Author Topic: Varicocele Any advice at all????????  (Read 3531 times)

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
Varicocele Any advice at all????????
« on: January 01, 2009, 02:17:10 PM »
I was diagnosed with this yesterday afternoon they said that it should just go away on its own...... But my quistion here is CAN i still train while its all swollen and very tender???????

Here is the definition for all of you. ( Or atleast the best i could find for it )

Again thanx alot for ANY help

The idiopathic varicocele occurs when the valves within the veins along the spermatic cord don't work properly. This is essentially the same process as varicose veins, which are common in the legs. This results in backflow of blood into the pampiniform plexus and causes increased pressures, ultimately leading to damage to the testicular tissue.

Varicoceles develop slowly and may not have any symptoms. There are most frequently diagnosed when a patient is 15-25 years of age, and rarely develop after the age of 40. They occur in 15-20% of all males, and in 40% of infertile males.

98% of idiopathic varicoceles occur on the left side, apparently because the left testicular vein runs vertically up to the renal vein, while the right testicular vein drains directly into the vena cava. Isolated right sided varicoceles are rare, and should prompt evaluation for an abdominal or pelvic mass

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
Re: Varicocele
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 10:28:56 PM »
Ok......... i guess my quistion would be can i still train around this without risk of injury to the swollen testicle?????

Again thanx