Author Topic: Ron Paul, JR in 2012  (Read 4675 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Ron Paul, JR in 2012
« on: December 17, 2008, 12:55:49 PM »
Okay, I don't think there's an actual person named Ron paul Jr.

However, I do think there are probably millions of energized young voters out there who will soon tire of Obama's antics, and still be scorned by the neocon robbery in 4 years, who will be looking for an alternative.

Will a republican candidate who embodies many of the ideas of Ron Paul emerge as a real contender?  Ron Paul united so many people of different ages and political beliefs - will another one emerge in light of this financial mess? 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Re: Ron Paul, JR in 2012
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 01:24:22 PM »
???
S

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 01:36:27 PM »
Okay, I don't think there's an actual person named Ron paul Jr.

However, I do think there are probably millions of energized young voters out there who will soon tire of Obama's antics, and still be scorned by the neocon robbery in 4 years, who will be looking for an alternative.

Will a republican candidate who embodies many of the ideas of Ron Paul emerge as a real contender?  Ron Paul united so many people of different ages and political beliefs - will another one emerge in light of this financial mess? 
What are you talking about?  Obama hasn't even been sworn in yet as president and you're shitcanning his pending presidency.

It's great that Ron Paul elicits so much activity.  That makes politics fun.

Personally, I disagree with a lot of his views.  I don't like his answers for healthcare--more FSAs/125 plans, I don't like his ideas for getting rid of income tax and the 16th amendment and the IRS;  I think he's dead wrong about the constitution not being a living document, I think his ideas on Fiat Money are dated and useless; I don't think his ideas on the magic of the free market are too swift either when it comes to regulating the produtction of dangerous products--the free market is not a cure all; he's nuts on creationism and his idea that homeschooling should be encouraged is not a favorite of mine, his ideas for Soc. Sec. are wrong.

Some of the things I agree with him:  Iraq, the war on drugs, he's dead on with his view on the death penalty.

On the whole, he's good for our country's politics.  I wouldn't vote for him but maybe I'm wrong.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 03:01:22 PM »
I like that Ron Paul exists.

Multiple opinions are always good.

However, it's too bad that the current political system effectively prevents him and other alternative thinkers to start parties that would have chance of winning seats in the congress.
As empty as paradise

Dan-O

• Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 03:21:08 PM »
What are you talking about?  Obama hasn't even been sworn in yet as president and you're shitcanning his pending presidency.

It's great that Ron Paul elicits so much activity.  That makes politics fun.

Personally, I disagree with a lot of his views.  I don't like his answers for healthcare--more FSAs/125 plans, I don't like his ideas for getting rid of income tax and the 16th amendment and the IRS;  I think he's dead wrong about the constitution not being a living document, I think his ideas on Fiat Money are dated and useless; I don't think his ideas on the magic of the free market are too swift either when it comes to regulating the produtction of dangerous products--the free market is not a cure all; he's nuts on creationism and his idea that homeschooling should be encouraged is not a favorite of mine, his ideas for Soc. Sec. are wrong.

Some of the things I agree with him:  Iraq, the war on drugs, he's dead on with his view on the death penalty.

On the whole, he's good for our country's politics.  I wouldn't vote for him but maybe I'm wrong.

If the constituton is a "living document", when does it die???????

Also - is your mortgage a "living document" 

Your credit card agreement????

The constitution is a contract between the government and the people as to what the government CANNOT do  and  has imbedded ways to change it. 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 05:16:45 PM »
S

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 06:11:10 AM »
President and Vice President!

I like Nugent! 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 06:23:42 AM »
If the constituton is a "living document", when does it die???????

Also - is your mortgage a "living document" 

Your credit card agreement????

The constitution is a contract between the government and the people as to what the government CANNOT do  and  has imbedded ways to change it. 
You'd better call the Congress and the US Sup. Ct. and tell them that they are doing it wrong.

You'll be all over the nation's headlines with your incredible observation.

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 06:27:08 AM »
Ron Paul homies!  Peter Schiff is the man too.  I can't believe he is the guy that has predicted this and was laughed at on national TV warning about it and when it comes true nobody gives him a call to ask for his advice!!!  

Our leaders(including Obama) are clueless!  Obama keeps appointing old Clinton staffers that don't know how to clean this mess up.  Love him or hate him even Chomsky is saying Obama is making a mistake with his appointees!  

I'm still hoping that he hits the ground running though.  We will see.

Where does old Ted stand on the issues?  Is he even involved or vocal about politics?

