Author Topic: "Brett Favre"  (Read 25448 times)

Joel_A

• Getbig III
Re: "Brett Favre"
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2008, 08:06:53 PM »
oh, and bodybuilding.  ::)

tymac63

• Getbig II
« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2008, 08:19:12 PM »
   the team the cowboys had; the OL was one of the best of all times.  the avg running back could have put up the stats that smith had.  not taking nothing from smith, but you can drive a truck though them holes.  but you can say them hogs had a great line as well 

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2008, 08:36:56 PM »
Does anyone else think that Tony Romo is a little version of Farve who makes just as many mistakes as older Brett does?...

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2008, 08:40:08 PM »
By the way...Marino couldn't win because he was a fcuking cock sucker of a human being...He was hated be most of the people on his team...If Marino and Montana changed roles, Marino would not have won in SF either...Clark and Rice would have also dropped a ton of ballz from the douchebag/cokehead Marino...

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2008, 08:40:50 PM »
By the way...Mario couldn't win because he was a fcuking cock sucker of a human being...He was hated be most of the people on his team...If Mario and Montana changed roles, Mario would not have won in SF either...Clark and Rice would have also dropped a ton of ballz from the douchebag/cokehead Mario...
who the hell is Mario? ???

Joel_A

• Getbig III
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2008, 08:43:24 PM »

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2008, 08:44:12 PM »

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2008, 08:52:20 PM »
all im saying is barry sanders is the best running back player to ever play the game !

fixed. For the doubters, show mw anyone who has done more with less.

Jason

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2008, 08:55:18 PM »
I think he belongs in the HOF. I don't think he deserved to go as early as he did.

The same thing will happen in baseball. Jeter will go in first ballot HOF, even though he's not the greatest infielder of his era.

Some guys are just media darlings that remain untouchable. Aikman was one of those guys. Peyton Manning is another -- they are untouchable, and they would have to be caught throwing kittens from atop the Empire State Building in the nude for anyone to believe differently.

Surely youre not so retarded that you would say manning is just a media darling? Have you ever watched a football game or sports stat? Idiot.

Jason

Joel_A

• Getbig III
« Reply #84 on: December 28, 2008, 08:56:46 PM »
fixed. For the doubters, show mw anyone who has done more with less.

Jason

maybe jim brown.

body88

« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2008, 09:16:11 PM »
He did win a few rings before Moss came to town, so that's enough for most critics. You could have said the same about Montana during a few of his "lesser years". Not great on the stat sheet (ala Marino), but what he lacked in "fantasy" game he made up for in the win column.

Vinatieri is owed big time by Pats nation. And Bellichick is the real HOF'er in the whole mix. He's the one who is truly great.

It should be noted that Moss was at the lowest point in his career before he started playing with Brady.  Also, it should be mentioned that Brady passed for over 4000 yards with Branch as a number one option in 2005.  Brady has always made receivers better, and his mindblowing stats in 07 came from Belichick opening up the pats O to Brady, and allowing it to be an explosive ariel attack (and Brady getting some legit wr's).  The running game was the emphasis before the NFL started changing all the rules to encourage passing.  Belichick is infact a genius, so that helps.  It's amazing what Brady did (considering many of the final games were in very bad weather).  I think he would have went 65+ td's to 4 int's if he played in a dome.

I don't know how anyone can question Brady and cite that spygate nonsense.  Last year, when the media frenzy was going on, the guy threw 50 td's to 4 freaking ints.  There was defiantly no monkey business going on last season.  He had the best season of any QB ever, and he did it under intense scrutiny.  Oh and The commissioner of the NFL stated several times no "taping" occurred in any sb's so that whole argument is bs. Brady had all the sb's and owns every record in the books for a single season, he can't be denied.  However, I still consider Montana the best ever (at this point) 

Brady now has Moss and Welker
Manning has Harrison and Wayne
Montana had Rice
etc....

