Author Topic: Coreball BEAST Spotting!!!  (Read 2632 times)

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
Re: Coreball BEAST Spotting!!!
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2008, 10:50:56 PM »
DL's once a week 5x5.  I think there's enough core training with power movements.  Rows, Squats, Dips, DL's...plenty...besides, I'm not training to be an acrobat.

The Coach

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2008, 11:00:39 PM »
DL's once a week 5x5.  I think there's enough core training with power movements.  Rows, Squats, Dips, DL's...plenty...besides, I'm not training to be an acrobat.

Ok, but with older people, weaker people, people recovering from injuries and people who don't or cannot do DL's they do need quite a bit of "core" training. Nothing wrong with doing a reverse hyper on a stability ball if there is no reverse hyper available. Reverse hypers are one of best exercises around for rehab.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2008, 01:15:34 PM »
Ok, but with older people, weaker people, people recovering from injuries and people who don't or cannot do DL's they do need quite a bit of "core" training. Nothing wrong with doing a reverse hyper on a stability ball if there is no reverse hyper available. Reverse hypers are one of best exercises around for rehab.

I agree with 100% for rehab...like leg extensions are a good way to help people recovering with limited range of motion or strength BUT 90% of the people I see using the ball are healthy and capable of real training.  The 'trainers' at my gym start people out on the ball instead of on the basics because it's new or a gimmick or easier.  I see people sitting on them doing lat pulldowns, curls, shoulder presses.  All movements, that to me, should require a sturdy foundation to do.
  I'm also under the impression because the majority of the public believe in fat spot reduction and 'in there minds' believe that sitting on ball and grinding their hips is reducing their fat ass, or the theory that crunches reduce abdominal fat.  This is my opinion on their popularity.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2008, 02:30:14 PM »
Do as I say, not as I do...haha
I once had this trainer ask me where to get gear, I replied, "Sorry bro, I don't take anything."
The fact I was 60lbs heavier than him and with the same bodyfat, put him in the state of shock.  I guess ACSM doesn't teach you how to gain 70lbs of mass without drugs or kettle balls....hahah
Croatch - 1
Trainer - 0
::)

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2008, 05:14:12 PM »
::)
Seems like you still harbor feelings of love for the Croatch.
Let it go bro.
N

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2008, 12:55:54 AM »
Seems like you still harbor feelings of love for the Croatch.
Let it go bro.
ot at all just feel sad you are trying to pass as a nattie

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2008, 12:58:26 AM »

Well said. There's a time and a place for the medicine balls. Problem is, the joker trainers have taken it out of hand.
HAHA, RON.....