Author Topic: a wound that will not heal  (Read 20401 times)

J Grey

Re: a wound that will not heal
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2008, 08:01:07 AM »
make sure you're getting in all the nutrition vitamines, minerals.

Also try bcaa, eaa and glutamine.

Anti inflamatory medecine. And maybe steroids could help to like Van_bilderass said.

some male sperm with help him "heal" also, we all know he gets plenty of that. 8)

laurion

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2008, 08:03:11 AM »
Moose could try this therapy, it may not have worked the 235395 times he tried it but its always worth another go.

LMAO WTF

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2008, 08:29:44 AM »
Is that a spider bite?

Onlyme is an expert in this area..

I was gonna say. . .   that looks a lot like onlyme's brown recluse bite.
Ron: "I am lazy."

CMBurns

• Getbig I
  • Excellent!!!
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2008, 08:51:49 AM »
have they tried a wound vac?  maybe an apligraf of split thickness graft.   
some other topicals like prisma or regranex may help

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2008, 08:52:33 AM »
make sure you're getting in all the nutrition vitamines, minerals.

also try bcaa, eaa and glutamine.

anti inflammatory medecine. and maybe steroids could help to like Van_bilderass said.

on a sidenote. do you have aids?  :-X

Surplus calories, Arginine, Antioxidants, Steroids, Insulin, GH etc. All these have been shown to improve wound healing.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2008, 09:11:48 AM »
Moose,

A few things here...

Have your doctor run a CBC and culture the site to see how your White count is doing and also what strand might be causing the problem at the wound, you might have an infection going on there (Bacterial at that) that might be in need of treatment by something systemic like Vanco or Cipro.  If the culture comes back positive, along with your White count (Neutrophils) being high, then most likely you have a bacterial infection that, like I said before, will need a broad spectrum antibiotic, followed by maybe a topical antibiotic cream.  The odds of it being viral are pretty slim, especially with wounds at the superficial layer of skin, but if the white count comes back high(Lymphocyte) then it probably is viral, I doubt it though. 

If that option helps the wound reduce in inflammation, then the next step will be to just have your doctor stitch or staple the wound together.  The wound itself doesn't look to be too deep, so healing by secondary intention (Allowing it to stay open and the granulation tissue to form) can still be an option.

If they have tried such measures but to no avail, let me know and I will give you some other suggestions..

"1"

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2008, 09:16:49 AM »
Moosejay,

Good to have you back on the site... you've been missed.

Regarding the non-healing wound: it sounds like an MDR (Multi-Drug Resistant) bacterial infection, and the problem with those is that surgeons only want to excise the tissue. They cut first, treat later... when sometimes the slower treatment option is more viable.

But there are other options.

-Talk to your doctor (or a consultant) about bacteriaphage therapy.
A sample of the MDR bacteria (your infection) is grown in a lab and the naturally occurring phage viruses which prey upon the particular MDR bacteria are then isolated and multiplied. Because bacterial phage evolve alongside the bacterial colonies upon which they feed there is never any resistance, even if you personally don't believe in evolution the phage don't know that. In 50 years we can expect broad-spectrum phage therapy to replace antibiotics... unfortunately, at the moment it's still expensive.

-Leech or maggot therapy:
Nothing cleans a wound like natures own flesh eaters.

-Mold therapy:
Some aggressive molds and fungi have shown promise in combating virulent and resistant infections. Again, it's experimental and expensive... but hey, what have you got to lose?

-Colloidal silver treatment:
Well born babies weren't given sterling silver spoons to suck on for no reason... colloidal (nano-sized particulates) silver has a very potent anti-microbial effect, but as a relatively low-toxicity inert metal the human body can tolerate much higher quantities than bacteria can. Unfortunately large quantities of silver can lodge in the skin giving an ashen look to the complexion... so go easy on the dosage.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head (Lactoferrin protein treatment still isn't available to the public), hope this little bit of info helps.

One other thing I would recommend... and I'm hoping this isn't taken the wrong way, but as a homosexual man who has used intravenous steroids, and in light of your continuing history of health problems (nerve infections etc etc), perhaps you should consider a HIV test?

No offense intended. Just being pragmatic.

The Luke

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2008, 09:17:42 AM »
Moose

You need to find a wound care and hyperbaric medicine center. Search for one around you, they're typically internal departments associated with a hospital. Or search google for a Wound Care physician, they usually have their own practice and work within one of these centers too.

You may need to do have some hyperbaric treatments, its hard to tell how big it really is from the pictures. It could take anywhere from 10-20 weeks to fully heal.  

Grenade

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2008, 09:19:01 AM »
Holy shit Moose, hope you get better soon.
I had a similar type cut maybe 20 years ago which would not heal up. Eventually I covered it with a plaster and didn't look at it for 2 weeks. When I removed the plaster it was well on the road to recovery. I think that continually looking at it and worrying about it makes it worse.
Don't give it any attention and it will shrink.

i thought you croaked iron brother in arms, good to see your alright

Grenade

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2008, 09:26:08 AM »

lm

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2008, 09:28:41 AM »
fill the area with silverdine cream and wrap it with a gauze. repeat after showers, etc.

You will probably need a prescription for silverdine and its expensive, but it's the best.

if in 2 weeks you don't see clear progress, you will need more aggressive treatment to stimulate healing.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2008, 09:38:36 AM »
Moosejay,

Regarding the non-healing wound: it sounds like an MDR (Multi-Drug Resistant) bacterial infection, and the problem with those is that surgeons only want to excise the tissue. They cut first, treat later... when sometimes the slower treatment option is more viable.