Joel_A

• Getbig III
« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2008, 09:24:59 PM »
It should be noted that Moss was at the lowest point in his career before he started playing with Brady.  Also, it should be mentioned that Brady passed for over 4000 yards with Branch as a number one option in 2005.  Brady has always made receivers better, and his mindblowing stats in 07 came from Belichick turning the pats O into a much more explosive ariel attackm and him getting some legit wr's.  The running game was the emphasis before the NFL started changing all the rules to encourage passing.  Belichick is infact a genius, so that helps.  It's amazing what Brady did (considering many of the final games where in very bad weather).  I think he would have went 65+ td's to 4 int's if he played in a dome.

I don't know how anyone can question Brady and cite that spygate nonsense.  Last year, when the media frenzy was going on, the guy threw 50 td's to 4 freaking ints.  There was defiantly no monkey business going on last season.  He had the best season of any QB ever, and he did it under intense scrutiny.  Oh and The commissioner of the NFL stated several times no "taping" occurred in any sb's so that whole argument is bs. Brady had all the sb's and owns every record in the books for a single season, he can't be denied.  However, I still consider Montana the best ever (at this point) 

Brady now has Moss and Welker
Manning has Harrison and Wayne
Montana had Rice
etc....

why on earth would you put montana ahead of brady? brady has done a lot more than montana has ever done (and that's saying a LOT). brady's not my fav qb (marino is) but he definitely should be ahead of montana at this point, no?

body88

« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2008, 09:25:56 PM »
why on earth would you put montana ahead of brady? brady has done a lot more than montana has ever done (and that's saying a LOT). brady's not my fav qb (marino is) but he definitely should be ahead of montana at this point, no?

I agree, but I won't say Brady is the greatest ever until it's all said and done.  At that point I think it might be able to be said without much of a counter argument from others.  If he wins another sb, it's not even debatable - imo.

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
« Reply #88 on: December 28, 2008, 09:57:01 PM »
Brady seems like a heady guy.  But one cannot help but to think that much of his success came as a result of what the NFL has defined as cheating.     

Correct.  The NFL had to go back and instruct officials on how to properly call defensive holding/pass interference according to the rule book, after the Pats RAPED the Colts receivers year after year in the AFC playoffs, and prior to that, the Rams receivers in SB36.  You call any of those games according to the rule book, and the Pats don't even get a sniff of at least 2 of their Super Bowls.

Come on man. You don't believe that? If you did, why didn't Cassel take them to the playoffs? Why wasn't their division record stronger than it was?

Maybe it's because they have about 18 players on Injured reserve, and their defense is getting almost elderly.

Cheating...just a bunch of BS media hooplah. Like Bellichick did anything every other coach is doing. Spare me.

They were caught, and tapes from previous years mysteriously "disappeared".  Yeah, right.  Goodell was doing a favor for his buddy Bobby Kraft, and sweeping under the rug a whole multitude of problems that those tapes would've revealed for the league's legitimacy.

I'm not a Pats fan, but that wasn't cheating.

You sound like one.  And perhaps their "gift" in SB36 wasn't "cheating", but there's no question that Bobby Kraft and Tags were buddies.  Any reasonably knowledgeable football fan will never acknowledge their SB36 "win" as legit after seeing the 150+ yards in free uncalled penalties they got away with in that game.  See these videos for a refresher in that gang raping (150 yards of uncalled penalties & Bernie Kukar - Incompetent or "on the take"):

&feature=related
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3529369093687376012

Brady has always made receivers better, and his mindblowing stats in 07 came from Belichick opening up the pats O to Brady, and allowing it to be an explosive ariel attack (and Brady getting some legit wr's).  The running game was the emphasis before the NFL started changing all the rules to encourage passing. 

They never changed rules to encourage passing.  They held a meeting prior to the 05 or 06 season (don't recall which), and reminded officials how to properly call defensive pass interference, holding, and other molestation of receivers which the PATS were responsible for.

Belichick is infact a genius, so that helps.

He's an excellent coach in a number of ways.  Not sure about genius, though.  He excels at knowing exactly how far he can push the rules, bend the rules, etc...

Oh and The commissioner of the NFL stated several times no "taping" occurred in any sb's so that whole argument is bs.

