Author Topic: eating three to 4 meals a day max while still getting in all your calories  (Read 2295 times)

madmax

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
instead of eating 6 meals, what do you think?

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
4-5 meals would be better than 3 for body comp. But if you can get 3 squares in that should be good.

What are ur goals?

Alex23

Eat when you're hungry. Lift weights. Repeat. Plain and simple.

::)

madmax

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
4-5 meals would be better than 3 for body comp. But if you can get 3 squares in that should be good.

What are ur goals?

to build muscle,lose fat,learn to fight and be able to run for about 10 miles. i w\nt to do all of this natrually

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
to build muscle,lose fat,learn to fight and be able to run for about 10 miles. i w\nt to do all of this natrually

One thing at a time bro.

Sounds like your pretty active, so make sure your feeding  your body enough of what it needs at the right times.

Protein is for building so get lots of it.

Carbs and fats are for energy.........So eat as much as u need without getting fat!

Simple aint it ;D

madmax

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
One thing at a time bro.

Sounds like your pretty active, so make sure your feeding  your body enough of what it needs at the right times.

Protein is for building so get lots of it.

Carbs and fats are for energy.........So eat as much as u need without getting fat!

Simple aint it ;D

no its not simple. i read that i can not build muscle and lose fat at the same tine is tis true? what about this eating chicken breast bullshit? i want to eat other parts of the chicken to.

should i focus on the compound lifts first? or are they overrated? is it true i need to get stronger on the compounds first?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
if you're lifting heavy enough and eating clean, you're going to be hungry more than 3 times a day.

how 'stuffed' can you really get from a plate of chicken, rice, and broc?

Chances are 3 hours later you'll be hungry again.

also, do you really want to go 6 hours without protein?  There HAS to be an advantage for the guy who consumed protein every 3 hours, all else equal.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
no its not simple. i read that i can not build muscle and lose fat at the same tine is tis true? what about this eating chicken breast bullshit? i want to eat other parts of the chicken to.

should i focus on the compound lifts first? or are they overrated? is it true i need to get stronger on the compounds first?

well it is true, a caloric deficit is needed to lose weight, and its damn near impossible to build muscle while in a caloric deficit. how fat are u?

No u can eat other parts of the chicken as well, thighs and drumsticks are cool.

And i would focus on the compound lifts at first. Are u a total newb?

If u just want to be athletic and dont have a bodybuilding competition or anything to worry about, just eat alot of good food, dont worry about how many oz of this or that your eating, just eat a  lot of good food, train hard, and read read read, and you'll be where u want in no time.

good luck
Glen

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!

DON'T FORGET SNACKING

madmax

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
well it is true, a caloric deficit is needed to lose weight, and its damn near impossible to build muscle while in a caloric deficit. how fat are u?

No u can eat other parts of the chicken as well, thighs and drumsticks are cool.

If u just want to be athletic and dont have a bodybuilding competition or anything to worry about, just eat alot of good food, dont worry about how many oz of this or that your eating, just eat a  lot of good food, train hard, and read read read, and you'll be where u want in no time.

good luck
Glen

i lifted weights in te past but i never made any gains because i did not know what i was doing. I believed that i could actually build muscle and lose fat at the same time but now i know better, i also was not eating enough and was following programmes from magazines and had no real idea on how to cook .

i weigh 196 pounds with about 24% bodyfat, i natrually have a large bodyframe and am 6 foot tall. i want to be the size  as the models on muscle and fitness, very atheletic

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
i lifted weights in te past but i never made any gains because i did not know what i was doing. I believed that i could actually build muscle and lose fat at the same time but now i know better, i also was not eating enough and was following programmes from magazines and had no real idea on how to cook .

i weigh 196 pounds with about 24% bodyfat, i natrually have a large bodyframe and am 6 foot tall. i want to be the size  as the models on muscle and fitness, very atheletic
Lift hard and smart and go on a diet then bro, if thats the look u want.

madmax

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Lift hard and smart and go on a diet then bro, if thats the look u want.

you started giving me advice and your last post was shit. i want to have around te same size as stan mcquay

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
you started giving me advice and your last post was shit. i want to have around te same size as stan mcquay
dude if your 24% bf your fat, u need to go on a diet. If you want to look like a fitness model then u are very very far away from that. U need to diet! and diet hard, and train hard.

Thats not shit advice, thats the truth.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
dude if your 24% bf your fat, u need to go on a diet. If you want to look like a fitness model then u are very very far away from that. U need to diet! and diet hard, and train hard.

