intense training and condition, you need to learn more.

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2008, 10:33:24 AM »
this guy has used heavy androgens at some point.

as soon as I played the tape it was immediately apparent that he has an *androgen* voice. I've been around a lot of gear users and lots of them get that uniquely distinct androgen voice..

plus he's a thin guy that carries way too much mass for his frame.

he's lying through his teeth. I'd say he's on a healthy dose of hgh and anabolics.

Androgen voice? This is the most stupidest post I ever read.

Do you even know what an androgen voice is? It correlates to female bodybuilders, you idiot not men! You cant use the word androgenic synonymous to men when describing a man who acts like a man.

Here is a definition for you of what "androgenic means. Let me enlighten you:

Pertaining to the development of male characteristics, including body hair, the genital organs and muscle mass. "Androgenic" is the adjective form of the noun "androgen," a word referring to any of the male hormones, including testosterone and androsterone.

You saying that Jeff Willet has an "androgenic" voice is an oxymoron! Youre an idiot!

Jeff Willet has a normal voice.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2008, 10:47:16 AM »
only naturals that look good are very short, so they still look nice and chunky,,,,,,,,, anyone of normal hight looks stringy once theyve dieted down to contest condition....... you can build a great physique naturaly, but youl never have the combination of size and condition that you see in us drug abusers..and its a dead giveaway...

if u wanna see a natural physique look back to pre 1950's, those guys had great builds, but to jump from what they had to what your seeing today is rediculous.. they trained just as hard back then, maybe the diet wasnt 100%, but your talking men with elite level gentetics, the likes of clancy ross and john grimmeck