ROFLMAO!   I guess Bill Clinton never had "inappropriate relations" with that woman, either, right?
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

body88

« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2008, 10:04:01 PM »
Correct.  The NFL had to go back and instruct officials on how to properly call defensive holding/pass interference according to the rule book, after the Pats RAPED the Colts receivers year after year in the AFC playoffs, and prior to that, the Rams receivers in SB36.  You call any of those games according to the rule book, and the Pats don't even get a sniff of at least 2 of their Super Bowls.

Maybe it's because they have about 18 players on Injured reserve, and their defense is getting almost elderly.

They were caught, and tapes from previous years mysteriously "disappeared".  Yeah, right.  Goodell was doing a favor for his buddy Bobby Kraft, and sweeping under the rug a whole multitude of problems that those tapes would've revealed for the league's legitimacy.

You sound like one.  And perhaps their "gift" in SB36 wasn't "cheating", but there's no question that Bobby Kraft and Tags were buddies.  Any reasonably knowledgeable football fan will never acknowledge their SB36 "win" as legit after seeing the 150+ yards in free uncalled penalties they got away with in that game.  See these videos for a refresher in that gang raping (150 yards of uncalled penalties & Bernie Kukar - Incompetent or "on the take"):

&feature=related
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3529369093687376012

They never changed rules to encourage passing.  They held a meeting prior to the 05 or 06 season (don't recall which), and reminded officials how to properly call defensive pass interference, holding, and other molestation of receivers which the PATS were responsible for.

He's an excellent coach in a number of ways.  Not sure about genius, though.  He excels at knowing exactly how far he can push the rules, bend the rules, etc...

ROFLMAO!   I guess Bill Clinton never had "inappropriate relations" with that woman, either, right?

I am tired as hell right now, so I will a answer some of the points tommorow. 

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2008, 10:13:25 PM »
I am tired as hell right now, so I will a answer some of the points tommorow. 

No need.  The 2 video clips I posted links of says it all.  Peyton Manning should be the one with 3 rings now, and Warner with 2.
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2008, 11:39:10 PM »
Oh well...they can't all be Jackson/Allen backfields, can they?

Fucking Al Davis, I swear.

The life of a Raiders fan is the most painful of all over the past two decades.

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2008, 03:02:27 AM »

You should ask Marino, how does it feel to never win a superbowl. I am willing to bet he'll trade all those "stats," and his left nut for a ring!

IMO, who gives a fuck if you can't win the big one, ask guys like Moss and Owens.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2008, 03:14:38 AM »
Brett Favre is a man who loves Wrangler Jeans.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: December 29, 2008, 05:44:37 AM »
Brett Favre is a man who loves Wrangler Jeans.

body88

« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2008, 05:58:53 AM »
No need.  The 2 video clips I posted links of says it all.  Peyton Manning should be the one with 3 rings now, and Warner with 2.

Sore, bitter, loser  :D

body88

« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2008, 07:47:05 AM »
Excuses on top of excuses here.  The rule you speak of was looked at because Bill Polian (a member of the competition committee), was upset that his soft team could not beat the Patriots.  Ironically, the year the colts won the sb, their db's were among the most physical with receivers. It's funny that when the colts finally won a sb, it was through bone crushing defense.  The kind they used to cry about!  Your above post is your typical crybaby argument (used by sore losers all over the sports world). Lastly, the fact that Bill Polian is a member of the competition committee, and also the gm of the colts is pretty shady if you ask me.  His team loses, and he wants to call meeting to have rules "re emphasized"?  Sounds kind of shady to me.  What's the story with that conspiracy!?  Is that a conflict of interest?  The only guy that seemed to have a problem was Polian. Every fan of every team can tell you about favoritism by the NFL of another team (usually the team with a lot of success, or the team they can't seem to beat).

Maybe it's because they have about 18 players on Injured reserve, and their defense is getting almost elderly

Actually the defense is very young. Injuries have forced them to resign older players.  The only "old" players left are Bru and Harrison. Starting d:  Wilfork 26, Seymour 28, Warren 26, Greene 28, Wright 29, Crable 22, Guyton 22, Mayo 23, Alexander 26, Hobbs26, Meriweather,22, Wilhite 22, Wheatley 23, Sanders 26, Thomas 30.  If you knew anything about that pats (which you don't), you would know the defense has been 80% rebuilt while the pats have remained competitive.  The pats also have a slew of draft pics this year.

