Author Topic: Q&A with IFBB Pro AD Cherry  (Read 14450 times)

JasonH

• Getbig V
Re: Q&A with IFBB Pro AD Cherry
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2009, 01:35:36 PM »
AD,

Can you post your offseason diet and precontest diet please?

Also, how many calories and grams of protein do you take in a day offseason and precontest?

Many thanks

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2009, 02:32:48 PM »
ad, you have a great back.

can you share your back routine and tell me if you change the excercises or stick with the same ones.

thanks.
175lbs by 31st July

cherrybody

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2009, 05:53:20 AM »
AD at what age did u started training,and when did u decided that you wanted to become an ifb pro one day??
thanks
MY mom was a single parent so I was going to the gym at a very early age  when my mom would play racquetball at Kangaroo courts! That's about 100 years ago it seems. In sixth grade I got my first Olympic bench press. It was a b-day gift from a man dating my mom who is now call DAD.
I really caught the bug my junior year in highschool and by my senior year I was going to the gym after school working out at school and cutting class to workout. I never heard of over training so I thought the more the better.
Highschool was the first time I ever said I was going to be a pro bodybuilder. I still talk to to a lot of those friends from highschool and we get a kick out of that,we mostly laugh about how I pick to be a professional in the sport that is the toughest to make $ and even harder to please everyone well actually that's impossible.
I'd never trade it in for anything else. This is what I love to do.

cherrybody

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2009, 06:03:04 AM »
ad, you have a great back.

can you share your back routine and tell me if you change the excercises or stick with the same ones.

thanks.
When I'm really training my back routine consists of
bent over barbell row-seated low row-tbar row or lever row-pulldowns front

or pulls front-bent over barbell-seated row machine-hammer strength low row

I choose to go last during our workouts so I never choose the excersises and I always try to do the most reps and have the best form.
we joke around and say , oh its muscle confusion day but that's what it is.
I needed to add thickness and still do so we train a lot of rows
but we did pullups once! 

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2009, 08:29:47 AM »
When I'm really training my back routine consists of
bent over barbell row-seated low row-tbar row or lever row-pulldowns front

or pulls front-bent over barbell-seated row machine-hammer strength low row

I choose to go last during our workouts so I never choose the excersises and I always try to do the most reps and have the best form.
we joke around and say , oh its muscle confusion day but that's what it is.
I needed to add thickness and still do so we train a lot of rows
but we did pullups once! 
thanks, how about bigJ's question? i'm interestd in that too.

cheers.
175lbs by 31st July

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2009, 10:46:06 AM »
AD.....................WAKE UP BRO!

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2009, 01:51:44 PM »

dude give him a break, hes one week out from a show, i doubt posting on getbig is high on his priority list.

beazzcaine

• Getbig II
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2009, 06:43:33 PM »
lol....u guys are TOO FUNNY!!  I'm up...whatcha guys wanna know?  His off season diet?  Hmm.....let's see...Taco Bell...Wingstop....Jakes Pizza...greasy chinese food....food binging contests at Red Lobster to see who can eat the most cheese biscuits and eat their food without puking (AD holds the record).......Fried Burritos fr DQ, Hot Wings from KFC.....Fried Fish and Shrimp and Chips....the list goes on and on (he's gonna love this post).... ;D

Pre-contest diet.....which would mean 4 weeks out...literally....he would have no idea on calories.  He eats WHATEVER I DECIDE TO COOK!!!! :D

dude give him a break, hes one week out from a show, i doubt posting on getbig is high on his priority list.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2009, 08:25:28 PM »
lol....u guys are TOO FUNNY!!  I'm up...whatcha guys wanna know?  His off season diet?  Hmm.....let's see...Taco Bell...Wingstop....Jakes Pizza...greasy chinese food....food binging contests at Red Lobster to see who can eat the most cheese biscuits and eat their food without puking (AD holds the record).......Fried Burritos fr DQ, Hot Wings from KFC.....Fried Fish and Shrimp and Chips....the list goes on and on (he's gonna love this post).... ;D

Pre-contest diet.....which would mean 4 weeks out...literally....he would have no idea on calories.  He eats WHATEVER I DECIDE TO COOK!!!! :D

Who are you ???
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2009, 08:27:31 PM »
w

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2009, 08:28:56 PM »
maybe his wife?!
I just want to make sure it's not a prankster. If so.......BOOOOOM, posts will be gone.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2009, 08:29:15 PM »
I just want to make sure it's not a prankster. If so.......BOOOOOM, posts will be gone.
ahhh true
w

cherrybody

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2009, 09:50:38 PM »
lol....u guys are TOO FUNNY!!  I'm up...watch guys wanna know?  His off season diet?  Hmm.....let's see...Taco Bell...Wingstop....Jakes Pizza...greasy chinese food....food binging contests at Red Lobster to see who can eat the most cheese biscuits and eat their food without puking (AD holds the record).......Fried Burritos fr DQ, Hot Wings from KFC.....Fried Fish and Shrimp and Chips....the list goes on and on (he's gonna love this post).... ;D

Well there it is if I would've told you that ,you guy's would say I'm lying.
14 cheesy biscuits we split 2 1/2 lbs of crab legs and you have to finish your whole meal salad and a min 2 course with potato or rice and veggies

cherrybody

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2009, 10:01:31 PM »
AD,

Can you post your offseason diet and precontest diet please?

Also, how many calories and grams of protein do you take in a day offseason and precontest?