YOU TRIED BUT YOU KNOW AND I KNOW THIS KID DOSE NOT HAVE THE SHOES TO WALK THROUGH HELL TO GET HIS BODYFAT IN THE SINGLE DIGETS

madmax

• Time Out
  • Getbig III

i may not be 24% bf, how can i check my bf levels myself? dont i need to build some muscles before i start dieting? by the way my last post was not suppose to offend you, sorry if i did

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
i may not be 24% bf, how can i check my bf levels myself? dont i need to build some muscles before i start dieting? by the way my last post was not suppose to offend you, sorry if i did

MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH A PERSONAL AT YOU GYM AND ASK THEM TO CHECK YOUR BODYFAT. 

I WOULD EAT 300 GRAMS OF PROTEIN A DAY AND NO MORE THE 40 CARBS.

YOU MIGHT WANT TO TAKE SOME AMINO ACIDS OR SOME CREATINE 5GRAMS A DAY SO YOU WON'T LOOK FLAT

MAKE SURE YOU REPS ARE INTENSE " DON'T USE SOME HEAVY ASS WEIGHT WHERE YOU CAN'T GET FULL ROM" .

HIT THE LIFE CYCLE IN THE MORNING ON AN EMPTY STOMACH SO BMR IS HIGHER THROUGHT THE DAY

DO THIS 5 - 6 DAYS A WEEK FOR 3 TO 4 MONTHS.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/

The idea that you can't build muscle and lose fat at the same time isn't 100% true.  In fact, for beginners such as yourself with a BF% such as yours, it's almost never true.  Gaining weight and losing weight at the same time is impossible but gaining muscle and losing fat isn't the same thing.  Being in caloric deficit while already reasonably lean will make it a whole lot harder to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time-but that's not your reality right now. 

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
Just lift and eat a few meals a day, get ur protein in
Dont get too caught up in meal frequency and all of that nonsense, eat normally with adequate protein and you will grow regardless.

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV

PEOPLE MAKE IT COMPLEX ALEX ITS SO EASY,,,EAT,,SLEEP,,,PAY BILLS,,,YOU KEEP DOING THIS YOU OK,,LEAN MASS DIFFERENT STORIE ANYONE CAN GET FAT AND BIG THAT EASY I TELL GUYS NATURALLY YOU WONT HIT 180LBS WITH 4% BF UNLESS ON HORMONES I TELL THEM GET MORE FAT AND LOOK BIGGER.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.

Don't do it you'll lose all your muscle.  ::)

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V

QFT How come this is so hard for some people to understand?

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
it's perfectly fine, at the end of the day it doesn't matter if it's 3 meals or 6 as long as your protein and caloric needs are met, why do guys come out of the penitentiary huge and muscular if 3 isn't good enough? ::)

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
it's perfectly fine, at the end of the day it doesn't matter if it's 3 meals or 6 as long as your protein and caloric needs are met, why do guys come out of the penitentiary huge and muscular if 3 isn't good enough? ::)
quaker,

all joking aside man i want to have a normal msg right now at least - and ask your opinion on somethin...

1- Do you believe that it is absolutely essential that naturals (1 year training - 4 years, whatever) intake 1-2g's protein per lb bodyweight? I used to eat every 2.5 hours either chicken/steak/or tuna anda  carb source- but i came to conclusion this is a waste if you are not on gear. No way your body can utilize that much protein efficiently. I say 4-6 meals a day, have high protein at 3 or 4 of them, thats it. 

what im saying is that if given 1 years time - do u think a 180 lb person would gain more lean muscle in a years time if he ate 300g's protein or just 175 grams?

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
quaker,

all joking aside man i want to have a normal msg right now at least - and ask your opinion on somethin...

1- Do you believe that it is absolutely essential that naturals (1 year training - 4 years, whatever) intake 1-2g's protein per lb bodyweight? I used to eat every 2.5 hours either chicken/steak/or tuna anda  carb source- but i came to conclusion this is a waste if you are not on gear. No way your body can utilize that much protein efficiently. I say 4-6 meals a day, have high protein at 3 or 4 of them, thats it. 

what im saying is that if given 1 years time - do u think a 180 lb person would gain more lean muscle in a years time if he ate 300g's protein or just 175 grams?
i think what you're doing is the right way, 4-5 meals with a good portion of protein and good carbs at each one shooting for AT LEAST 1gr./lb. of bodyweight.

J Grey

good luck
Glen

you're wrong!