Author Topic: IFBB: BIG, SHOWY, USELESS MUSCLE  (Read 6121 times)

The Master

• Getbig V
Re: IFBB: BIG, SHOWY, USELESS MUSCLE
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2008, 04:19:32 PM »
I couldn't think of a single good reason to exerting energy into building useless oversized muscles.

What about making Ron and Bluto horny ???

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2008, 04:20:28 PM »
pussy

got a hell of a lot more of it at a lean 200lbs than a shredded 230.
w

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2008, 04:20:49 PM »

What about making Ron and Bluto horny ???

I said "good" reason :D
w

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2008, 04:21:24 PM »
got a hell of a lot more of it at a lean 200lbs than a shredded 230.

touche'

;D
No doubt about it...

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2008, 04:24:23 PM »
I couldn't think of a single good reason to exerting energy into building useless oversized muscles.
what about 'living the dream'?

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2008, 05:03:56 PM »
I am confident I could wail on any IFBB PRO, past or present, in a sanctioned boxing match. The big, showy, useless muscle will do nothing but hinder these meathead's efforts.  Their cardio sucks and they would be sucking air in seconds.  Whether we're talking boxing, MMA, karate match etc, I'm ready to go.
I'm confident you would too, RedMeatKid. Why? You apparently have a greater interest in fighting than building big muscles. To IFBB Pros, on the other hand, building big muscles is the number 1 priority.  ;)

Why assume someone is building big muscles to look and claim they're "tough?" That's not the point at all. Bodybuilding shows are beauty pageants, the aesthetics of the body being the "beauty" part of it. So why assume a beauty pageant contestant is trying to look "tough?" Such assumption simply reveals the fact that you're intimidated by larger men. You shouldn't be; as I said, if fighting is more important to you than huge muscles, you'll probably be able to knock out many men that are larger than you.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2008, 06:00:11 PM »
Bodybuilding is utterly pointless.  Most do it because they think chicks like it and/or because they think they get respect from other males.  None of it is true.  Most girls think it's gross.  And, with the advent of MMA, it is now a fact that big showy muscles do NOTHING to help you kick ass.

Bodybuilding is nearly dead.  The only ones left are the gay guys and the schmoes watching them.

don't you still go to shows?

and when were you ever a shredded 230?

you said you competed at 195 or so

E
E

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2008, 11:34:24 AM »
don't you still go to shows?

and when were you ever a shredded 230?

you said you competed at 195 or so

E

The only show I've been to in the last 10 years was this year's O and it was only the expo to do some business.  Bodybuilding shows are insanely boring.  I thought so even when I was competing. 

My off season weight was 230 at under 10% BF...that's "shredded" to the mainstream population.  Right now I'm 210 at about 14% BF.  In the summer I'll be about 200 at 10%.  Even that is too big.  I need to be at around 185 to have better cardio/stamina and not have people ask me if I'm sauced up. 

w

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2008, 11:45:24 AM »
what about 'living the dream'?

If by the "dream" you mean building a world class physique that turns you into a pussy wrecking machine, a bigger badass than any cage fighter and fame & money, then you chose the wrong sport. 

After building that "world class" physique, you'll soon find that all you're attracting are horny schmoes; the muscles you thought made you into an intimidating badass actually will gas you out in a fight resulting in you getting KO'd by 150lb MMA TapOut cage fighters and the only fame & money you'll make will come from the gay community in the form of private posing sessions. 

Of course, the day does come when you realize, that you are a 40+ yr old loser with nothing to show for you efforts except for a swollen liver, a few plastic trophies, $216 in your savings account and a reoccurring case of hemorrhoids (heavy squatting + fudge packing = bad hemorrhoids). 

Hope that helps...

w

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2008, 11:49:44 AM »
I am confident I could wail on any IFBB PRO, past or present, in a sanctioned boxing match. The big, showy, useless muscle will do nothing but hinder these meathead's efforts.  Their cardio sucks and they would be sucking air in seconds.  Whether we're talking boxing, MMA, karate match etc, I'm ready to go.

You're an idiot!

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2008, 11:54:56 AM »
it really doesnt take alot to knock a man out, my friend was an irish boxing amateur champ and KO'd folks twice his size in the street. The guy was 148lbs

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2008, 12:38:07 PM »
it really doesnt take alot to knock a man out, my friend was an irish boxing amateur champ and KO'd folks twice his size in the street. The guy was 148lbs

it's even easier when the opponent is a muscle-bound cardio mess that can't keep his hands up after 2 minutes of "throwing hands"...
w

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2008, 12:40:12 PM »
If by the "dream" you mean building a world class physique that turns you into a pussy wrecking machine, a bigger badass than any cage fighter and fame & money, then you chose the wrong sport. 

After building that "world class" physique, you'll soon find that all you're attracting are horny schmoes; the muscles you thought made you into an intimidating badass actually will gas you out in a fight resulting in you getting KO'd by 150lb MMA TapOut cage fighters and the only fame & money you'll make will come from the gay community in the form of private posing sessions. 

Of course, the day does come when you realize, that you are a 40+ yr old loser with nothing to show for you efforts except for a swollen liver, a few plastic trophies, $216 in your savings account and a reoccurring case of hemorrhoids (heavy squatting + fudge packing = bad hemorrhoids). 

Hope that helps...

you better STOP talking bad about schmoing.

jt
TEAM Nasser

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2008, 12:40:59 PM »
you better STOP talking bad about schmoing.

jt

Are you strapping on your bombs if not?

suckmymuscle

« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2008, 12:53:02 PM »
  I gota agree with Sarcasm here. Size&strengh are huge advantages in a fight. The average man can eat the average woman to a bloody pulp if he wants to only because of superior size&strengh. I think it would be very tough for a 140 lbs skilled fighter to defeat a 220+ lbs muscular guy who doesen't know how to fight. Now, if the 140 lbs guy is a BJJ master, then it is possible because he would take the fight to the ground and submit him. However, even a BJJ master would find it hard to defeat a guy who carries 100 lbs more of muscle than him. Case in point: Royce Gracie, 5th degree black belt in BJJ, had to take steroids to compete at PRIDE because he was too small and weak.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2008, 02:13:28 PM »

Hope that helps...

i take it that you have put the days of lifting behind you  :D

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2008, 03:48:19 PM »
  I gota agree with Sarcasm here. Size&strengh are huge advantages in a fight. The average man can eat the average woman to a bloody pulp if he wants to only because of superior size&strengh. I think it would be very tough for a 140 lbs skilled fighter to defeat a 220+ lbs muscular guy who doesen't know how to fight. Now, if the 140 lbs guy is a BJJ master, then it is possible because he would take the fight to the ground and submit him. However, even a BJJ master would find it hard to defeat a guy who carries 100 lbs more of muscle than him. Case in point: Royce Gracie, 5th degree black belt in BJJ, had to take steroids to compete at PRIDE because he was too small and weak.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

If fighting skills & cardio are relatively equal, then yes, a bigger guy will beat a smaller guy.  But that is not what we are talking about.  A 240lb bodybuilder that gets winded from walking up a flight of stairs will get his ass handed to him by any feather weight in the WEC.  My point?  Carrying around 30-40lbs of excess muscle is not only pointless, but also unhealthy and repelling to most women. 
w

The GodFather

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2008, 03:54:04 PM »

Hope that helps...

FFS Post of Facts and Truth.You Sir have some insight.