-Colloidal silver treatment:
Well born babies weren't given sterling silver spoons to suck on for no reason... colloidal (nano-sized particulates) silver has a very potent anti-microbial effect, but as a relatively low-toxicity inert metal the human body can tolerate much higher quantities than bacteria can. Unfortunately large quantities of silver can lodge in the skin giving an ashen look to the complexion... so go easy on the dosage.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head (Lactoferrin protein treatment still isn't available to the public), hope this little bit of info helps.

One other thing I would recommend... and I'm hoping this isn't taken the wrong way, but as a homosexual man who has used intravenous steroids, and in light of your continuing history of health problems (nerve infections etc etc), perhaps you should consider a HIV test?

No offense intended. Just being pragmatic.

The Luke

I think if it were an MDR, they would have caught it already.  Wounds infected by strands like MRSA tend to get treat STAT with heavy duty Antibiotics at the hospital, the type that most people couldn't afford like Zyvox.  I can't see them letting this poor human being walk out of there while having an MDR, negligence would be at play.

The colloidal silver treatment is a good idea, but they still need to identify the agent responsible for the wound's inability to heal.

The STD check would be a good idea, but only in the late stages of AIDS would he suffer from shit that bad.

"1"...MD

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2008, 09:48:29 AM »
yeah, there are MD's who specialize in wound care. I'm assume that you've been to one. Are you experiencing any other ailments? fever, lethargy? if so then it could be a immune problem, lupus, hiv, etc.

My advice: DONT go to the doctor, let us  help you out. We're all highly qualified. Shit, i got the first 2 seasons of Squad 51 on DVD just last week.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2008, 09:58:40 AM »
Have you tried Maggot therapy to try and help heal the wound-----I know that is very succesful in dealing with wounds that will not heal on their own.

worth a shot

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2008, 09:59:42 AM »
aas in wrist...why???
asstropin

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2008, 10:01:27 AM »
I can't believe we've gone two pages and no one has mentioned the benefits of urine therapy

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
URINE WILL HEAL YOUR WOUND MOOSEJAY
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2008, 10:09:11 AM »
this is not the best pic...the wound is much larger now, after 7 surgeries.

I am appealing to anyone with knowlesge or experience for helpful information you may have

Thanks

Mike
If you apply Urine on it regularly, it will heal surprisingly quickly.

Urine is known to heal skin wounds such as this...

THE APPLICATION OF CARBAMIDE (UREA) THERAPY IN WOUND HEALING
http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1391326

Full article here:
http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/picrender.fcgi?artid=1391326&blobtype=pdf

Holder, H.G., and MacKay, E.M. (1939).  Ann. Surg., 110, 94.

bodybuildermdpitt

• Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2008, 10:26:03 AM »
Wound healing has two problems, nutrition and vascular access. From the look of your wound it looks inflamed, I am assuming that it is probably infected. If you are having any fevers, you need to go to an ED, and probably get admitted for IV antibiotics, however, if it is not is not infected, you need to go see a plastic surgeon. Regardless, go to Yale's ED, get the wound cultured and wrapped, and get referred to a plastic surgeon. Depending on how deep the wound is, you may even need a flap reconstruction. But you need to see someone asap. On a side note, these type of things will continue to happen in American health care, if we don't start paying PCPs more.

J Grey

Re: URINE WILL HEAL YOUR WOUND MOOSEJAY
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2008, 10:26:16 AM »

Just give it a shot, what have you got to lose?

shut the fuck up you stupid skinny twink.  I'm getting sick of you and your piss drinking ways.

J Grey

« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2008, 10:34:32 AM »

THE APPLICATION OF CARBAMIDE (UREA) THERAPY IN WOUND HEALING
http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1391326

Full article here:
http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/picrender.fcgi?artid=1391326&blobtype=pdf

Holder, H.G., and MacKay, E.M. (1939).  Ann. Surg., 110, 94.

I hope you break your arms and that we will not have to hear your faggotry here ever again.

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
GHEY J HAS NO FAITH IN GOD
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2008, 10:40:26 AM »

I hope you break your arms and that we will not have to hear your faggotry here ever again.
Ghey J,

You may find these quotes interesting you bible-thumping queer:

"Drink water from your own cistern, flowing water from your own well." (The Book of Proverbs 5:15)

"But Rabshakeh said, Hath my master sent me to thy master and to thee to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men that sit upon the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?" (Isaiah 36:12) (See also 2 Kings 18:27)

-----------------
cistern: a sac or cavity containing natural body fluid.  ;)

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2008, 10:42:08 AM »
it is going to spread and you are going to lose your arm.

don't blame me for saying this, blame god for punishing you for your sexual deviance.
b

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2008, 10:43:03 AM »
This beautfiul tribute needs to be posted again, look at the way he adoringly stares at his nephew and holds hands with aaron baker

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/moosegay/video/x6yqcz_moosegay_lifestyle

J Grey

« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2008, 10:43:12 AM »
J Ghey,

You may find these quotes interesting you bible-thumping queer:

"Drink water from your own cistern, flowing water from your own well." (The Book of Proverbs 5:15)

"But Rabshakeh said, Hath my master sent me to thy master and to thee to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men that sit upon the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?" (Isaiah 36:12) (See also 2 Kings 18:27)

-----------------
cistern: a sac or cavity containing natural body fluid.  ;)

you may find this helpful

go fuck yourself, you skinny, piss drinking faggot

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
GHEY J HAS NO FAITH IN GOD
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2008, 10:44:36 AM »
you may find this helpful

go fuck yourself, you skinny, piss drinking faggot
You're the one pounding away at the bible.  ::) Jackass.