They were caught, and tapes from previous years mysteriously "disappeared".  Yeah, right.  Goodell was doing a favor for his buddy Bobby Kraft, and sweeping under the rug a whole multitude of problems that those tapes would've revealed for the league's legitimac

First, Goodel spent most of his NFL career working for the Jets. Did you know that? Goodel is closer with the Jets than the Pats.  The Patriots provided all the tapes that were requested by the NFL.  The tapes were destroyed after one was leaked to the news station Goodel's wife worked for (which the pats could sue over if it happened again). Wes Welker was just fined 10k for making a snowangel.  Favoritism my ass ::)  Just accept that the pats were punished, and the tapes were not that big of a deal.  The tapes were provided, reviewed and destroyed after one was LEAKED to the news station that Goodel's wife works for.  You would understand that leaking sealed evidence could bring up some issues with the pats right?  How would a court of law look at those tapes after they were leaked ( when they are guaranteed to be secure by the NFL)?

The Pats sb's were proven to be legit, and the Boston Herald is on the verge of tanking due to the backlash from writing that bullshit story.  The videos you posted can be found by looking up the loser of every superbowl in recent memory......and asking some yahoo fan which conspiracy they bought into that cost them to lose.  You just happened to find a mega loser with far to much time on their hands. 

That was initiated by a member of the competition committee (Bill Polian), who also happens to be the gm of the team that was "mugged".  Hmmmm, talk about conspiracies!!!!  I wonder why he didn't reemphasize the rules when his db's were crushing people the year they won the sb.  They did have the most penalties off all db's in the NFL that year.

He's an excellent coach in a number of ways.  Not sure about genius, though.  He excels at knowing exactly how far he can push the rules, bend the rules, etc
Your hate is twisting your mind.  Belichick was voted coach of the year last year by his peers during the whole spygate thing after leading his team to the only undefeated 16 game season. Belichick helped produce an 11-5 record with 14 starters on ir and the loss of the NFL's best QB this year. Belichicks defensive plans are credited for both the Giants sb wins under Parcels and two of the pats three sb's.  Thats not even taking into account Belichicks steller playoff record, his unrivled winning percentage and the three sb's he won here in NE.  Most everyone in the NFL admits he is a genious, whether they like him or not.  His peers have the utmost repsect for his football mond, it's clear that you just don't like him.

Many coaches have come out and said the whole spygate thing was overblown.  Guys like Parcels said that teams have been doing this stuff for years, and that gamesmenship is part of the NFL.  There are tons of people who say spygate was nonsense, and many people who feel that it was a big deal (most of the teams who can't beat the pats).  Most of the NFL greats (Jimmy Johnson, Parcels, Dan Rooney-etc) have said that spygate was nonsense, so after looking at the pats record post spygate (29-6), listening to the opinions of several prominent NFL people (Parcels, Bill Polian, Jimmy Johnson, Art Rooney-etc), and finding out that the pats did not use taping to win their sb's, I formed the opinion that gamesmenship is part of the NFL, and even though taping gave the pats little advantage, Belichick is that much of a competitor and will do everything he can to win.  Belichick stated several times that they used the tapes later for scouting perposes (which is ok). Again "stealing sings in not illegal....what Belichick got into trouble for was trying to expose a loophole in the NFL rule and having the camera on the sideline.  He was wrong and he was punished.  Considering Welker was just fined 10k for a snowangel, I think the magnitude of the pats fine was meant to send a message to the whole NFL.  I am on the side of the fence that believes that spygate was crap, and you are on the other side.  It's no more complicated than that.  Legit arguments can be formed for both sides, it is what it is.

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2008, 10:56:07 AM »
Typical Pats "fan boy" excuses....

