Author Topic: Wrestlers then and now  (Read 138194 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: Wrestlers then and now
« Reply #275 on: December 24, 2008, 11:34:05 PM »
This is where my love of big muscular men in underwear began.  The oil came later.

lol! Now that's a classic post right there. Classic on so many levels.

GetBig at it's finest.

Wiggs, I acknowledge you.

Carry on.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #276 on: December 25, 2008, 12:19:42 AM »
TTT

Boneless Wings Three 01.59  Plain

Tender Strips One 01.29     Plain

Original Chicken Sandwich One 01.29   Regular

Original Chicken Sandwich One  01.29  Spicy

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #277 on: December 25, 2008, 09:30:37 AM »
sid

Man did Sid lose some serious size since the 1990's.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #278 on: December 25, 2008, 09:32:21 AM »
Anyone got any pics / info / stories of The Texas Tornado (Kerry Von Eric)? Guy had a great build (better than Ultimate Warrior and Lex Luger) but died while he was quite young :-\

I met him in the early 1990's. He committed suicide. So many of the Von Eric's died a tragic death. I think one died from getting electrocuted. Kevin is the last remaining Von Eric I believe.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #279 on: December 25, 2008, 09:41:38 AM »
The Barbarian

WOW, he became a fat slob   :P

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #280 on: December 25, 2008, 09:44:47 AM »
ANOTHER OF MY INSPIRATION!

The genius was also Leaping Lanny Poffo. Randy Poffo Savage's real brother.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #281 on: December 25, 2008, 09:45:31 AM »
Lanny Pofo The Genius

WOW has he changed!

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #282 on: December 25, 2008, 09:46:32 AM »
Mike Rotundo ( IRS )

He looks EXACTLY like the guy from Evil Dead!!!!!!  :o :o :o :o :o

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #284 on: December 25, 2008, 09:49:45 AM »
hahah i was such a mark for IRS.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #285 on: December 25, 2008, 10:54:08 AM »
Magnum TA

Magnum would have been the NWA champ a few times if he hadn't been in that car accident... Shame.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #286 on: December 25, 2008, 01:41:33 PM »
He looks EXACTLY like the guy from Evil Dead!!!!!!  :o :o :o :o :o

Bruce Campbell!! Bruce Campbell is the greatest actor that has ever lived  PERIOD!!!
D

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #287 on: December 25, 2008, 02:00:42 PM »
Skandar Akbar

My family is very close with him. He is a great historian for the business. He has lots of great stories when he is at my parents I always try to be there cause I know I will be entertained.

Hey Karl, I never was a really huge wrestling fan, I mean I know alot of the guys being posted from the late 80's and early 90's but when you get into all the technical stuff I am lost.

However, I grew up in the Metroplex so I am aware of the Von Erichs and all that, course.

I lived in Grapevine around 1987 (just a little kid, 1st grade) but I do remember the local wrestling show that would come on where the Von Erichs and Percy Pringle and Mark Emory would come on.

Anyways, if you remember that, then you will remember that they would always have these two older guys who would just kinda walk around the ring during the matches, I guess to stop from the crowd interference.

One of those guys lived in my apartment complex,(it was called Pearl Tree apartments at that time) I remember he had a room full wrestling memorabilla that was really cool. If I remember correctly his name or nickname was Curly, any recollections of him, maybe your father will remember him.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #288 on: December 25, 2008, 02:35:18 PM »
Bruce Campbell!! Bruce Campbell is the greatest actor that has ever lived  PERIOD!!!

I agree!  :D

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #289 on: December 25, 2008, 07:16:21 PM »
Anyone who chimed in on this thread will really enjoy "The Wrestler" movie starring Mickey Rourke. The rave reviews of Rourke's performance are well-deserved. It was about 20 minutes into the movie, before I said to myself, "That's Mickey Rourke." He had me believing in his character from the first minute of the film.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #290 on: December 25, 2008, 07:46:05 PM »
The Road Warriors are one of my favorites(RIP Hawk).  Greatest tag team in history, they were the first to really bring a true brawling and dominant force when they started challenging the more technical-savvy Four Horsemen. 