Many thanks
B who manages my life answered that ? and if we're lucky she will tell us the precontest amounts which she knows and of course my nutritionist,but she cooks all the food and if I look like I'm flattening out she adds a little bit of this or a little bit of that (potato's,rice,sweet potato etc.)
I'll tell you what after I place in the top 5 I'll post the exact diet I was supposed to follow ;D

cherrybody

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2009, 10:07:08 PM »
I'm up i only missed 1 ?  ;D

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2009, 12:27:46 AM »

Er, okaaay....

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2009, 06:53:50 AM »

I do not know whether to hate him or admire him  :D
175lbs by 31st July

beazzcaine

• Getbig II
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2009, 09:14:28 AM »
I do not know whether to hate him or admire him  :D

Trust me...even I have a hard time watching him eat all that stuff.  It's just NOT FAIR!  And I wasn't even over exaggerating.

beazzcaine

• Getbig II
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2009, 09:24:59 AM »
Er, okaaay....

Big J!!  I really wasn't joking. He really does eat all that stuff.  Seriously.  However, his contest diet consists anywhere from fish and chicken, ground chicken, ground turkey or ground sirloin.  Which I just added chicken into his diet since AD said he's willing to eat anything!!  I wonder if he'll eat Bison or Wild Salmon now??  :)  Red & Sweet Potatoes, Rice or Black beans, lots and lots of veggies as well as egg whites and oatmeal sometimes cereal if he has a hard time with that stuff.

The one thing I always do is cook all his food with spices.  AD "never" eats anything plain.  He can have ketchup (organic low sodium no sugar)...BBQ sauce (same thing as the ketchup)...lots of lemon juice...lots of pepper...lots of chili powder...cumin....cajun spice...turmeric....card amon......etc....etc.  You get my point.  I don't even take out salt.  He also has low sodium soy sauce with his sushi.....and he's allowed a treat if he eats all his meals....french toast with protein powder,egg whites, and almond breeze smothered in organic sugar free syrup with a touch of butter (but not REAL butter).   ;)

I'm a big fan of organic stuff so AD gets alot of good wholesome healthy food.  Anywhere from organic juiced carrots, beets, cabbage, oranges, apples...parsley...all organic no pesticides or contaminants.  The protein he has is also pretty healthy.  No hormones or antibiotics....free range, organic, not caged or farm raised.  AND.....No growth...  like he needs that stuff.  ;D

So there you have it....I gave away a few of my secrets....hopefully it helps! 

cherrybody

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2009, 09:31:06 AM »
Big J!!  I really wasn't joking. He really does eat all that stuff.  Seriously.  However, his contest diet consists anywhere from fish and chicken.  Which I just added chicken to his diet since AD said he's willing to eat anything!!  I wonder if he'll eat Bison??  :)  Red & Sweet Potatoes, Rice or Black beans, lots and lots of veggies as well as egg whites and oatmeal sometimes cereal if he has a hard time with that stuff.

The one thing I always do is cook all is food with spices.  AD "never" eats anything plain.  I give him ketchup (organic low sodium no sugar)...BBQ sauce (same thing as the ketchup)...lots of lemon juice...lots of pepper...lots of chili powder...cumin....etc... .etc.  You get my point.  I don't even take out salt.  He can also have low sodium soy sauce with sushi.....and he's allowed a treat if he eats all his meals....french toast with protein powder,egg whites, and almond breeze smothered in sugar free syrup with a touch of butter.   ;)

Dam B now I feel guilty....not ;)
She looks better than me she cooks better than me and she writes better than me!

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2009, 01:44:05 PM »
Big J!!  I really wasn't joking. He really does eat all that stuff.  Seriously.  However, his contest diet consists anywhere from fish and chicken, ground chicken, ground turkey or ground sirloin.  Which I just added chicken into his diet since AD said he's willing to eat anything!!  I wonder if he'll eat Bison or Wild Salmon now??  :)  Red & Sweet Potatoes, Rice or Black beans, lots and lots of veggies as well as egg whites and oatmeal sometimes cereal if he has a hard time with that stuff.

The one thing I always do is cook all is food with spices.  AD "never" eats anything plain.  He can have ketchup (organic low sodium no sugar)...BBQ sauce (same thing as the ketchup)...lots of lemon juice...lots of pepper...lots of chili powder...cumin....cajun spice...turmeric....card amon......etc....etc.  You get my point.  I don't even take out salt.  He also has low sodium soy sauce with his sushi.....and he's allowed a treat if he eats all his meals....french toast with protein powder,egg whites, and almond breeze smothered in organic sugar free syrup with a touch of butter (but not REAL butter).   ;)

I'm a big fan of organic stuff so AD gets alot of good wholesome healthy food.  Anywhere from organic juiced carrots, beets, cabbage, oranges, apples...parsley...all organic no pesticides or contaminants.  The protein he has is also pretty healthy.  No hormones or antibiotics....free range, organic, not caged or farm raised.  AND.....No growth...  like he needs that stuff.  ;D

Excellent - good answer. Guess I just have to start filling my face then! :)

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2009, 03:22:51 PM »
sorry about the contest AD
i was hoping you would have nailed your condition

do u have an idea what your next show?
w

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2009, 02:03:54 AM »

So never comes off t3 ,clen and stimulants?  ???

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2009, 07:19:15 AM »
So never comes off t3 ,clen and stimulants?  ???
AD is like one of those kids who eats all day and never gets fat. if he used those products during the offseason, i dont think it would be possible for him to ever go up in weight. 

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2009, 10:40:59 AM »
AD is like one of those kids who eats all day and never gets fat. if he used those products during the offseason, i dont think it would be possible for him to ever go up in weight. 
Thats alot of junk food bro.. ??? Just thinking about it is adding inches to my waist  :D