Excuses on top of excuses here.  The rule you speak of was looked at because Bill Polian (a member of the competition committee), was upset that his soft team could not beat the Patriots.  Ironically, the year the colts won the sb, their db's were among the most physical with receivers. It's funny that when the colts finally won a sb, it was through bone crushing defense.  The kind they used to cry about!

Nothing wrong with playing physical defense.  The difference is that the Colts did it WITHIN THE RULES OF THE GAME, while the Pats got away with blatant late hits, helmet-to-helmet hits, holding, taking out the knees, etc....    The Colts were just a solid, fundamentally sound, hard hitting defense.  The Pats are cheap shot artists.  The "150+ yards of uncalled penalties" video alone shows enough of that, and that doesn't even include the ass rapings they did on Marvin Harrison and the Colts receivers.

Your above post is your typical crybaby argument (used by sore losers all over the sports world). Lastly, the fact that Bill Polian is a member of the competition committee, and also the gm of the colts is pretty shady if you ask me.  His team loses, and he wants to call meeting to have rules "re emphasized"?  Sounds kind of shady to me.  What's the story with that conspiracy!?  Is that a conflict of interest?  The only guy that seemed to have a problem was Polian.

No, try the entire rest of the league.  Polian is a stand up guy, and was doing the responsible thing as a member of the competition committee.  When one team gets away with murder on the field, he was right to call them and the officials out on that, and bring back fair play to the league.

Actually the defense is very young. Injuries have forced them to resign older players.  The only "old" players left are Bru and Harrison. Starting d:  Wilfork 26, Seymour 28, Warren 26, Greene 28, Wright 29, Crable 22, Guyton 22, Mayo 23, Alexander 26, Hobbs26, Meriweather,22, Wilhite 22, Wheatley 23, Sanders 26, Thomas 30.  If you knew anything about that pats (which you don't), you would know the defense has been 80% rebuilt while the pats have remained competitive. 

LOL @ your bragging about your Pats knowledge - obvious clouded judgement, fanboy.  The impact players on the defense are old.  Besides Harrison and Tedy, 28, 29, and 30 is getting old in the NFL.   The few young guys on the defense (22,23, 26) are not impact guys like Seau, Harrison, Bruschi, Vrabel, and some of the cast offs they've sent to other teams. So the point remains.... they finished with a worse record than last year because of injuries and an aging defense, not because Brady to Cassell is a huge drop off.  Brady = product of the system, and is an above avg QB at best.  Certainly no Montana, Manning, Young, Elway, etc...

First, Goodel spent most of his NFL career working for the Jets. Did you know that? Goodel is closer with the Jets than the Pats. 

I'm well aware of both Tags and Goods backgrounds.  That doesn't mean that can't buddy up with money man Bobby Kraft, and protect one of the league's most valued franchises.

The Patriots provided all the tapes that were requested by the NFL.  The tapes were destroyed after one was leaked to the news station Goodel's wife worked for (which the pats could sue over if it happened again). Wes Welker was just fined 10k for making a snowangel.  Favoritism my ass ::)  Just accept that the pats were punished, and the tapes were not that big of a deal.  The tapes were provided, reviewed and destroyed after one was LEAKED to the news station that Goodel's wife works for.  You would understand that leaking sealed evidence could bring up some issues with the pats right?  How would a court of law look at those tapes after they were leaked ( when they are guaranteed to be secure by the NFL)?

Hilarious paragraph.   They are cheaters and have been for 7-8 seasons now.  Busted, and the tapes mysteriously "disappear"....  Ummm.... yeah right.

The Pats sb's were proven to be legit, and the Boston Herald is on the verge of tanking due to the backlash from writing that bullshit story.  The videos you posted can be found by looking up the loser of every superbowl in recent memory......

Problem is, the videos don't lie.  Doesn't matter which fans of which teams made them.  The video evidence is the video evidence.  The Pats got away with murder in SB36, a game that was NOT called in accordance with the NFL rule book.  It was called in a way that would benefit their inferior team and allow them to break/bend the rules.  I know it must suck to hear that your championship is not legitimate, but sorry, it wasn't.  The video doesn't lie.

