Author Topic: Wrestlers then and now  (Read 138190 times)

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
Re: Wrestlers then and now
« Reply #300 on: December 26, 2008, 05:12:43 AM »
The Barbarian

I worked a show wit Barbarian when I was in college, around summer of 2002.  Super nice guy and still strong as HELL!  Hands like a catcher's mitt when you shook.

He confirmed stories of Haku's bad-ass credentials, said NOBODY would mess with him!

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #301 on: December 26, 2008, 05:13:35 AM »
I miss the period of like 87-92. The golden age IMO. 93-96 sucked, then the Monday Night Wars and Attitude era was great and it started dropping off after 2002.
Truth!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #302 on: December 26, 2008, 05:21:09 AM »
Dan Spivey follow this link to his mug shot

Spivey looks worse than anybody for his age.  Wow.  Pretty cool on the arrest file it has one of his allias listed as "Dangerous Dan."  haha

spinnis

« Reply #303 on: December 26, 2008, 06:39:24 AM »
Razor Ramone often no-showed events due to drunkedness.

I wouldn't doubt this at all  ;D

spinnis

« Reply #304 on: December 26, 2008, 06:43:07 AM »
Disco Inferno Glen Gilberti

I remember how much I hated that guy when I was like 9 yr old or whatever haha.

Maxxx Testosterone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • The ALPHA-MALE
« Reply #305 on: December 26, 2008, 07:27:17 AM »
Hahahah Disco Inferno rulez ;)

I remember ine 2000 , the first show I ve wrestled, Abdullah was on the main event. And after the match he ate 2 large all dressed pizzas , with 2 pint of beer ...... great post match/workout meal ;)

Myghty_max@hotmail.c

spinnis

« Reply #306 on: December 26, 2008, 07:39:45 AM »
Hahahah Disco Inferno rulez ;)

I remember when he danced infront of goldberg and then almost got speared to death  ;D

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #307 on: December 26, 2008, 08:43:45 AM »
I've learned a lot of inside info on this thread.  Thanks guys keep it coming

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #308 on: December 26, 2008, 08:58:03 AM »
Glenn (Disco) is also freakishly strong.    I used to see him at PowerHouse in Alpharetta where he would come in and do chest and would bang out 8-10 reps with 405.  No spot, no breaking a sweat either.

Buff Bagwell had the puniest calves you would ever see in your life.  Like toothpicks.  Rumor was he had calf implants that had gone bad and almost crippled him.  Had to have them removed.  Another dude that went to the same doc always wore black combat boots and black microshorts, on the outside area of both of his calves was always  a red oval mark.  Like he had been sitting for extended times with his leg crossed over his knee.  Big red splotch where the implant was too close to the surface.

Glacier was the manager at that Power House gym after he got booted from WCW for his attitude.  Kenny Kage and Chaos (that old buff tag team... would like to see pics of them now) were both Asst Managers there for about a month before they all got fired at the same time.  (Glacier had been there longer)

Jim Powers was a legitimate strong man.  He would regularly rep out with 315 on behind the neck presses.  There was a reason he never really made it big in the sport but apparently it was hush-hush because no one would ever say what it was or talk about it.  I wonder what he looks like now days.

Van Hammer was said to be the biggest thief to ever walk into a locker room.  So much that when he was on the card, wrestlers would take turns sitting in the locker room being a designated look out for other people's belongings.

Eddie Guerro uses to buy his Rejuvenate! (GHB) from MidTown Discount Supps when it was legal and being sold there.  He would buy a case at a time along with several 5 lb buckets of whatever whey protein powder was the cheapest.  heard he often mixed whey and tuna in a shake and then had a spoonful for peanut butter or mayonaisse for the extra cals/fats.  (though I would think the PNB would be more healthy than mayo)

that's about all I know.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: December 26, 2008, 09:00:31 AM »
good read if you got the time. I'd say 90% are fake though
http://www.angelfire.com/wrestling3/kotdm15/listsleeze.html

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #310 on: December 26, 2008, 09:01:36 AM »
Barry Windham

I remember back in the 80's Barry went to prison with the singer from the Tampa, Fl glam band "Inticed" for printing counterfeit money.

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #311 on: December 26, 2008, 09:08:59 AM »
Glenn (Disco) is also freakishly strong.    I used to see him at PowerHouse in Alpharetta where he would come in and do chest and would bang out 8-10 reps with 405.  No spot, no breaking a sweat either.