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 06:28:02 AM »
You'd better call the Congress and the US Sup. Ct. and tell them that they are doing it wrong.

Well we know Congress is doing it wrong.  Have been for years!!! LOL

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2008, 06:53:27 AM »

Those who think the constitution is a "living document" want it to die in its present form because they are not content with the constraints on government that exist.

Liberals like yourself believe that it is the role of the government to a cradel to grave nursing nanny who provides everything in life.

The founders of this country were far more intelligent than yourself and the brilliant document they created should be left alone.

If you want to amend it, there is a procedure to follow. 

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2008, 07:40:12 AM »
Where does old Ted stand on the issues?  Is he even involved or vocal about politics?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2008, 07:55:26 AM »
Those who think the constitution is a "living document" want it to die in its present form because they are not content with the constraints on government that exist.

Liberals like yourself believe that it is the role of the government to a cradel to grave nursing nanny who provides everything in life.

The founders of this country were far more intelligent than yourself and the brilliant document they created should be left alone.

If you want to amend it, there is a procedure to follow. 
So, since you are an Originalist when it comes to construction of the the Constitution, I would think that you are for reinstituting slavery, separate but equal for blacks, elimination of any right to privacy and all civil rights.

As far as I know, there isn't a self-professed orginalist or strict constructionist on the SCT.

Times change.  That pretty much puts to bed the idea of Orginalist construction.

The founders were well educated but hardly as deified as you present them.  They were slave owners, treated women like property, and they slaughtered indians.

When something is not perfect, it is subject to change.  The founders and the constitution were not perfect.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2008, 08:21:10 AM »
So, since you are an Originalist when it comes to construction of the the Constitution, I would think that you are for reinstituting slavery, separate but equal for blacks, elimination of any right to privacy and all civil rights.

As far as I know, there isn't a self-professed orginalist or strict constructionist on the SCT.

Times change.  That pretty much puts to bed the idea of Orginalist construction.

The founders were well educated but hardly as deified as you present them.  They were slave owners, treated women like property, and they slaughtered indians.

When something is not perfect, it is subject to change.  The founders and the constitution were not perfect.

They amended the constitution according the rules set forth therein.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008, 10:13:26 AM »

They amended the constitution according the rules set forth therein.

What does "living documeng" mean to you?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008, 10:23:21 AM »
What does "living documeng" mean to you?

Spell check!

There is no such thing as a "living document", whether it be the constitution, your mortgage, a contract, or any agreement binding parties to agreed upon terms.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008, 12:03:36 PM »
Spell check!

There is no such thing as a "living document", whether it be the constitution, your mortgage, a contract, or any agreement binding parties to agreed upon terms.
You didn't answer the question.

You say there's no such thing as a LD but you don't say what it is.

You  pointing out spelling errors is like George Bush teaching articulation.  Right Commander Nucular?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2008, 12:14:41 PM »
You didn't answer the question.

You say there's no such thing as a LD but you don't say what it is.

You  pointing out spelling errors is like George Bush teaching articulation.  Right Commander Nucular?

The "living document" nonsense is a theory as to how the constitution is to be interpreted by the SC.

I disagree with that philosophy 10000000%.   

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2008, 12:33:47 PM »
Our leaders(including Obama) are clueless!  

I don't think they are. They know what they are doing. - Plausible deniability.

Another excuse is government doesn't know how to run anything, they are inefficient etc.

Its the people who allow this shit to happen over and over again.

Politicians and governments know what they are doing. Don't be fooled

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2008, 12:38:42 PM »
The "living document" nonsense is a theory as to how the constitution is to be interpreted by the SC.

I disagree with that philosophy 10000000%.   
What is a living document?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2008, 12:43:41 PM »
What is a living document?

There is no such thing as a "living document." 

You brought it up, not me.  I told you what it is.  A theory as how to interpret the constitution. 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2008, 12:52:59 PM »
There is no such thing as a "living document." 

You brought it up, not me.  I told you what it is.  A theory as how to interpret the constitution. 
What is the constructional theory of 'living document'?

How can you decry it when you don't even say what it is?

I have an idea what it is.  I want your opinion.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2008, 12:56:04 PM »

"Living document" is bullshit doublespeak for "license to interpret and do with it whatever the hell we please."

There, now you've got my unsolicited .02 worth on that topic.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2008, 01:03:44 PM »

Its the idea that the constitution should be interpeted in a way that reflects the current normals of the day, etc, as opposed to the original intent of the founders of the country in constructing the consitution in the first place.

Its complete garbage because the constitution is supposed to be a bulwark against an over reaching and abusive government.