That was initiated by a member of the competition committee (Bill Polian), who also happens to be the gm of the team that was "mugged".  Hmmmm, talk about conspiracies!!!!  I wonder why he didn't reemphasize the rules when his db's were crushing people the year they won the sb.  They did have the most penalties off all db's in the NFL that year.

They were "crushing people" within the bounds of the rule book.  And as you point out, when they were not within the rules, they were penalized for it.  That's why Polian wasn't complaining - it was all legit.

Your hate is twisting your mind.

No hate here, bub.  Just a fan of legitimate sport, not the financially motivated gifts that the NE franchise has gotten for so long.  Perhaps you should do some research into the early and mid-90's, when Ortmayer and the Pats were working a plan to move the Pats to St. Louis.

Belichick was voted coach of the year last year by his peers during the whole spygate thing after leading his team to the only undefeated 16 game season.

I already said he was an excellent coach.  Few would disagree with that.  But there's no question he's been the beneficiary of some lopsided officiating.  Like I said, his biggest strength as a HC is his ability to work around the rule book.  Kudos to him.

Belichick helped produce an 11-5 record with 14 starters on ir and the loss of the NFL's best most overrated QB this year.

Fixed.

Many coaches have come out and said the whole spygate thing was overblown. 

Of course... those wanting to gain favor with Goodell, Mike Pereira and the officials.  It's in their best interests to "hush" on the matter of spygate.

I am on the side of the fence that believes that spygate was crap, and you are on the other side.  It's no more complicated than that.  Legit arguments can be formed for both sides, it is what it is.

I'm far less concerned about spygate than I am the blatant one-sided officiating on defensive backs that resulted in at least 2 of their 3 Super Bowl wins or playoff runs.
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

body88

« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2008, 11:27:53 AM »
Nothing wrong with playing physical defense.  The difference is that the Colts did it WITHIN THE RULES OF THE GAME, while the Pats got away with blatant late hits, helmet-to-helmet hits, holding, taking out the knees, etc....    The Colts were just a solid, fundamentally sound, hard hitting defense.  The Pats are cheap shot artists.  The "150+ yards of uncalled penalties" video alone shows enough of that, and that doesn't even include the ass rapings they did on Marvin Harrison and the Colts receivers.

So when the colts do it it's physical play?  I can remember off the top of my head three instances in which Bob Sanders hit a pats receiver leading with his helmet this year alone.  The video you showed can be made for any physical defense.  It's a video that someone with way to much time on their hands put together that is one sided and biased.  Your making excuses for the colts, and it's as simple as that.  Again the colts db's were the most penalized db's in the NFL the year they won the sb, and you ignore this.  Just another sour excuse maker for a team that was as soft as a babys ass. Wahhh, wahhhh!!!

No, try the entire rest of the league.  Polian is a stand up guy, and was doing the responsible thing as a member of the competition committee.  When one team gets away with murder on the field, he was right to call them and the officials out on that, and bring back fair play to the league.

Lie. Show proof that the rest of the NFL felt the same way.  Your biased opinion is not fact. Also, you call polian a stand up guy....was that before or after he got drunk in the Jets press box and threatened to break the leg of a well respected journalist?  More twisting of the truth to push your biased agenda.  The pats still won in 2004 with the rule reemphasized, and by your words winning a sb during a time when the rules had been made "fair" again. Your envy is sickening.  The pats played rugged, football.  The NFL is not made for pussies like Bill Polian and the 03 colts.  What did Manning say: "we had some protection issues, as he threw his line under the bus"....typical, it's always some kind of excuse with fans like you and with the players that whine.  Thankfully Manning grew up and is now one of the best qb's ever.

LOL @ your bragging about your Pats knowledge - obvious clouded judgement, fanboy.  The impact players on the defense are old.  Besides Harrison and Tedy, 28, 29, and 30 is getting old in the NFL.   The few young guys on the defense (22,23, 26) are not impact guys like Seau, Harrison, Bruschi, Vrabel, and some of the cast offs they've sent to other teams. So the point remains.... they finished with a worse record than last year because of injuries and an aging defense, not because Brady to Cassell is a huge drop off.  Brady = product of the system, and is an above avg QB at best.  Certainly no Montana, Manning, Young, Elway, etc...