Buff Bagwell had the puniest calves you would ever see in your life.  Like toothpicks.  Rumor was he had calf implants that had gone bad and almost crippled him.  Had to have them removed.  Another dude that went to the same doc always wore black combat boots and black microshorts, on the outside area of both of his calves was always  a red oval mark.  Like he had been sitting for extended times with his leg crossed over his knee.  Big red splotch where the implant was too close to the surface.

Glacier was the manager at that Power House gym after he got booted from WCW for his attitude.  Kenny Kage and Chaos (that old buff tag team... would like to see pics of them now) were both Asst Managers there for about a month before they all got fired at the same time.  (Glacier had been there longer)

Jim Powers was a legitimate strong man.  He would regularly rep out with 315 on behind the neck presses.  There was a reason he never really made it big in the sport but apparently it was hush-hush because no one would ever say what it was or talk about it.  I wonder what he looks like now days.

Van Hammer was said to be the biggest thief to ever walk into a locker room.  So much that when he was on the card, wrestlers would take turns sitting in the locker room being a designated look out for other people's belongings.

Eddie Guerro uses to buy his Rejuvenate! (GHB) from MidTown Discount Supps when it was legal and being sold there.  He would buy a case at a time along with several 5 lb buckets of whatever whey protein powder was the cheapest.  heard he often mixed whey and tuna in a shake and then had a spoonful for peanut butter or mayonaisse for the extra cals/fats.  (though I would think the PNB would be more healthy than mayo)

that's about all I know.
Chaos was a blonde haired dude that was really jacked back in thw WCW days.  I wonder why he never made it?

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #312 on: December 26, 2008, 12:53:05 PM »
Bruce Campbell!! Bruce Campbell is the greatest actor that has ever lived  PERIOD!!!
i've read his book if chins could kill.
F

spinnis

« Reply #313 on: December 26, 2008, 01:37:24 PM »
Damn Sid Vicious was HUUGE, never knew he was like 6"8 DAMn.

spinnis

« Reply #314 on: December 26, 2008, 01:50:48 PM »

Som GREAT stuff there  ;D

atlest the wrestlers vs wrestlers part.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #315 on: December 26, 2008, 02:58:00 PM »

I read a lot of it not all some of it is true. this is not though

Bruiser Brody was supposed to do a shoot run-in on the first WrestleMania...

It was David Schultz

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #316 on: December 26, 2008, 03:03:57 PM »

I read a lot of it not all some of it is true. this is not though

It was David Schultz

Dr. D!  I remember when he slapped Stossel, great stuff!

RS

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #317 on: December 26, 2008, 03:08:59 PM »
Alan Coage - Bad News Brown died earlier this year - maybe last year.  He lived in Canada and was a security professional.  My judo instructor whas his coach when he was multix National champion and went to the Olympics.   I believe he had been living in recent years with double knee replacements.

RS

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #318 on: December 26, 2008, 03:47:27 PM »
Atlas, Magnum TA, Jimmy Valiant, Ivan Koloff and Nikita Koloff

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #319 on: December 26, 2008, 03:58:23 PM »

- The Nasty Boys threw Ken Shamrock through a glass window in a hotel.

- Kurt Angle kicked the shit out of Brock Lesnar while on a plane.

i have a really hard time believing these...Angle is a great werestler but to kick his ass on a plane?

spinnis

« Reply #320 on: December 26, 2008, 04:00:06 PM »
i have a really hard time believing these...Angle is a great werestler but to kick his ass on a plane?

The story is that Angle though he could take lesnar to the ground and lesnar didnt think so,
So the tried it, in a friendly way and Angle managed to do it ofc :)

in a FIGHT Angle wouldnt stand a chance.

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #321 on: December 26, 2008, 04:05:07 PM »

Karl...any truth to this?

230. Killer Karl Kox has a glass eye. He would secretly remove the eye and put it in his foreskin. When a girl went to go down on him, they got an "eyefull" and left screaming.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #322 on: December 26, 2008, 04:07:58 PM »
The story is that Angle though he could take lesnar to the ground and lesnar didnt think so,
So the tried it, in a friendly way and Angle managed to do it ofc :)

in a FIGHT Angle wouldnt stand a chance.

that i can believe, Angle is in another class as far as real wrestling goes, but in an airplane?? Lesnar is huge.

spinnis

« Reply #323 on: December 26, 2008, 04:08:47 PM »
that i can believe, Angle is in another class as far as real wrestling goes, but in an airplane?? Lesnar is huge.

olympic gold medalist is probably as good as it gets lol.

Big airplane maby  ;D

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #324 on: December 26, 2008, 04:30:48 PM »
Disco Inferno Glen Gilberti

I liked the Disco Inferno.