Author Topic: Israeli foreign minister defends military strikes  (Read 4600 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Israeli foreign minister defends military strikes
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2008, 07:42:59 PM »
The reprisal is unfortunate, but understandable even though the loss of innocent lives is terrible.

So independent terrorists (who are able to operate there without interference from "Hamas") are just firing missiles for no stated reason?

Ozmo I find it bizarre that ur the guy asking what their reason was. Ur smarter then that.....Hamas doesn't need a reason.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2008, 08:11:22 PM »
Ozmo I find it bizarre that ur the guy asking what their reason was. Ur smarter then that.....Hamas doesn't need a reason.
The idea that someone doesn't need a reason is plausible.  The idea that a group doesn't need a reason is propaganda.  The reason may not be logical or valid, but its a stated reason none the less.  Evoking Israel's wrath to gain sympathy in the arab world doesn't make much sense to me.  I still think there is more than that.  However, as Ron has explained it may be just that.  Also real peace may mean the end of Hamas and that's why they attacked.

By the way....anyone know how many Israelis were killed from the rocket attacks during the cease fire? 

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2008, 08:16:16 PM »
hamas won the election

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2008, 08:18:16 PM »
The idea that someone doesn't need a reason is plausible.  The idea that a group doesn't need a reason is propaganda.  The reason may not be logical or valid, but its a stated reason none the less.  Evoking Israel's wrath to gain sympathy in the arab world doesn't make much sense to me.  I still think there is more than that.  However, as Ron has explained it may be just that.  Also real peace may mean the end of Hamas and that's why they attacked.

By the way....anyone know how many Israelis were killed from the rocket attacks during the cease fire? 
i think that its whats engrained in their minds, i also wouldnt be suprised if the government in palestine doesnt have a firm grasp on its militant faction as a whole and either dont want to get them to stop for fear or repraisal or just would rather have them do the dirty work.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2008, 10:58:14 PM »

Yesterday 2 Israelis were killed and 20-30 injured.
But it's not due to Hamas not trying, they launched more than 100 rockets, it's just that their incompetent.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2008, 08:33:58 AM »
Hamas' aim is the destruction of Israel. Simple as that. They knew Israel would eventually fire back, but not to this extreme.

Their intention is to provoke sympathy throughout the entire Muslim and non-Muslim world so they can get pressure and more money to help their cause. Anger brings money in. And bigger players into the region, aka Russia, Iran and more. 

I think these are both pretty good assesments of the situation.

Frankly, I'm kind of suprised that Israel has waited this long.

I understand the argument of proportionality but I just don't see that as a valid excuse over and over again (IMO).

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2008, 08:39:05 AM »

Yesterday 2 Israelis were killed and 20-30 injured.
But it's not due to Hamas not trying, they launched more than 100 rockets, it's just that their incompetent.

I wonder where they are getting the rockets.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2008, 08:49:03 AM »

Some they make in Gaza, some they smuggle through tunnels from Egypt.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2008, 09:40:50 AM »
I tend to agree with Ron's interpretation of whats happening as well.  We don't know all the facts and Israel isn't completely free of guilt but it seems Israel has gone to great lengths to warm Hamas and pleaded with them to stop attacking them.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2008, 09:45:41 AM »
I tend to agree with Ron's interpretation of whats happening as well.  We don't know all the facts and Israel isn't completely free of guilt but it seems Israel has gone to great lengths to warm Hamas and pleaded with them to stop attacking them.

I think Israel is doing this now, as opposed to a few months from now for obvious reasons, hint  . . . hint.  ..  .

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2008, 09:51:08 AM »
I think Israel is doing this now, as opposed to a few months from now for obvious reasons, hint  . . . hint.  ..  .

yep, I was thinking that also.

I'm sure the transition of power in the US played some part in their timing

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2008, 10:00:14 AM »
yep, I was thinking that also.

I'm sure the transition of power in the US played some part in their timing

Serious, what is the difference of say 3000 rockets vs. only 1000 rockets? 

In my mind, more than a few rockets would have been enough.  However, Israel knows it can get away with more now as opposed to when Obama takes over.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2008, 10:02:49 AM »
If a country goes on Arab TV and pleads with them to stop attacking their civilians and watches as said aggressors continue to launch 100+ rockets daily into their country, well then, they welcome everything they're getting. If they really cared about their people and the rest of the Palestinians in Gaza, then they would have stopped launching the rockets when Israel pleaded with them to. Hamas has absolutely no regard for the rest of the Palestinians and only uses them as a tool to further their agenda, i.e. by launching rockets from civilian homes and school rooftops.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2008, 10:07:14 AM »
Serious, what is the difference of say 3000 rockets vs. only 1000 rockets? 

In my mind, more than a few rockets would have been enough.  However, Israel knows it can get away with more now as opposed to when Obama takes over.

I agree with pretty much all of what you've said.

I'm not sure Israel "knows" anything about how Obama will react but I do believe they have a window right now where they can pretty much do whatever they want with the full support of the US and they may also be trying to set the tone (to some extent) for the new administration.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2008, 12:27:41 PM »
Israel does get money from the US, as many other countries too.  However, they are restricted into various means, aka selling technology. Can you imagine if Israel could sell billions of dollars worth of technology to countries around the world. They would make a ton of money, incredible amounts.

I would say the jews already did that, they LOVE money that is for sure!

jt
TEAM Nasser

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2008, 01:28:44 PM »
yeah but why make money yourself when ur already receiving thousants of millions.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2008, 01:43:09 PM »

Syria and alike.....plenty of folks who will sell to anybody. As far as damage and how many people the rockest kill...first off u guys really need to see an Arab fire a rocket, that should explain most of it. Israel knew that attacking into Gaza would bring a ton of shit down on them plus they just fired alot of top ranking IDF leadership and had to get their house in order before wacking Hamas. They gathered intel, and waited until they could get the most bang for the buck. If they plan to invade into Gaza they don't want a repeat of 2 years ago.
L

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2008, 01:43:56 PM »
israel will never prevail
TEAM Nasser

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2008, 01:50:09 PM »
israel will never prevail

what are you smokling today?

Israel can do whatever it wants to these pathetic palistinians, with one arm behind its back.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2008, 01:54:27 PM »
what are you smokling today?

Israel can do whatever it wants to these pathetic palistinians, with one arm behind its back.

bwhwhahha, no they cannot, Allah will protect his people who are being murdered by the jews.  Iran will be nuking and microwaving your money hungry friends soon :)

jt
TEAM Nasser

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2008, 01:57:23 PM »
If mexico was firing 100 rockets per day into the USA>... holy shit, we'd wipe them off the map.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2008, 02:15:55 PM »
bwhwhahha, no they cannot, Allah will protect his people who are being murdered by the jews.  Iran will be nuking and microwaving your money hungry friends soon :)

jt

So how is the weather in Gaza bitch?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2008, 02:18:05 PM »

jt

You are kidding right????

Allah and his pedophile prophet Mohamed are not protecting anything. 

Israel can single handidly destroy Iran in about a week or two if it wanted. 

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2008, 02:19:09 PM »
think again jew
TEAM Nasser

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2008, 02:19:17 PM »
If mexico was firing 100 rockets per day into the USA>... holy shit, we'd wipe them off the map.

They do worse, they send over thousands of illegals who commit crimes, drive drunk, and go on welfare.