Hi pumpster/Bfury!  The most impactful players in a 3-4 are the defensive line. The nose who anchors the whole scheme (Wilfork 26), the DE that ties up two blockers (Seymour 28) and the DE who crashes the pocket(Warren 26).  Out of those players the oldest player (Seymour) is 28....that's the first dumb thing you said proven wrong.  Further more, the current crop of lb's (the guys who make the plays in a 3-4), are Mayo (Defensive rookie of the year Favorite), Guyton, Alexander, Vrabel and Thomas.  Again, Vrabel is the oldest of the bunch at 33. Mayo is 22, Guyton is 22, Alexander is 26 and Thomas is 30. Jr was only brought back when Ad Thomas went on ir. Lastly, you are simply incorrect in saying that the pats d is aging. I showed you that 90% of the starting D is either 20-25 or 25-28.  The only "old" players on the pats 2009 roster are Bru (if they keep him) and Harrison.  Both will be in limited roles.  As shown above AGAIN, you don't know shit about the patriots.  Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about!

Brady is a product of the system and he is average? Show me an average QB who SMASHED every single season QB record, won three sb's and passed for 50td's and 4 int's.  I know you are just trying to get a rise out of me, but your lack of football knowledge is embarrassing. The guy just won the MVP, lol.

I'm well aware of both Tags and Goods backgrounds.  That doesn't mean that can't buddy up with money man Bobby Kraft, and protect one of the league's most valued franchises.
Clearly you were not....and the fact you are ignoring my point which blew yours out of the water proves you are just trying to be a smartass, and lack basic knowledge of the NFL or the Patriots.  Your not going to get a rise out of me, you seem to be taking far more pleasure in this than me, ha!

Problem is, the videos don't lie.  Doesn't matter which fans of which teams made them.  The video evidence is the video evidence.  The Pats got away with murder in SB36, a game that was NOT called in accordance with the NFL rule book.  It was called in a way that would benefit their inferior team and allow them to break/bend the rules.  I know it must suck to hear that your championship is not legitimate, but sorry, it wasn't.  The video doesn't lie.
It must suck to be so insecure that you think it hurts my feelings to hear your mindless nonsense.  You're not right, and you're ob quite insecure :-/

They were "crushing people" within the bounds of the rule book.  And as you point out, when they were not within the rules, they were penalized for it.  That's why Polian wasn't complaining - it was all legit.
Why because you say so?  Again I form a great counter point to your nonsense and you come back with more baseless nonsense!  Show me the proof!!??

I already said he was an excellent coach.  Few would disagree with that.  But there's no question he's been the beneficiary of some lopsided officiating.  Like I said, his biggest strength as a HC is his ability to work around the rule book.  Kudos to him.
Another lie.....based on sour grapes and jealousy.  Just remember that the Giants won their first two sb's because of Bill Belichick  :)

No hate here, bub.  Just a fan of legitimate sport, not the financially motivated gifts that the NE franchise has gotten for so long.  Perhaps you should do some research into the early and mid-90's, when Ortmayer and the Pats were working a plan to move the Pats to St. Louis.
What does this have to do with anything LMAO!!??  Kraft was the one who put up his own money to keep the Pats in NE, at the time the Pats were making no money, and the best interest of the team would have been a move!
Of course... those wanting to gain favor with Goodell, Mike Pereira and the officials.  It's in their best interests to "hush" on the matter of spygate.
Why does Jimmy Johnson care about Goodel or Pereira....he is retired, and Parcels was also retired at the time.  More delusional garbage by hd.

Fixed.
You are DRIPPING with Jealousy!

I'm far less concerned about spygate than I am the blatant one-sided officiating on defensive backs that resulted in at least 2 of their 3 Super Bowl wins or playoff runs.
You seem to be the only one!!!!  Just more nonsense!  You're bitter as a lemon!!

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #99 on: December 29, 2008, 12:13:20 PM »
is the most overrated QB in history.
Discuss

completely agree.  Unless you want INT's at critical moments of course... then he's your man.