Author Topic: training and steroids  (Read 13375 times)

bigdarksnake

• Getbig II
Re: training and steroids
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2009, 09:52:27 AM »
thanks for the replies

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2009, 02:38:29 PM »
Its not belief. I know what works for me and what doesn't when it comes to training! Been at this for a very long time. I may not be the most scientific text book guru, but I know how to train my body. I still have questions, I am still learning, but when it comes to volume I know what works for me.

That is what's key to learn - what works for you & what doesn't.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2009, 03:18:44 PM »
Personally I change things up.  I've tried just about every training program out there.  When I was younger, I could definitely get away with a lot more volume and frequency like tbomz.  As I got older, even with juice, my recovery slowed and I adapted my routines accordingly.  I'm not even going to compound vs isolation argument, it's silly because saying one is better than the other is quite ludicrous.  I don't really get the attitude of some people who seem to be very pigeonholed into a certain mindset of what works for them must automatically be the best way and will work for everyone else.  We're all different, genetics, biomechanically, etc.  The important thing is to experiment, find what works for you and go with it but also remember to keep experimenting.  As you grow and get older your body adapts and what used to work may not be optimal later on in life.

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2009, 04:44:32 PM »
I've always thought changing it up regularly to shock the body is the most important factor.  There are so many different ways to train a body part.  I just switch it up every few weeks.  Plus, it keeps it from being boring.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2009, 11:32:50 AM »
the thing with training so frequently and with so much volume is, it gets more and more stressfull as u get stronger..... ive always been a low volume type trainer, ive tried alsorts over the yrs and its just what u find that suits your self..

as for the training diff whilest on gear.. i used to tend to do more drop sets and forced reps,, apart from that nothing changed

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2009, 12:12:03 PM »
tell that to louie simmons, or dave tate or countless others.

They're not even BBs, and clearly have unusually strong and durable bodies to do what they do, hardly the norm. There are always exceptions to the rule who never get hurt no matter what, it's not smart to use them as examples. Onlyme here on getbig was a long-time heavy bencher, never once has had a serious injury.