Author Topic: 315 for 15 shoulder press DEEP REPS!  (Read 6288 times)

brent2741

• Getbig IV
Re: 315 for 15 shoulder press DEEP REPS!
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2009, 07:01:12 PM »
not brutal deep! by the way smith doesnt count 8)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2009, 08:00:18 PM »
yeah buddy

Pecs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2009, 10:12:04 PM »
was the press in the video deep?? i was expecting deeper??

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2009, 10:51:15 PM »
Thats not 315 and far from full reps.  I use the smith machine when I first start back doing shoulders heavy.  Once I get some strength back I get on the free weight.  Usually around 2 weeks. 

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2009, 10:53:05 PM »
those reps are still working the delts dummy... gotta love these "perfect form" skinny/fat clowns who dont know the first thing about groing muscle

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2009, 10:57:18 PM »
those reps are still working the delts dummy... gotta love these "perfect form" skinny/fat clowns who dont know the first thing about groing muscle

Me?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2009, 10:58:13 PM »
Me?
no, of course not. the guy who started the thread with "deep reps" (being sarcastic).

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2009, 11:04:18 PM »
no, of course not. the guy who started the thread with "deep reps" (being sarcastic).

Ok sorry, by the way you look a whole lot better beefed up like you are now.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2009, 11:05:52 PM »
Ok sorry, by the way you look a whole lot better beefed up like you are now.
thanks man

WillRiker

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2009, 06:51:41 AM »
No deep reps but still impressive! Don't listen to all the haters, like this is an easy lift or so  ::)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2009, 06:58:19 AM »
I can do exactly what that guy did any day of the week, so I know if he had done full reps he would've gotten about 6-8.

irishmuscle

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2009, 08:59:29 AM »
All elbow lockout!

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2009, 10:25:57 AM »
No deep reps but still impressive! Don't listen to all the haters, like this is an easy lift or so  ::)

remember, every clowns on getbig can do way better than this guy ::) ::)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2009, 11:10:26 AM »
365  :o

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2009, 12:08:42 PM »
365  :o

Not to talk shit about Ken Lain, but why  do guys who lean back and basically turn the movement into an incline BP still call them shoulder presses ?

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2009, 12:16:58 PM »
Not to talk shit about Ken Lain, but why  do guys who lean back and basically turn the movement into an incline BP still call them shoulder presses ?
what the hell incline bench do you train on that has that angle? ???

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2009, 12:20:58 PM »

i think he's talking about people that place their feet so far foward directly in front of them and basically turn their bodies to an angle while doing shoulder presses. Their butts arnt sitting at the 90 degree angle but a few inches forward, which turns it into more of an incline press than a good ole shoulder press. Look at branch warrens video for an example. Theres a big guy at the gym i go to that uses 125 lb dumbbells for shoulder presses but does this move too. I'm not taking away from this guy, thats damn impressive weight either way, but there is a slight difference.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2009, 12:24:15 PM »
i think he's talking about people that place their feet so far foward directly in front of them and basically turn their bodies to an angle while doing shoulder presses. Their butts arnt sitting at the 90 degree angle but a few inches forward, which turns it into more of an incline press than a good ole shoulder press. Look at branch warrens video for an example. Theres a big guy at the gym i go to that uses 125 lb dumbbells for shoulder presses but does this move too. I'm not taking away from this guy, thats damn impressive weight either way, but there is a slight difference.
it's a VERY slight difference but i wouldn't call it an "incline press".

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2009, 12:25:17 PM »

Alot of times I'll do shoulder dumbell presses with the adjustable incline bench, put as at the highest angle possible. Yeah it's not really a true shoulder press, and it probably works the front delts more than the rear, but I find it easier to get the dumbells into place for a lower rep set, and then I'll just finish off my shoulders with a couple of sets of Hammer Strength behind the neck to hit the rear delts a little.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2009, 12:29:19 PM »
Alot of times I'll do shoulder dumbell presses with the adjustable incline bench, put as at the highest angle possible. Yeah it's not really a true shoulder press, and it probably works the front delts more than the rear, but I find it easier to get the dumbells into place for a lower rep set, and then I'll just finish off my shoulders with a couple of sets of Hammer Strength behind the neck to hit the rear delts a little.

hey i do the same thing man with setting the incline bench at the highest angle possible. It's about as close to 90 degrees as it can get. Did it earlier this morning. But thats all my gym has to work with. I cant stand to sit backwords on a preacher bench and use that for a shoulder press, it kills my lower back for some reason.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2009, 01:39:26 PM »
hey i do the same thing man with setting the incline bench at the highest angle possible. It's about as close to 90 degrees as it can get. Did it earlier this morning. But thats all my gym has to work with. I cant stand to sit backwords on a preacher bench and use that for a shoulder press, it kills my lower back for some reason.

My back has felt alot better since I started doing them this way. You just have so much more support and it feels like a better angle the way your how back is covered. I also love all the tension it puts on my frontal delts, you can handle a little more weight this way.  I figure with, the finishing couple sets of behind the neck hammer presses, and then by alternating my shoulder workout with a good 4 sets of standing barbell presses the next week, it allows me to cover the whole shoulder area AND my lower back just doesn't feel like shit the next day.

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2009, 01:59:40 PM »
that dude could have gotten 6 good reps full range, me thinks

probably, but for what gain?- maybe shoulder damage.

he did just enough ROM to work his delts.

i dont see anything wrong with his form at all in fact. He's making the most of his energy and keeping it safe- as well as limiting it to the working group.

this full range crap is just myth. in fact its counter productive.

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2009, 02:00:23 PM »

for once we agree.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2009, 03:00:10 PM »

LOOK at the angle of his body, he's almost in an incline position, as far as my eyes can tell. not taking anything away from the guy, that weight would crush me

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2009, 03:14:05 PM »

Why on earth would you think slighly varying the angle of an overhead press is going to hit your rear delts, which are hit with pulling exercises?