Here's a few facts and figures about various wrestlers past and present from a longtime fan myself:

- Lex Luger is crippled and has become a Christian.

- There are many rumors that Macho Man had sex with a then underage Stephanie McMahon, which is the major reason that Vince Sr. hates him so much.

- Warlord of the Powers of Pain wrestling team was freakishly strong and had one of the more impressive physiques wrestling has ever seen.

- The Nasty Boys threw Ken Shamrock through a glass window in a hotel.

- Booker T served time in state prison for armed robbery of a Wendy's...while he was an employee of Wendy's.

- Big Van Vader once powerbombed a jobber so hard that it broke the jobber's back, crippling him for life.  Vader was so distraught over the situation that he was driven to tears.

- Big Van Vader's eye once popped out of his head during a match in Japan.

- Andre the Giant once fell asleep in the ring during a match with Big John Studd.  It is said that Andre liked to drink copious amounts of wine during his days.

- Kurt Angle kicked the shit out of Brock Lesnar while on a plane.

- JBL often bullies rookies.  As a practical joke, he likes to enter the shower area with a hardon and pretends to want to rape whoever is there. 

- Randy Orton took a shit in one of the WWE diva's luggage bags.

- Razor Ramone often no-showed events due to drunkedness.

- During WCW, Mr. Perfect, Lex Luger, and Konaan were under the ring apron to come out from under it after the main event, so they were under there for a couple of hours at least.  Mr. Perfect in the course of that time had to badly take a shit and did so in a metal bucket.  It's said the stench was so foul that both Luger and Konaan vomited underneath the ring.

- Triple H was trained in the ring by Killer Karl Kox himself(pretty sure its true??!!), and was also trained by legendary trainer Charles Glass.

- Rowdy Roddy Piper smashed a full bottle of beer against his forehead causing him to bleed profusely.  Like a champ, he went on with his live promo as if nothing happened.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #292 on: December 25, 2008, 07:51:43 PM »
Hey Karl, I never was a really huge wrestling fan, I mean I know alot of the guys being posted from the late 80's and early 90's but when you get into all the technical stuff I am lost.

However, I grew up in the Metroplex so I am aware of the Von Erichs and all that, course.

I lived in Grapevine around 1987 (just a little kid, 1st grade) but I do remember the local wrestling show that would come on where the Von Erichs and Percy Pringle and Mark Emory would come on.

Anyways, if you remember that, then you will remember that they would always have these two older guys who would just kinda walk around the ring during the matches, I guess to stop from the crowd interference.

One of those guys lived in my apartment complex,(it was called Pearl Tree apartments at that time) I remember he had a room full wrestling memorabilla that was really cool. If I remember correctly his name or nickname was Curly, any recollections of him, maybe your father will remember him.

I don't know the names of the guys you are talking about.   But I think one of them was at a reunion a year or so ago.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #293 on: December 25, 2008, 07:52:23 PM »
- Big Van Vader once powerbombed a jobber so hard that it broke the jobber's back, crippling him for life.  Vader was so distraught over the situation that he was driven to tears.

this was a work just to get Vader more over as a viscous killer heel

- Triple H was trained in the ring by Killer Karl Kox himself(pretty sure its true??!!), and was also trained by legendary trainer Charles Glass.

Killer Kowalski and I don't think he ever trained with charles glass cuz HHH was based in Massachussets during his formative

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #294 on: December 25, 2008, 08:00:13 PM »

Not true it's Killer Kowalski.  My dad and HHH has only met like once

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #295 on: December 25, 2008, 08:25:15 PM »
Tugboat Fred Taylor

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #297 on: December 25, 2008, 08:46:52 PM »
Disco Inferno Glen Gilberti

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #298 on: December 25, 2008, 08:49:14 PM »
I LIKED DISCO'S HAIR

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #299 on: December 25, 2008, 08:54:00 PM »
Red Bastein another good frien of the familys